Robert Guerrero Signs With Al Haymon

BY The Sweet Science ON March 21, 2014

robert 3a7a3

ROBERT GUERRERO

SIGNS WITH ADVISER AL HAYMON

EXCITED ABOUT BIG FIGHTS IN FUTURE

GILROY CA, March 21, 2014 - Multiple world champion, Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-2-1, 18 KOs), who's co-manager by Bob Santos and Luis Decubas Jr., has signed an agreement with world renowned adviser, Al Haymon.

After a long layoff, Guerrero is eager to get back in the ring and start another run toward a world title. With the addition of Haymon, sky is the limit for Guerrero, who will most likely be returning to the ring in the very near future.

"Signing with Al Haymon was a team decision and together we feel with no doubts that this was the best move for my career," said Guerrero. "Team Guerrero and Team Al Haymon are united as one and together we are going straight to the top. Al has proven to be the most successful adviser in boxing, getting his fighters the biggest fights, and I'm thrilled to be working with him and his team. I'm hungry and I'm ready to get back in the ring. My goals are still the same and that's to be the best fighter I can be and give the fans great performances."

"I want to thank Bob Santos and Luis Decubas Jr. for bringing Al Haymon on board. I also want to thank Al Haymon for bringing me on his team and supporting me on my future endeavors. I'm looking forward to being in big fights moving forward and 2014 is going to be a great year for me. I can't wait to get back in the ring for all my fans."

The Shadow says:

I'm shocked! #not

BooHOO! Humbug Ghost and the Ghost Dad!

Danggit! The Shadow Al Hyman will come after this Universe next. Hehehe! Holla!

Skibbz says:

I can imagine young kids thanking Al Haymon on their birthdays for their gifts and christmas presents...

deepwater2 says:

Can the powers that be on here get a statement from de la Hoya on this recent move? I wonder what Haymon will call his new promo outfit? Dela still has the 2nd big cheese at least in canelo . I also saw some talk that golden boy has not turned a profit.

This is a good place for Guerrero... GB is where a high percentage of the viable fighters in his weight class reside. The possibilities are endless....Garcia...if and when he moves up in class. Berto if he rebounds enough to make a rematch worthwhile....Broner, ...plenty of bad blood there to make a good attraction. And then there's Porter, Malignaggi, Thurman and Alexander when Roberts ready to step up and make a statement. Personally I can't wait to see Guerrero in the ring again.. He usually brings it behind a solid chin and a stand-and-deliver type of style.... Robert can be a nightmare for anybody on any given night...and its always a pleasure to watch Guerrero Senior work the media.

Skibbz says:

Lot of good fights there, the berto rematch would be one i'd like to see. In fact when I think of it I really want to see Berto in the ring again soon.. Would be a good fight for them both I think. Not sure how Broner would do vs Robert, but Malignaggi would be a nice gauge and Alexander would make a nice fight. Did Robert Sr and Joy Sr get it on in the end?

Not yet.....there was talk of some type of event. But who would sanction a public fightt between those two old dudes?

Skibbz says:

I wouldn't put it past texas for a few bucks.. If it ever did happen (which I don't think it will) Guerrero doesn't stand a chance.. Like father like son.

The Shadow says:

Suge, they're business partners now. They're going to "faux fight," supposedly, on this reality show.

Remember their recent confrontations? That was staged, shot for the show. These guys are having private lunches together, meetings with producers.

They may fight, or so they say, but it will be in an extremely controlled environment if you ask me (which you didn't but I'll post my $0.02 anyway ).

End of the day, this poorly produced show should be a reality show produced by the Holy Trinity of boxing -- Schaefer, Espinoza and Haymon -- not some random jabronis. It's a start, though.

The Shadow says:

Lol no one would sanction it! Even if they were young, one look at Ruben's record would turn any commission away.

Plus he would cheat. Ruben's the type of dude who would kick you in the balls with his "Pachuco kick'" bite you or even pull out a shank and stab you. He's that type of vato.

Instant disqualification, cabron.

Skibbz says:

Instant disqualification, cabron.

Very funny post Shadow, made me chuckle!

Hilarious

The Commish says:

I am not a fan of The Ghost and less of a fan of Daddy Ghost (or is it Ghost Daddy). But as a career move, Guerrero could not have made a better move, signing with a real Ghost, Al Haymon. The guy is rarely seen and does interviews once every Ice Age. He doesn't need to. He gets his fighters fights, he moved them into position and then turns them loose. Let's see what Haymon has in store for Team Guerrero. As long as it doesn't involve facing Mayweather again, Robert just may emerge victorious.

-Randy G.

The Shadow says:

-Randy G.

Agreed!

Not a fan but he could have the goods. He seems to have a strong mind, strong will. That Berto bout showed me a lot. I think he outwills a lot of guys.

Him vs Thurman is an awesome bout down the road. I'd like it as a co-main event on PPV as early as November (or whenever Canelo's third fight is).

Intriguing fight, since Ghost doesn't get stopped.

Spot on with Haymon.

deepwater2 says:

I would watch mayweather sr vs Ruben in a parking lot fight but a boxing match would be boring.