ROAD TO MARQUEZ/ALVARADO PREMIERES SAT. ON HBO®

BY The Sweet Science ON April 07, 2014

Juan-Manuel-Marquez-Vs-Mike-Alvarado c2c2d

ROAD TO MARQUEZ/ALVARADO PREMIERES SATURDAY, APRIL 19 ON HBO®

April 7, 2014 - HBO Boxing presents “Road to Marquez/Alvarado,” a compelling special examining the upcoming welterweight encounter between legendary champ Juan Manuel Marquez and all-action former junior welterweight title-holder Mike Alvarado. The two are set to meet in one of the year’s most anticipated showdowns Saturday, May 17 at The Forum in Inglewood, CA, televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing ®.

The “Road to Marquez/Alvarado” special will premiere Saturday, April 19 at 12:45 a.m. ET

/PT on HBO. It will preview the fast-approaching contest between these two ring warriors who are meeting for the first time ever in this high stakes battle.

The 15-minute special will also be available on the HBO On Demand® service, HBO GO® and at www.hbo.com/boxing as well as various other new media platforms that distribute the series.

Other HBO playdates: April 19 (12:45 a.m.), 20 (10:45 a.m.), 24 (8:15 a.m. & 2:45 p.m.), 28 (4:45 p.m.), 30 (10:15 a.m.) and May 9 (1:00 p.m.), 12 (8:15 p.m. & 2:50 a.m.), 14 (6:00 p.m. & 5:40 a.m.), 16 (9:00 a.m. & 3:45 p.m.) and 17 (8:15 a.m.).

HBO2 playdates: April 21 (11:30 a.m. & 12:15 a.m.), 27 (9:15 a.m.) and May 10 (1:00 p.m.) 13 (3:15 p.m. & 9:15 p.m.), 15 (7:45 p.m.) and 16 (1:15 a.m.).

All times are ET/PT.

I'm still riding with "Mile High Mike" to dance the night away and put a now-shot, zombie-moving Marquez away.

And I hope that TSS's AWOL reader "Hop" comes back. And ride with me on the winning train's track. Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

This is a shot fest, both fighters are coming off loses and the winner does not deserve to fight the winner of Manny-Timothy Jr. But I guess TR has to recycle it's talent. Interesting enough though this will be a good fight both fighters are there for each other to hit.

Don't forget that we are in "The theatre of the expected."

I'm shocked, dazed and amazed that The Shadow has not put it on his rumor mill. Heavy and loud on da pugilistic grapevine, a few phat Abu Dhabi's princes are paying Da Manny killa' bucks to dance with Amir Khan in November in Dubao.

Khan's contract with Golden Boy Productions and the Swizz-cheese banker will be ending soon. And Money May is not going to fight Da Manny, and will bullsyet Khan again. So there will be nothing between Da Manny kicking Amir [Kingless] Khan's arse but opportunity and air and Big Foot Bradley and Luis "God Does My Fighting For Me" L. Holla!

The Shadow says:

Don't forget that we are in "The theatre of the expected."

Wow! I have heard NOTHING about that! And I usually gets da juice!

Khan is getting the con! I'm going to go digging!

Last I heard, Khan, if successful against Collazo, will be a candidate.

Only one problem... Khan, the Muslim, doesn't fight during Ramadan.

So I guess he has to budge on principles, just like Maidana.

Here's another thing that wouldn't shock me completely. Amir Khan had been training hard for Mayweather and Mayweather alone for six months.

He has a cerebral trainer and Andre Ward in his corner. I'm sUre he was catching a lot of momentum in training, gaining in confidence with every day, every new little intelligent twist to his arsenal of weapons.

Plus, I'm quite sure Son of God and Virgil had him way off that Afghan Kush that makes him show his tiny pecker on Skype.

Amir Khan had built quite the artillery. As everyone says, he has some attributes that can trouble Lil Floyd.

While I doubt he's nervous, I don't think it's unfair to at least speculate that Money Mayweather didn't like the idea of this guy overchieving on his watch in his ring.

So what is the best way to disrupt his momentum? Let him fight a dangerous southpaw. THEN you can go back to trying to break the MayVinci Code.

One thing about Floyd is that he's a master of the Art of War -- in and out of the ring.

You fight when Floyd wants you to fight. You fight on his terms and his alone. While he's not unfair, he wants to be in control at all times.

Andre Ward, who is eerily similar in this regard, is starting to reveal this to the public as well.

Wow! I have heard NOTHING about that! And I usually gets da juice!

Khan is getting the con! I'm going to go digging!

Last I heard, Khan, if successful against Collazo, will be a candidate.

Only one problem... Khan, the Muslim, doesn't fight during Ramadan.

So I guess he has to budge on principles, just like Maidana.

Ramadan of 2014 is June 28 to July 27. Kingless Khan will have plenty of time to train for the "Holy War."

This bout is more likely to happen than Money May-Khan. And this Da Manny-Kingless Khan rumor is like a typhoon, tsunami, Haboob.

And I'm beginning to seriously doubt that Da Manny will dance with Hulkquez in Turkey Month, because da zombie has taken over Marquez's body. And Mile High Mike is going to beat him. Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

I would love to see Manny knock out the big mouth-little chin Khan.