IBF Orders Carl Froch To Defend Vs. Adonis Stevenson

BY The Sweet Science ON January 04, 2013

TSS LOGOMONTREAL (January 4, 2013) - Finally, after much speculation about his next opponent, International Boxing Federation (IBF) super middleweight Carl "The Cobra" Froch (30-2-0, 22 KOs), of Great Britain, is forced to defend his belt against mandatory contender Adonis "Superman" Stevenson (19-1-0, 16 KOs).

In a letter from IBF representative Lindsey Tucker, dated January 2, 2013, sent to the promoters of Froch and Stevenson, both parties were invited to negotiate and Jan. 15 was imposed as the deadline. If at that time the parties were unable to reach an agreement a purse bid would be held in the IBF offices in New Jersey.

If Froch, for whatever reason, decided to withdraw from this process then it would he removed as champion and Stevenson would be invited to fight for the vacant title against the next highest-ranking available IBF challenger. If Stevenson withdrew he would be excluded from the IBF's top 10 contenders for six months and the highest-ranked available contender would replace him.

"I'm finally realizing my goal of a world championship fight, facing a great champion like Carl Froch," Stevenson said about the turn of events. "I know he's had great victories during his career, particularly against two other Quebec fighters, Jean Pascal and Lucian Bute, but I have all of the tools needed to emerge victorious in a great fight. I would obviously like the fight to take place here in Quebec, but I have no problem winning the title in England, if necessary. "

"Carl Froch not only has the obligation to fight Adonis Stevenson," said the president of GYM, Yvon Michel, "but the 'Superman' fight is certainly the most profitable, as well as the best alternative for the champion and his only way to keep his IBF title belt. I know Froch's promoter, Eddie Hearn, wants this fight to take place in England, and he has also sent an interesting offer for a date in May. From our side, we will rally all of Quebec Nation to get behind us and try to convince the Super Six finalist to come here to defend his crown in March or April. We have also sent a very generous offer for this purpose. He had the opportunity to beat Pascal and Bute at his home in Nottingham. Isn't it his turn to visit us in Quebec?"

Both parties believe that, despite the short time period, an agreement can be negotiated but, if that isn't the case, then the purse bid action on Jan. 15 would then determine the outcome.

Jive time, no good politricks -- I mean politics -- of the sorry-arse crooked IBF. Inside Boxing Fraud = IBF. IMHO this alphabet-stankin' organization is the seediest of the so-claimed elite five -- WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO and IBO -- sanctioning crooks. Holla!

Upset!!

I watched the Stevenson vs la Bomba George fight a couple weeks ago. Before that my lasting image of Stevenson was that of an awkward crazed berzerker sporting a crazed mohawk. After watching that fight,... I can see why Manny Stewart took him under his wing.
the guy can box and has much more stamina than a 35 year old should have... and he's also capable of adapting to hardship and adversity.
Froch should have the seasoning and experience to handle Stevenson... but I don't know if I'm 111% sure about that.
this is an excellent matchup that I'm certain will not disappoint... as ali has so gracefully put... an Upset is not that hard to imagine.

That's an exciting matchup for sure.

Froch is a tough grinder and Adonis is a one punch killer

It has upset written all over it.

Why is froch reluctant to take this fight?

I'm not interested in a Kessler rematch

Froch must be warming up to Stevenson...he recently says he doesn't duck anybody... and only "hit and hold artists can beat him"...Froch tells Stevenson that he respects him,.. but if he gets in the ring with him.... he'll get Smoked!!.. Froch is always hilarious before a fight.

Adonis is unproven. He hasnt fought anyone. Froch has fought everyone. I'm picking Froch to win big.

B-sug I loved when Froch and Ward had there face off Froch is can hold his own with any trash talker.

Boxing2000 says:

Ali,

Have u seen froch's girl tho??? Call me OJ cuz I'll stab

Froch thinks he is elite but who has he beat ?
He has come up short when it mattered.
Ward humiliated him.
Taylor who was already shot slow uncoordinated boxed
his ears off for 11 rounds before catching one and going to sleep.
Even dirrel out boxes him. Froch complained him ran but
Froch is the one who didn't have the agility or athleticism to keep
up.
Even a slowed down Kessler beat froch.

Froch did surprise me and destroyed a stupid Bute who
fought the complete opposite of his own skill set.

Froch is a tough bastard but who of note
Has he beat?

Adonis may set the table for a 50/50 fight

Froch thinks he is elite but who has he beat ?
He has come up short when it mattered.
Ward humiliated him.
Taylor who was already shot slow uncoordinated boxed
his ears off for 11 rounds before catching one and going to sleep.
Even dirrel out boxes him. Froch complained him ran but
Froch is the one who didn't have the agility or athleticism to keep
up.
Even a slowed down Kessler beat froch.

Froch did surprise me and destroyed a stupid Bute who
fought the complete opposite of his own skill set.

Froch is a tough bastard but who of note
Has he beat?

