Pacquiao, Not In Vintage Form, Gets UD Over Defensive Mosley...WOODS

BY Michael Woods ON May 07, 2011

Pacquiao, Not In Vintage Form, Gets UD Over Defensive Mosley...WOODSChris Farina

This one won't get inserted in the "classic" section of the Manny Pacquiao scrapbook. Pacman was not in vintage form against Shane Mosley Saturday night, though credit has to go to Mosley, the cagy vet who defended masterfully in the main event at the MGM in Las Vegas. The fans booed in rounds six-nine, and again after the final bell, showing their dislike of slow sections of the bout. Mosley came to stay alive, not thrive, and provide thrills as he promised. The judges saw this mediocre scrap, 119-108, 120-108, 120-107, for Pacquiao.

After, Manny said leg cramps hindered him, while Mosley said he thought he did a pretty good job, and wouldn't blame age for the loss in front of 16, 412 fans.

Pacquiao (age 32; from General Santos City, Philippines; 52-3-2 with 38 KOs entering; titlist in eight different divisions) weighed 145 pounds, while Mosley (age 39; from Pomona, CA; 46-6-1 with 39  KOs) was 147 pounds. Pacquiao's WBO welterweight (full 147 pound limit) belt was up for grabs. Duane Ford, Dave Moretti and Glenn Trowbridge were the judges, and Kenny Bayless was the ref.

In the first, both men were a bit cautious. Manny's straight left to the body worked early. Mosley assessed Manny's speed, and looked a half step behind. Neither man had a commanding jab.

In the second, Manny got a sweat going. He looked to put more punches together. Mosley felt the power and speed more than in the first.

In the third, Manny scored a knockdown  with 1:15 left. A one two did severe damage.

In the fourth, Shane landed a right upper. But he ate, as Manny's hands were to speedy for him. He defended fairly well, giving enough head movement to minimize Manny's impact.

In the fifth, the two clashed heads for the fourth time, no cuts occurred. Manny gave Shane a little time to shine. It was a bit of a breather round for Manny, though he still won it. Shutout Pacman, to this point.

In the sixth, the crowd booed lackluster action. A straight right from Shane and a snappy jab touched Manny. This wasn't vintage Pacman to this point.

In the seventh, more boos. Mosley's head movement, and nimble feet, made it hard for Manny to land as clean as he's used to. The crowd booed after the round.

In the eighth, Manny missed with his right hook. More boos from the crowd. Shane landed a counter right. It must be said, his reflexes were much, much better than I expected. A left hook tagged Manny behind his ear. Not a bad round for the elder at all.

In the ninth, the crowd booed, not liking the lack of trading. A clean one two from Manny made them happier at 45 seconds to go. A left hand snapped Mosley's head back and Manny fans cheered.

In the tenth, the crowd got tired of seeing the men tap gloves after inadvertant butts. Shane scored a knockdown, which wasn't,  with 1:10 to go. He was off balance and no blow caused it.  A Manny combo hurt Mosley right after, after Manny woke up.

In the 11th, Shane moved more, as Manny was intent on hurt.  In the 12th, the fans booed again. Then Manny put combos together, though Mosley stayed defensive. The fans booed hard after the closing bell.

FOLLOW WOODS ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/#!/Woodsy1069

SPEEDBAG Did Manny miss some animosity? Did he like Mosley too much?

mortcola says:

Well, just after I was thinking that Pacquiao might have been carrying Mosley out of all that friendship and compassion they invested in every hug and glove-tap; and then wondered whether in fact Pac had finally peaked, turns out that Pacquiao was having severe leg cramps for most of the fight which hindered his movement. Explained it for me. As for the commentators talk about Mosley being an old fighter who couldn't pull the trigger - physical, not mental - I say the opposite; Mosley was sharp with counters and had a quick stiff jab and savvy defense....he just mentally refused to open himself up after being dropped by "power like I've never felt before". Yes, he's past his prime, but that's not what happened in there. When asked about Mayweather, I wish Pac had answered that first Mayweather has to decide whether to be a professional boxer and not just a celebrity gambler. But the man is seriously nonchalant and modest.

