TMZ Story Alleges Floyd Involved In Attack On Men He Suspected of Theft

BY Michael Woods ON March 12, 2014

floyd-mayweather-tmz-2 f78af

TMZ posted a story on Wednesday morning which features sensational allegations against Floyd Mayweather. The sourcing is quite thin, it must be said...but the meat of it is this: TMZ wrote that Mayweather suspected two men, who'd been hired to work on his home, of stealing jewelry.

They were lured to an off-site location, where the boxer and other persons were present. The two men were attacked in "brutal" fashion, TMZ alleges, and they were hospitalized.

The men have lawyered up, the report said.

I reached out to a Mayweather publicist for comment.

I must caution: it's best in these sort of deals to let the facts sift out, and not rush to judgement. One could surmise that such a situation could be a stiff blow to Floyd's career and life and freedom if true, especially in light of the fact that he did time in 2012 for a domestic assault charge...but let me reiterate, the sourcing on the TMZ story is ultra thin, and we await more details, and clarity.

Follow Woods on Twitter.

Skibbz says:

When you're at the top people always taking shots any which way they can. I think he has too much to lose to undertake such a bad move especially with so many intelligent people on his side. If it is true then justice has to be served on both sides to the thieves and kidnappers.

Carmine Cas says:

Seems like Floyd is using TMZ now to promote his May 3rd fight!

By the time this unfolds in court Mayweather will be retired.

Skibbz says:

If it is legitimate then it will be settled outside of court very hush-hush and just as swift as those guys got lined up.

WOW! TMZ is just putting out some old-tabloid news jive. Of course, those dang thieves got their arses beat down by some of Money May's security posse and ganstas. But Money May is clean of that scene.

TMZ is just trying to catch thunder and lightning to be seen.

A couple of weeks ago, TMZ's simpleton was reporting that Da Manny "eats balut." WTF!, DUH!

In a nice way, he told them to shut da-double-fudge UP, because "it's a Pinoy (Chinese, Koreano, Mongolian, Africano and Espano) thing."

Bittin' off Uncle Roger Mays: "TMZ don't know syet 'bout Da Manny or da whole fu***** WORLD!"

Dey ain't nuffin,' but a bunch of bytch-@$$ hatemongers always trying to stir up syet, because they are small ___ ____ _____ ____ and ______. Holla!

michigan400 says:

Publicity stunt. Ignore this fool people, he's scamming the public again. He's gonna be the most famous boxer in history for all the things he never did. How many more fights until he retires?? I'd pay to have him go away now but he aint getting any of my cash for his BS and scams!

The Shadow says:

Seems like Floyd is using TMZ now to promote his May 3rd fight!

Lol dude you're always quick to the conspiracy theory haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

But if Floyd was indeed just a witness, why is he catching a case?

Still, if even remotely true, if this freakin dude has nine figures of LEGITIMATE CASH, then why the fornicate does he handle such matters like a goon?!

This is the type of sh*t that no matter how rich you get, those real low-key billionaire business men go "stupid nig***. They'll never get it."

Real business people sue. I understand the thieves may not have money but then you file a report.

That said, Floyd's caught frivolous cases before that were dismissed the judge.

I can totally see Big Floyd being involved in some goon/coon/buffoon ish like this but I would be shocked if Jr got caught up too.

Hey maybe it was Big Floyd?

Carmine Cas says:

Lol dude you're always quick to the conspiracy theory haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

But if Floyd was indeed just a witness, why is he catching a case?

That said, Floyd's caught frivolous cases before that were dismissed the judge.

Hey maybe it was Big Floyd?

"Niente è vero, tutto è permesso"

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

But naw I was just making a subtle suggestion but a lot of conspiracy theories are true, I'm sure Deep would agree.

I just think TMZ is trying to make headlines, and both parties might have mutual benefits from it.

I Floyd really this stupid?

It is illegal to keep someone from their freedom of leaving a situation either by threat or physical restriction.

It is something similar to kidnapping, but with an adult it is not called kidnapping, but something else

i can not recall.

Even if Floyd was not there, if he gave the order or planned or set up these workers to meet somewhere

he may be in trouble.. see Charles Manson...

Of course this is all hearsay but I am just throwing it out there.

I truly hope at 37 years old Floyd is a smart man, not a dumb thug.

deepwater2 says:

Cc I agree. These are serious charges if they pan out. Life in the can if guilty. Let's see what happens. Most likely a hired goon might get some charges. Floyd brings in a lot of money to the municipal principles . The da needs iron clad evidence to proceed. A lot of thieves get street justice in Vegas so this might be a lot of smoke and no fire

[QUOTE=Radam G;45587]Hahahaha! YUP! TMZ haters/posers/chumps, report the following side of Money May. Follow the money. [url]http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd-mayweather-check-from-canelo-fight-photo-2013-9

Money May paid more in buying tickets for his family, posse, groupies, friends and hanger ons than most of these muthasuckas perpetrating frauds on him will make in a WHOLE DARN lifetime. Holla![/QUOTE]

Of Course he does RG... Why do you think he demands the big bucks?
His closest friends refer to him as a benevalent dad.
Preserving the bubble of security whether real or imagined provided by being surrounded by lifelong friends.

Floyd wants to go mainstream in the worst way. And stay there after his boxing days are done... I would venture to say that Ten KKK Grand Wizards goading him with every racial epithet known to man while urinating on his brand new Bugatti couldn't get Floyd upset enough to do anything more than send a team of lawyers and paid investigators to document and litigate the offence in a court of law.

Guys like Floyd aren't built for jail. If there's one thing he's learned from his stay in jail is that he never wants to do that again. This allegation is pure rubbish.

Mayweather is not even violent in the ring.... Content to use his "moves" instead of his hands to win by technical superiority instead of administering pain and agony.... Personally I believe this is yet another hoax or blackmail attempt.
A part of me wishes he could be that merciless and ruthless as to carry out a personal vendetta well beyond the boundaries of the law.
It would restore hope that Mayweather could one day bring that type of jaded sadism into the ring.

Carmine Cas says:

Mayweather definitely is not built for jail but I also think he's not smart enough to learn from his mistakes and avoiding going back.

When he preaches his bs it sounds so contrived and scripted, and he has to pause and think to make sure he doesn't say anything incriminating.

Bob Arum is even worse, the man lies through his teeth, but he's smooth and witty he makes it sound better.

If this becomes anything, I think Floyd's money will prevent this from reaching him.

Carmine Cas says: