John Molina Wins By Last-Round KO, Over Mickey Bey

BY The Sweet Science ON July 20, 2013

IN STUNNING TURNABOUT, JOHN MOLINA RALLIES
TO KNOCK OUT PREVIOUSLY UNDEFEATED MICKEY BEY, UNBEATEN BADOU JACK OUTPOINTS FARAH ENNIS ON SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION

FROM HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO IN LAS VEGAS

_________________________________________________________________________________

Catch the Replay on Tuesday, July 23,

On SHOWTIME EXTREME at 10 p.m. ET/PT

LAS VEGAS (July 20, 2013) – Power-punching John Molina (26-3, 21 KO’s), of Covina, Calif., stormed back from the brink of absolute defeat to dramatically knock out previously unbeaten Mickey Bey (18-1-1, 9 KO’s), of Las Vegas by way of Cleveland, Ohio, at 2:01 of the 10th and final round of their lightweight fight Friday in the main event on ShoBox: The New Generation live on SHOWTIME® from The Joint At Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.

In the co-feature, Sweden’s Badou Jack (15-0, 10 KO’s), of Las Vegas, remained undefeated by registering a lopsided 10-round unanimous decision over Farah Ennis (21-2, 12 KO’s), of Philadelphia, in a super middleweight scrap. Jack won by the scores of 100-90 and 98-92 twice,

Heading into the last round, Molina was trailing on the three judges’ scorecards by 90-81, 89-82 and 88-83. Bey dominated the first minute-plus of the 10th and appeared poised to close the show. But Molina, as he has done in the past, rallied. With about 1:25 remaining, he connected with a left hook to the chin that stunned Bey. Sensing Bey was in serious trouble, Molina followed with a series of shots with both hands. Moments later, the referee, Vic Drakulich, stepped in and stopped it.

“This was certainly one of the most dramatic ends to a ShoBox fight in the history of the series,’’ said ShoBox expert analyst Steve Farhood afterward. “How many fighters can say that they have come back from a big points deficit to win by knockout even once in their career? Molina has now done it four times.

“I was virtually convinced that Bey was on his way to a stoppage win when he hurt Molina to the body in the 10th. So what happens? Molina comes back to win. That’s why we love boxing and why we love punchers.’’

Molina knew the score entering the final session. “I knew I was fighting an uphill battle and that I was definitely behind on the scorecards, but I always felt I was in the fight,’’ he said. “This is how we do it. This is why we do boxing. I seized the moment and got the job done. When my back was up against the wall, I came back stronger.

“Bey was a strong-armed guy who was difficult to get inside against. But I knew I’d hurt him early with a body shot because he let out a moan. I wanted him to get a little confidence as the fight went on so he would stand more. I think he wanted to try and discourage me at times but it didn’t work. When I connected in the 10th, I saw his eyes roll back. The beauty of boxing is possessing knockout power in both hands.’’

The event was presented by Mayweather Promotions. Boxing superstar and pound-for-pound kingpin, Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr., promotes both Bey and Jack. He also promoted four other boxers on Friday’s card. Mayweather, who was seated at ringside in time for the evening’s first bout at 5:30 p.m., got into the ring and congratulated Molina afterward.

“That meant a hell of a lot to me,’’ Molina said. “It says a lot about Floyd.’’

Molina doesn’t know what’s next for him in boxing. His immediate plans were to “go home and see my eight-month old daughter. I kept thinking about her and my family in there. This win was for them.’’

Bey, a four-time national amateur champion and a member of the 2004 U.S. Olympic team who was unable to complete in the Olympic Qualifiers or Olympic Games after he became ill with pneumonia, outboxed and outworked Molina for nine and a half rounds.

Afterward he praised Molina for his effort, but had major problems with the referee.

“I don’t want to take any credit away from Molina but I felt I was fighting two or three people in there,’’ Bey said. “The ref was warning me for one thing or another the whole fight. He nit-picked me for everything, pretty much took 80 percent of my arsenal away. It became a distraction, and then it took me out of my game plan. He definitely affected my performance.’’

According to ShoStats provided by CompuBox, Bey threw more punches (531-432) and landed more punches (253-145).

“This is a major disappointment,’’ Bey said. “I felt I did what I had to do. I knew I was way ahead on points. I wasn’t trying to finish him in the last round, I was just fighting my fight. I landed a lot of hard shots, too. We’ll have to see where we go from here.’’

Jack, a 2008 Olympian for Gambia, was in control throughout against Ennis, who seemed reluctant to let his fists go.

“Badou showed a new dimension in winning by boxing against a difficult fighter who gave him very little to work with,’’ Farhood said.

