Weights: Brandon Rios 147, Diego Chaves 148

BY The Sweet Science ON August 02, 2014

#RiosChavezSaturday's _BOXING AFTER DARK _split-site_ _telecast begins at 9:45 p.m.
(ET/PT) kicking off from The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

In the opening bout, Jessie Vargas (24-0, 9 KOs) squares off against
Anton Novikov (29-0, 10 KOs) in a 12-round super lightweight title
fight.

The evening's main event features Brandon Rios (31-2-1, 23 KOs) as he
takes on Diego Chaves (23-1, 19 KOs) in a 10-round welterweight matchup.

OFFICIAL WEIGHTS FROM LAS VEGAS:

BRANDON RIOS: 147 lbs.

DIEGO CHAVES: 148 lbs.

JESSIE VARGAS: 139.8 lbs.

ANTON NOVIKOV: 139.4 lbs.

Immediately following Vargas-Novikov, _BOXING AFTER DARK _airs live from
Atlantic City showcasing Sergey Kovalev and Blake Caparello.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #RiosChaves

Bam Bam will win by an easy knockout. And I'm sticking with it. Holla!

flackoguapo says:

I hope it goes 12 rounds just so that TR girl on the far left gets to walk around the ring a couple times showing us what beautiful round we are about to watch.

flackoguapo says:

and what's up with Chaves being 148 and it being all gravy? did I miss something ?

oubobcat says:

Bam Bam will win by an easy knockout. And I'm sticking with it. Holla!

I have Chaves by stoppage in an all action fight and sticking with that pick even through all the issues this week. He is still the much bigger man and I think he handles Rios' best while Rios doesn't handle his best. It sounds like we both think it end end by knockout though. Can't wait for this one in a few hours.

King Beef says:

If its the same Chavez that showed up in a valiant effort against Thurman, I gotta go with him, but I don't know if its just my eyes but Rios looks about 10 pounds heavier!

No tricks with your eyes. Bam Bam was a big lightweight. And he is/was the bigger man. Holla!

Latest Articles

myhowthingshavechanged
ndambeatsstevensinibfmiddleweighteliminator
samsolimannearingendofnyccamp
teamfighttowalkhostingsecondannualgala
wbcibfwbahavesecondsummit
heatherqtheheatqhardyheadlinesupcomingbroadwayboxingcardinsupportofbreastcancerawarenessmonth
usaolympianjoseramirezwillbehonoredatfresnostatevssandiegostategamethisfriday