FighterforJC says:

That look in Mosley's eyes after the knockdown. It was like he suddenly just realized what he was up against.

DaveB says:

Mosley's face looked almost as bad as Margarito's and Cotto's. It reminds me of when guys used to fight Tyson, if you are unwilling to commit you end up taking a beating anyway. Yeah, you may have gotten knocked out by engaging and you may end up surviving the fight but it still ain't really pretty because you end up taking a worse beating, but you do keep your pride so lesser fighters (which are almost anyone else) will continue to fight that way. Fighting and standing their ground, especially for a lesser talented fighter with good power, is the only chance they have even if it is a small one. After they ruled the knockdown on Pacquaio he turned into Attackio. The look of Shane's face after that round what like - What we are not friends anymore? The only last laugh he gets is the paycheck. Now the only fight that makes sense is with you know who. He is the only fighter who is on Pacquaio's level. Every other fight is just a waste of time. I'm glad Arum is running out of BS opponents.

Robert Curtis says:

Pacman has fought the last legend. I take nothing away from Shane. He went the distance with the best in the world. If he had dared more, he might have won, or perhaps lost a lot earlier and bloodier. I don't want to judge men who train hard and take the risks. My hasty prediction of a Mosley upset may have been sentimental. Leg cramps, schmeg cramps. All athletes have injuries and problems. If Mayweather doesn't step up, Manny ought to retire. If he waits another five years for serious competition, he'll get it.

pacman is a monster and has ridiculous power, he caught shane bending over and back and when the impact of the punch landed it compressed the nerves in the cervical spine which is why shanes limbs went in different directions like a dog on ice.

this was a response to the central nervous system shutting the system down out of
protection....that is some massive power manny has.

give a lot of credit to manny, shane looked sharp and had a great game plan, he actually followed the correct strategy for giving himself a chance against pac....

pac is just too good and that vicious power took shane off the gas pedal and put
him on the defense.....

and rightfully so..

people will say shane is physically gone but i dont see it. sure his legs arent the same but he was sharp and even landed a very good right to the body early that pac felt and had to respect.

people should not discredit pac for fighting an old fighter, pac still dominated even
with leg cramping and a good strategy against a too much defensive mosley

buy my God, is Shanes gf not beautiful?? ha

Big Daddy says:

This fight was Doo-Doo. All of the glove tappin' and smiles made me sick. This wasn't a Fight but a Business Transaction instead. Which we the Fans funded. I'm TOTALLY Fed UP with Manny's Tour of No Hopers and the Over the Hill Gang. Now he wants another Old Man next.. Marquez. And at 147!!! Because of course he's gotta stack the odds as much as possible! SHEEeee-IT!!!!!

Mosley throw some damn punches!!!! His defense was on point ...his stamina was good ...His jab was decent ...He just didn't pull the trigger....Mayweather would beat the breaks off of Pac if he couldn't really hit a 39 year old Mosley with clean shots what is he going to do against Mayweather...NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Um. Yeah.

Actually he hit Shane with a lot of clean

punches.

michaelabii says:

The fight was a dissapointment surely. Mosleys trainer had a great strategy of having Mosley hook off Pacmans left right with the right hand but Mosley was too tentative and really fought too defensively through the entire fight. I think its time we stopped being fooled by what we think Mosley might be capable of doing and realize that its time for Mosley to retire. No one should have to pay pay per view premium fees to watch a legend who is no longer capable of giving a big fight effort. Mosley was a great fighter and has earned big pay days but its time we stopped enabling his dreams by not buying any more ppv fights that he is involved in. Pacman, though not awesome in this instance continues to amaze me with his willingness and fighting instinct to the last bell. Now, that other guy called Mayweather - we all know he can fight and is talented but I do doubt his absolute desire to lay it all on the line. I may be wrong but I feel that will be the defining factor in any Pacman / Mayweather fight.

