Kermit Cintron Fights On ESPN March 22

BY The Sweet Science ON March 20, 2013

Former Junior Middleweight Title Challenger David Lopez to Meet Don George on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights

Former Welterweight Titlist Cintron vs. Granados in Co-Feature

The March 22 edition of ESPN’s Friday Night Fights presented by Corona Extra will feature Middleweight David “The Destroyer” Lopez (41-13, 25 KOs), who once fought for the Junior Middleweight title, and Don “Da Bomb” George (24-3-1, 21 KOs) in the 10-round main event. Friday’s show from the UIC Center in Chicago, will air live at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN2 HD, ESPN Deportes and will be available online through WatchESPN.com and on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app. The card is promoted by Warriors Boxing.

Watch Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore preview Friday’s main event

Bernardo Osuna (@osunaespn), filling in for Joe Tessitore, will be ringside with Teddy Atlas describing the action for ESPN2 HD, while studio host Todd Grisham (@GrishamESPN) will provide the latest boxing news and highlights. Alex Pombo and Delvin Rodriguez will call the fights for ESPN Deportes’ Viernes de Combates (Friday Night Fights) with Leopoldo Gonzalez and Pablo Viruega in the studio.

Friday’s studio show will discuss last weekend’s title fight between Welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. and Ruslan Provodnikov. Provodnikov, who has appeared numerous times on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, went the distance with Bradley narrowly losing a 12-round unanimous decision.

Main Event:
Chicago’s George, is looking to build momentum after scoring a first-round knockout win over James Cook in his last fight.

"Don's a warrior,” George’s father and trainer, Peter George, said. “He's really preparing hard for this fight and not cutting any corners. He's training harder than I've ever seen him. We know we've got a tough guy in front of us and I think he'll perform impressively on the 22nd. I think he's going to do very well."

Mexico’s Lopez is coming off a 10-round unanimous decision win over Julio Garcia and enters Friday’s bout with big fight experience having fought Junior Middleweight titlist Austin Trout.

"Donovan George is a good fighter,” Lopez said. “I cannot take praise away from him. I know I'm going to be fighting the crowd that night as well as George, but George is also going to have a problem – he's never faced anybody like me. The experience that I'm going to bring is going to make it a very difficult night for him. This fight is going to put me back on track toward my ultimate goal, which is to become world champion.”

Co-Feature:
Friday’s 10-round co-feature will pit former Welterweight titlist Kermit Cintron (33-5-1, 28 KOs) against Adrian “El Tigre” Granados (9-1-1, 5 KOs). Cintron will look to rebound from a fifth-round TKO loss to Junior Middleweight titlist Saul Alvarez while Granados will look to win his fourth fight in a row after a fifth-round TKO win over Antonio Canas.

Follow ESPN’s Friday Night Fights on Twitter @ESPNFNF or like it on Facebook. Follow ESPN Deportes’ Viernes de Combates on Twitter @ESPNBoxeo. Also score the fights round-by-round with the “Live Friday Night Fights Facebook Voting App,” an application on the ESPN FNF Facebook page that allows viewers to score the fight round-by-round.

deepwater says:

Cintron s opponants has 9 fights. Cintron is damaged goods in boxing. He was a good wrestler from pa. Mma? He has a better shot in mma at this point.

Its over Kermit. Maybe he will dive out of the ring again as a farewell. I am going to this show. Maybe I'll make my way ringside and let Teddy interview me. Then its off to the Golden Gloves semi finals at the new location in Cicero, Il. Cicero is a bit of a rough town. If I don't make it back avenge me boys. Avenge the Roast!

Kermit is the story of what coulda been.
Good speed and athleticism and phenomenal power.
Margachesto ruined him. He has never been the same since just like cotto.
I would also agree Kermit lacks the mental composure as well.
Before he went out of the ring he was beating Paul Williams up badly and even staggered him a few times.
Good luck to him.

Btw why isn't margacheato in prison?

Cintron should hang em up ..

No reason to put an innocent man in jail, amayseng. Holla!

Come on Radam u really think he didn't know what was in his wraps?

Boxing is "The threatre of the unexpected," not the house of the blind and dumb. FYI, some boxers "really" don't know what is being done. That is a FACT. Anybody in the game or around the game knows that. But FYI, no jive was being put in Margarito's handwraps to turn his hands into stone.

As the late, greatest trainer of all times, Angie Dundee said: "NONSENSE! Wouldn't that paris of plaster break Margarito's knuckles, mess up the nerves in the hand and cause him not to ever be able to box again?

"Da kid is gettin' ___ ____ ____ ____ ____!"

California Commission is corrupted to the max. I've won lawsuit against dat bytch. See I was all about gettin' on the lawsuit and WINNING BIG MOOLA to quiet down.

BTW, amayseng, where is all the proof and demostration the Cali corrupted commission was support to show the world. And where did they fire all in the commission of those day? And where did the guy that they hired to take over and clean up syet QUIT long before his contract was finish? Holla!

"The

"Da kid is gettin' ___ ____ ____ ____ ____!"

"The

SouthPaul says:

I always thought Cintron lacked that next level of toughness it took to be a special fighter. Seem to me once you rattled his cage enough... He'd fold up like a cheap lawn chair.

Latest Articles