Malignaggi Likes Cotto To Beat Mayweather

BY Michael Woods ON May 03, 2012

LN8I1836photo courtesy Teddy Blackburn

I found one! I found someone picking Miguel Cotto to beat Floyd Mayweather. Paul Malignaggi, who just came back from the Ukraine holding the WBA welterweight crown which was being held by Vyacheslav Senchenko, told me he likes the Puerto Rican hitter to upset "Money."

Malignaggi, who gave Cotto more than he expected when they met at MSG in 2006, but exited the ring with a broken right orbital bone, said that the Saturday clash is basically a pick em fight, but he is leaning toward Cotto. Yes, it will be near impossible for Cotto to win a decision in Vegas, Floyd's turf. But the 31-year-old Brooklyn-bred boxer can see Cotto stopping Mayweather, late, maybe off a body shot.

"If Mayweather doesn't lose to Cotto, he doesn't lose," the new champ said. Cotto will make Mayweather rumble, he said, make him know he's been in a fight, and is a more difficult foe than Manny Pacquiao would be, or Victor Ortiz was, he said.

By the way, if you only checked out the last round of the Malignaggi-Senchenko fight on YouTube, you might have wondered if notorious "let em fight" ref Steve Smoger pulled the plug too quickly. Nope, Malignaggi said. "His body language was changing, going from trying to win to 'I don't want to be here.' I was not surprised by the stoppage. Right before the stoppage he looked at Smoger. His look said it all. I saw it. Steve will let you fight...if you want to fight."

Please feel free to follow TSS on Twitter here.

deepwater says:

paulie knows boxing. I hope cotto can do it. Im putting 50 down on cotto to win 250.

Paulie is spittin' righteously! Money May is no doubt in a REAL fight -- not that imaginary bullsh*t that his agents and groupies be hallucinating about. But unless Cotto cleanly knocks out Money May, I doubt that he will get a win. The corrupted powers that be are Money May's chief tiny cojones riders. Hehehe! And in Money May, they see no arse thrashing, hear no realities about the fading Money May and speak no truths about how he's bullsh*tted his way outta dancing with many pugilists, including Da Manny. Holla!

Pactards on TSS got some nerve to bring up corruption when Pac just got a gift decision SMH!!!!

Another thing Paulie said is Mayweather would beat Ray Robinson and was the best fighter of our generation. Now triple O.G do u still thinks he knows his boxing? Ha ha ha your a funny dude I aways find myself laughing at u.

deepwater says:

50 cent the rat fink punk and mayweather like jewelry and coach bags just like chicks. 50 cent pulled the wool over peoples eyes just like floyd tricked you guys into thinking he is all time pound for pound. not even in the top 20. 50 cent was a informant against the supreme team.no snitching 50! . hey wait.... didnt floyd beat his kids and told them not to snitch after he choked his baby moma? maybe floyd should smack the government witness 50 cent for pretending he is a gangster. " im ready to die for 50 cent because he got shot 6 times and got up"

deepwater says:

how the f would pauli know that 50 cents girl would beat sugar ray? nonsense.

You are really slow up in membranes, SCLA Ali. I've never wavered from thinking that Money May could beat the late, great Sugar Ray Robinson. A lot fighters did, could and would beat SRR. And Paulie is 100 percent RIGHT. And you need to check your syet, down in your mudhole, like always, SCLA Ali. Paulie said that Money May was the BOXER of [this] generation of pugilists. It is a GREAT distinction between a boxer and a fighter. But you apparently don't know syet about boxing, and would not know that. But it is all good. We luv ya,' South Central Looney Ali. Hehehehe! Ya' aight! We love to get on our DARNS and DAMNS after you post. Holla!

Deepwater u said he knows his boxing if u really believe that then I assume u think he's right about Mayweather beating Ray Robinson.

Triple O.G that post was for deepwater..

B-Sug, Real Talk, where y'all at they trying to jump me on TSS HELP!!!!!LOL

Deepwater will take your arse in deep waters, SCLA Ali, and drown it with knowledge. Dude, you're outta your league. I think that you better let it go. "It's looks like another...T-K-O" of your knowledge-weak arse. Hehehehe! Okay, SCLA Ali, I'm having a timeout on you until after the Cotto-Mayweather Bout. Don't be hidin!' Holla!

Triple O.G LOL I man up. u went into hidden when Ortiz got that two piece. Deepwater know what's up I actually like alot of his post but im the Mayweather of TSS...THE MOST HATED BUT STILL I AIN'T NEVER BEEN FADED...

ANONY says:

Wow... some things never change here. I see Radam G still jabbing and sweet-insulting people, deepwater ready to blast and Ali trying to make sense.... LOL. Good to be back here. Where is Donputo69, salt, the english guy who changed his name and the others?

Anonymous what do u mean trying to make sense?

deepwater says:

hey ali, paulie was in the ring with cotto so he knows first hand , he never even met sugar ray so how could he have any knowledge of that? anyway. i hope its a good fight either way, if mayweather stays on the back foot and doesnt engage it will be a very boring fight

deepwater says:

oh yeah. prime hector camacho would of outboxed mayweather. mayweather no where near top 20 p4p