Adonis may set the table for a 50/50 fight

Froch defeated Lucian Bute, Glen Johnson, Arthur Abraham, Andre Dirrell, Jermain Taylor, and Jean Pascal. You can say Johnson was old but he was coming off a KO of Allan Green. Adonis best win is over Jeff George. Ooops Don George. You can have Adonis, i'll take Froch.

I'm riding shotgun with the Roast on this one. Adonis is a bit wild, amateurish and hyped. Holla!

dino da vinci says:

And I'm in the backseat sitting directly behind the driver.

I was just poking around on the ESPN boxing site and they are saying Froch has signed to fight Kessler in a rematch and will ask the IBF to wait on the Adonis fight. The IBF want that fee so they will strop Froch and set up Adonis with the next guy I would guess. Also saw that today is Roy Jones Jr's birthday today and watched the second Montell Griffin fight off Dan Rafael's twitter page. RJJ was on fire that night in '97, yall musta forgot! Happy Birthday Champ. Good stuff over on that ESPN site, the only other boxing site I look at.

SouthPaul says:

My condonlences on hearing you've boxed yourself into two boxing sites. No disrespect meant, but umm, kinda pathetic with a dash of pity. You're depriving yourself, my friend....

SouthPaul says:

dino da vinci says:

Soooo, SouthPaul, how many sites are YOU shlinking off to view? Hmmmm? You leave the Roast alone and don't try to entice him into your bad, deplorable habits. ;-)

SouthPaul says:

Lmfao. Showing good footwork...lateral movement ...SouthPaw (Thats really what I tried signing up for!) stepping back into his TSS position/place.

SouthPaul says:

I'll let you know when I give a f*** what you think SP.

SouthPaul says:

It's too late, homey, done told me with that repsonse. Holla'.

SouthPaul says:

Roast

I'm still unsure what your exact position is on this site but right now you ain't nothing but another poster. What I'll tell you is this, this boxing community, the one outside this Internet world is very smalll. So, please, don't say anything to me you wouldnt spit to me say if we caught up with each other in person. If you drop a hostile F bomb here...by all means...do so too if we ever have a disagreement in boxing person/real life.

Were you drinking or something last night SouthPaul? In what world would we ever meet up in real life? This is the only communication we will having. My exact position? Of course I'm just another poster, what else would I be? Are you offended by an F-bomb? Maybe I should have said no disrespect intended first?

SouthPaul says:

I had just drank a protien shake and if you feel the need ..contact Vada and have them holla' at me for a test. Not surprising you'd say we'd never meet ...you strike me as sort of a arrogant cat. I ain't offended, though, just making sure the Roast brings it in the same manner when he's out in the real world.

Well thats a first. The arrogant thing I mean. I doubt we'd ever meet cuz I'm not a member of the boxing community. I'm just a fight fan. I attend fights in the Chicago area. We dont get any big fights here. Golden Gloves finals every April is one of the highlights. If you ever get out this way I'll buy you a beer. Cool homie?

Don't let the glib- jet-set-hopping-international-philanthropic-playboy-image fool you,.. In between romancing international tennis stars world-wide,.. the Roast has been known to humble himself by endearing himself to the common folks during his many overseas travels,.... by sometimes watching fights with tribal chieftains on the only tv in the village...yep the one with the rabbit ears..... The Roast may be a man of many aquired tastes,... along with the means to fulfill them,.. but he still hasn't lost the common touch.

Hehehe! You guys are wildin!' Just don't take any bananas or almonds with those shakes or beers. You will sleep like babies. Danggit! This Navy Yank heavyweight ate some bananas and almonds a few hours before his bout with the China national champion. The NYh was dozing off before the bout and in the ring between the second and third round. Instead of his coach stopping the bout and not letting the kid come out, he slapped the kid across his ugly mug and pushed him out.

KaBOOM!!! The NYh got tapped on the chin and fell in sections like collapsing building. WTF! Know what not to eat or you will get your monkey @ss beat.

The beauty conquered the beast by feeding his gorilla @ss almonds and bananas. I guess the NYh didn't read the book. Hehehe! I thought everybodee and dey momma knew no bananas and almonds before whup-@$$ pugilistic competition. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Lmfao. Thats truly funny cause my comical assumption was ...located in Italy .... Struggling tennis coach...attempting a come back with Billie JEan King... Sorta resembling Cedric Kushner . It's all love, Roast. Just smack talkin'.... I need some type of legendary poster/ opponent in 2013 to step on in order to push up past Brown Suga' in the rankings. Lol.

Wow! I remember in Hong Kong how Nun Sisters Maribeth and Tessita got me from talking smack. They knew how to attack. Their fists were moving fast as lightning. I had no chance in fighting. And of Jesus, I saw no sighting. The moral of the story. Jive that line between every pain and glory. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Lol, takes a good collaboration for a jive jam session. I was snapping Bernie Campbell's head back with that uppercut you taught me but truthfully the shhhhhyt is primitive. You got me looking like Charlie from Young Guns (if you've never seen that clip of him boxing , do so, that's comedy gold).