@amayseng....No he didn't!!!!!!...He hit him with few clean shots but nothing that had Mosley in any kind of trouble after he was knocked down ....I think Mayweather hurt Mosley more times during his fight then Pac did in his fight with Mosley....

I almost forgot....I want personally thank Shane Mosley for bringing his old lady to the fight....and I would like to thank her for wearing that dress wow!!!!!!!!

MisterLee says:

Is it possible that over working with alex ariza was the cause? or running hills too early in the training camp? I mean he looks super cut, but remember, there has to be flexibility, and muscles have to be well rested to perform well. I'm not saying he "over trained" per se, but perhaps he trained too hard in one aspect of the game, the opposite of what happened in the margarito fight (lack of muscle made the punches hurt more). Holler!

Waking up at 1:15 p.m., Western Standard time. I didn't take my partyin' arse to bed until 8 this mornin,' and my stomach and head are still stormin!' Anyway! Another one bites da dust. But these myths and lies and playa' hatin' coming from these Pac-haters will continue, you can trust. A brain is a terrible thing to waste. But doing it, these jokers make haste. For fantasy and make-believe, they luv da taste. They're so entitled -- and maybe delusional -- that on their foreheads a metaphoric ____ is pasted. I'm reminded of the people who say it was Prez [Little] George Bush who caught terrorist, knucklehead Osama, and that Lil' George deserve all the credit, and Prez O deserves absolutely none. WTF! A cesspool of interposition and nullification shines bright in mudholedness.

Boxing -- in its orgin -- is a sport of gentlemen. For too long, it has been hijacked by misfits, fake-tough guys like young Mike Tyson, Sonny "Night Train" Liston, the young "Big" George Foreman, gangsta-posing Money May and a few other cats, who don't get it. Sugar Shane and Da Manny were straight-up old-school with the respectful glove slapping before the rounds and after the rounds. [No real fighters need to hate each other to put on da whup-arse.] C'mon TSSU fine pugilistic scribes, don't you guys think that you ought to old school some readers, so that they can be positive feeders. Kudos to Sugar Shane for rising and lasting the distance.

Money May will continue to let his fanfaronades have a fill on the mythology about him. He is an arch-master illusionist with them. But he knows that the shoulder roll, two-step stroll and head-drop-south fold will get him knocked da double fudge out by Da Manny EARLY! Sugar Shane rose like a rising sun, but Money May would be overcooked like a burned-up hamburger bun. Outside that squared jungle, the Fam May's optical illusions will continue full steam on Money May's blinded-by-b______s audience. Money May and Fam May remember very well what happened to Uncle Roger when he tangled with Rocky Lockridge. Go to Ancestry dot com and holla at RL's origin.

Fam May knows what time it. [I bet when Da Manny knocked da Sugarman down, that Money May was sittin' in that "Big-Boy Chair" in front of his "Big-Boy Screen" in his "Big-Boy Mansion" shakin' and tremblin' like a little boy b*tch, while huggin' two quarters -- I mean "50-cent." Money May oughta STEP up like a MAN, and quit knocking down your babies momma. Bitin' off and twistin' Cool LLJ's spit: Momma' say ta' step up and be BOUT, BOUT, instead of playin' with the minds of the naive and fanfaronades! I rather not see da whuppin' dat Da Manny would put on Money May, but I hate that Money May gives his fanfaronades fuel for a lot of their hatred and bulls***. Money May is my boy. Da Manny is my peeps. Holla!

They sit on their butts, and about Money May, so powerful is their TALK. But their Pied Piper, near or off that cliff, he'll never walk. Fam May gives them a foul-mouthed trash-talking and fibbing fill. For he knows that his fanfaronades are happy with a marginalized illusion. And don't care about a legit conclusion. Da Money May's myth of beating the Manny without ever fighting Da Maney is their pot of gold. On some fanfaronades, anything can be sold. Holla!

Rumors are that Money May is running from Da Manny, and is fighting the new WBC champion Victor Ortiz at the Palace near Dallas in August. I hope that this is true, and maybe Vicious Victor can pull another upset. Then Money Dumb -- I mean May -- would call out Da Manny. Holla!

