MASSIVE Props To Mitchell, Who Will Fight Banks Again

BY Michael Woods ON January 03, 2013

MitchellBanks Hogan88Last time we saw Seth Mitchell, the ex footballer at Michigan State was on the canvas, not a spot he's accustomed to. The heavyweight got tagged by Jonathan Banks, the Emanuel Steward protege, and went down three times in Atlantic City, on the Adrien Broner-Antonio Demarco undercard. He was tagged a TKO2 loser against the 24-1 Banks. I reached out to the 6-2 hammerfisted pug, who lives in Maryland, three weeks after he tasted from the bitter cup for the first time.

Will you be getting back on the horse that bucked you, I asked.

"I'll be back on the horse in late February or early March," he told me.

And how is he, mentally, emotionally? "It took me about six days to get the sick feeling out of my stomache," he admitted. "After a week, I reviewed the tape."

And what were the takeaways?

"I figured out that my balance and distance was off," he said. "I won the first, hands down but I saw three or four times I lunged. He capitalized."

Could the loss be seen as a blessing in disguise then? "Absolutely! I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. I have to figure out what God wants me to learn."

And before he gets back into a serious camp, will he embrace the holiday season? "I will have Christmas at my house," Mitchell said, before the Fat Man came to town with his goodie bag. "I'm not cooking, maybe I'll cut some carrots. My brother, my three sisters, aunts, uncles, about 15 to 20 people will come over. There'll be sweet potatoe, and chitlins.."

I admitted I'd never had those. Are they good, I wondered. Mitchell laughed. "Chitlins are probably an acquired taste," he said, and it went without saying that getting stopped is a taste one never develops a fondness for. I am looking forward to see if Mitchell can tighten up his game to prevent another disappointment, especially with word out that on Feb. 16, it won't be just any horse he'll be hopping on to. No, no Travis Walker, Dominick Guinn or Sherman Williams for him; Mitchell will take on Banks, in a rematch, underneath an Adrien Broner fight in AC. Yep, right back in Boardwalk Hall, in the same ring he got dusted. My reaction to that? Props, immense props to Mitchell. That move, coming right back against the fella that just "exposed" you, is a mega rarity in this day and age. You bet your arse I'm chomping at the bit to see if Mitchell's head is screwed on straight, and he's tightened up the holes Banks blasted in him. His stock rises in my eyes just for signing up for an immediate rematch, regardless the outcome.

Not for me! Dude has bad management. Banks is one horse that Mitch ought to ditch, because once again, Banks is gonna make him his bitch. Seth has no business in that squared jungle with Banks. What else canoo I say. Once again, quickly KTFO Seth Mitchell will lay. Holla?

Just when I was about to feal sorry for Mitchell, he said " don't cry for me,.. cry for my next oponent". words to live by. One word for mitchell,... spar,... spar,.. spar... at least twice a week,.. get used to seeing those punches coming at you. All he has to do is catch Banks good..... one time.

deepwater says:

Banks is gonna do it again. At best Mitchell can last the full fight. Bad move to make immediate rematch. Mitchell is too stiff and too raw still. He needs to go on a tour of east coast gyms and spar top amateurs and pros . He needs to fight every month or six weeks for a year in places like Oklahoma and lake Tahoe against not so good guys and actually work on some moves like defense and footwork and feints and dont just blow the paid bum out in 1 round. Set things up move your head. 5 fights against some bums then a rematch in 16 months against banks who will be older and slower possibly. He still won't have a much of a shot against a guy with proper skill.

Bernie Campbell says:

This is an exersize in futility! 1st Witherspoon, them Banks, at this time of his progression he should have been fighting Price or Pulev. No tickie No shirtie!

Deep has once again outlined the perfect prescription. (for Mitchell),... please write that out with unlimited refills.
as it stands,... Mitchell will have to depend on a "punchers chance".

Bernie Campbell says:

Lets play a guessing game! Lets before this fight we take money on what Sam Watson's wearing for his grand entrance in the ring! Turtleneck or suitjacket! Knucklehead idiot!

I actually think Mitchell is going to beat Banks in rematch he clearly won round 1 and buzzed banks too. We all know Banks ain't got no chin (I know Mitchell doesn't either) but I got Mitchell wining by KO in the middle rounds.

Wow! South Central Los Angeles dude, NICE JOKING! What are you smoking? Mitch is gonna gettin tore up! His arse again we be moppin' da flo' up! Holla!

Radam I don't think he will be as reckless in the rematch and I think that will be the main reason he wins the rematch.

Da dude is football mean, and boxing green. With his arse, that canvas again Banks is gonna clean. He's gonna crush him like a jelly bean. Mitch's skills are too lean. Holla!

Football mean and boxing green I dig that line triple OG