KNOCKOUT NEWS Mrs. Nonito Donaire Is Of Child

BY Michael Woods ON January 14, 2013

Donaire LA arrival 121008 002a"I am pumped to change diaaaapers!" (Charis Farina-Top Rank)

You might recall a few weeks ago I wrote a piece which touched on Nonito Donaire's struggles with a challenging upbringing. He had self esteem issues, to put it mildly, and felt less than in his house, as a kid. He was bullied at school, subject to some severe discipline at home, and there was a period when he thought about ending it all.

He'd tie a shirt around his neck, and come close to the point of passing out. He'd fantasize about getting hit by a bus, and exiting this Earth.

His candor in discussing such sensitive matters blew me away and left me looking up to him that much more. To go from a pipsqueak who contemplated suicide, to the point where you are one of the best prizefighters on the planet...lord, if that story couldn't serve as a pick me up to another kid suffering through the same issues, what one could?

I saw Donaire's admission as an example of leadership. You see this celeb and that go on Oprah or whatever and confess to having gone through some massive trauma or dealt with some disorder or other...and don't ya know, it is almost always attached to a forthcoming book or movie project. Savvy marketers use their dirty laundry to get buzz, to help sell product. But Donaire is not selling any book or pushing any film project. He said he wants to fight to prove something to kids suffering like he was, and that's what he doing. Props.

And I have to offer more props, with the news that his missus is of child. yes, Rachel Donaire is sporting a bump, y'all. The boxer took to social media to share the news about the impending.

"I'm happy with all the awards and victories in 2012 but to me everything was nothing in comparison to when my wife told me she is pregnant," Donaire (31-1; age 30) wrote.

"I told my manager and promoter that June, July, or August I do not want to fight.

Even if its millions of dollars, I want to be with my baby and my wife."

Again, leadership. In this work obsessed society, in which the bulk of people don't even use the vacation days they might be fortunate to be allotted, if they are lucky enough to have a job with benefits, in which all but the luckiest 5% or so struggle to keep pace with cost of living increases while wages stay stagnant, as companies ask their workers to be more productive, or simply outsource jobs to nations where workers earn a pittance, Donaire is looking to take a stand.

He gets it. He gets what I get, that the kid will be tiny once, and you'd be advised to savor the moment, and interrupt the precious work flow, and focus on what is truly important. The little one.

People who know me know that Thursday and Friday are harder days to catch me, because I am with my kids, age 2 and 5 3/4. That is a conscious choice. Be a bit more off radar, and focus instead on watching them blossom. I am pretty damned sure I won't be looking back, in my seat at the Cherry Blossom Senior Home, and curse out this choice. "Dammit, I so wished I worked more when the kids were little, so I didn't see them so much."

Props to Donaire, again, for getting it. There will be ample time for fights, but once the window closes on the little one being little, there is no getting it back.

Follow Woods on Twitter https://twitter.com/Woodsy1069

tlig says:

Congrats......must be a slow news day though. Still, good news.

(Now, if only that chick I intend to make my wife would just fall in line eh? I mean, what's with all the fronting?)

In in dat squared jungle, The Filipino Flash knocks out stanks. In dat Pinoy's luv nest, he doesn't shoot blanks. TFF is da MAN! And he made that lady his number one fan. RIGHT ON, BABBBEEEEE! Another whup-arse generation is a comin!' Pinoy TIME! Yall know dat we're are spittin' about a DIME!

Haters HATE! But all that jive is too LATE! You cannot change FATE! Holla!

deepwater says:

is it kanyes?? you better check the test. better yet protect that baby before rosie odonell snatches it and says its hers.

deepwater says:

a communist explanation="Again, leadership. In this work obsessed society, in which the bulk of people don't even use the vacation days they might be fortunate to be allotted, if they are lucky enough to have a job with benefits, in which all but the luckiest 5% or so struggle to keep pace with cost of living increases while wages stay stagnant, as companies ask their workers to be more productive, or simply outsource jobs to nations where workers earn a pittance, " before you go on in liffe please undersatnd why the economy is the way it is . start here.google= keynesianism. understand that while the "progressive government gets more communist" while they print money and add it to the money supply(m3) that it drives the hidden tax, the inflation tax. you will then undestand while they ruined our currency. houses are no longer an asset and are now liabilities. people no longer save the money because it is inflated away. debt based economies never last. switch all money based on paper(fiat) into hard currecy such as gold silver and commodities. save the country and end keynesianism economics because in the end we are all dead.