FighterforJC says:

That's nice that you know what was going on in Shane's mind and body during the Pacquiao and Mayweather fight. All I know is what I can see with my eyes, and that is Mosley running away from Pacquiao like a little girl while against Mayweather, he was more than willing to walk into punch after punch.

Real Talk says:

@ Radam G, I knew Shane was going to take an L. All the stuff I typed was to hype the fight. I got a lil bit of promoter in me. I had a feeling either Mosley would throw it or simply get outworked by the busier Pacman with younger and BETTER legs. I didn't watch the fight, I'll catch it next weekend. Dueces

Real Talk says:

If May is fighting Victor Ortiz in August that's the smartest move he can make to get ready for a showdown with Pacquiao. I'm taking Floyd if they get it on cuz Floyd has too much in the arsenal. Skills and sharpness an is the complete fighter. P.S. This aint promoting. Dueces

Aww man Real Talk, whats this promoter talk? What about all the little TSS readers out there that believed you? Thought Shane had a chance? You dont work for Jin do you? What a letdown. Come back Shane...why you running away?

#1 PacFan says:

Pacquiao once again shows us time and time again that he belongs up there amongst the Greatest of the Greats. What surprised me the most was that Mosley came into the fight looking to box Manny. You can forget what he said about him feeling Manny's power in the first round because Manny didn't really land anything in that round. Their whole gameplan was to try and catch Manny off balance. He deceived the public by saying he was going to go forward and try to knockout Manny. He was totally on boxing mode and after the knockdown in the third he switch to survival mode. I know I said I wasn't going to give Manny any credit for the win but I saw a very patient Pacquiao in there. He really improved on how to fight a boxer. Look at the fight and you can clearly see that he knows how to find holes while fighting a guy on the move. I really am afraid for Marquez at this point. Manny will tear him up good and that's a bold statement from me. After tonight I really believe now that Manny will beat Mayweather easily. Not because he beat and old washed up Mosley. It's because I saw Pacquiao being a lot more patient finding his spots and mixing up the punches from top to bottom.

#1 PacFan says:

Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao after he watches the highlights of this fight. It may not look impressive but that knockdown alone will make him...more excuses to come.

#1 PacFan says:

I think Mayweather will get hit just as much when he tangles with Pac. Mayweather doesnt throw enough punches to stop Manny off his tracks. Manny landed 182 punches on a guy who was backpedalling all night long. Mayweather wont be able to backpedal all night. He will lose I gurrantee you that. A couple of years ago I would say a 50/50 fight but as Pac looks to improve every time out his chances against May are increasing. Better hope May stays retired my friend.

#1 PacFan says:

If Mosley was as aggressive as when he fought Mayweather Mosley would have been out of there. Mosley threw more against Mayweather twice as much I believe. Mosley stood in front of Mayweather compared to him running all night against Pac. If you can find the logic in that I'll give it to ya.

If I've said this once I've said it a hundred times. Floyd dont want none. He will not fight Manny.

#1 PacFan says:

I believe it was due to overtraining. From the get go Manny was intensely focused and Roach couldn't slow Manny down in training. Manny legs explains everything about him as a fighter...his footwork...power are from his legs...runs his butt off which compliments his conditioning.

#1 PacFan says:

I totally agree with you on that lol.

#1 PacFan says:

I hope you're right about Mayweather fighting Pacquiao because Mayweather is the icing on the cake to Manny's career. Now I'm seeing what RG has been saying all along. Manny wins in easy fashion if not by knockout. This will also prove to all the Pac non-believers out there.

Floyd might fight the flawed but inferior Victor Ortiz. After winning he will say he wants Manny but then he will pull his usual BS. Stall for 10 months. Smack his baby momma. He just wont fight Manny. He doesnt have the balls. Mayweather has a ton of skill but he just doesnt have the balls. Thats the bottom line. I'm sick of Floyd.

