Mayweather Calls Ghost A Hypocrite, Gives Self "D" For Cotto Effort

BY Michael Woods ON April 25, 2013

003 Floyd Mayweather 0808"This is a religious guy, but he had Marilyn Monroe on his wall in his house, he be contradicting himself," says Floyd Mayweather to open the third episode of Showtime's All-Access docu-mercial, ahead of his May 4th clash with the man he's branding a hypocrite, Robert Guerrero.

Money says he has seen a few clips of Ghost and dismisses him as a "flat footed fighter." We then hear the "Ghostbusters" theme, resulting in a nice little royalty check for Ray Parker Jr.

"Who you gonna call," Floyd says as he walks around his gym, and we hear Common doing the voiceover work. (Sorry, my friends, will be a Liev Scriber devotee till the end of days).

We see the man who mops the Mayweather gym and Floyd says he surrounds himself with the "right team." We see Rafael Garcia, cutman, and cousin DeJaun Blake and Nate Jones, ex pro who wears a body-pad and lets Floyd whack away at him. He says he's peed and pooped blood from taking Floyd body shots but the big paychecks help.

We see Ghost's dad Ruben, who told me he used to do streetfights for fun, and that his signature move, a kick to the groin, ended many a fight. But he quit that, he said, as his kids were getting older. He said if given the proper training and such, he would have been a superb pro fighter. Ruben says to a crowd that "we're going to do it for all Hispanics."

Robert then gets a haircut. He says about the media grind that it's part of the job. He says he will get another cut before the rematch with Floyd, after he beats him.

Ghost at media day says he's calm even though he was getting hammered for having a gun at the NY airport, and we see a pastor blessing him. "This fight you will flat out win," says the pastor-pundit.

"God is Great" the boxer's t-shirt reads.

Floyd says fighting Floyd gives foes a name, which is good. He says fighting him got the Dancing With the Stars gig for Victor Ortiz.

Money says you have to hustle haaard to sell a PPV event. Floyd says his dad will be lead trainer, and Roger will be there too. Floyd says the media twists words, and tries to stir up problems between Sr and Roger. "I don't want my dad and my uncle Roger to have any problems," he says. (He says dad is "one of the greatest trainers in the world," whereas in the past he has said Roger is THE BEST, so there's that, for the record.)

We then see Floyd's fiancee getting prettied up. Miss Jackson says they have a "mutual understanding" but not an "open relationship." She says she doesn't care about the strip clubbing and the girls that are around him. During this camp, they haven't seen a lot of each other, and they are trying to make it work.

Miss Jackson says they are just regular people in a relationship, even if there is fame and money everywhere. They ride bikes, and Floyd says that's peaceful at night. Good wholesome fun, nice to see. She says they are like two little kids. They bet $5,000 on who will get back to the house first, she loses, she pays him, and he gives the money back. He says they "bump heads a lot" but they love each other.

Next, Ruben wakes up everyone for morning run. Robert runs and says that he has heart, not just hard work and dedication.

We see Guerrero losing to Gamaliel Diaz in 2005, because his new trainer John Bray tried to focus too much on power punching, he says. But Ghost, who was with Joe Goossen for a spell before Bray, brought back Ruben and they've been together since, because Robert threatened to quit if Ruben wasn't involved. Guerrero destroyed Diaz in the rematch, for the record, with Ruben at the helm.

We see that Floyd will throw an "All White Appreciation Party," to signify the end of camp. The boxer says having dad back will help him tighten up after his "D plus" effort against Miguel Cotto; he says he took too many shots, and dad has been upset because he's been taking too many shots. "For the next 30 months, my dad is the man for my career. That's who I started with, that's who I wanna finish with," Floyd says.

Back in Gilroy, CA, Ghost's son Robert plays baseball, while dad is away training. Wife Casey says the kids miss dad a lot, as does she. Robert does a video chat with the family. He says maybe his boy will attend Stanford, and that boxing will pay for that. This is why sacrifices are made, he says.

At the white party, the Money Team showers adulation on the boss, and they boogie. Ghost says Floyd exalts himself too much.

Ruben says there will be no jabbing, that it will be a toe to toe rumble on May 4. "From what I've seen, he's just a very, very dirty fighter," Floyd says of Ghost. "There's nothing sharp about his fight game, but he's here, he's the guy that's in front of me, so we'll see what he brings to the table May 4."

Readers, what are your takeaways from this episode? See anything to change your view of the fight? What about Ruben's statement that his kid won't jab, that he will rumble. Good idea or bad?

tlig says:

"Floyd says the media twists words, and tries to stir up problems between Sr and Roger. "I don't want my dad and my uncle Roger to have any problems," he says. (He says dad is "one of the greatest trainers in the world," whereas in the past he has said Roger is THE BEST, so there's that, for the record.)"

You just did, right there, what he accuses you guys of doing. 'Couldn't even help yourself.

deepwater says:

all trainers say some nonsense about the fight plan before the fight its called phy ops. I think any religious people can have a pic of Marilyn Monroe. does Floyd even understand what he is saying? I guess he thinks God hates Marilyn Monroe . oh well. talk is cheap and lets see the fight.

Floyd is not smart enough to comprehend

what a hypocrite is let alone give examples.

A true Christian knows no one is without sin.

Floyd's out of the ring iq may be 74.

