Newspaper Says Gamboa Linked to "East Coast BALCO"

BY Michael Woods ON January 29, 2013

GamboaSalido Hogan 32Boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa's name popped up in a story running in the Miami New Times which focused on Anthony Bosch, the former head of a anti-aging clinic called Biogenesis, which closed last month.

The story says that the Times came to possess Biogenesis records, including a spreadsheet which lists the names of standout professional athletes, like the NY Yankees' Alex Rodriguez, SF Giants OF Melky Cabrera and Gamboa. The clinic peddled HGH, testosterone and anabolic steroids, apparently, and the writer Tim Elfrink spoke to six customers and two ex employees to get a sense of what was occurring at Biogenesis. The names of Bosch and his father, Dr. Pedro Bosch, popped up in the news in 2009, when baseballer Manny Ramirez was suspended for PED usage. The DEA was then looking at the Bosch's for providing Ramirez with HCG, a hormone used in some cases to restore or maintain testicular size, which can be affected by PED use. They were not charged with a crime at that time.

The Times story refers to Biogenesis as an "East Coast version of BALCO," the chemistry lab/PED warehouse-shop which was run by the notorious Victor Conte, who is today involved with strength, conditioning and supplement advice to high level pro boxers, including Nonito Donaire.

In notebooks believed to be written by Bosch, it is indicated that Gamboa was given HGH, testosterone cream and substance called IGF-1, which is used to aid in building muscle mass and strength. HGH and IGF are banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency and use of testosterone would need to be signed off on by an athletic commission, and prescribed by a physician.

An April 2012 fight between Gamboa (22-0, 16 KOs) and Brandon Rios, which was cancelled when Gamboa had a falling out with then promoter Top Rank, is referenced in the Times article. Bosch seemingly wrote that "clean-up" would need to begin on Dec. 1--presumably Dec. 1, 2011--for Gamboa. "Clean up" is not defined, but the implication is clear.

The Times tried to reach Gamboa through his trainer, but the fighter didn't respond.

Gamboa, after parting with Top Rank, is now promoted by rapper 50 Cents' SMS Promotions. Gamboa is the top fighter signed to 50, who also promotes Billy Dib and Celestino Caballero. The 31 year old Cuban defector last fought on Dec. 8, and scored a UD12 win over Michael Farenas. It has been rumored that a deal for his next fight could be near. Apparently, Tim Bradley shot down a fight with Gamboa. The Cuban has expressed interest in fighting Adrien Broner.

Another Florida PED peddling situation snared a boxer, back in 2007. Reports linked heavyweight Jameel McCline to Signature Pharmacy in Orlando. An AP story from 2007 said McCline received steroids, HGH and testosterone from Infinity Longevity, a Signature subsidiary. Baseball players were outed when a Palm Beach "Rejuvenation Center" were busted, also in 2007, so it seems like there is something of a cluster of cases of this ilk in Florida. A common theme in athletes named in the Bosch situation is they have ties to the Miami area. Gamboa lives in Miami.

Naku! OMFG! Why is anybody SURPRISED? Like I've said 90 percent of the top guns are using roids and PEDs to get eye-candy looks for their bodies for the freaks and geeks. That syet is in. The old-school ectomorph body is too thin. And the corruped boxing commissions are turning their craniums the other way. They are just concern about big PAY. And they don't actually give a hard fart how the combatants play. Just don't get caught, and you will be fine. In this seedy business of legal mayhem, the light bulb on being honest about roids and PEDs won't ever shine.

The game is also all about the myths. The myths exist nowadays that that jive helps performance. But it only woos and "Oh SYET" freaky judges who are booty blinded by those swollen muscles that don't help you adroitly fight. But they will get you a gift win, because that syet is definitely IN!

Look how many times that Gamboa has been put on his arse. And look how many times that big, old Jameel McCline has been knocked da double fudge OUT! And that long-chinned freak that heavyweight king Doc Wladamir whupped up on in his last bout is on suspension for being full of dat syet. See that stuff doesn't mean jack. It is boxing skills that are all that and a bag of chips and da straight-up Mack. Holla!

deepwater says:

steroids dont help in boxing. its more of a disadvantage then advantage. arod should come out of the closet like cruz did. where is 50 cent the drug pusher on this one?

deepwater says:

50 cent just gave an interview on performing gamboa into the ring. 50 sent said. I, me,mine over 1000 times. he mentioned gamboa and dib twice. 50 cent is not about the boxers. 50 cent is about 50 cent getting his grubby hands into the sport so he can slide down a rope.