#1 PacFan says:

Nailed the coffin with that post Roast. I mean come on what are you afraid of? What makes another fighter believe that he's on steriod after seeing a so and so performance from Pacquiao.

JD201 says:

Ali

One look at the Compubox numbers of Money vs Shane against Pac vs Shane will show you how selective your memory is.

Look at the post fight pics of Shane after both fights and again you will see how wrong you are.

Dream on.

As is Fam May, many of Money May's fanfaronades and loyal followers are full of bulls***! If Da Manny is no mystery, Da Money May ought to get in dat squared jungle and claim da victory. All Money May has to do is step up and man up and FIGHT! But he won't, because his game ain't tight. He suffers from fright. And he cannot sleep at night. Those in da know KNOW! Those who are not, just pretend and sh** crow. And put on an amazin,' blazin' sideshow. And in knowledge, reality, actuality and honesty, they'll never grow.

I'm reminded of what my old uncles, Mamoy and soon-to-be-a-100-years old Fufoy say:

"El que es gallo, en cualquier gallinero canta, no? [He, who is a rooster, sings in any chicken coop?"> Tama ang sinabi sila, talaga! I'm also reminded of what my four-year-son Denzoy says:

Punong walang kabuluhan kay Mayweather. Takot na takot siya! Pinakamalaking manuk siya, talaga! [Mayweather is full of nonsense and a scary, big chicken!]

I know that you Money May-nuthuggers don't and won't listen to the wisdom of the elders or a sharpness of a child. Whatever! Money May and Fam May know what time it is. Dat'll be PAC-TIME! Yall musta' fo'got! Holla!

Everybodee and dey momma, brotha, sista and dog name Gravy Train can destroy Da Manny until they get in dat squared jungle with him. Then he put da Pinoy whup-arse 'em. Then the Pac-haters just call up another illusion. These suckas will never have a conclusion until Da Manny retires. Then they will say that he could not beat so-and-so, and that is why he retired. Suckas luv their darken mudholes. They can never see da light. Holla!

ANONY says:

I don't come around here much lately but I'm always glad to read your comments guys. My personal opinion is taht SHANE WAS A SHAME and I don't agree he "did good or enough" against Pacman. Sincerely, he did worst than fighting Mayweather and was toooooo boring cautious. Truly it was the worst fight I have seen him while he truly had a good chance against Pacquiao and didn't take it because... because... because.. well, he only knows. He looked scare to me and surviving for the rest of the fight after being down. I will advise Shane to retire, I mean, he doesn't need to prove anything else to anybody. Funny thing is that he was always very "macho" calling top names and crying why he doesn't get the big fights. Now it is proven that he is not competing up to the level anymore so what's the point. Even fighting Cotto he was throwing and look ready for war but this was the shadow of that fighter three years ago. Thank you Shane but it is time to hang them up. No need to be a gate keeper. Everybody should agree Cotto gave Manny the hardest fight and with good defense, he could have won the fight to Pacquaio. Man... if he could only get his hands on those asian herbs Manny is eating.... I mean, Pacquiao doesn't get tire and keeps going and going.... even after clean shots from Cotto, Margarito and Shane... that's too suspicious. Even unbelievable.

i love shane, he is one of my favorites of all time...but he did not do much of anything to cause manny to fatigue or exert himself so of course manny looked fresh and vibrant. why would manny look tired? he wasnt pressed much at all.

drop the ped crap because it isnt true.

also, as far as shane continuing to compete i think he should call it quits. actually, physically he looked sharp with great speed and sharp punching, but after the knockdown he just DID NOT attempt to go for anything...nothing really at all and his punch output was dismal

i love shane, but if he is gonna run for 9 rounds then what is the point in fighting..

if he isnt there to try to win then why fight?

i know for a fact that pacs power was the reason shane didnt want to take a risk, but after this performance shane wont sell a ppv ever again....

unless he knocks out ortiz or a young lion, and i dont see that happening.

glove slapping ain't old school...what the hell is you talking about that sh*t it was do all that after the fight...

