Mayweather Slams His Dad, Oscar and Ortiz On 24/7 Episode II...WOODS

BY Michael Woods ON September 03, 2011

HBO_Mayweather_vs_Ortiz_24_7A stark contrast in personality and training methods of Floyd Mayweather and Victor Ortiz popped out in the second episode of Mayweather-Ortiz 24/7 on HBO.

Viewers saw Mayweather working his "Money" persona, counting stacks of money in a hotel room, with his pal 50 Cent. Floyd and 50 did a silly skit in which they used stacks of money, money won on a preseason football bet, as phones. They processed the beef we saw last week, between Big and Little Floyd, and it must be said, I've seen less funny skits on Saturday Night Live...during the Denny Dillon era.

"I could care less what my father is doing," he said, mentioning that if he never spoke to his dad again, he'd be fine, and that the tiff would only make him fight harder on Sept. 17. Sad stuff, no matter what you think of Mayweather.

Mayweather said that Victor Ortiz is "petrified," and mocked Ortiz' explanation for his loss to Marcos Maidana.

Ortiz looks relaxed as he hangs with a pal, and they listen to tunes. The underdog goes to LA to tape the Piers Morgan show. He hangs with Oscar De La Hoya, who appeared with Ortiz on the show. We saw a highlight from the show, a clip in which Ortiz says he feels no fear, because he grew up in such tough circumstances.

Ortiz was shown at a workout, and it is loose in there. He and trainer Danny Garcia do double dutch jumproap, and then Ortiz blazes through a jump-rope flourish to end the workout.

Back in Floyd's camp, Cornelius Boza-Edwards looks after Roger Mayweather, whose health has worsened because of diabetes. He explains the legal charges he's facing, an assault tag stemming from a physical clash with a female fighter. "She hit me," he says. Edwards drives Roger to Quiznos to get a sandwich, which he calls a "sammie" and that confuses Edwards, who thinks he's referring to "salmon."

Roger attends anger management class, but no camera is allowed in. "Same old s---," Roger says after the class. Hope the judge doesn't watch 24/7...

Danny Garcia then is seen working with Ortiz. "You're the man, you're good. It's very important to rest," he tells Victor.

Oscar then visits Ortiz in Ventura, where he works out. This is right after Oscar admitted he'd considered suicide, last week. He tells Victor that Mayweather might turn old overnight, and that he has fought old guys, such as himself, and little guys, like Hatton and Marquez. "Mayweather should be the underdog," Oscar tells Victor.

Ortiz gets a massage, not one of the ahhh variety. We then see a tattoo on his back, and he tells viewers that it stems from his dad. He had his last name on his back, but removed it when his dad told him he was proud of seeing his name on his son's back. Since his dad left his kids in the dust, Ortiz said to hell with that, and covered up the name with a design.

Mayweather then gets in a workout, at 1 AM. He says it is his third workout of the day. The workout ends at 2:30 AM. He sings a ditty, which contains a line going out to his haters. They won't get their money back from the PPV, because it's non refundable, he sings, in a manner which would get him rotisseried by Simon Cowell.

We see Ortiz and his bro Temo. They are tighterthanthis, no surprise since they hung tight when their mom and their dad jetted. We then see Danny Garcia, and he says he looks out his back window, and he sees his brother Robert, in a house right behind his. They haven't spoken in four years and two weeks ago, had a beef and the cops came. Again, sad stuff.

Ortiz slaps Mayweather for burning money in public. "If you're really that careless about money like that then who knows where the rest of your life will take you," Ortiz said. "I don't think he could quite handle the adversities I have."

Mayweather runs, and tells viewers that his father was a crap fighter, Oscar did coke and Victor looks like a Victoria's Secret model.

they could have omitted following Roger to his anger managment class, I wanted to see more training footage. Ortiz comes off a real nature boy leading his band of rag-tag misfits to an long shot,... epic,...and storybook conclusion on September 17, Could they pull it off?...... We'll have to see.

