Mayweather and Guerrero Make Weight

BY Michael Woods ON May 03, 2013

Mayweather Guerrero weigh-inFloyd Mayweather and Robert Guerrero both made weight on Friday, ahead of their Saturday clash at the MGM in Las Vegas, and on Showtime PPV.

The 36-year-old Mayweather was 146 pounds, while the 30-year-old Guerrero was 147 pounds.

Floyd made 154, hitting 151, for his last fight against Miguel Cotto, but as fight fans know, he never blows up in between fights. And even though he admits to a fondness for junk food, there was no scale fail on Friday.

Mayweather entered the building and gestured at a camera to get out of his face, as he moved through the arena.

The two principals, who will vie for Mayweather's welterweight title, posed for photogs during a staredown. Would Floyd try to exert his will on Ghost early, by grabbing his neck, as he did Ortiz? No, it turns out; they stared at each other, and Floyd didn't chatter at all, but chewed gum furiously.

Jim Gray spoke to Floyd after. He said the audience, the fans were great. "We're ready to fight," he said. Floyd said he would be victorious tomorrow. "I always control the tempo, my thing out there is go out and be me," he said.

Gray spoke to Ghost. Was he intimidated? "I'm thinking about getting down, it's time to rock and roll. Nobody intimidated me," he said. "We gotta beat him down, we're gonna take full advantage of him."

Follow Woods on Twitter.

YUP! The Cali Ghost is indeed intimidated. Every fighter knows that oftentimes when one is uncontrollable intimidated, he starts fronting how ready that he is to get the fight on. Whenever you see out-of-his-base behaviors, you know that a storm is coming down on him and he will not survive it.

Guerrero is being too grinny and jivy and bytch reaching for support from the fans and religious grandstanding phonies. There is no need for him to play act and grandstand to the grandstanders. Dude is straight up in a coldsweat. His getting his arse torch, I'm going to bet.

His Cali Ghost Dad Ruben may not have forsaken him, but he should not have awaken him. For the son is going to get a Roman-ticized, hanged-out-on-the-cross arse thrashing Money May style. Holla!

There is a slight imperceptible shift of psychic momentum as the fight draws closer, so I agree with some of what RG just said.

As the inevitability of the confronation grows closer Guerrero almost seems to give the impression that he's just glad to be here.

But this is 5 time world champion. and I'm confident Guerrero will hunker down and take inventory of all the circumstances,.. hopes, dreams.. victories and determination that got him here and eventually cross that mental threshold that all boxers cross within their heart of hearts before fight-day and say to himself... " I can do this,... no fear, no regrets, and no turning back... I'm ready for WAR!!!"

This fight is going to be something special. I know it in my Knower.

Everyone reacts differently.

When I played sports whether it was baseball basketball or football I was always relaxed and chilled until

About 4 hours before my games then I would get this crazy

adrenaline nervous energy.

I couldn't even eat I was so fired up.

It would take me literally 45 mins to come down to normal levels during my games.

But I always performed the same no matter my temperament, nerves or adrenaline.

Everyone is different.

Personalities are different.

The Ghost doesn't has a history of mental inconsistency... And his physicality is underrated. I think he'll perform better than expected..unless by some miraculous transformation Floyd reverts back to the SuperFloyd who dismantled Corrales. Which should not be possible at his age.

SouthPaul says:

Just saw weigh in pics. Floyd looks spectacular (gi Joe type physic ) , Guerrero ordinary.

Guerrero doesn't a have history of getting arrested for packing pistols at airports yet for some reason he did during this promotion. In fact, I won't get anal and list everything he's done differently here but I've kept my eyes open...he's indeed acting out of his normal behavior. Now, I will watch with a watchable eye to see if he brings any of that into ring. Either way , he's in over his head, and it'll sort of be funny to see him put a spin on the loss. I am positive it too will be part of gods plan. You gotta' love the spin these religious cats spun out from one minute to the next... Lmfao.

SouthPaul says:

Amasyeng

Good athlete insight!

Guerrero doesn't a have history of getting arrested for packing pistols at airports yet for some reason he did during this promotion. In fact, I won't get anal and list everything he's done differently here but I've kept my eyes open...he's indeed acting out of his normal behavior. Now, I will watch with a watchable eye to see if he brings any of that into ring. Either way , he's in over his head, and it'll sort of be funny to see him put a spin on the loss. I am positive it too will be part of gods plan. You gotta' love the spin these religious cats spun out from one sentence to the next... Lmfao.[/
QUOTE]

I think RG is the first guy in a long time to have a chance at beating Mayweather... you could be right SP... But I think this will be an edge of the seat kind of fight.

Easy fight for Money May. The Cali Ghost and his Ghost Dad are already fading to black. They cannot handle this big stage and are ready to turn the page. Back to fighting second tier fighters. The Cali Ghost is talking a good game, but by fight time, he will hate that this time ever came. Holla!

I think Floyd's best attribute is his mind and boxing iq.

Look at Hopkins ability to adjust with not only different fighters styles but

with his own style changing due to age.

The ghost however has a very high ring iq and

May fight each round sooooo cautiously and perfectly thought out

it may be a very very slow and controlled chess match.

Almost boring.

I think the ghost should fight slow, controlled and a bit boring.

Don't allow floyd to make u miss and counter.

Only shoot combos for activity and get away.

His physical tools are below Floyd's.

But his mind may be able to keep it close and steal rounds.

DlH kept it close and won rounds without landing clean shots at all

The Cali Ghost will be looking for God's Help and Messages From Him, instead of self help. While TCG is waitng for those Godly Messages, Money May is going to be beating devil out of him.

I'm have seen TCG's type umpteen times. His prefight con is boss, but in the real fight all that imaginary jive and tough-man rhetoric, he will quickly toss. He knows this bout for him is a loss. Holla!