Iseen the numbers....But more importantly I seen the fight and Pac didn't really hit Mosley with clean shots ....Mosley has been in alot of wars thats why his face was a little swollen.

Once again, in the words of Uncle Roger, "Most people don't kno' sh** 'bout boksin!'" I was just looking at an old bout of Sugar Ray Robinson and Carmen Basilio and they slapped gloves several times. Don't take my word for it. Go and check it out on Youtube for yourself. And holla at tons of other fighters from the 1900s to the 1990s. Fanfaronades and agitators think that they can post anything on the NET and that no sharp-eyed know somethings will checkmate them. Well, you are not in the Outter Limits, but the inner limits of the best boxing Universe in cyberspace. Holla!

Some people are also in deep, deep self-denial. Mosley got his arse torch. He face was clearly swollen from clean Pac-shots. Money May knows what time it is. He doesn't optical illusion jive of internet _____. Where is the Saint. He was so right about a certain reader. Dude is clearly has issues with E____y. Da Manny will beat a slick, fighting Urbanite on his worst night. Holla!

ultimoshogun says:

Well, I was really hoping Mosley would bring it in this fight and make it exciting but apparently just surviving was good enough for him I guess...Over on Fighthype Floyd says he's not fighting anyone, and the Ortiz rumor is untrue....good to see ya back Salt!

SALT_LOVER25 says:

Good to see you too ultimo. What's up?

Yeah bring back the "Saint". Bring him back. Bring any dirty, racist, loudmouth back. Doesn't matter the garbage he had on his mind every time he wrote. Just bring anything that can help us defend the "Manny". As long as he's defending "Da Manny", then he's cool even if he's writing offensive remarks that got him canned from this site. If he's insulting or opposing "Da Manny" then he's a so-called "fanfaronade" or an "agitator" even if he said Pacquiao performed very good. Tremendous double standard.

Point is unfortunately Pacquiao has become a god to some loudmouths in this site, it's so obvious he's the only reason they are yapping all they think they know. That's what happens when your country doesn't have NOTHING special, and a boxer comes to picture and now you think you are an expert in a sport, and makes write a whole bunch of nonsense nobody gives a damn about.

Let the so-called "fanfaronades" and "agitators" talk all they want. Anybody can say whatever they wanna say, and express all the doubts they want to express. If somebody insults your idol, then just pass reading.

And no. "Da Manny" CANNOT beat a slick boxer. Mosley is a slugger masqueraded as a boxer.

mortcola says:

@SALT - So, Pac "can't beat a slick boxer"?. He's never lost to one, not since Morales, who is not what the critics have in mind by "slick". Boxing wisdom says a good banger beats a good boxer. And power thrills, but speed kills. Pac is better than all other bangers at banging. He is faster in his banging than all other speedy boxers, or equal to Mayweather in speed. He uses more angles and counterpunching than most boxers ever attempt. He has the power for one punch KOs and for bone breaking accumulations. His boxing technique has improved immensely over the last five years, and is at least as developed as nearly any welterweight boxer you could name. Whatever his flaws, and I know them from in-depth statistical and metaphysical analysis conducted on my proprietary software, he has shut down, KO'd or broken down everyone. So, break down the logic for me. By what process of deduction, induction, reconstruction or suction to you make the expert statement that Pac "can't beat a slick boxer?". Or, does this mean that if Pac beat them, they weren't slick boxers? I mean, come on, dude, you just made a big loud noise about so-called experts saying things beyond their expertise. Bring it. BRING IT!!!!!

SALT_LOVER25 says:

Hey Mortcola! What's my man?

Dude just give me a sec I'm doing something right now, all right? Just give me a sec...

mortcola says:

@Salt - nice to see you - I'm smiling while I write. BRING IT!!