Mayweather has very carefully sidestepped many opportunities to slam Ortiz verbally. ...Chosing to focus on 3-a-day workouts instead... which shows that he respects the challenge Ortiz brings..

Floyds Camp clicks like a well run business, complete with jaded boxing experts.. a battallion of beefy bodyguards and a few choice hangers-on for entertainment value ... and former champ Boza Edwards... hired as an employee of the gym.. it's hardcore boxing all the way...

Ortiz's camp maynot have the frills or limitless budget but they are an inventive lot and appear to be accomplishing the same goal thru improvisation.. The fact that Danny can see his brothers backyard (Robert Garcia) over the fence yet they still haven't spoken in years shows a little disfunctionality lingers in the Ortiz camp as well... but they wouldn't be fighters if they had perfect lives... I really can't wait to see this encounter.

Optical illusions are HBO's strong propaganda and bullsh*tology to sell this financial failing bout. Cornball Bozo-Edward is the lying sucka who encouraged Uncle Roger to study up on "Filipino A-side Meth from the internet." Bozo the clown -- I mean Edwards -- has not gotten over the fact that "The Pinoy Bad Boy" knocked him da fudge out and took his alphabet title belt back in the day. Bozo-Edwards is so humane to serve as a seeing dog for the going-blind Uncle Roger. Holla!

Real Talk says:

You can't help but root for Ortiz coming from all that adversity not having any parents and coming back from being written off by boxing scribes and the talking heads wrote him off. America loves a comeback story. I waiting to see if Floyd is fighting for money or legacy like he say he is. I know it's both but which one is more important or which one is more of the motivational force? I see Ortiz doing the plyometrics and the variety of workouts which cause muscle confusion and keeps your workout fresh and keeps your body growing stronger and not hitting plateau. Ortiz looks like he's loving what he's doing so is it really work? My little brother likes Victor Ortiz's story and feels his struggle. His father wasn't there either an eventually died from sleep apnea so he identifies with him. We may be looking at a new Mega star on the rise an sa changing of the gaurd. Floyd better wake up and be on his A-game come Sept. 17 cause this youngin is ready an is fearless and Floyd to me looks like he's dimming a lil bit and distracted. This seems to be another day at the office for him but to Ortiz this is his moment of truth to show the world what he's about an he has a big chip on his shoulder and something to prove. Only thing Oscar saying he will win is somewhat the kiss of death, at least it has been in the past. Floyd has been the sharpest to date in the welters.....well maybe....he didn't fight Cotto when that was the mega bout, he didn't fight Pacquiao when that was the Megabout so who's to say. He did step on Mosley when Pac wanted no part of him and Cotto wanted no part of him so I give him credit for that and he was calling out boxings best for years so it's somewhat of who's to say. I'm like enough with the talk of you've been dominating boxing when you aint been fighting the best the whole way. In the NFL it's the two best teams that went through the best opp. to get to the top NBA the same so cut the jokes. Manny aint do it and Floyd aint either so I aint trying to here none of that, the promoters pick'em. We know that. The past is the past. Ortiz has been busy an Floyd hasn't. That hook Ortiz has is checkbook and he has the power to finish Floyd if he hurts him and the killer instinct to do so unlike Mosley did for whatever reason....make of it what you will. Floyd better box smart for 4 rounds and be on his A-game or Master boxer craft or we might be seeing an upset...lights out. I'm looking forward to seeing Either man against Pacquiao who hasn't foght a younger stronger fighter that I can remember ever. just catchweight clashes and come straight at you made to order guys. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new blood and young lions can do. Will they knock these guys off the throne or will the future HOF'ers and seasoned vets give them boxing lessons. Time will tell. Dueces

It is all about the PRIZE, not the pride. Later for Vicious Victor O. If he destroys Money May severe, da heck if Da Manny is gonna fight dat fightin' fool. Repeating the mistakes of others ain't being a MAN. A real MAN boxer doesn't care about what the fans think. VVO can have a great career without Da Manny. Ducking ain't bad, it is being smart. Holla!

"If" Radam? Are you backing off of you upset prediction?