BoxeoMichoacan says:

When do you guys think Pacquiao will be indicted from his epo and hgh use? I guess it's easier to hide things in the Philippines but in due time it will come out

@Deepwater 50 don't give a fu©k and a half about his fighters just like he didn'tcare about the artist he have sign to the unit.

BoxeoMichoacan somebody in his circle will spill the beans one day im sure of that.

Carmine Cas says:

A lot of PED's do not help in boxing but some do. EPO being one them, a.l.a. Mosley in the second de la hoya fight. Blood doping, increasing the delivery of oxygen to one's muscles. Improving stamina, thus maintaining speed, power, throughout the fight. I don't think Pacquiao used steroids, if he had the confidence to sue Golden Girls and Floyd he most likely wasn't doping. Pacquiao looked so good at welterweight not because he was cheating, but because he was fighting washed up dehydrated opponents who were too shot utilize good ring movement, just move straight forward allowing him to attack in angles. Bigger muscles do not equal better boxing, if anything they slow you down. Marquez looked slower than pacquiao in his previous fights

Ditto, CC! You hit it straight on. Big muscle ain't jack in boxing. It is technique, know how and mean savviness that win. Haters reaching for Da Manny being on roids and PEDs, are feathers blowing in the wind. That muscle jive is candy for the above that I named.

In Fight V, that will probably take place in Mexico or the Middle East, PEDs Hulkquez will morph back into Juan Manuel Marquez, because he won't need to impress an audience and judges with eye candy and mythical bullsyetology with size and bulk.

And BTW, JMM will get fudged up badly in Fight V. But he will be phatly paid. Holla!

BTW, CC, there are the accepted roids and PEDs of L-Arginine and Maca that do well in delivering oxygen to the muscles. Spinach, walnuts and beets do the same. Only the dumb@$$es will use that illegal syet.

Old school trainers know that 80 percent of the power and speed come from the diet. Don't let the internet fakers, busters and phoneys blind you to da in da knows. A fighter with an inproper diet is a firecracker, not a gun, cannon or nuke. The jiving wackos in cyberspace make me puke. Holla!

^^^^ **improper
#Pendejo
##ElLeGustaComerPerros

@ali:
I'm thinking Ariza, but they did fix the fights for Pacquiao by dehydrating opponents and having him fight for belts that were against people who did not hold the belt i.e. Margarito. It's ok, we know the truth

dino da vinci says:

And Radam, this is why you remain the mainstay here in the Universe. Ditto CC is correct, you beat me to it. Your Internet faker rant is spot on, and your loyalty to your countryman, even after he was electrocuted in IV is unwavering. Of course, it should also be noted, that in an alternate reality your guy may not have won yet, although at the time of the stoppage I had him no more than nine minutes from the finish line.

BoxeoMichoacan says:

Pacquiao won't win in D.F. and the worst decision he could make, aside from letting Bob Arum and Michael Koncz handle his finances is to fight in Mexico City. He will not rest a minute there. My countrymen are tired of someone who shot epo and hgh in their nalgas accompanied by a promoter who makes Don King look like a trustworthy guy

@dino
"Electrocuted" I haven't heard that yet as an adjective to describe the bomb that went off on plankman's beak lol

In Fight Five, PEDs Hulkquez will not show up. So expect for JM Marquez to be adroitly tortured. His using that jive was a one in a lifetime thing. Because of that ____ ______ _______, he is suffering from more internal damage than Tim Bradley.

Severe damaged goods are JMM and TB. The year 2013 is going to reveal 'em like a crushed-up jelly bean. You cannot forever hide not being clean. To the body, that jive is so mean. Holla!

BoxeoMichoacan says:

Do you think Pacquiao has even woken up at this point?

