Pacquiao - The perception is that you sacrificed punching power against Rios in favor of speed in order to outbox him. How much did the result of the Marquez fight impact your strategy against Rios? What will be your strategy against Bradley?

BY The Sweet Science ON March 17, 2014

413800 Pac Bradley 2 640x360 29bec"I was very happy with my performance against Brandon Rios. Speed has always been a major weapon for me and I used it throughout the fight against Rios for one simple reason – it was working. The power is still there and I used it effectively against Rios to keep him off balance. Freddie and I came up with the game plan to mix things up against Rios. I would utilize my speed and foot movement in boxing him to keep him off balance then when he would come in out of frustration I would land the power punches.

"The one thing I learned from my fight against Marquez was patience. When I had him teetering I became reckless and went in to finish him. I was careless and he landed the perfect punch. That was learning a lesson the hard way. But I learned it. I still have the killer instinct. I am not afraid to use my power and go for the knockout. But I will remember the lesson I learned from my last fight with Marquez. Knockouts need to come naturally, you should not force them. But Freddie likes knockouts and I like to make Freddie happy.

"I won at least 10 rounds against Tim Bradley the first time we fought. I intend to win all the rounds against him this time regardless of the length of the fight. He said I have lost my hunger and that my time is over. Everything I am doing in training camp is aimed at proving to him just how wrong he is. I have all the respect for Bradley and what he has accomplished but I have no fear of him. He has inspired me to exceed my previous performances inside the ring. If Bradley wants to meet the fighter who stopped Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Erik Morales and Marco Antonio Barrera, he's going to get his wish on April 12."

Face Off with Max Kellerman: Pacquiao/Bradley 2 debuts Sat., March 22 at 11:45 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.

24/7 Pacquiao/Bradley 2 premieres Saturday, March 29 at Midnight ET/PT on HBO. Show 2 debuts Saturday, April 5 at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT and show 3 debuts Thursday, April 10 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT two nights before the high stakes welterweight title bout.

Pacquiao vs. Bradley 2 takes place Sat., April 12 live on pay-per-view beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.

"Watch what you wish for, you may get it." By God All Mighty -- not flighty -- Big Foot Bradley is going to get his wish. And the bytch is going to shatter like a dish.

He didn't win the first fight. Now he's dancing with a Da Manny who going to be outta sight.

The fans and fanfaronades are in for a BIG treat. Da Manny already knows the answer to the head-ramming Bambi's swing and fling and retreat.

Again, Big Foot's giant feet won't be able to stand the heat. After three rounds, those doggs will be already tore up, and the Cali Cranium Crusher will already be beat. All darn night SHORT, missiles and bullets, he will eat.

And then, all at once, he will go DOWN. And, so be it! The tears of a clown. He's full of $*¡t.

OUCH! By the killer instinct of Da Manny, Bradley will be HIT, HIT, HIT and HIT! And then he will fall. Concussed again, he will be, YALL! Holla!

Skibbz says:

One for RG...

In Bradley's head swirls a galaxy of lies, on April 12th desert storm will say his final good byes. He has no chance of winning the bout, after the storm in the desert there will only be a drought. Manny is coming to inflict the pain, he will bring life back and resume his reign, as the true pound for pound king, eager to fight until the final bell ring.

Wow two poets in one forum... Keep this up and I can skip the weekly Spoken Word Slam this week....lol

Carmine Cas says:

This is going to be a great fight

@Skibbz, that was so nice, I had to holla at it twice -- I mean thrice. Bradley's is going to need a lot of ice. Holla!

The Shadow says:

This is the type of bout where I don't know what the outcome will be.

The reason I say this is because I sat there ringside. What many media will do, if not most, is write the story as the fight goes along with the theme of the fight already well established.

Another example is EM writing the story of Amir Khan being Floyd's next opponent before Super Bowl weekend. Or obituaries being written prior to a person dying.

When I sat there and as I was updating to readers here and abroad, the story of the fight was evident: Bradley's guts.

Not unlike a morality play, the fight told the story of a young champion being outgunned in a valiant, courageous effort against superior firepower.

A young fighter considered to be a real threat -- if not predicted by many to score the upset! -- leaving every fiber of his being in the ring but ultimately coming up short.

I was ready to file the story and roll to the club with my recruited roster of "entertainment service consultants," if you smell what The Steele is cookin'!

Needless to say, as soon as the first judge said "115-113, Pacquiao," the story had to be rewritten as the narrative had turned from an inspiring tale of the never-say-die spirit to one of outright corruption unfolding before our eyes.

"What the hell was that judge watching," said a renowned media member two seats from myself. "I think this is exactly what Bob wanted," said another high profile writer, who shall remain nameless.

Even Floyd Mayweather Sr expressed his disgust. "I thought Pacquiao won, man," he told me. "What goes around comes around. They just did to him what they did to Marquez the last time."

Another gentleman woth a credential caused a ruckus at the press conference and had to be escorted out. "Come on, stop with the bullsh*t! You know exactly why this happened, Bob! This is your doing and you know it!"

Instead of my headline reading "Pacquiao outguns brave challenger Bradley," I had to quickly shuffle it to "Pacquiao robbed: another boxing travesty in Sin City."

Of course, in the aftermath, we saw the WBO re-score the fight without overturning it, judges resigning and public backlash on poor Tom Bradley.

For those reasons, alog with numerous intangibles, variables and behind-the-scenes dealings (someone's courting), I have no idea whatsoever what is going to happen and how it will be judged.

But then again, this is why we watch, isn't it?