Miguel Cotto-Delvin Rodriguez Presser OPEN TO PUBLIC

BY The Sweet Science ON July 22, 2013

tr headerORLANDO, FLA. (July 21, 2013) -- Three-division and four-time world champion and the Pride of Puerto Rico MIGUEL COTTO and two-time world title challenger and current Top-Five contender DELVIN RODRIGUEZ will host a news conference, open to the public, announcing their upcoming 12-round super welterweight battle, Tomorrow! Tuesday, July 23 in the Disney Atrium at the Amway Center (400 West Church St., Orlando, Fla. 32801). The news conference will begin at 2:00 p.m. ET.

Joining Cotto and Rodriguez will be The Honorable Buddy Dyer, Mayor of Orlando, Allen Johnson, Executive Director of Amway Center, Héctor Soto, Vice President of Miguel Cotto Promotions, and Todd duBoef, President of Top Rank.

Cotto (37-4, 30 KOs), of Caguas, Puerto Rico, making his Florida debut, and Rodriguez (28-6-3, 16 KOs), of Santiago, Dominican Republic , will headline the Amway Center's first-ever professional boxing event, Saturday, October 5. The Cotto vs. Rodriguez super welterweight event will be promoted by Miguel Cotto Promotions and Top Rank®, in association with Joe DeGuardia's Star Boxing and Tecate.

For fight updates go to www.toprank.com and www.promocionesmiguelcotto.com, Facebook at facebook.com/trboxing and facebook.com/trboxeo, and on Twitter at twitter.com/trboxing, twitter.com/trboxeo, or twitter.com/warcotto.

Carmine Cas says:

Harsh DW damn lol, but I guess you're right. I don't like Cotto's choice of Roach

Mayweather said that the moment you fall off the top rung the fans networks and sponsors will keep kicking you until you stay down. I'll never forget Cotton vs Judah...classic Cotto at his best. I'm looking forward to seeing if Roach can bring back "Savage" Cotto..... the Version of Cotton who went missing after the f I r s t Margarito fight. But I fear that Cotto may be lost forever. Rodriquez will be watching Cotto very closely...searching for every crack ..every fissure...any weakness he can turn to his advantage...I dont expect Delvin to go away quietly.

I'm with deepwater for the most part here. If Cotto can't KO Rodriguez he's done at the top. That being said I think its an unwise choice of opponent. Devin will jab and move, maybe even run to try to get Cotto into the late rounds. Hard to look good against someone like that.

Wow! The Roast, "Cotto can't KO Rodriguez." Delvin has been stopped once when he was ill. He shouldn't ever fought fan-thrilla fighter. Cotto should win easily. But maybe you should forget about the knockout. I don't see him getting it. Holla!

Wow there's a press conference for everything now days.
I'll be arriving in west palm beach for thanksgiving this year I expect a press conference awaiting.

No shame in degrading physically as cotto has.
However he better make some adjustments if he loses his fight he'll be finished.

Hehehehe! A-Seng, you have on your comedy hat nowadays. Holla!