There is but One God, and a lot of jealous human clowns, who are full of satan, and are in a mudhole very near him in this world and the next. They're demonstrably immature, fantasizing [may be misspelled] that they are entitled, but are trapped in a marginalized existence of make-believe and bulljive. In cyberspace is the closest that they will ever get near movers, shakers, money-makers and the classy elites of the world. Mudholeness must be miserable blindness to make someone constantly tell the same lie over and over again. Da sucka luv drama and trying to cause trauma. Those doers of it always end up on the bottom, or metaphorically go the way of bin Laden. ST6 all day. Thanks to be archmaster SEAL RM. Much luv ta all da dawgs of ST6, especially da P-Boys.

Danggit! Editor Mike, I got an odd feelin' that a storm of intolerance and instigating is brewing. Harden bigots are finding their way to this new world. But the good thing is that my IP tracker is the state of art. Besides this new TSSU is clone-proof. Da suckas won't be cloning, but I suspect that they will be using umpteen pseudonyms. Some people just cannot grow up and accept change. Mark my word, EM, you are going to have to give out a very hard warning. Holla!

Laughing at clowning is too much for me. I'll definitely put some knuckleheads on block, so that I will not need to pass them by. I will not even see them. Don't you just love technology, and how the Asians make it buzz with greatness? I'm reminded of something. But I will not tell. Holla!

ultimoshogun says:

If by "slick boxer" we mean guys who have that uncanny ability to avoid getting hit like Floyd or Pernell Whitaker, then i'd say it remains to be seen how Manny would stack up...Unless one of Manny's opponents prior to his first Barrera fight was considered a slick boxer I don't think he's fought one...I think the clash of styles is what makes this matchup great...Include me in the group that believes Floyd would win with his reach advantage and slickness playing a major factor.

Wow! Love of that salt gives you high blood pressure which leads to diabetes of the brain. That is some bad jive. I guess somebody is showing up and angry because Obama got Osama. ST6 double tapped dat joker in real space. And his followers in cyberspace, who thought that he was a GOD -- "fanfaronades and agitators" can comment all that they like. I know that they believe that their God Obama is in paradise gettin' his freak on with 72 wide-eyed virgin. NYET! Some people will believe any piece of s***! But they don't know s***! And in the words of Uncle Roger, "Most people don't know s*** 'bout boksin!' So they spent their time attacking readers and boxers. I guess their temp job played out, so they're BACK!

mortcola says:

@ultimo - Two of the GOAT defensive fighters can't be the regular definition of slick boxers....it is always a question whether one great can handle another great with a different skill set. This is one reason why a fight between Pac and PBF, Floyd be willing, is such a good idea. Whose phenomenal skill set and character overcomes the others? But, by any normal definition, Mosley, Cotto, DLH, Barrera, and Morales are each in their own way very skilled boxers who have the skills to avoid sustained punishment except against the very, very best. Of course, no one ever got over on ANY of them the way Pac himself did, with the exception of Margarito's tainted victory over Cotto. Remember, Leonard, Benitez, Robinson, Ali, Pep, Holmes, Walcott, all of them different types of GOAT slick boxers ALL took serious punishment in their efforts to fight the very best and most dangerous. As would Floyd, if he weren't a part time fighter and sought the challenge that would define him as a fighter and as a man in a better way than he is at present.

ultimoshogun says:

@mortcola, thanks for clearing that up...I wasn't sure what the general interpretation of "slick boxer" was...makes sense.

After every round b.s

Radam G ....You sould be more direct when you post your comments...You talk alot of sh*t but 99% of the time nobody knows who your talking about....Put it out there..

Whoa whoa WHOA!! Wait, what do I see? Salt? Is that you? I thought you was... Oh Salt! (breaks down into tears) Where have you been? I've been worried sick! Six months go by? You dont write, you dont comment? Its OK none of that matters now that you've come back to us. Have you seen Andy? AFN? I took a trip into the mists but I couldnt find him. Give me a hug man, now step back, let me look at you, have you lost weight? Dont ever leave us again! XD you mutha...

mortcola says:

Anybody going to IBF convention in Vegas?

FighterforJC says:

Good to see you too ultimo. What's up?

Pacquiao is now the BLAXICUTIONER. Ya dig? Word. Tada. Tada. Tada.