I dont believe anything Otiz is saying.....Him saying Floyed is good not great is b.s.....I see right through this guy hes really not sure if hes ready for a fighter like Mayweather but hes trying to talk him self into....He said when he was 9 he would be the first guy to beat Mayweather that means Mayweather was 19 and had how man fights what 3 theres no way he would have known that mayweather would still be unbeatin....this guy is getting exposed sep 17.

ali,...sounds like you wants to know if Vic can walk it like he talks it............I have to agree with Mayweathers twitter remarks about getting tired of the "Victor Ortiz Story",.. it's a very compelling example of his determination, grit, and willingness to assume the role of an "OverComer"... But having the paragraph about his experience of being abandoned spoken nearly every time his name is mentioned is getting pretty old. Almost as tired of hearing about Edison Miranda being abandoned by his crack smoking mom and having to eat rats for dinner(when he was a major contender). Many boxers come from these kinds of back grounds and worse. Not trying to diminish his victory over the circumstance... just saying there has to be more ways to Promote and Market Victor Ortiz than treading over that well worn path...If I want a dose of tragedy in my intertainment,.. all I have do is watch a replay of "Precious".... If he beats Mayweather they never have to use that sad tale again.... he'll have the greatest accolade a Boxer could have to precede him into every fight... " I beat Mayweather"............... But the fights not over yet,.. we'll see if Floyd is truly ready as he says he is... don't miss it.

Whats up brownsugar....i agree with u about hbo over doing his story it great that he over came those odds but damn....hey I heard someone say that this fight reminds them of the roy jones vs tarver fight.....roy was 34 also and fighting a southpaw they both rely on there reflexes alot does this fight remind u of that.

I just went to other web site an guess what I see a story about the lie ortiz is telling..... saying when he was nine he would be the first guy to beat mayweather.. ... Come to find out mayweather wasnt even a pro fighter at the time....im telling u this fool really dont believe none the sh$# that hes saying....ortiz is full of sh#$.

Shoulder Roll Defense says:

Floyd getting old over night is like Victor Ortiz becoming great over night, POSSIBLE, BUT HIGHLY UNLIKELY! The Ortiz that beat Berto has too many flaws to beat a "game" Mayweather. Ortiz got hit by Berto on a consistent basis, so unless the kid has changed over night, I'm not buying the hype! Ortiz has power, but does he hit any harder than Mosley? Mosley is old, but power is usually the last attribute to fade on a fighter. Ortiz knocked Lamont Peterson down twice, but couldn't finish him and was out boxed during the championship rounds. I predict that it will take about 5 rounds for the ring rust to wear off of Mayweather and then we will be watching a boxing clinic. Mayweather will win a UD and tell the world that if Manny agrees to the testing stipulations, we can expect a fight. On the other hand, Bob Arum will start his B.S. about who can administer the test (WADA vs. USADA) and ruin the negotiations! Just my point of view folks, I can't wait for September 17th.

Shouder Roll, I think Ortiz hits more regularly than Mosely... or Judah,.. question is ...........can Floyd get out of the way... if he can last till round 7 he'll have a chance of executing a marvelous stoppage.

FighterforJC says:

LOL. What's a matter? You reaching for something? Nervous that the chump Ortiz might expose the bigger chump Mayweather? LOL.

FighterforJC says:

LOL. what's the matter, afraid that the chump ortiz is going to expose the biggest chump pretender in the history of the sport, Mayweather? lol. So your point is, don't believe Ortiz when he says he will beat mayweather, correct? lol. Keep hanging on, it's okay, this, too, shall pass and there's a good chance fraud will keep his fabricated, meaningless "O." lol.

@ShoulderRoll....... Jones never showed the same level of commitment and courage that Floyd........plus he never practiced the fundamentals of boxing. Jones hung around Hollywood to long when his skills started fading. Duran vs Leonard 1would be a better comparison although they were both better than Floyd and Ortiz. Roach dismissed Ortiz after using him to help Pac get ready for a fight because he was putting some serious hands on Pac... finding articles from Roach on the topic is not hard at all .... even Pac admitted publically tha Ortiz was a handful. So Floyd has his work cut out IMHO.

