Andre Ward-Chad Dawson CA Press Conference Quotes

BY The Sweet Science ON July 09, 2012

282July 9, 2012 Oakland, CA - Today at Oracle Arena in Oakland Calif, undefeated WBA and WBC super-middeweight champion, Andre "S.O.G." Ward (25-0, 13 KOs) and WBC light-heavyweight champion, "BAD" Chad Dawson (31-1, 17 KOs) hosted a press conference to discuss their upcoming championship bout, taking place September 8, 2012 at Oracle Arena televised live on HBO Championship Boxing.

"The road I've taken to this point has not been easy.  Being back on HBO is a big thing, but fighting on HBO in my hometown is huge.  To be great you have to fight the best.  Chad has beaten the best so these are the type fights I want to take.  I will put on a great show for all the fans that come out to Oracle Arena." - Andre Ward

"This is a big fight for me.  I know their will be a huge crowd for Andre, but I'm not afraid.  I'm happy to be the underdog in this fight.  I haven't been the underdog in a long time and I'll do what I have to do to win this fight" - Chad Dawson

"This is the type of fight that makes a crossover superstar. Nothing will get in Andre's way, no chatter, no nothing.  He is focused on this fight!  This is why I can't to see 17,000 fans in Oracle Arena on Sept, 8.  It will be filled with electricity.  Andre is a special fighter and Virgil is the Zen Master." - Dan Goossen

"We all saw what Chad did to Hopkins and I believe Dawson is the better fighter.  The winner of this fight is no doubt going to be a superstar.  I'm so confident in this fight Goossen can have his six brothers be the judges.  In this fight you have two fighters who hold belts, who are steroid free, who are young and will bring their best on fight night" - Gary Shaw

"Weight training shouldn't take the thrill of the victory away.  It's a battle to get to 168 lbs for both fighters.  While other fighters are playing games not taking fighters, these two have stepped up.  Its going to be a great fight for all the fans" - Virgil Hunter

"I'm very exited to be involved with this fight.  You go two prime, hungry, young guys ready to go at it.  It will be a tactical fight and Chad will be ready.  I think Chad and Andre are going to mix very well.  I think clean combination punching will be Dawson's advantage." - John Scully"

Hum! I cannot get excited about this dance. I think that SOG is gonna have an easy night with drained-arse SBC. Holla!

deepwater says:

Easy work for ward. He has the killer instinct , bad chad thinks a bit too much and doesnt close the show

Easy work for Ward LMAO!!! If Dawson can make 168 comfortably Ward getting scrape. Dawson knows how to beat a fighter like Ward cuz he just beat Hopkins. Alot of boxing fan are full of sh*t and here's why. First they bitch about the best not fighting the best then when they do match them up (Dawson vs Ward) they call it boring WTF!! Its called the sweet science for a reason.

SCLA Ali, SuperBad Chad barely beat a near-50-year-old B-Hop. A 25-year-old B-Hop would have KAYOED him. SOG Ward is going to Mack SBC into his bytch for da night. Holla!

dino da vinci says:

@Radam. I'm stunned you don't see the potential in this fight.
@Deep. This fight may be a lot of things, but easy won't be one of them.
@Ali. John Scully will give Dawson a workable plan on how to win this scrap. of course, Virgil Hunter will have none of that. Ali, you are very right. Props to both sides for taking on such a dangerous assignment.

Radam at 175 Hopkins ain't knocking out Bute so ain't no way in hell he's going to stop Dawson. Styles makes fights and i think as long as has his head on straight like it was against Hopkins Ward is taking his first loss as a pro.

I'm at a BIG lost to what you are talking about, SCLA Ali. What is this jive about Hopkins and Bute?

@DDV, even at the O-Games, a 165-pound SOG whup da hebejeebeez outta of the light heavyweights. Now, as a seasoned, slick pro, he is gonna beat the skates on drained-arse SuperBad Chad Dawson. No way that SCD can come down seven pounds and be comfortable with a slicker, a$$-kicker like Andre "SOG" Ward.

Again, SOG is gonna make easy work out of beating the snot outta SCD in Oak Town. On SCD, SOG is gonna make a pathetic clown. Get READY to LAUGH your arse OFF! Holla!