Weigh In HERE If You Think Martinez Beats Chavez

BY The Sweet Science ON September 11, 2012

Martinez arrival 120911 001aSept 11, 2012, Las Vegas,Nevada --- "MARTINEZ LAS VEGAS GRAND ARRIVAL" ---. Two-division world champion Sergio Martinez (ctr) makes his Las Vegas Grand Arrival with promoter Lou DiBella (R) at the Wynn Las Vegas, Tuesday for his upcoming Mexican Independence Day Middleweight championship battle against undefeated WBC Middleweight Champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Promoted by Top Rank, Zanfer Promotions and DiBella Entertainment, in association with Wynn Las Vegas, At&T and Tecate, Chavez Jr. vs Martinez will take place Saturday, September 15 at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, live on HBO Pay Per View. ---- Photo Credit : Chris Farina - Top Rank

Grimm says:

Yes he will. The man will beat the boy - and the boys need to step out of his daddys shadow and press the action will play into Maravillas hands. Congratulations. He will bang that left in Juniors face all night long, knowing he has to stop the action before the judges steal the show. Junior will succumb from internal/external pressure, just like a blown up balloon ready to explode.

WOW! Holla!

deepwater says:

chavez aready won the mind games. he has sergio talking knockout and nasty things. as sergio picks out new hats to wear to the grand arrival the mexican fans are getting ready to give him a very rude time. my friend works at encore at wynn and was on hand. maticon was the chant for sergio. he will have that arena against him every second of every round.

I dont think a 37 year old vet champion boxer in sergio will get played or lured into mind games...

something you young guys dont yet understand, because you are young, that happens when you are young, not older or matured...

i am 34, and like i told my dad last weekend in a different circumstance, i dont get intimidated or nervous, nothing anyone can do or say could alter my mind feelings or thoughts.....

so i could only perceive sergio a champion of 37 years to be a bit more stable than myself in that ring and in preparation.....

chavez has a lot to offer, but his number one pro is that he is always bigger than his opponents, much bigger and can wear them down and walk through their punches and smother them...

i just think that sergio has taken this personally as he lost his belt and was kept from being the legitimate champion of it while they pampered chavezs butt, and a guy like sergio who has dealt with this unfairness in other circumstances his whole life, has just had enough of it.

sergio will box and move for a few rounds then mid fight he will start coming forward and SITTING down on his punches putting his momentum behind them and he will get chavez out of there by ko or tko...

deepwater you are a fighter, you know the difference between boxing with strong or sharp punches and sitting down with vigor to get a guy out of there...

I like Martinez's style in clothing... except personally I prefer a looser fit. But I like his training technique and his dazzling left hook even better. If Martinez loses to a kid with no amateur experience and whose record has been padded by more than 30 inferior quality fighters.....and who only owns a title because it was handed to him after Martinez was unfairly stripped of it by virtue of the kids ubridled popularity in Mexico. .... I will have to sit down and express my dissappointment very respectfully in the form of a 4 page letter.

Unless Martinez has gotten old overnight there is no way he should lose to guy rated at least one level below the guys he's already beaten.

Chavez has improved but he cannot make up for his inexperience in just 2 or three 3 fights.
Martinez should be able to chop junior down like Mosley chopped down Margarito.
I give credit and respect for Chavez taking the fight. I half expected him to bow out by now with an excuse. For that reason I find this fight intriguing with a bit of suspence.

riverside says:

sold out Thomas and Mack center, might as well have had the fight at Azteca stadium, record crowd borrachos, the crowd make a difference. I think all that drama on 24/7 of junior slacking off is just part of the Roach Show!! they want to convinced Sergio to stand and fight. I remember dlh fighting the brenhal and paez of the world until finally taking on the chicanito's and Ruelas. Same here, Junior has moved on to the next boxing level. predicting good scrap. Close rounds going to Chavez, Sulaiman is all up in arms about the south african judge being appointed Stanley christadouluo. don't know much about him?

Skill wise, I'll take Martinez every day of the week. Deepwater has got me wondering if the deck is stacked against Sergio. If you follow the money Arum can make alot more on Son of a Legend Chavez Jr that the 37 year old Martinez. I smell a rat. Sergio had better win this fight by KO or really put on a show to get a UD. Pernell Whitaker's A-hole is still sore from the screw job he got.

Chavez jr has no defense at all and Martinez is accurate and doesn't get tired. Martinez by TKO late.

WOW! I guess that Sergio Martinez is a defensive wizard. His long-in-da-tooth @ss has no defense either.

The Son of a Legend Julio Cesar Chavez Jr is going to pop dat @SS. So for the second week in a roll, make excuses, SCLA Ali, while saying that you "don't make excuses."

You are at the top of the list of excuse making, make-believe and hardcore fantasy about others being likewise. You act like you are in da darn desert seeing mirage and jive.

Be a MAN, grow a pair of cojones -- no matter how small -- and prepare to eat crow. Wash dat shyt down with a 40. Hehehe! Holla!

MisterLee says:

I think Martinez stops him in 8, but I'll say 10 rounds to be safe. Holler!

Grimm says:

The men who made Martinez look a bit ordinary, was the men - Barker/Macklin - who decided to step back, tighten up and work behind a cautious jab. Chavez will make the mistake of the textbook: take it to Martinez. He will be severely fooled by the superior boxing IQ. The smiling killer has the wack to put this essentially untested - at this level - boy to sleep.