@the Roast. Check out my more than 970 posts. It is very clear WHAT I said about this BOUT between Money May and Vicious Victor. I've never predicted jack, other than Victor Victor is gonna probably whup Money May's butt, and that the money lover will get a GIFT decision if he is not kayoed or stopped on cut. I stick by whatever I say or said. And ali is full of syet. Money May was a pro in 1997 when Victor Victor was nine years old. I'm always amazed at ali's awesome bullsh*tology and simpleton gimcrackery. Dude is such a hater with his proudful gewgaw. Holla!

Ali I answered your post on my reply previous to this one but addressed it to ShoulderRoll accidentally.

B-Sug, don't believe that balderdash. Freddie "Alway READY" Roach never dismissed Vicious Victor for putting serious hands on Da Manny. The kid couldn't touch Da Manny, and Da Manny was clowning and frowning, and STILL the kid's arse he was DROWNING. Boxing is full of sightings that never happened. I guess you can say that the game is a religion where miracle jive happen that everybody talks about, but nobody sees. TRUST me! If VVO was ever putting serious hands on Da Manny, there will be a video all over Youtube and everybody's else tube, just as there videos all over cyberspace of "The Pittsburg Kid whuppin' da hebejeebeez outta of Money May. Holla!

RG, These interveiws are easy to google,.... I don't think Roach and Pac would lie about Ortiz's effectiveness against Pac. Plus Ortiz was averaging about 156lbs at the time ... just too big and strong...and nobody wanted to have the media publicize that Pac had to give up the $1000 bonus for knocking Pac down in sparring.

I agree, B-Sug! Google how Top Notch Trainer Freddie "Always Ready" Roach says that Da Manny constantly gets his bullsh*t on with sparringmates instead of whuppin' da heck outta them a lot of times. This is why the grand arch-master trainer clear everybody who doesn't matter outta of the gym when he want Da Manny to get serious. As I said precious, if Vicious Victor has kicked Da Manny's butt in a sparring session, it would be on Youtube just Amir Da Great Khan whuppin' of Da Manny is on Youtube and all over cyberspacey. Holla!

Real Talk says:

Did I do that?!?! Set it off in this muthafugga. Radam G you scared of the boy Ortiz getting inthere with the Manny LOL. I know the catchweight king won't fight the young Lion but Floyd is which is why we all know who the truth is and the real P4P King is walking through path in the wilderness. Moving the bushes out the way, stepping over knocked down trees and cutting a swath to the throne in the arena it's dark in the jungle but the lights are on the horizon. It's a young lion in there hungry foaming and drooling fangs hanging waiting on the gladiator to step forth. The crowd roaring, whipped into a drunken frenzy ready to erupt into a fever pitch. It won't be the first time the gladiator has stepped into the ring to slay the one put in front of him. Blood sweat n tears for years...it's time. We will see if he gets mauled or will he slay the monster while the emporer Pac sits and watches in the seat that was ordained for the Gladiator. Are we not entertained >=-) Dueces

I'm not scare, Real Talk. I'm just talking REAL TALK from being a true gamer of the game. You oughta give me da Real Time award. This game is prizefighting, not pridefighting. Besides, the catchweight king in boxing is Jack Johnson and Homicide Hank Armstrong. Catchweight fighting for prize is why the game added 12 additional weight classes. There are only eight original divisions in the Queensberry's Rule of the hurt bitnezz. So calling Da Manny a catchweight king is weak. Sugar Ray Leonard won two divisional titles in the same night by fighting at a catchweight, but it was all more for the prize than for the pride, and it will never be done again. No boxer should ever be hated for being small and super smart and making dat moola, so dat they can get on their hoola-hoola. There is no reason that Da Manny should fight Vicious Victor other than for a fat check, then Da Manny will be inspired to whup dat young arse for da BIG PRIZE, not the small PRIDE. Sadly the poor has a lot of PRIDE. I guess this is why they are often BROKE as heck. Holla!