deepwater says:

leadership? oh boy. LIBERTY! it seems lil man donaire is just leading his life and doesnt want to lead anyone which is a great thing. why are you looking for someone to lead you? the best leadership is one of example. progressive/communist always want to lean forward and lead someone or something. To be a rational egoist is simply to live in accord with human nature. We are all independent reasoning organisms, and the only life we live or happiness we directly enjoy is our own. This does not mean that we cannot also be interested in the well-being of others, and it certainly does not give us the right to stand in the way of their pursuit of happiness. That rational egoism is human nature explains the failure of altruistic systems like communism. David Schmidtz, a philosopher at the University of Arizona, has pointed out that it does not make sense to design political systems that do not accord with human nature, and this is exactly what altruistic systems do.

Laissez-fare capitalism has its roots in human nature, or reality. Laissez-faire capitalism is simply the economic expression of rational egoism, and as such has its roots in human nature, or reality. Capitalism simply allows people to pursue their rational self-interest. This allows us to say that capitalism is objectively superior to communism. Again, if a system accords with human nature, we would expect to see it succeed, and capitalism certainly seems to be doing so. Capitalism has been around much longer than communism, and is no danger of collapsing the way communism did. Capitalism has created too many people with a vested interest in maintaining the system, which is to say, that it fills their needs and so they want to keep it. It is not democracy that prevents wars between countries (Hitler was elected), but mutual trade. People want to protect their own interests, and when you trade with someone in another country, that means that you must also protect their interests.

Capitalism has also created the fantastic wealth of our world. This is generally conceded even by Marxists! We have more time, more money, live longer, and are healthier, and this is due to capitalism. Simply contrast the living conditions of capitalist nations with those of current and former communist countries. Capitalism allows individuals to pursue their own happiness in their own way. As such, it promotes individual responsibility.

To sum up, something is objective to the extent that it relates to reality, and thus can be verified by others. Human nature is rationally egoistic, not altruistic, and this nature is best served by laissez-faire capitalism. Thus, we say that rational egoism and capitalism are more objective than systems less well grounded in human nature.

admin says:

Rolling Stone, President Obama stated, “Ayn Rand is one of those things that a lot of us, when we were 17 or 18 and feeling misunderstood, we’d pick up.”

admin says:

Er...how do you know Donaire doesn't want to lead people? To the contrary, he told me he did. And who said communism is better than capitalism?? Our brand of capitalism as currently practiced--losses by big banks socialized, massive profits, not so much--needs some attending to, yes, but I don't hear anyone calling for a reversion to the old Soviet brand of communism. I share your views on the real estate bubble, I suspect, tho..

deepwater says:

god damn it gump you must be a goddamn genius. that was the best answer i ever heard.lol what do you think of objectivism vs communism? dont give someone elses punchline . what does woods the individual think about the current monatary system and where it is heading?

deepwater says:

we have not been a capitalist society since 1971. we have been fascist with corporations and government hand in hand(goldman sachs,citi, morgan,ge, ect ect)

deepwater says:

leading by example is the best and only way to lead, so if donaire wants to lead by example then good for him I applaud it. he stuck up for a female in his group and I think that should be applauded.

deepwater says:

A half dozen Jewish concentration camp survivors with the IBM numbers tattooed to their forearm to prove it, visited my junior high school in Spring TX. They were adamant that America was ripe for what this woman describes what happened to Austria.

I think EVERYONE around the globe should read what this eye witness to history has to say.

“I cannot tell you that Hitler took Austria by tanks and guns; it would distort history.

“We voted him in.”

If you remember the plot of the Sound of Music, the Von Trapp family escaped over the Alps rather than submit to the Nazis. Kitty wasn’t so lucky. Her family chose to stay in her native Austria. She was 10 years old, but bright and aware. And she was watching.

“We elected him by a landslide – 98 percent of the vote,” she recalls.

She wasn’t old enough to vote in 1938 – approaching her 11th birthday. But she remembers.

“Everyone thinks that Hitler just rolled in with his tanks and took Austria by force.”

No so.

“In 1938, Austria was in deep Depression. Nearly one-third of our workforce was unemployed. We had 25 percent inflation and 25 percent bank loan interest rates.