What in da double fudge ___ ___ ___ is a "boxing IQ." C'mon, Grimm, you are using the wrong word. Do you know how one is assigned an IQ of any discipline? That is WHAT I thought.

You apparently mean boxing SAVVY -- not IQ. Martinez never went to school for boxing, did any thesises, bookwork or was on-paper tested. None of his boxing shyt is IQed.

There are gym, recreation center, organizations, colleges and school that one goes to be assigned an IQ for boxing. To name one, ex-boxer/referee Mills Lanes literally study boxing in college the IQ way, not the boot-legged way of many ___ ____ ____.

Da muthasucka Sergio Martinez workouts at Robert Garcia Boxing Academy, but don't know JACK about boxing IQing. Now trainer Robert G has a boxing IQ and savvy learned in Oxnard, Cali from his dad and boxing institutions.

The K-bros/docs went to Russian boxing schools, so they have IQs, and learn a lot more stuff about savvy from super, super trainer like GBG Manny Steward, so they also have boxing SAVVY, along with those IQs.

Cuban fighter -- now in the pros in the USA -- went to boxing schools in their homeland so they have IQs, and have learn the SAVVY in the USA. American amateur fighters staying at the boxing centers, especially in Colorado Springs, Co. are schooled in IQ and savvy nowadays, thought the men look like shyt in da O-Games recently held in London.

Again, SAVVY -- all that SM has -- is the word that you are looking for Grimm, not the term IQ.

Using the wrong word and a dangling participle will fudge up the intent of your post. But I get it. I have on my diciphering cap. But I'm still just saying that there is no need to bring in a "Bell Curve" for boxing. Besides, it's a great thing if everybody would strive to get their post correct with real-deal, right-stuff, PHAT knowledge. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Wouldn't expect nothing less from the obnoxious Bud Light drinking Chavez fans. Won't even be surprised if Senior is all liqoured up by fights end and attacks MArtinez after he goes deep in his mijo. Great, terrible loser. Makes me think of a quote. Show me a good loser..and I'll show you a loser. So, he's got that aspect working well I suppose.

SouthPaul says:

I've paid close attention to Freddie Roach. It's what he's NOT saying here that has me convinced he too knows Chavez is doomed. My head pick is Martinez by decision ... My malicious pick is.. Martinez by brutal ko.

DaveB says:

I think Martinez doles out an awful whipping. I think this one will be stopped after the one sided beating. It should be interesting while it lasts.

I think that the Martinez's fans and supporters are going to eat mucho crow. His @ss da double fudge AWAY, the SOAL JCCJ is gonna BLOW. It will be no contest. SM's optical illusions have work on many who are not in da know. Now it is time for that unforgivable jive to be put to rest. SM's boxing con will be exposed from the down low. Holla!

Grimm says:

There are gyms, recreation centers, organizations, colleges and schoosl that one goes to be assigned an IQ for boxing. To name one, ex-boxer/referee Mills Lanes literally study boxing in college the IQ way, not the boot-legged way of many ___ ____ ____.

Da muthasucka Sergio Martinez workouts at Robert Garcia Boxing Academy, but don't [sic] know JACK about boxing IQing. Now trainer Robert G has a boxing IQ and savvy learned in Oxnard, Cali from his dad and boxing institutions.

The K-bros/docs went to Russian boxing schools, so they have IQs, and learn a lot more stuff about savvy from super, super trainers like GBG Manny Steward, so they also have boxing SAVVY, along with those IQs.

Cuban fighters -- now in the pros in the USA -- went to boxing schools in their homeland so they have IQs, and have learn the SAVVY in the USA. American amateur fighters staying at the boxing centers, especially in Colorado Springs, Co. are schooled in IQ and savvy nowadays, thought the men look like shyt in da O-Games recently held in London.

Thanx for the lesson - I now realise I've been living an illiterate, uneducated life. Well, IQ is a debated concept, with a consensus that there really is no consensus - beyond your realm, that is. Now, we can go on debating the concept, pretending to misunderstand eachother for the good of a verbal brawl, or we can go on discussing the topic. You want me to write you a book on the concept of IQ, or you wanna discuss Martinez-Chavez - or you just wanna go on with your rants, hints, insults and the bravado that disguises your narcissistic needs?

Grimm says:

Go on with the way you are. Some people just don't care about right and wrong, truth and falsehood. Blame it on the need to ___ ___ ___. Holla!

LizaLisafeva says:

Great fights.. I just saw highlights of the Canelo fight but yeah he was expected to win this fight.. Martinez clearly beat Chavez JR.. Chavez wasnt throwing anything he didnt have confidence tonight (until the 12th).. I like both fighters but what makes me mad about Canelo is that he does not fight any top fighters.. He either fights fighters in lower weight classes or 40 year fighters ready to retire.. I wouldnt mind if he wasnt champion but hes the WBC champion so he has to fight the best in the division.. Hopefully he fights the Cotto VS Trout winner next (I think he beats both of them)

[URL="http://www.exercisetrainingstore.com/trx-rip-trainer.html">trx rip trainer workouts

i think that the martinez's fans and supporters are going to eat mucho crow. His @ss da double fudge away, the soal jccj is gonna blow. It will be no contest. Sm's optical illusions have work on many who are not in da know. Now it is time for that unforgivable jive to be put to rest. Sm's boxing con will be exposed from the down low. holla!

whammy!

I've grilling my crow in Rev. Big George Foreman's bar-b-cue grill. And I'm making it tasty with some of Evander Holyfield's "Real Deal Bar-b-cue Sauce." So fo'get yall muthasuckas. Holla!