Stop saying PEDs don't work!!! It's so much stuff out there we don't know exactly what advantage it gives a boxer. If it just gives you muscles then yeah that alone don't mean **** if you can't land anything flush. But im pretty sure there is PEDs that do alot more then that.

@ali
Hgh helped Pacquiao recover faster and train harder with less time. For example, in between rounds, Pacquiao probably would recover within 20 seconds or so rather than the whole minute due to hgh

STFU, SCLA Ali! Don't start your syet with that bytch-@ss stalker. You don't know syet about boxing. And you will believe any tales of the hood bullsyetology. People like you are always looking for the next cheap cheat syet that doesn't work. It is skills that pay the bills, not some bullsyet-arse chemical that blow up your muscles. That syet will give you an early trip to Boot Hill.

None-talented people and their down-low stalking sds with the education of a ghettoweed _____ _____ _______! Roids and PEDs in the @ss has and won't ever gift a boxer. Those who have straw for brains even believe in acid rain.

I'm reminded of this sorry-@ss dude from South Central Los Angeles who was a boxer on dat syet and coke. Everytime it would rain, he wouldn't leave his flophouse appartment because he thought that acid was in the rain, and it was "a-white-man conspiracy to acid-fy [sic] the black skin off people in da hood." And this roids-and-PEDs using bytch was lighter than Mitt Romney. Matter of a fact, he was a cousin of the late FloJo Griffen. And because he had no talent and/or skills to pay the bills he didn't win syet.

At 29 years old, he died. He is taking his dirt nap in that Boot Hill near you. Oh! It's so misty blue! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Trying to read...consume ..... Digest all this is like trying to drink a beer the following morning after a hard night of drinking to help cure your hangover. And that's actually what I got... A PED hangover from 2012 and I ain't never been good at rebounding from a hard night of drinking so I'll be going back to my boxing bed. The hell with this news...

dino da vinci says:

SouthPaul moving up on the outside...

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Radam you talk real tough on the internet..u tell people to STFU but I know u won't say to my face cuz I would really hurt you homie. It's time for u to back all that jaw hacking u be doing. I told u where im at I didn't give u a fake location if u ain't got the balls to show up stop talking . If u want to meet at a boxing gym in L.A and put on the gloves im,all for it I will make a few calls just give me a day. I will make sure the cameras are rolling so u can't lie about me whooping your a$$. If u ain't willingscrap quit talking tough on the internet cuz it makes u look like a straight buster. Deuces

BoxeoMichoacan says:

I'm with my homie Ali 100% radam you talk too much and ur just an Internet tough guy or lennay kekua. I told u where I stay at any time you wana get Pacquiao 'd like ur hero..R.I.P. you can be the next world star person lil homie radam

Go away, SCLA Ali! I know your type. I am tough! STFU! Quit trying to control syet. You will just show yo' @ss trying to be down with ____ ___ ___ because you are a loud-mouth with low confidence, no self-esteem and a racist for the occasion who is a big-time chameleon that let hateful chumps use you. Talk boxing, sab! Later for you and yo' Ebonican hoods.

Everybodee and dey momma know your type. The boy who is always crying wolf. You can go to Money May's site and get a peep at me. Money May can't stand ____ ____ like you and your d-sucking, missing teeth sidekick stalker. Put me on ignore like I did his bisexual @ss and STFU! I'm not hard to find. You just got a weak mind. Move on dude, and quit trying to mess up and control this Universe with your racist @ss and bizarre cohorts. Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

Wow Radam would you look at that, we actually agree on something....but I disagree with the latter. Pacquiao is not going destroy Marquez, lets Marquez did even a cycle it's prob not going to have long lasting effects on him. He loses some muscle he gains some speed back, and still knocks out pacquiao. The question is pacquiao, how is after that knockout? He was out cold, even Rick Fatton was blinking his eyes. I think it would be smart of Pacquiao to fight Bradley first, see how he feels in the ring against someone with pillows for hands, revenge that loss and then fight the Great Juan Manuel Marquez. Bob Arum is so eager to feed him back to the lion that maimed him. Test the water before you go swimming again. Fighters aren't always the same after knockouts like that, I'm sorry to say

Carmine Cas says:

If I were not humane, I'd get you to show up at the Wildcard Gym the next that I'm stateside and kayo you within 13 seconds and put it on Youtube and name it "Pinoy still beating down a ¢ocksure Buffalo Soldier over a 120 years later.

