Floyd-Canelo Tix On Sale Tuesday (1 PM ET)

BY The Sweet Science ON June 21, 2013

Floyd-Canelo-6-22-2013

HOTTEST TICKETS IN RECENT BOXING HISTORY GO ON SALE

TUESDAY, JUNE 25 AT 1:00 P.M ET/10:00 A.M. PT

FLOYD MAYWEATHER VS. CANELO ALVAREZ

SUPER WELTERWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MEGA-BOUT

SET FOR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 AT

THE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA IN LAS VEGAS

LAS VEGAS, June 18 - It all started with a Tweet on May 29...

"I chose my opponent for September 14," wrote Floyd "Money" Mayweather, "and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand."

With that, the biggest fight of 2013 became a reality, as Mayweather, boxing's reigning pound for pound king, will put his perfect 44-0 record on the line against Mexican superstar and undefeated Canelo in a Super Welterweight World Championship Unification bout. Tickets for the highly anticipated mega-fight go on sale Tuesday, June 25 at 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 p.m. PT.

Tickets will be priced at $2,000, $1,500, $1,000, $600 and $350, not including applicable service charges, with a total ticket limit of 12 per person, a limit of 10 per person at the $2,000, $1,500, $1,000, $600 and $350 price levels and a limit of two per person at the $350 price level. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets will also be available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

Mayweather vs. Canelo, a 12-round fight for Canelo's WBC, WBA and Ring Magazine Super Welterweight World Championships and Mayweather's WBA Super Welterweight Super World Championship taking place Saturday, Sept. 14 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, is promoted by Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and Canelo Promotions and sponsored by Corona, O'Reilly Auto Parts and Valvoline. The mega-event will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT. The event can be heard in Spanish using secondary audio programming (SAP).

THE PREFIGHT TALE OF THE TAPE

Shane Mosley: Mayweather W12/Canelo W12

Carlos Baldomir: Mayweather W12/Canelo KO6

AGE

Mayweather: 36

Canelo: 22

TWITTER FOLLOWERS

Mayweather: 4,098,947 (as of Tuesday, June 18) UPDATE?

Canelo: 228,410 (as of Tuesday, June 18) UPDATE?

ATTENDANCE FOR LAST FIGHT

Mayweather: 15,880

Canelo: 39,472

GOAL ON SEPTEMBER 14

Mayweather: Win

Canelo: Win

SouthPaul says:

And there you have it, Mr Boxing Fan! Take a close look at those ticket prices . The minium price ... which is nose bleed...$350.00. The minium wagers of the boxing world would have to work an entire week to see Floyd and Canelo do their 36 minutes of labor. Next time you see Floyd throwing money around like it means nothing, just know, you contributed. Lmfao. Mildly disgusting.

Money May knows how to get paid for minor labor work. He will be painting the red-headed hype whole nine. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Radam

Close your eyes (well, after you read this close 'em) now take yourself back to your days of an up and boxing comer. Back to the days of making a few grand per fight, maybe less. How aggravating would it be back then to know you'd be fighting on such a wealthy fight card like this ....so much money being passed around .... Big money for certan folks involved ..... All the while Radam is giving up his blood, sweat, and tears to entertain those hardcore fans who showed up when the doors opened. What is my rant here? Hopefully no one on this card is making less 5 figures, including non televised. If so, social injustice!

The Sweet Science .... Sort of sour for some. Truly feast or famon.

SP, Five figures for every fighter on this card ain't happening. I alreadly know three prelim punching bags with eyeballs who are excited about bagging $5,000.

I was a well-connected college-educated fighter who would suit at the ring of a bell. Now with the hookups that I had, I never fought for less than five figures. I also didn't start off fighting stiffs and cadavers in four-round fights. Nobody who was a standout amateur should be allowed to fight four-round fights. And allow only two six rounders, three or four eight rounders, then never less than 10 rounders. My fourth fight was for 12 rounds, but I kayoed the chump in four. Holla!

I was a well-connected college-educated fighter who would sue at the ring of a bell. Now with the hookups that I had, I never fought for less than five figures. I also didn't start off fighting stiffs and cadavers in four-round fights. Nobody who was a standout amateur should be allowed to fight four-round fights. And allow only two six rounders, three or four eight rounders, then never less than 10 rounders. My fourth fight was for 12 rounds, but I kayoed the chump in four. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

I know it ain't happening, brother, and it disgust me. Such a wealthy card...never to be shared properly. Puke.

I have a dream... That one day all financier fans ban together and go no show on one of these mega events.

The roaring cheers replaced with echoing sounds of crickets.

Radam when did you retire and why?

SP I'm with ya it is financial injustice.

My dad used to say ( and he was a stellar athlete himself and huge fan) the best sthlete per sport

Should not make more than 1 million a year.

That would force them to be better.

I'm in eternal recess. I never formally retired. Without given out my ID, I'm known for winning LARGE LAWSUITS from some thieving promoters and a couple of the alphabet-sanctioning outfits and a couple corrupted state commissions. Holla!

Latest Articles