FighterforJC says:

Yeah I do miss his bad grammar and utter ignorance. Makes us all look like we have at least above average IQ.

Ditto FighterforJC! Blaxicutioner is something that I censored myself from posting because these in-self-denial bigots would call me to be lynched. Their sick hatred, covert bigotry and racial dislike shine bighter than the BIGHTEST STAR -- the SUN! Holla!

@Ali, I heard that if the shoe fits, wear it! "Ya HEARD!" Time to move on. Holla!

#1 PacFan says:

Welcome back Salt. Sure glad to hear that you bought the fight even though you're such a big Pac critic. I don't sway more on Pac just because of compubox. I believe Manny negates his opponents jab from the right hook. Manny won the fight not because Shane was old but because Manny was able to take away Mosley's jab. Manny was cautious of Mosley's right but because the jab wasn't there Mosley used that right to cover up.

Hello TSS personnel, how ya'll been doing. It's been awhile.

Regarding this fight I must say that whilst Pacquiao failed to accomplish his mission [Everybody let's be real: what he and his team were trying and what his fans wanted him to do, whether they are happy or not now, was to KO Mosley], fact is that he dominated the whole fight. He was purely offensive and was doing just what he needed to do to win the fight. That's the most important thing to do, win.

I disagree with some out there, in and out of TSS, that Pacquiao didn't perform well. He did perform terrific, and awesome. There is no question about that. I payed the $54.99 to watch the fight, and I enjoyed the fight very much, even if there was no action as usual in Pacquiao fights.

However, I must also disagree with the assesment that of comparing Floyd vs Mosley and Pacquiao vs Mosley, and saying that Pacquiao will beat Floyd because he landed more punches on Mosley. Well, of course he's gonna land more punches, that's because he's an OFFENSIVE fighter while Mayweather is purely defensive.

That Pacquiao landed more only tells me that Pacquiao is an offensive minded boxer, while Mayweather is defensive. We all know this.

To me the whole dynamics of a fight has more weight on determining who has the higher chance of the winner of a possible fight. That's much more important than power punches, punches thrown, punchstats, etc. Given this I still think Floyd dominates Pacquiao, and the reason the fight hasn't been made is purely economics and egos involved between Mayweather Jr and Top Rank, Inc. which also brings the debate of whether it's a good idea that a boxer goes independent or not.

I also agree that the Mayweather family, despite their vast knowledge in this sport, should avoid degrading comments against Pacquiao. He's doing exactly what he has to be doing.

Floyd Mayweather Jr (41-0) is, alledgedly, scheduled to fight Victor Ortiz in August. I don't know about that, but if True then I see a very good tune-up for the Pacquiao clash: a young tiger World Champion, WBC Title holder with whom Floyd has very good relations, and maybe most important of all.....a lefty.

And Pacquiao, after taking out most of the Welterweight Division, can rest if he wants to, though I don't think Arum will let him do that.

Checkezzz!!!

#1 PacFan says:

You mean to tell me that Mosley was already swollen before the fight? LOL.

#1 PacFan says:

Wow! I'm I reading this right? Roast looking to make a leap in my p4p list.

My bad Mort.

You mean to tell me that Mosley was already swollen before the fight? LOL.

Shane was old when he fought Mayweather but not when he fought Pac wow!!!!

What ever the hell that means

mortcola says:

I forgive you, #1Pac Fan. Roast'll earn it on his own soon, I can feel it.

?confused?

Shane was old when he fought Mayweather but not when he fought Pac wow!!!!

#1 PacFan says:

@Ali, did you see Mosley's face after the fight and at the post fight conference? The sunglasses weren't big enough to cover up his bumps and bruises on his face. He needed more like a face shield. My prediction would have been spot on if Mosley would've fought in the first 5 or so rounds. But I'm glad that he didn't stop Mosley because I believe he would have been more criticized for stopping a very old man. IMO this was just another opponent...but I was happy to see how he worked trying to fight a man going backwards. He was very selective on his punches and was not out of position too often.

Latest Articles