Dino da vinci could referee just to count yo' big bully OUT! We could call the showdown "No Doubt to Make the Real Bytch Shout." The whole Universe will know the real me, and the Chinese's Maxim: "Watch What You Wish For."

I will come in the ring struttin' and shadow boxing to the late, great Michael Jackson's classic song, "BAD!" And ride outta da squared jungle bobbin' and weavin' to the late, great Teddy Pendergras's classic song, "LOVE T-K-O." Because easily down and out, you will go.

No washed-up @ss ex-football player belongs in the same ring with a boxer -- a bad@ss one -- that I am.

How much money do you have? I don't give free arsh thrashing. And do you have insurance? Because fo' yo' @ss, I have too much endurance.

If I make it a date, don't be late! Hehehe! Holla!

Da Manny's been kayoed twice before. He want JMM's once more. And it will not be like fight four. It will not be any ¢orky and hurrying -up jive. I'm going on record now saying that if JMM is able to fight, he will be finished off in round FIVE! The threatre of the unexpect will never subside. Holla!

Hahahahaha

@radam
Aside from riding Pacquiao's _____ did you eat his _______ also? I'll give you a hint, both words start with a D. Manny should retire and you should too from being an Internet tough guy and with ur dragon ball Z haircut.

Holla at YouTube and see how Da Manny's second time getting kayoed was far worst than what JMM did to him. Kayoing Da Manny lit a fire for desire. Getting kayoed for some fighters ain't bad. They turn into monsters afterward. To name a few, Jersey Joe Walcott, Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns, Julian Jackson, Lennox Lewis and Terry Norris. JMM may not even fight him again because of internal injuries that are being kept on the down low. Holla!

BoxeoMichoacan, Radam still running his mouth but ain't doing $hit I've seen his type my whole life they talk big$hit when it safe but when they are confronted they bow down. If im such a easy fight show up at the wild card gym u Mark im dead serious. Where im from if u talk that talk u best be able to,walk that walk u coward

@ali
That's how we came up too. I respect you and I respect that

Shutup, SCLA Ali! Yo' arse will be laughed outta da gym. It's obvious that you're a big-mouth from da hood. I know your type. What have you been doing? Sidelining wif yo' nuthugging bisexual stalking sidekick. He-she is using you. He-she's lover ain't coming back, and yo are a sub sandmick [sic]! Hehehe!

Y'all been sneaking in and out of the gay bar on Creshaw. Gettin on dat freak, aha! Hehehe! You're a cyberspace joke. The sight of me will make your arse choke. Whaddup, dawg! You are aged, fat and uooly and trying to get a whup@ss to give you a 1-8-7. Holla at a shrink. Your stalking sweetheart got yo' big ole wobby head fudged up. You are no match for a boxer, washed footballer. I'm finished with this subject. The whole world is laughing at you.

Even a notice boxer about 5-foot-4 and a buck 12 will put you to sleep in seconds. You have no idea of that squared jungle. Holla!

@radam
Were you one of those guys that used to spike his hair, imitate Ebonics and play tekken on Saturday nights with an earring in your eyebrow?

What in the Blue Hell is going on here? Has TSS gone WWE? The Roast gets into the ring weilding a steel chair...

You two idiots can meet the Roast and Radam G in Milan, Italy and we will settle this in a tag team match inside a steel cage, no disqualification, losers have to spike their hair and put earings in their eyebrows.

@the roast
But if we win, radam has to take the earring out of his and stop eating canines for a year...and admit that Pacquiao is not the second coming of J.C.

Hey, the Roast! That stalker is in gay love with SCLA Ali. It is some Manti Te'o gay opera stuff going on up in herre! Danggit! These washed-up American footballers oughta quit. But I guess gay luv is the new cyberspace luv among husty-busty sweet britches grown-@ss gay lovers.

I ain't hating 'em. But it would nice if they would rendezvous on a gay men site. Maybe they both need to go on the Dr. Phil Show. Hehehe! Holla!

The professional boxer who went 88-0 is scared to fight the washed up football wow!! Im starting to think u fought nothing but bums come on Radam stop talking little man and fight me.