Farmers and business people were declaring bankruptcy daily. Young people were going from house to house begging for food. Not that they didn’t want to work; there simply weren’t any jobs.

“My mother was a Christian woman and believed in helping people in need. Every day we cooked a big kettle of soup and baked bread to feed those poor, hungry people – about 30 daily.’

“We looked to our neighbor on the north, Germany, where Hitler had been in power since 1933.” she recalls. “We had been told that they didn’t have unemployment or crime, and they had a high standard of living.

“Nothing was ever said about persecution of any group – Jewish or otherwise. We were led to believe that everyone in Germany was happy. We wanted the same way of life in Austria. We were promised that a vote for Hitler would mean the end of unemployment and help for the family. Hitler also said that businesses would be assisted, and farmers would get their farms back.

“Ninety-eight percent of the population voted to annex Austria to Germany and have Hitler for our ruler.

“We were overjoyed,” remembers Kitty, “and for three days we danced in the streets and had candlelight parades. The new government opened up big field kitchens and everyone was fed.

“After the election, German officials were appointed, and like a miracle, we suddenly had law and order. Three or four weeks later, everyone was employed. The government made sure that a lot of work was created through the Public Work Service.

“Hitler decided we should have equal rights for women. Before this, it was a custom that married Austrian women did not work outside the home. An able-bodied husband would be looked down on if he couldn’t support his family. Many women in the teaching profession were elated that they could retain the jobs they previously had been required to give up for marriage.

“Then we lost religious education for kids

“Our education was nationalized. I attended a very good public school.. The population was predominantly Catholic, so we had religion in our schools. The day we elected Hitler (March 13, 1938), I walked into my schoolroom to find the crucifix replaced by Hitler’s picture hanging next to a Nazi flag. Our teacher, a very devout woman, stood up and told the class we wouldn’t pray or have religion anymore. Instead, we sang ‘Deutschland, Deutschland, Uber Alles,’ and had physical education.

“Sunday became National Youth Day with compulsory attendance. Parents were not pleased about the sudden change in curriculum. They were told that if they did not send us, they would receive a stiff letter of warning the first time. The second time they would be fined the equivalent of $300, and the third time they would be subject to jail.”

And then things got worse.

“The first two hours consisted of political indoctrination. The rest of the day we had sports. As time went along, we loved it. Oh, we had so much fun and got our sports equipment free.

“We would go home and gleefully tell our parents about the wonderful time we had.

“My mother was very unhappy,” remembers Kitty. “When the next term started, she took me out of public school and put me in a convent. I told her she couldn’t do that and she told me that someday when I grew up, I would be grateful. There was a very good curriculum, but hardly any fun – no sports, and no political indoctrination.

“I hated it at first but felt I could tolerate it. Every once in a while, on holidays, I went home. I would go back to my old friends and ask what was going on and what they were doing.

“Their loose lifestyle was very alarming to me. They lived without religion. By that time, unwed mothers were glorified for having a baby for Hitler.

“It seemed strange to me that our society changed so suddenly. As time went along, I realized what a great deed my mother did so that I wasn’t exposed to that kind of humanistic philosophy.

“Then food rationing began

“In 1939, the war started and a food bank was established. All food was rationed and could only be purchased using food stamps. At the same time, a full-employment law was passed which meant if you didn’t work, you didn’t get a ration card, and if you didn’t have a card, you starved to death.

“Women who stayed home to raise their families didn’t have any marketable skills and often had to take jobs more suited for men.

“Soon after this, the draft was implemented.

“It was compulsory for young people, male and female, to give one year to the labor corps,” remembers Kitty. “During the day, the girls worked on the farms, and at night they returned to their barracks for military training just like the boys.

“They were trained to be anti-aircraft gunners and participated in the signal corps. After the labor corps, they were not discharged but were used in the front lines.

“When I go back to Austria to visit my family and friends, most of these women are emotional cripples because they just were not equipped to handle the horrors of combat.

“Three months before I turned 18, I was severely injured in an air raid attack. I nearly had a leg amputated, so I was spared having to go into the labor corps and into military service.

“When the mothers had to go out into the work force, the government immediately established child care centers.

“You could take your children ages four weeks old to school age and leave them there around-the-clock, seven days a week, under the total care of the government.

