Mayweather-Canelo Promo Tour Hits Mexico; 30G Plus Attend

BY The Sweet Science ON June 30, 2013

Canelo y CanelitosMEXICO CITY (June 30, 2013) – “THE ONE: Mayweather vs. Canelo” press tour continued on a beautiful summer Sunday in Mexico’s capital city where local police estimated that 32,000 excitable fans turned out at Monumento de los Niños Heroes to greet pound-for-pound boxing king Floyd Mayweather and national hero Canelo Alvarez.

Pictured above is Canelo and a bunch of "Canelitos" who attended the festivities.

Mexican television network Televisa covered the proceedings, which, like the previous six stops on this unprecedented press tour, was part press conference and part fan rally. A complete replay of Televisa’s presentation is available for viewing at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/35179179

Quotes from Mayweather and Canelo on Sunday in Mexico City:

Floyd “Money” Mayweather, Eight-Time and Five Division World Champion: “It’s great to be in Mexico. The turnout here and all throughout this tour has been amazing. Canelo has a lot of fans here in Mexico. We expected that, but I don’t fight for one country. I fight for the whole world.

“I have faced a lot of great champions in my career and I can honestly say that my toughest opponents have been Mexican.

“One thing I know is that Mexicans know boxing.

“I got into this sport to be the best and I’m pretty sure Canelo got into the sport to be the best, but the difference is that I was born to win and I will die to win. I don’t know how this fight is going to play out. That’s what makes this match-up so interesting. We’ll all find out on September 14.

“I’m the pound-for-pound best. I’m ‘The One,’ and on September 14, you’ll see.

“I commend Canelo. He’s a young, strong champion. I congratulate his team, but when you face Floyd Mayweather you face the best.

“Right now I just can’t be beat. Maybe in 20 years he’ll be the king, but not right now. September 14 is just another day for me.”

Canelo Alvarez, Super Welterweight World Champion

“I want to thank everyone for coming out here…all of you. I’ve always said that we had to come to Mexico (on this tour). There’s no other place like Mexico. I’m so happy.

“There are a lot of people who don’t think I’m going to win, but on September 14, you’ll see that I will win.

“I’ve always wanted to be the best in the sport and I’m on my way. I couldn’t let this opportunity go by and I will take advantage of it on September 14.

“I'm always training. I never stop. To win we have to prepare well and not ignore the little things.

“I feel the size of this event. I feel the emotion, but I am calm and on September 14, I’ll be okay.

“I began fighting when I was 15 years old and at that time I wasn't ready to fight him. Now I’m ready. I always go in with a winning mentality. I’ll prepare to win.”

“THE ONE: MAYWEATHER VS. CANELO,” a 12-round fight for Canelo’s WBC, WBA and Ring Magazine Super Welterweight World Championships and Mayweather’s WBA Super Welterweight Super World Championship taking place Saturday, Sept. 14 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, is promoted by Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and Canelo Promotions and sponsored by Corona, O’Reilly Auto Parts and Valvoline. The mega-event will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT. The event can be heard in Spanish using secondary audio programming (SAP).

Wow! I am glad that Canelo brought out all those red-headed kids. I remember back in the day, the late reader Isaiah would heatfully debate with me that it was unheard of to have red-headed Mexicans. Of course, I told him that I knew tons, even my own Pinoy Mexican, Texican, Cali-Mexican relatives. Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

Hahahaha great picture lol

Don't drink the water!!!!!!

Hehehehe! That was COLD, amayseng. FUNNY as HECK! But straight COLD. Hahaha! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Won't the real Canelo Alvarez please stand up....wtf.

Raiders says:

The money this fight draws is going to kill Floyd haters, they hoping for 1.5 million sales.

brownbomber says:

This fight easily out sells Rios vs Pacquil. Top Rank and Bobby are losing the war.

Maybe on the U.S. mainland and, of Mexico. Holla!

brownbomber says:

Maybe on the U.S. mainland and, of Mexico. Holla!

I would stay far away from Mexico my taka taka dam dam

It did? When?

Ya that's right neither has happened yet.

Chill on the hate man it's getting old.

A true fan wants both ppv's to prosper.

Or..... A true fan wants both ppvs to bomb to drop the purchasing price.

Floyd ghost did poorly that's why they have dropped the price from 70$ to 65$.

Only five bucks but the point of it is telling.

It did? When?

Ya that's right neither has happened yet.

Chill on the hate man it's getting old.

A true fan wants both ppv's to prosper.

Or..... A true fan wants both ppvs to bomb to drop the purchasing price.

Floyd ghost did poorly that's why they have dropped the price from 70$ to 65$.

Only five bucks but the point of it is telling.

No hate g money, just speaking truth about certain things. A true fan also admires floyd and his dominance and the fact that he is his own boss. I would like to see Pacquiao be his own "boss" and leave Top Rank. It's called, "Ethnic Enterprise" and I support it.

I'm a huge Floyd fan in the ring and he's obviously doing well out if it money wise. God bless him.

I'm such a fan I'm hard on him and expect more out if him like the ghost fight. He's capable of so much more. I want to see more. And I expect it out of the best fighter in the planet.

Ill remain hard of him on his domestic cases tho, that's how I'm built.

