Mikey Garcia vs. Orlando Salido--WHO DO YA LIKE?

BY The Sweet Science ON January 17, 2013

Salido Garcia final PC 130117 001aJanuary 17, 2013, New York, N.Y. --- (L-R) Undefeated No. 1 contender Mikey Garcia and WBO World Featherweight champion Orlando Salido pose during the final press conference in New York for their upcoming world title fight, Saturday, Jan 19 at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York , live on HBO Boxing After Dark®, beginning at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT.
Promoted by Top Rank® and K2 Promotions, in association with Tecate and Madison Square Garden, remaining tickets, priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, are currently available for purchase at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com or www.thegarden.com. --- Photo Credit : Chris Farina - Top Rank

deepwater says:

I like salido but he might lose this one. I don't like kings way gym because olajide sr is cheap .

riverside says:

Mikey Garcia late TKO, Salido kisses the canvass two-three times, finally the fight is halted in the late rounds!

deepwater says:

i see salido getting clipped but if garcia tries to finish him before he is ripe then garcia might get clipped too. either way this should be a good fight

riverside says:

Deep, I can picture that scenario, that was JuanMa biggest mistake, Mikey better be carefull when he goes in for the dagger! he might get caught with those wild uppercuts and find himself sitting on his @ss. We might see Mikey going to to the body early, then the head will off by itself.

Mad-schooled Mikey G will be near perfect. JuanMa fought with heart and pride. Mikey will fight with his head, and box, boom and slide. And in plain sight from Salido rough-house attacking, Mikey G is gonna hide. He is gonna come down on and drown Salido like a fast-moving ocean tide. Holla!

I Got Salido by late round stoppage im not impressed by Garcia. I want to see how Garcia responds to when he's in a dog fight I got a feeling it will be the same way JuanMa Lopez did.

In this bout, Mikey G is a dog catcher and will neck tie the pitbull, then will slam the dog's arse in the doggy truck. Salido will have absolutely no luck. The textbook-fighting Mikey G is going to make Salido's whole rough-housing game suck. In the game, Mikey G is becoming a new pound-for-pound muck-a-muck. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

I need to get the message to Salido...shoot the jab...don't throw it!!!! Thanx a lot, Radam!!!!!

I think Garcia will win a close fight. Salido is a hard man so he will make it a great fight. I'm looking forward to this one. Seems like a long time since the last good fight.

Hehehe! Good one, SouthPaul! That is the problem, the Roast! Salido is a hard man. In this game, you need to be loosey goosey. Hard-@ss mean will get you crushed like a jelly bean in Twenty Thirteen [2013]. Holla!

I'm basing my decision on Robert Garcia's belief that he'll win,.. I just havent seen enough of MikeyGarcia and I don't have the time to use Google or youtube. Robert wouldn't let Garcia get anywhere near Salido if he didn't think Mikey had the ability to win... and that's good enough for me...

Here's what Teddy Atlas would say:

"Maybe,... Just Maybe,.. Youth outstrips experience,... Maybe..... Just Maybe the younger guy has the ring genership and smarts to keep the veteran off balance.... and Maybe... Just Maybe... We'll see Garcia's hand raised at the end of the day if he can remain disciplined when things start to get a little rough and ugly in there."