SOURCE TO WOODS: Mayweather Will Fight Berto on CBS; Update: TMZ Confirms

BY Michael Woods ON July 14, 2015

Andre-Berto

UPDATE 2: For what it's worth, and it might be a lot, because you dismiss them and their sourcing at your peril, but TMZ is reporting as of Monday, 4:30 PM ET that Mayweather-Berto is signed, sealed and will be delivered Sept. 12.

UPDATE: Until the Man decides the Plan, nothing is official. And Floyd Mayweather hasn't released word on specifics of his next.

His maybe foe, Andre Berto, put out a statement on Wednesday afternoon: "I'm happy to be in the running for this fight and am definitely up for the challenge. I know it will be a great fight if it happens."

Lance Pugmire reported Tuesday night that his solid sources say nothing has been fully decided yet, though it does indeed look like the CBS/Berto plan will be effected.

Wouldn't it be something if Mayweather won a Best Fighter ESPY tonight, and announced his "next" plans at the podium during his acceptance speech?

Wise hands know that plans can change, and that nothing is final until checks clear...so I think you will have powers that be assessing public/Twitter sentiment to a Floyd/Berto fight, and that could influence their choice-making. So far, it looks to be like the usual mockingbirds are doing their nattering nabobs of negativism song, but all in all, many seem to like the purported plan. Berto is a name, and while his best days may or may not be behind him, the power of being a name brand can't be over-stated. I also think his physicality could provide for some more interesting moments than we got in the #MayPac fight.

So, we wait...we are accustomed to that...we know this sphere is Floyd's territory, he runs his show, and we will know when he wants us to know...and not until then.

Word on the street, back in the dark alley, away from shining lights of the keytapping fightwriters, we hear this: Floyd Mayweather will fight Andre Berto on CBS, on Sept. 12.

He will get paid around what he has been guaranteed for every fight within his six fight deal with Showtime, which ends after this bout, something like $30-35 million.

Because the fight won't be on pay-per-view, and Floyd won't get a big taste of those extra monies, his pie will be sweetened via sponsorships and the like. The scrap will be marketed as a "give back," an ice cream cone for fans bummed by getting wallet burned watching #MayPac.

Also, a rumor: especially if this experiment goes well, and Floyd beats Berto to go to 49-0, his 50th fight could also run on network television.

I reached out to Showtime and asked for a confirm or deny. The response: "The network has no comment at this time, Mike." I also emailed Swanson Communications, which handles Mayweathers' PR, to respond to those particulars. I didn't hear back, and will insert a response if one arrives. I messaged Berto, and asked him if he got the gig, twice, over a span of two days, and didn't hear back.

deepwater2 says:

#AB.AnotherBum

Berto is 3-3 in the last 4 years.

#BoycottFloyd

Lil Floyd might just get a knockout with this one.

#goawayfloyd

Berto just might use the Philly Crab and beat Floyd with it.

Whomever Floyd is fighting and has already been training a week or two. We'll probably get an announcement by Thursday.

Much respect to Oubobcat if he picked correctly.

Enjoy the fight.

michigan400 says:

And I thought for sure it would GGG. LMAO! !

And who didn't see this coming. Lil Floyd cannot make syet on PPV after the MayPac farce. So naturally he is going to get a lot of for-a-day sponsorship and ride with commercial television. The commercials will cost more than they do during the playing of the U.S. American Super Ball.

The Money May-Berto Scrap is going to sell because women-whupping Money May is scrapping with Berto for sleeping with one of Money May's BIG booty thotties back in da day. And ev'ybodee and dey momma know that violence because of sexual cheating sells.

Don't forget how well the scrap between Broner and Paulie sold because of sexual backsliding. Broner had freaked Paulie's "side piece" and was singing about it like a lark.

Money May has been singing for years on the ratchet scene about "poking" Berto's arse for stealing his thot and banging her and making her mouth up a full load from his Johnson. Hehehe! Holla at ratchet-@$$ WorldStarHipHop. Lil Floyd can be a nasty muthasucka.

Anyway! He might be walking into an upset. Nuffin' comes easy. And he is always talking syet about GOAT Ali and other past great taking easy pugging affairs and getting upset.

I'm not going to be shocked if 3-3-he-last-six-scraps Berto upset Money May, just as 6-0-1 Leon "Deon" Sprinks did GOAT Ali and losing-five-shots-at-the-title (late, good) Jersey Joe Walcott did the late, great Ezzard Charles.

Oh, YUP! I'm calling it now. Lil Floyd is going to get upset fighting for vengeance about a cheating thot. Call it what you want to. But Lil Floyd is a quasi-pimp daddy. He is BIG-pimping fighting a small-time petty pimp for snapping up one of his ho.

Money May is a master at selling ratchet syet. This scrap will be the BIGGEST watched and selling of bulljive commercials ever. Holla!

Money May is such a master at bullsyeting and building fans that he will probably have thotties disguised as good mothers and pillars of good-family living out in the streets fake protesting his "give-back-to-society" free network scrap. The big-booty thotties will be screaming to not let the convicted woman beater on television.

Nobody plays the bad guy and set it up like Lil Floyd while he is picking your pockets. I ain't hating him. I'm just calling a weasel -- I mean a spade -- a spade. Holla!