It was the first time Jack went 10 rounds. “Conditioning-wise, I felt great,’’ said Jack, who did three pushups in front of his corner after the ninth round. “I knew I had to fight smart. I wanted to fight more, but it takes two to tango.’’

Friday’s doubleheader will re-air this week as follows:

DAY                                                               CHANNEL

Tuesday, July 23, at 10 p.m. ET/PT               SHOWTIME EXTREME

Friday’s fights will be available ON DEMAND beginning today, Saturday, July 20.

Mauro Ranallo called the ShoBox action from ringside with Farhood and former World Champion Raul Marquez serving as expert analysts. The executive producer is Gordon Hall with Richard Gaughan producing and Rick Phillips directing.

Just goes to show. "Dat syet," as Pops Joy Mays calls roids and PEDs doesn't halt an arse thrashing. Mickey Bey was suspended for three months and fine $1,500 by the corrupted Nevada boxing commission five months ago. He came up with the largest amount -- 30:1 testosterone to epitestosterone radio -- of syet in any boxer's system in the history of Sin City's weak-arse testing.

Molina's fists were "Dat-syet(busters)!" Holla!

Awesome fight. It's not often you see fight 3 minutes of every rounds listening to their corner trying to make adjustments. Molina kept boring in like a juggernaught as he was caught flush repeatedly by shots to the head and body. I'm sure Team Bey thought they could end the fight with a dramatic stoppage or at least in dominating fashion to send a message to the rest of the division. Beys' train ride to the next level was derailed by a desperate left hook as he was putting the final stokes on some excellent bodywork. Too bad technical troubles marred the Mayweather interview.. Floyd did congratulate Molina after the fight and showed unwavering support for his fallen fighter. Bey Should have taken a knee to victory...in the spirit of Tim Bradley. At least half of the card was an excellent one...(Pops Mayweather is probably kicking himself for not telling Bey to bicycle during the last round....but who can blame him for feeling confident )

30:1 test ratio wow, im surprised he didnt walk to the ring with a hard on.

btw radam, you have mentioned that floyds test ratio went from 4:1 to 6:1 and neveda changed their ratios to be legal at 6:1.

my question is what do you think floyd is or was on? what type of ****.

i know Montoya was on his trail and got black balled by neveda and gbp.

Hehehehe! Wow! A-Seng, you have been getting on your witty comedy as of late. Hahaha! WTF! That is an original. Iron Mike Tyson is going to use that in his one-man comedy shot. Hahahaha! Holla!

Well, the general boxing public knows Money May is on XYLOCAINE. The one that makes his belly muscles swell like they are is probably the roids 4-HMP with a heavy mix of the legal supplement L-arginine.

BTW, world track-and-field superstars, who the "Falling" Angel Heredia work with, were recently caught with the syet that is in Hulkquez apparently in them. Holla!

I'm just getting to this fight now onthe DVR. Bey is landing more but Molina is landing the much harded shots. Good to see Joe Gossen in the corner for Molina. Gossen is so solid, one of the best theres ever been.

Carmine Cas says:

What a hypocrisy like our American democracy

Wow! No way can I see America, The Beautiful as having hypocrisy. From the beginning of time, he with the gold makes the golden rules. Power rocks. Bullsyet barely socks. In da whole world, those with da gold, silver, diamond and oil can Bling-BLING! Those who can just talk cannot do da walk or use da ding-a-ling. Hehehehe! Reality and actuality are a couple of sneaky bytches. And stay away from the snitches. Hahaha! Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

Yup, money talks,who ever has the most of it has their dirt swept under the carpet. It's ironic TMT is getting busted for PED's, Floyd better tighten things up there b/c corruption can only last so long before the masses get a whiff and blow the roof off

Shoulder Roll Defense says:

Bey's defeat was due to poor advice by Mayweather Sr. Why try to stop a guy with only a puncher's chance in the last round when you have out boxed him all night?

The masses have no power. And up onto the shining hill, they will never get to the controlling tower. They can never unite. Against each other they pettyly bytch and fight. Da muthasuckas will never find or see the light. Just pay off their top-notch syet-talking selling-out pied piper, and he will control them like rats. And leave them off the cliff everytime. They are as blind as bats.