Real Talk, check it out. Ducking is so smart that heavyweight champion Jack Johnson said that he was drawing the color line against Joe Jeanette and not fighting his 150lbs-pound a$$. Jeanette has beaten JJ a few times and was not worth the moola or the risk to fight for the title or one's health. The game is dangerous. Later for pride and give the fans a thrilling ride. So, my man, you see that the game has a long history of smart prizefighters -- not pride ones. Holla!

Just askin RG. I have read many of your nearly 1,000 posts. You are the Derrick Jeter of TSS. Only 13 posts away from history. Make sure you make number 1,000 a homerun.

Mayweather had his first fight in oct 1996 so get your facts straight mr im never wrong when it comes to boxing....Now the point I was making is he lying period and I say y cuz hes full of u know what.....if Mayweather aint great in his eyes y did he think Mayweather would still be unbeatin 15/16 years later did he even know who Mayweather was at that time I really doubt it.....Damn radam g if anybody sounds like a hater its u....Im just good at noticing when someone is being fake.

As I said, Mayweather, aka Money May, was already a professional pugilist in 1997, ali. I know when he had his first professional fight in 1996. I was there. Where were you? Besides, you must be a genius! 1996 is before 1997, dud! Ali, you have some type of serious reading comprehension disorder. Everybodeee and dey momma see you making a fool out of yourself. Give up the smart-arse behavior. It is misserving you. And once again, Vicious Victor was nine years old when Money May was in the pros and won his first title belt. You need to stop hating and your tough-guy jive. Like Irish GOAT Ali use to say to the late, great Howard Cosell, "Can't you fight?" And do you have a bush, or just a shine? Hehehehehe! C'mon, MAN! Let's be friends. And once again, I'm 100 percent CORRECT, and you're 100 percent WRONG, because you be hatin' and not relatin!' Just ask somebody. You heard of getting a second opinion. Everyone and his cousin know that. You know me! I'm into OPP! Do you know what OPP is? Holla!

FighterforJC says:

LOL. Ali is the epitome of Mayweather fans. Blind, stupid and uneducated.

Damn homie u r really a idiot...what part dont your dum ass get Ortiz said he would be the first guy to beat mayweather how would he know mayweather would still be unbeatin 15 yr later. My point there is no way he told him self that he telling a damn lie....PS Mayweather first fight was in 96 not 97 period u were wrong admitt it ......another thing u wasnt at Mayweather first fight u and Ortiz lie for no reason at all

LOL. Ali is the epitome of Mayweather fans. Blind, stupid and uneducated.

Let me ask u somethen do u really think he said that at 9?
Now if u do....we know whos really blind, stupid, and uneducated.
Now if u dont believe him ask yourself y would he lie about somethen like that.

FighterforJC says:

Let me ask u somethen do u really think he said that at 9?
Now if u do....we know whos really blind, stupid, and uneducated.
Now if u dont believe him ask yourself y would he lie about somethen like that.

Sorry, I can't answer that. It's too complicated. I'm still trying to figure out which comes first, 1996 or 1997. LOL.

Wow ali,....I see your gettin all the Mayweather love today. Saw the media workout on Ustream yesterday. The workout was lite,..but he let his hands go a little. While drpping a few verbal bombs.

LMAO!!!! your a funny guy ....I really get a kick out of reading your quotes.

yeah I know Mayweather has slowed down a bit but I think he still going to whoop on victor ortiz.

Ali, you have a serious reading disorder. I was at Mayweather first pro fight in 1996 and his last amateur one in the same YEAR -- 1996! What in da FUDGE is WRONG with you? Are you really that hateful that you think that you can fool this Universe on all da ridiculous jive you spit? Chillax! Because you know not what you are doing, and how you are looking. Money May would not even look at you. He has said so many times that he doesn't "like dumba$$ ______!" Ali, you know what time it is. Quit making a ____ outta yourself. Can you fight! Hehehehehe! Or you paid? Hehehehehe! That is what I thought! Holla!