I mean he tries to site the ghost as now having bad karma.

About the gun issue.

The ghost did not follow the correct laws to transport a gun in a certain state.

He made a mistake. It's called being human.

On the other hand physically abusing females on 3 diff cases

equals something pretty bad.

Mayweather is last person that should call somebody a hypocrite. This is that same dude that said God doesn't pick sides but years earlier he said God doesn't want him to lose Wtf!! lol I wonder does he recognize how many times he contradicts himself

Why is anybody worried about mayweathers moral fortitude.... none of us can even enter his neighborhood, knock on his door and start preaching to him Jehova's Witness style.

I'm just want to see what he has left to offer in the ring.

it's reported that his walking around weight is 147.

it's arguable that Mayweather could have stayed at junior welterweight his whole career.

Guerrero is weighing a fit 154 pounds and will harass Mayweather like no other.

he wont walk into a check hook like Hatton, but he'll fight just as rough and nasty.

he won't get frustrated like the 165lb Ortiz did and start using his head. but he'll be throwing bombs at Floyd at frequent intervals in such a way it'll disrupt Floyds concentration and focus.

a six time champ vs a five time champ who's even younger and hungrier.

expect the best Mayweather fight in years.

The Good Doctor says:

I'm just want to see what he has left to offer in the ring.

it's reported that his walking around weight is 147.

Guerrero is weighing a fit 154 pounds and will harass Mayweather like no other.

a six time champ vs a five time champ who's even younger and hungrier.

expect the best Mayweather fight in years.

Man I hope you are right. I am thinking this fight is going to stink on ice with Mayweather almost cruising to a victory. The strategy you described above is not too far from what Cotto did which produced a competitive fight.

I'm just want to see what he has left to offer in the ring.

it's reported that his walking around weight is 147.

Guerrero is weighing a fit 154 pounds and will harass Mayweather like no other.

a six time champ vs a five time champ who's even younger and hungrier.

expect the best Mayweather fight in years.

B-sug not worried about his morals just pointing out him being a hypocrite also we all do it from time to time but he seems to think that he doesn't.

Ali ... I just made a blanket general statement.

Guerrero is crazy ... But he goes all out as intelligently as possible. He's going to do his best to not stand directly in front of Mayweather unless he's throwing punches.
Guerrero also has a good sense of geometry..and momentum...Floyd HAS TO FIGHT to survive.

Ali ... I just made a blanket general statement.

My bad B-sug I thought u was referring to what I posted

DaveB says:

It was weird watching Guerrero get prayed over to win this boxing contest. Does God really care about sports or are athletes full of themselves? The thing that bothered me most was when Guerrero's father said, I think I heard it right, that his son is not going to bother throwing the jab. Using a jab against Mayweather is important to disrupt him. I was thinking as I heard Guerrero's father being his cheerleader, we've all heard this all before. Just because you think you're gonna beat this guy doesn't mean you will. They better have a solid game plan.

The Ghost Dad is out of it. He doesn't know sh¡+ and ought to make like an atom and split. Holla!

I think he was being prayed over for protection and guidance.

The ghosts dad is I just talking bs.

Trying to give the mayweathers a false sense of their gameplan.

I'm telling ya the ghost will fight nothing like he did Berto.

No way.

Amayseng I think that's the only chance he got he can't stay on the outside and win a boxing match. If the watch the first few rounds of Mayweather fight we with Cotto, Cotto was trying to just box. Now once he notice he had no chance to win the fight that way he started to try and rough up Mayweather and had some success. I got a feeling that's what's going to happen in this fight the only difference is Guerrero is not as strong as Cotto so I don't see it working as good for this fight. Let's not forget Mayweather is a strong 147 pounder don't let all that pretty sh!t fool u Guerrero is going to be in trouble May 4.

Ali I agree Floyd holds every advantage except youth and the ghost is

a southpaw. Which mayweathers always overcomes but does lose rounds in the process.

What the ghost did in his 2 ww fights was two important things.

1 threw lots and lots of punches.

And 2 had rough and tough fights.

Both are good preparation for Floyd.

If he had cake fights he would be less prepared.

Bertos speed will help him prepare.

And secleks power as well. The ghost are a lot of

shots to the body and head and was never phased.

Guerrero, the humbug, and his Ghost Dad, the bettlebug, is going to be in deep trouble come May 4. Money May will be bug squashing and ghost thrashing. The Cali Ghost is already beat. It is spooking see him on the 3D flat screen TV getting ghostized by those humbug preachers. WTF! Don't they have some evil souls to save instead of faking on television about The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost Giving the Cali Ghost Godly power to "humble" and whup Money May?

OMFG! I got my ghostbuster guns and tanks and I'm headed toward Sin City a week early. And I'm blasting non-human ghostly powers that I encounter. I hope that if The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost Show up in Sin City to Give the Cali Ghost some Holy jive, they have on IDs. I've committed enough sins. I don't want to get in trouble for ghostblasting the Holy Trinity.

But I musta' fo'got! What happen in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Thank you Lord! 'Cause I wouldn't wanna go to Helldom, because I'm going to pi$$ in the devil eyes, take his pitchfolk and stick him in his @ss with it. And them I'm going to crash his gate and get the heck out of Helldom and chill in the Big P between The Big G's Kingdom and Helldom. Hehe! Holla!