VENICE, CA (June 17, 2013) One week after challenging for the WBO Cruiserweight World Title, top rated contender Ola Afolabihas returned home to Southern California and is preparing to map out his future for another world title opportunity.
Afolabi lost a hotly contested majority decision to Marco Huckon JUNE 8 in Berlin, Germany, the third time they have fought. Scores were 114-114, 115-113 (Huck) and an inexplicable 117-111 (Huck).
“I congratulate Marco, he fought a very good fight. This is the third time we’ve fought so I’m ready to move on to other challenges,” said Afolabi. Their previous clash fought on MAY 5, 2012; a true “Fight of the Year” candidate was scored a draw.
“I’ll be back in the gym shortly fully focused on fighting my way back into world title contention.”
Ola has spent the last week in London visiting friends and making media rounds including appearances on Box Nation and Sky Sports TV.
“Ola and Marco have very different styles, but are very similar in talent so that every time they fight it is always an exciting and close battle,” said Tom Loeffler, Managing Director of K2 Promotions.
“Ola and I have spoken and we’re going to work hard towards getting him back for another title shot in the near future. He was in excellent shape for this bout and we believe he will still accomplish his goal of being a world champion.”
Would you pay to see Manny Pacquiao vs Saul Alvarez?