Hahahaha! Go AWAY, Grizzly-bear size chump. Go to the Wildcard Gym and Brian Viloria will sub for me. Now the Hawaiian Punch will get you with a GOAT Muhammad Ali Ghetto Whopper Punch and finish you off in about 15 second. I will clean up yo' big husty @ss if you have guts to come back to the gym after a flyweight kayos you. I'm a welterweight right now. One-forty three and as fast and as mean as I can be. Hehehe! Quit, SCLA Ali! You are boxing sorry. Footballers have a long trail of gettin' kayoed by pugilists like yours truly. And what is this 88-0 syet? Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

Dude against Medgoen Singsurat? It looked like a body shot he went down on all fours crying, he was conscious. He could have beat the count. Marquez put him in a coma lmao. Marquez has never been knocked out before he is a true warrior and champion!

No way that he could have beaten that count. And holla at the first kayo of Da Manny. What JMM did was childplay. In Fight V, Da Manny will make JMM pay. And that is the only way.

After the knockout of a now ectomorph Marquez, instead of the Hulkquez who showed up in the last bout, it will be a Fight VI. By Fight IX, JMM will still claim he beat Da Manny eight out of eight bouts. But the true score will be Da Manny 6-1-1. Holla!

@radam
Get original material, you already got that manti teo line used on you, kibbles and bits

@ali
This guy loves to run his mouth, he's one of those cats that hangs out at the arcade on Saturday night

@ali

BoxeoMichoacan u be having me rolling fam..this dude said his going to get somebody else to fight me Lmmfao! If that ain't a buster what is.

You have comprehension problem, SCLA ALI! You don't even realize how functional illiterate that you are. You may want to holla at someone with at least a third-grade reading education to explain to you what I posted. That down-low stalker really have you rolling because you are a jester and don't realize it. Quit being a chameleon and life vine for a shady Ebonician.

Man, you are looking really bad. The whole world is laughing at your short-on-literacy arse. Gosh! You are remarkably hard to believe. You are not really that foolish, right? Quit playing, man! Holla!

@ali
I have been dying laughing..this chump is trying to get people to fight you. Mini Arum is what ima call him. Then he says that you are not literate and writes,"That low down stalker really have you rolling." Lil homie radam...you think that's correct grammar and syntax. This guy probably looks like Rufio from hook hiding behind his computer eating iams. Ok radam, the whole world, meaning you on your computer all day at your VCR repair shop.

@ali

@ali
It's funny this clown dropped the manti teo line when I clearly slammed him with that last week. What a biter, of canines I know guys like radam, out here they get checked. All those pics on the Internet of his savior Pacquiao getting knocked out is how most mexicans really feel about brain washed cats like him. #100
Dolla!

Carmine Cas says:

Again he wasn't able to beat the count, looked like it was the body punch. It's night and die with Dinamita's knock out. You want to talk about internal injuries, how about Pacquiao's skull lol? You have a lot pride but he got knocked f**ck out, worse than his previous knock outs. There is no question about it don't fight it lol.

And he did get kayoed. That is the nature of the game. Lol! We will see what da haps will be in Fight Five! Tagging in cyberspace doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Holla!

Bunch of bullies in here anymore.
Sad.

Carmine Cas says:

I am not trying beef on the internet I'm just merely pointing out the facts, there is no need for tough talk via internet it's retarted. Plus I'm on the east coast, we'd just be forced to tough talk all day until the next time I go to San Diego hahaha or you come to NY

That it is Sta. Rosa, Leyte, Pilipinas. Haha! Holla!

That it is Sta. Rosa, Leyte, Pilipinas. Haha! Holla!

Hehehe! Amayseng, SCLA Ali's down-low pal has apparently been syetcanned again. But he is a real Jason, and love him so SCLA Ali. He will find a way back. That gayluv for his man is badly in need. It just be a football thing. Holla!

admin says:

Gents, please keep it gentle, keep it civil, OK?

AGREED! Because SCLA Ali is talking outta his head. His chances of surviving even 13 seconds are ZERO and NO WAY! And they are both laughing at the ex-footballer. Hehehe! I'm laughing too. Holla!