Floyd should fight Khan on CBS.

At least Khan has a following.

Oh well, it is good they are putting it on network tv, that last ppv may have ruined ppv's for the next few years with any boxer.

SouthPawFlo says:

I wonder why they won't make the fight official....

I already got my tickets, and hotel I'll be back in Vegas fight week again.... I would rather see Shawn Porter than Berto Tho...

I wonder why they won't make the fight official....

Wish I could be there, I truly envy you right now Southpawflo.

Floyd always turns up the anticipation by waiting until the very last minute, its become a regular pattern for his last half a dozen fights. You can bet everything has been worked out in advance, I expect an announcement this week.

Enjoy the fight

deepwater2 says:

What will the odds be? 10-1, 8-1 at best?

Froggy says:

I thought Mayweather said Pacquaio was not a worthy challenger because he had two recent losses, why the change of heart ?

SouthPawFlo says:

@BrownSug

After seeing the bonaza created for the May-Pac extravaganza, I had to come back again... I know it won't be the same as it was in May, but Floyd Brings a different energy to the city....

Now it wasn't that long ago that Berto was the Boogeyman they are trying to make Thurman out to be... He was an undefeated KO artist... He was on the radar of Floyd before the losses to Gurerro, Ortiz & Soto Karass... Even at his best, Berto doesn't have a chance and he's not the been that Berto for a long time...

Ramrod Jab says:

We all know this is going to be another landslide win for Floyd...

King Beef says:

If it is indeed Berto, I wonder if Floyd will mentally be able to "get up" for this fight after Pac? Granted it should be a easy win for May, but anything can happen.

Bernie Campbell says:

Please dont bog me down with this nonsence! Id like to hear the whereabouts of a real fighter and when hes gonna fight again? Guillermo Jones!

When Sam Watson says it is so, that is the way it usually is. He says that Money May is looking to "fight the big, black Haitian on CBS..." https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0jSNRQX1bQ&feature=YouTube.be. Holla!

gibola says:

I did warn the 'anybody but Khan' legions on TTS to be careful what you wish for. Instead of a guy who at least had the style and speed to bother PBF and win rounds, you've got a guy who simply can't win a round, never mind the fight. Enjoy the fight!

Strange things happen in boxing all the time. I'm calling it now.

"The big black [-- what other color he suppose be? White --] Haitian" will get a conroversial majority draw upset against Lil Floyd. Holla!

Two cheating judges will score the fiasco a draw. And one judge will score a win for Berto. Thus, the jive show will end in a majority draw. Holla!

michigan400 says:

Floyd should drop Berto and steal Mayorga away from Mosely for the free TV event. That would be interesting for a quick minute, at least the weigh in and press conferences would be a hoot!! LOL!

Amir Khan is such a POS. He is now mouthing off that Lil Floyd "is bad for boxing" because he can't get Lil Floyd to give him the time of day.

Amir Khan, STFU! You had a chance a couple years ago. But you were too busy fasting for Ramadan. BTW, Eid Mubarak to you. Holla!

The Good Doctor says:

[QUOTE=deepwater2;85557]Sam Watson is going around saying Floyd wants to fight big bad black Berto so it might be 3-3 Berto getting the fight. Floyd will get a stoppage against Berto.

What will the odds be? 10-1, 8-1 at best?[/QUOTE]

I hope you are ready for this:

deepwater2 says:

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;85637]I hope you are ready for this:

Odds for Berto to win in the foreign markets opened as high as +2200. Most that I have seen are +1600. I might put 50 bucks on Berto just for the heck of it in case something miraculous happens.[/QUOTE]

I see on some sites Floyd is 80-1 fav. Put up 8000 to win 100. Wow. I cant believe this fight will be shown on free TV. this mismatch is bad for boxing.

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;85637]I hope you are ready for this:

Do it! Imma do it. Stranger things have been known to happen in the "theatre of the unexpected." Holla!

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;85637]I hope you are ready for this:

Odds for Berto to win in the foreign markets opened as high as +2200. Most that I have seen are +1600. I might put 50 bucks on Berto just for the heck of it [B]in case[/B] something miraculous happens.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely

oubobcat says:

I am just thinking but we have a CBS show starting in about an hour and Showtime show tonight. Could there be an announcement coming today? It has to happen soon, right? I still say Sammy Vasquez (outlined those reasons in a previous post) and don't think its Berto. And maybe we find out all the particulars soon.

Latest Articles

toprankrollsoutinternationalrosterforjune11th
agrandnightofboxingawaitsliverpoolfightfansonsunday
linaressaysheishealthywantscrollaunificationbout
damonallenandhectortanajarascorekosatthebenefitshowforthesugarrayleonardfoundation
liverpoolsbomberlookingforcruiserweightgreencomesunday
herbqherbiehoopslambeck19322015boxingspeerlesspricemaker
stopcryingaboutcanelonotfightinggolovkindosomethingaboutit
insidestraightthebodypunchers
sugarshanemosleyisbackinactiononmay28inthefinalhurdletoanotherworldtitlefight
eyeontheheavyweightsbritdavidpricereturnssunday

The Talk N Shoot Boxing Podcast - 10th Edition - The Super Welterweiight Discussion (May 25)

Do you think Alvarez vs Golovkin will fight in 2016?

75.8%   (50)