Peter Quillin Dumps WBO Belt

BY Michael Woods ON September 04, 2014

peter-quillin

WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin is now EX WBO middleweight champion.

The NY-based boxer, age 30, who had a stint of homelessness as a teen, and held the 'BO strap for two years, is renouncing the bauble. He'd been slated to face the mandatory challenger as determined by the WBO, Matt Korobov.

But it appears he will head in another direction. We hear an intra-NYC tussle between Quillin (30-1) and WBA middleweight champion Danny Jacobs (age 27; 28-1) is in the works.

Here is the release that Quillin put out on Facebook today:

I would like to thank the WBO for allowing me to grace the ring and live out my dream of being a world champion. For nearly two years, I have held that title and I will forever hold this period in my career in high regard. Effective today, I will be vacating my championship belt. I have a strong team surrounding me and I trust they have big plans for my future. I appreciate the support my fans have given me and I'm grateful to the WBO for my run as a world champion. I look forward to my future endeavors in the ring. Thank you.

Wow! He dumped the WBO strap for a bigger bottom line -- pay. Holla!

stormcentre says:

Does anyone think it has anything to do with "MK Ultra"?

If so, to what extent/percentage?

Carmine Cas says:

Wow! He dumped the WBO strap for a bigger bottom line -- pay. Holla!

stormcentre says:

If this opens up the way for "MK Ultra" to get any version of a light middleweight title, then there will be another decent unification and/or fight option for 3G.

Mattvey Korobov, in form, is a decent challenge for any light middleweight out there.

Jacobs, is an easier target than "MK Ultra" and both Quillin and Roach know it.

deepwater2 says:

MK Ultra is no joke. Quillin ran from 1.4 million!

MK vs Danny Jacobs with headgear. MK shuts him out and knocks him flat.

stormcentre says:

Spot on D2

MK Ultra hits seriously hard.

And his punch resistance is good too.

He wouldn't be intimidated by Quillin and what's more he has the amateur/professional pedigree to go to a different level when/if needed.

Quillin don't want none of that - where's the advantage for him in that?

For two years he held the title against nobodies.
When the first decent challenge comes up he bolts.

stormcentre says:

[QUOTE=brownsugar;63005]For two years he held the title against nobodies.
When the first decent challenge comes up he bolts.[/QUOTE]

Certainly looks that way doesn't it?

[QUOTE=Carmine Cas;63000]You really think he will find a bigger purse in another fight? Jacobs? I know you and Bsug mentioned that tsah and jayz and squashed their beef, the media is depicting it as the opposite.[/QUOTE]

I said that it was Beyonces dad who was ultimatley blamed for embezzlement. Not Hayman as previously reported.

Hayman and Jays were and still have a relationship...in the music business they can't help but cross paths .... But that has nothing to do with friendship or the interests of Al Haymans Associates apparently.

If Quillin thought he could of beat Korobov he would have taken the money in a heart beat.

You can give a horse all the water in the world but you can't make him drink.

stormcentre says:

[QUOTE=deepwater2;63002]MK Ultra is no joke. Quillin ran from 1.4 million!

MK vs Danny Jacobs with headgear. MK shuts him out and knocks him flat.

[url]http://youtu.be/ynDnAItHkiU[/QUOTE]

Nice vid D2.

Don't sleep on "MK Ultra".

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqEzHSTflNI&feature=youtu.be

stormcentre says:

And . . . . here . .

"MK Ultra" schools Kovalev (as far as the amateur points system is concerned); although Sergey doesn't - in my opinion - embarrass himself with his efforts.

More, for the first few rounds he has difficulty reading Matvey's feints and this makes him hesitant; something (as probably Hopkins will) "MK Ultra" also capitalised on.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnNZItrXaOA

Check out Matt Korobov shutting down Krusher Kovalev .
...one of the purest boxing performances you will ever see.
Sorry no time to post the link but its easy to find on utube

deepwater2 says:

Carmine Cas says:

Koborov can fight, he was touted as being a prospect a couple of years ago I was wondering what happened to him. So when it was announced he was fighting Quillin I was surprised lol. Quillin will probably fight Jacobs in a battle of brooklyn. Is he being trained by Roach or Eric Brown? I can see him calling out Cotto, but without the belt he's got no chips.

stormcentre says:

Quillin is at Roaches' Wild Card gym for now.

[QUOTE=deepwater2;63012]MK looking lik a crafty southpaw in there and he mixes it up well on the inside. KK lost but he landed a few good ones at least. Danny got knocked flat and beat by 20 points so they had to stop it according to the mercy rule. Quillin ducked. Who can Quillin fight now?[/QUOTE]

Hey... I blew my call so I'm going to shut up and moderate...

I'll let you guys figure that one out...

But the only fight he can take is Jacobs who is known to have a "chin Problem"

.....Could you believe the moves that Korobov was putting on the Krusher? Amazing

Latest Articles