Wladimir Klitschko: "Rest In Peace, Emanuel"

BY The Sweet Science ON October 25, 2012

KLitschkoBrewster22 Kielhorn 1

Boxing has suffered a tremendous loss with the passing of Emanuel Steward.

Vitali and I, along with the entire Team Klitschko, send our deepest and most heartfelt condolences to Emanuel's family and friends.

It is not often that a person in any line of work gets a chance to work with a legend, well I was privileged enough to work with one for almost a decade.

I will miss our time together. The

long talks about boxing, the world, and life itself. Most of all I will miss our friendship.

My team and I will carry on with the goals we had set while Emanuel was with us because that is exactly what Emanuel would have wanted. I know he will be with us in spirit along the way and we will accomplish these goals in his honor.

Rest in peace Emanuel. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again my friend.

Wladimir Klitschko

I read several weeks ago where Vlad was extremely moved and concerned about Manny's health... I knew then Dr SteelHammer knew something the rest of us didn't.
What a very special and unique relationship they had.
I hope Wlad can keep on performing at his best and win the recognition he deserves..
as far as P4P is concerned he's probably the #1 Classiest boxer who's ever laced on a pair.

What a very special and unique relationship they had.

Ditto

Bernie Campbell says:

Whose gonna be in Wlad's corner in 2 weeks? Fritz?

The spirit of the late GBG Manny S will still be there. But the chief live second now is Jonathan Banks [name may be misspelled]. Holla!

Still doesn't seem real...

mortcola says:

A man who defined the teaching of boxing, and the higher values of the sport, in our era as much as any other person. Not just respected for his expertise, but loved. A man who brought out the best in his fighters, helping them to overcome. A piece of my boxing youth is over, and I never even met the man. RIP, Manny. Honor his memory in all you do, Wlad, and all Manny's students.