A New Record For Manny Pacquiao!

BY The Sweet Science ON April 20, 2011

MPalbumcoverEditor Mike's contacts have indicated to him that "Sometimes When We Touch," the Pacquiao/Hill version, is setting up to be THE prom song of the season!

A NEW RECORD FOR MANNY PACQUIAO!

Manny Pacquiao & Dan Hill CD Single/DVD Duet of

“Sometimes When We Touch” to be Released April 28

LOS ANGELES (April 20, 2011) – As eight-time world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao prepares for his May 7 WBO welterweight title defense against Shane Mosley at the soldout MGM Grand in Las Vegas (Live on SHOWTIME PPV®), he’s also looking forward to a career move of a different kind: the release of his CD single/DVD Sometimes When We Touch, which will be available to the public next week, Thursday, April 28.

Last October, weeks before his astonishing 12-round unanimous decision victory over Antonio Margarito, Pacquiao interspersed his training in the ring with sessions in the studio to record the unforgettable iconic ballad Sometimes When We Touch with the same production team that brought the song to the top of the charts in 1977. With songwriter and original singer Dan Hill in his corner, and producers Matthew McCauley and Fred Mollin, Pacquiao delivers a passionate performance that shows the warmth and courage in the boxer’s heart.

Now one of the most-recognized names on the planet, Manny Pacquiao has been driven to achieve more than most people can even daydream about. He’s a devoted husband and father of four, an elected congressman in his native Philippines, an actor, a singer, and of course, one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Let Manny Pacquiao continue to amaze you with his knockout performance on this CD/DVD.

Check out a preview at www.mannysings.com

Get it Next Thursday! April 28, 2011, on iTunes and Amazon.com.
jpg of cover attached

*******************************************
Episode No. 2 of the four-part series Fight Camp 360˚: Pacquiao vs. Mosley, debuts on SHOWTIME This Saturday! April 23, at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

The Pacquiao vs. Mosley pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, has a suggested retail price of $54.95, will be produced and distributed by SHOWTIME PPV®. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. For Pacquiao vs. Mosley fight week updates, log on to www.sports.SHO.com or www.toprank.com .

Yall know what time it is. I don't need to scribble more. Holla! P.S. My list of the greatest singing boxers of all times. 1. Jack Johnson. Da cat could cut a note. 2. Oscar De la Hoya. Big Money O can sing his arse off. 3. Fil-Congressman Manny Pacquiao. Da Manny is DA MAN! Enough said. 4. Max Baer. Dude could sing. But he was a terrible actor. His son Junior, who played the character Jeffro on "The Beverly Hills Show" of the 1960s, could beat his pops acting on his worst day. 5. Larry Holmes. He was aight. 6. Joe Frazier. But his singing was not "Smokin'" like his boxing. 7. Muhammad Ali. The Greatest of All Times was not quite a GOAT in singing, but he was aight! 8. Sugar Ray Robinson. He could sing as good as Money May can rap. But they are tied for woman beating and opponent ducking. 9. Roberto Duran. Most people don't even know that "Iron Fists" could cut notes in English and Spanish. 10. Marvelous Marvin Hagler. He can sing in four different languages, and he is a darn good actor in Italy -- his adopted country. Holla twice. Life is so nice. Holla!

#1 PacFan says:

Manny can do it all.

Robinson was actually a better Dancer Radam,.. during his self imposed exile in France Robinson performed as a professional dancer. Said it kept him fit during the long layoff. .. even Roy Jones got on the mic... all professional fighters want to be either a movie star or a singer... why not take advantage of the opportunity while it's here. he won't be champ forever.

Ditto dat, B-Sug. Sugar Ray Robinson could dance much, much better than he could sing. I almost put that there. SRR was also a decent movie star, just as Da Manny is. Sonny "Night Train" Liston and GOAT Muhammad Ali were decent movie actors too. Sugar Ray Leonard was so terrible that his roles got cut out before the releases. Dude could tap dance, but he couldn't act. On the 1990s' comedy TV show, "In Living Colors," they used to mock da Sugarman's acting and expressions of speaking. Da Manny cannot dance outside dat squared jungle. When it comes to floor dancing, he ain't got the right rhythm. Holla!

Big Daddy says:

Manny's a Jack of All Trades and but a Master of One...

Radam,.. your last comment reminds of the old school cult favorite song by the Funkadelics called "UnFunky Kind of UFO"... Manny may not have rhythym as we know it... but his off-rythmic style is wreaking havoc in the welterweight ranks right now. I'd say that's a plus.

William Hung laughs at Manny's vocal abilities.

FighterforJC says:

A duet with Dan Hill. I don't know, that sounds kind of g a y. Are they like singing and looking into each other's eyes saying, "sometimes when we touch?""

The Roast was gonna get together with England Dan and John Ford Coley for a duet of "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight" but one of them has recently died and the other guy just isnt up for it. Maybe Radam can introduce my to Pacquiao and I can sing it with him since he likes the 70's puss songs.

Anything is possible. But I wonder if the Roast can bring it -- I mean sing it? I hope that he is not one of those shower singers, who use the soap for a microphone and the cascading water for his audience. Hehehehehe! I'm reminded of how Sugar Ray Leonard's brother Roger "The Dodger" use to croon in the showers. The water started booing his arse and the toilet started flushing. The Dodger shoulda' been dodging those notes, or SRL shoulda' bought his big bro a singing and voice teacher. Holla!

Wonder no more my friend! I am a pretty good singer, if I do say so myself. You shoud have seen me in the roaring 80's, I had the best mullet of all time! Now stop thinking about me showering.

Hehehehehe! The Roast is one wilding comic! He never fails to crack me up! And I know that I'm not the only that is gettin' my laugh on! I heard that laughing is good for the soul. The Roast must have one heckuva soul, if the maxim is true. Holla!