C'mon, SRD! No way can I buy that one. Mickey Bey's problem was feeling entitled, and not thinking while his boat was sinking. LESSON 101: Whenever you are buzzed or discombobulated -- superbytch clinch if you can, but if you cannot, take a KNEE. Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

Around the world Radam the masses are slowly starting to awaken, Americans are just a little slower lol. The masses have significant power they just fail to utilize it properly they def do fight amongst each other though; which is what's going on right now. However bats are not as blind as the saying implies

"Around the world," masses are doing what they have always done. The news is just slow, and is in competition nowadays with social media. So the Yank masses are being fooled by the U.S. government again to watch other counties, and believe that all is all right in mainland USA. Stay-wuzzy tricks dominate U.S. America scene, because the U.S. government knows how to serve a masterful ponzi scheme. Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

I disagree, the sheep are opening their eyes. People are protesting forcing corporations and politicians to change

No money, no honey! Sheep are like rats. They move and grove right off that cliff to that pied piper's tune. I'm reminded of that "Occupy Wall Street" and every d@mn thing else. The occupiers' leaders have been phatly pay off. And that occupying syet has stopped. Maybe there are still three holdouts. They are bunking with the 1960-and-70s end-wars holdouts. Hehehe!

Just pay off the leaders of revolutions and give 'em TV talk shows, and they will sellout like muthamuck-a-mucks. The only changes for the masses are those that the rich supports and give them. Rich power runs the tower. Talking without the backing of money is plank walking. Holla!

Hehehe! The corporations are moving and have moved outta the USA to my neck of the woods -- Asia. Now the masses have lost their jobs and homes. Didn't Detriot go bankrupt? Da masses have to know when to STFU. Do let the green grass fool ya! The politicians are investing in Asia. And are taking pay off to keep the jobs a coming to Asia. Hehehe! Holla!

That was one hell of a finish to that fight. Thats one of the reasons boxing is the best sport. There are no 8 run homers in baseball, no 21 point touchdown in football and no 25 point shot in basketball. It really is never is over till it's over!

They are lead around like sheep by the hate and race machine.
Divide divide divide and the people won't see the governments evil.
I've accepted 75% of this country are idiots. Why else are they so easily manipulated.

Carmine Cas says:

The younger generation (mine lol) are becoming enlightened, the older generations are being lead around like sheep. Time will tell what the younger generations do with this knowledge as they grow to become powerful, corporations have been investing in Asia for the past two decades. However asian countries are not excluded from government manipulation and propoganda. I agree with you on the latter amayseng, the majority of people are stupid, and both political parties are part of one big corporate machine.

Wow! Asia is tribal/clanish/regional to the death. There is no "government manipulation and propaganda" ever. Nobody listen to that jive, but my Yanky bros and sistas like you. And AmerKanos are known for repeating the same jive over and over for generations. Change comes from the East [Asia], not inward from the U.S. mainland. Gandhi philosophy brought to the USA by Dr [Rev.] Martin Luther King Jr brought about fronted [imagined-like-a-muthapucka] civil rights to Americans. You will be super shock to learn how many U.S. Prezes have been influenced Pinoy icon Jose Rizal. Just as MLK Jr bite off Gandhi, U.S. presidents bit off and bite off Jose Rizal. Just so you will know, U.S. politrickans [sic] have always been some thieving bytches, because Yanks don't travel the world, thus they are brainwashed by the corrupted U.S. politrickans who will tell you any syet. And you will believe it to the max.

Quit thinking that the world is like the USA because it ain't. Despots get overthrown in a quick click in Asia. Optical illusions have been played on you. The tribes and regions and kingdoms, princedoms, sultandoms and clans/dynasties are fully AUTONOMOUS. You can say that it is like the individual states of the United States. The central U.S. government leave states TFA until something like Zimmerman case.

Slavery ended because of the changes in the U.S. economy, not because of caring for justice and fairplay and human rights. The country became an industry society with the need for factory workers, so cotton picking and farm working played out. Faded to black. And that is a fact, JACK!

And now the above has played out for the need of STEM -- Science, Technology, Engineer and Math. And now Asian minds are running the USA economy, because the U.S. school system somehow got behind in STEM. Every single electronic product that you are using was made in straight out of Asia. I ain't hating. I'm just calling a spade a spade. Whatever "the younger generation (mine lol) is." Yall will not be running syet. Just daydreaming and talking syet and getting played. The business magicians and the politrickans got you YGers in a tailspin, or a tornado or sumptin [sic]. Maybe you will land in Oz. But hollering at the wizard won't do you any good, because he is a humbug behind that curtain. Hehehe! Holla!

The U.S. powers that be and the super-rich that be are your collected metaphoric snake in the tree. Holla!

I doth perceive the brewings and machinations of another political debate...
Since my employer was purchased by another company.... they get twice the production out of us in half the time....3-5 cases per day has become 15 per day. I have bring an extra shirt to work so my sweat saturated clothing doesn't get the documents wet. In other words ...no commenting on the TSS during working hours if we value our weekly checks...(no boxing fans in manage men t.. so keep the thread going please till I can enter my humble comments later....Hey Ali... where ya been man? Welcome back.