Tonight, in New York City, get ready to check out a stellar evening of boxing, for a tremendous cause!
Box NYC, a night of amateur boxing, is a non-profit fundraising event which supports Citizen Schools, an organization which supports at-risk middle school students.
At the Lexington Avenue Armory in NYC, you can watch "while collar brawlers," women and men fighting for kids who could use a little hand up.
Promoter Dmitriy Salita is staging the fight card and the professional fighter, who boasts a 35-2-1 mark, is excited to be working on such a fullfilling affair.
"Boxing is a great sport on many levels and for people from all walks of life," said Salita, who also promotes professional fight cards. "I am very proud to be part of an event that raises funds for such a worthy cause through boxing. I am a graduate of James Madison High School in Brooklyn, and truly understand the importance of productive after-school activities for teenage kids. Sport has the power to unite, and through this evening of boxing we are uniting people from different walks of life."
Citizen Schools is committed to closing the achievement and opportunity gaps by providing a proven model of target academic support and apprenticeships - hands-on learning experiences taught by volunteer professionals. The organization currently serves over 1,100 students at six partner schools in Harlem, Brooklyn, and the Bronx.
Fighters with a heart taking part in the event this evening include: Scott Schweitzer, Ashley Robison, Michael Rubin, Judy Spalthoff and Dave Dale. So far, these are the top five fund-raisers for the cause, but several other competitive scrappers are breathing down their neck, accumulating funds for the charitable endeavor. So far, almost $178,000 has been raised for Citizen Schools, so all the participants are already champions, in the fund-raising arena!
Click here http://www.citizenschools.org/boxnyc/ to log on for tickets, and more information on the event. You can also purchase tickets at the door, using cash or credit card.
Location: Lexington Avenue Armory (between 25th and 26th Streets)
Time: VIP entry-6:00 pm; Doors open: 6:30 pm; Fights begin at 7:00 pm
Select Live and Silent Auction Items
• "Farewell to the Captain" - When the 2014 baseball season ends, Derek Jeter will hang up his legendary #2 jersey for the final time. “The Captain” is calling it a career – and now you and a guest will have the opportunity of a lifetime to meet the legend himself, just after he tips his final cap.
• Wine Country getaway for two featuring customized wine tour
• Mercedes Benz Fashion Week VIP package
• Two final-round passes to the 2015 Masters in Augusta, GA
Select Raffle Prizes
• Two tickets to a 2015 New York Nets Game (excluding playoffs)
• Enjoy a two-week full access pass to the gym at Drive 495 that includes the use of the golf simulators
Citizen Schools | 120 Broadway | Suite 120 | New York, NY 10271
Learn more about Citizen Schools
Who Win The Amir Khan vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez Fight?