As for PAC he's doing well money wise also. And I'm also a huge PAC fan in the ring as well.
See people are able to like both fighters. It's possible.

Some people feel blessed they have enough money and don't mind giving a cut to others to handle business to allow themselves less stress and more time for other things.
I envy no man for being rich or wealthy. I respect them.
I'm a man, I'm a parent, I don't idolize other men, I respect them.
After all, money won't buy your way to heaven after this life.

brownbomber says:

Ill remain hard of him on his domestic cases tho, that's how I'm built.

See people are able to like both fighters. It's possible.

I envy no man for being rich or wealthy. I respect them.
I'm a man, I'm a parent, I don't idolize other men, I respect them.
After all, money won't buy your way to heaven after this life.

You are right. Money can't buy your way to Heaven.

Da Manny is his own BOSS! Something is in your grill. You to get some floss. In not believing that Da Manny is not his boss, you have beliefs in the myths of Jack and Jill. Jack didn't get any because she forgot her pill up there on the hill. Hehehe! Happy 4th of July. Tell the government to give back your Indenpentence. Snow is hanging out at the Russian's lion's den. Holla!

brownbomber says:

Da Manny is his own BOSS! Something is in your grill. You need to get some floss. In not believing that Da Manny is not his boss, you have beliefs in the myths of Jack and Jill. Jack didn't get any because Jill forgot her pill up there on the hill. Hehehe! Happy 4th of July. Tell the government to give back your Indenpentence. Snow is hanging out at the Russian's lion's den. Holla!

Skype name?

brownbomber says:

My man snowden has balls I will tell you that. Big props to him. Were you cool with Z Gorres?

Of course, I'm cool with Z. He is going to be fine. Holla!

brownbomber says:

Of course, I'm cool with Z. He is going to be fine. Holla!

This may sound crazy but I do strength and conditioning for a guy that is fighting this Friday against erick de Leon, Robert Garcia fighter, and former manny steward fighter. Any advice? It's a 6 rounder at 133......

brownbomber says:

Of course, I'm cool with Z. He is going to be fine. Holla!

In all honesty radam I apologize. You know your syey. I'm at the gym everyday and you know the technical aspect of the sport to a science.

After weight in, the night before the bout, he needs to eat pasta boiled in cocoa water and afters pour dark-chocolate powder in it with a pinse of maca. The fighter will have speed and super bang. The know nothings dat be think that he is on dat syet. Hehehe! It is just for eye candy. But what I just gave up is for quick recovery and dash whup @$$! Holla!

brownbomber says:

After weight in, the night before the bout, he needs to eat pasta boiled in cocoa water and afters pour dark-chocolate powder in it with a pinse of maca. The fighter will have speed and super bang. The know nothings dat be will think that he is on dat syet. Hehehe! It is just for eye candy. But what I just gave up is for quick recovery and dash whup @$$! Holla!

Ok thx homes, I have maca here. If we go to a buffet where they have boiled pasta can I mix coconut oil in it?? Also what type of chocolate powder? Would you recommend an ice bath the night before the fight?

Just do your own research. Coconut is a galaxy food and water/juice. But the government want to keep you weak, quick aging and dumb as syet. Coconut is found in outter space and in every place. So is maca. These items are called gods' and men's healing and healthy building up superfoods. Add some orange and red beets with that stuff, and you are one-brickhouse-arse performing machine.

Track stars, super boxers in the know, swimmers, gymnastic stars, basketballers and special forces in the military know what time it is, and the right combination of correct diets for speed, agility and stealth whup arse without the eye candy bodies of bulk muscling. And since a lot of boxers back in day went to the music and dancing biz, they introduced these foods for speed, agility and endurance to the art of dancing all-night long.

The above is all I'm giving out. I'm out. See ya! I wouldn't wanna be ya! Holla!

Thanks!

Cocao power is what you want to use. Mixed pure 100-percent cocoa water in the pasta, not cocoa oil. Cocoa water will turn the pasta into anabolic food -- the type that will snap increase muscles' endurance, speed and banging/swinging/shooting power. Cocoa oil mixed in pasta triggers a catabolic effect -- the metabolic tearing down. You can say it is releasing engergy for weight loss.

Let me put it this way, cocoa water in pasta triggers engergy release for dashing and smashing arse. Cocoa oil in pasta triggers engergy release for losing excess body fat and quick weight. Holla!

Never ice down before the fight. It over cools. And you will have a harder time warming up for us the bout.Thus, wearing energy away unnecessary that you may need somewhere, some time in the fight. Holla!

Interesting topic ....
I consume 87% Cacao after a workout to increase my metabolic rate while I'm resting.
I've lost 28 pounds over the last 2 years in a healthy way and the weight never comes back. Cacao is another amazing super food.....If only I could get a hold to some soursop fruit.

Wow! Holla at a Whole Food Store or an Asian one. You will be fixed up A-S-A-P! Holla!

brownbomber says:

Wow thank you very much I will let you know!

BTW, the U.S, superfood stores might be carrying soursop under its other name -- GUYABANO. Holla!

Thanks RG ...you're a walking treasure trove of knowledge.

Thank you sir, will do!

brownbomber says:

I will check that out, thx