“The state raised a whole generation of children. There were no motherly women to take care of the children, just people highly trained in child psychology. By this time, no one talked about equal rights. We knew we had been had.

“Before Hitler, we had very good medical care. Many American doctors trained at the University of Vienna..

“After Hitler, health care was socialized, free for everyone. Doctors were salaried by the government. The problem was, since it was free, the people were going to the doctors for everything.

“When the good doctor arrived at his office at 8 a.m., 40 people were already waiting and, at the same time, the hospitals were full.

or two for your turn. There was no money for research as it was poured into socialized medicine. Research at the medical schools literally stopped, so the best doctors left Austria and emigrated to other countries.

“As for healthcare, our tax rates went up to 80 percent of our income. Newlyweds immediately received a $1,000 loan from the government to establish a household. We had big programs for families.

“All day care and education were free. High schools were taken over by the government and college tuition was subsidized. Everyone was entitled to free handouts, such as food stamps, clothing, and housing.

“We had another agency designed to monitor business. My brother-in-law owned a restaurant that had square tables.

“ Government officials told him he had to replace them with round tables because people might bump themselves on the corners. Then they said he had to have additional bathroom facilities. It was just a small dairy business with a snack bar. He couldn’t meet all the demands.

“Soon, he went out of business. If the government owned the large businesses and not many small ones existed, it could be in control.

“We had consumer protection, too

“We were told how to shop and what to buy. Free enterprise was essentially abolished. We had a planning agency specially designed for farmers. The agents would go to the farms, count the live-stock, and then tell the farmers what to produce, and how to produce it.

“In 1944, I was a student teacher in a small village in the Alps. The villagers were surrounded by mountain passes which, in the winter, were closed off with snow, causing people to be isolated.

“So people intermarried and offspring were sometimes retarded. When I arrived, I was told there were 15 mentally retarded adults, but they were all useful and did good manual work.

“I knew one, named Vincent, very well. He was a janitor of the school. One day I looked out the window and saw Vincent and others getting into a van.

“I asked my superior where they were going. She said to an institution where the State Health Department would teach them a trade, and to read and write. The families were required to sign papers with a little clause that they could not visit for 6 months.

“They were told visits would interfere with the program and might cause homesickness.

“As time passed, letters started to dribble back saying these people died a natural, merciful death. The villagers were not fooled. We suspected what was happening. Those people left in excellent physical health and all died within 6 months. We called this euthanasia.

“Then they took our guns

“Next came gun registration. People were getting injured by guns. Hitler said that the real way to catch criminals (we still had a few) was by matching serial numbers on guns. Most citizens were law abiding and dutifully marched to the police station to register their firearms. Not long afterwards, the police said that it was best for everyone to turn in their guns. The authorities already knew who had them, so it was futile not to comply voluntarily.

“No more freedom of speech. Anyone who said something against the government was taken away. We knew many people who were arrested, not only Jews, but also priests and ministers who spoke up.

“Totalitarianism didn’t come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria. Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we had creeping gradualism. Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.”

“This is my eye-witness account.

“It’s true. Those of us who sailed past the Statue of Liberty came to a country of unbelievable freedom and opportunity.

“America is truly is the greatest country in the world.

“Don’t let freedom slip away.

“After America, there is no place to go.”

dino da vinci says:

Too big to fail Deep, too big to fail.

Congrats!!

deepwater says:

Too big to fail Deep, too big to fail.[/QUO oops just wanted to paste link to article. what the hell no one read it anyway. no such thing as too big to fail. see iceland as an example. they let it all fail, fired the government and arrested all dirty bankers. follow that info and you will see the success you are not allowed to hear about. bring back glass steagal,repudiate the odious debt, and tar and feather the politico class.

Grimm says:

@deepwater

Interesting story, and true. Being european - and interested in history - the presence of the nazi influence on and in all parts of society during those years are obvious, and in more or less all of the european countries. Even Britain - in postwar propaganda known for their resistance and resilience - had their share of Union Jack-nazis, as well as France whose Vichy-regime in essence delivered the nazi policies.

Being as red as any man come, I would love to debate politics with you - you seem interested, and - from your standpoint - informed. Too bad the sport of politics is the wrong sport for the forum. Keep it up, the best to you.

Grimm says:

@deepwater

SouthPaul says:

article was definitely a good read. Am fascinated with that timeline. Good reminder it took a whole lot of folks to make that evil possible.