HBO To Replay Morales-Pacquiao ('05), Khan-Maidana

ERIK MORALES VS. MANNY PACQUIAO 2005

& AMIR KHAN VS. MARCOS MAIDANA 2010

ON HBO2 ON BACK-TO-BACK WEEKENDS

AS A SPECIAL PREVIEW TO THE UPCOMING

MORALES VS. MAIDANA AND GUERERRO VS. KATSIDIS

PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT

March, 18, 2011 – Leading up to the junior welterweight  showdown between Erik Morales and Marcos Maidana – set for Saturday, April 9 and broadcast live on HBO Pay-Per-View® – HBO Sports will present exclusive replays of two riveting showdowns that highlights the remarkable skill and will of these  competitors.

On Friday, March 25 at 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT) and Saturday, March 26 at 10:00 a.m. (ET/PT), HBO2 will replay Morales vs. Pacquiao 2005. Then on Fri., April 1 at 11:50 p.m. (ET/PT) and Sat., April 2 at 10:30 a.m. (ET/PT) HBO2 will replay Khan vs. Maidana 2010.  Morales defeated Pacquiao in an extremely close12- round unanimous decision victory on March 19, 2005.  Meanwhile, Maidana gave the fast-rising British sensation Amir Kahn all he could handle in Las Vegas last December in 2010’s consensus “Fight of the Year.”

Both fights will be available 24 hours a day to HBO On Demand subscribers. Morales vs. Pacquiao 2005 will be available from Monday, March 28 through Friday, April 15 and Khan vs. Maidana 2010 from Monday, April 4 through Friday, April 20.

On April 9 at 9:00 p.m. ET/ 6:00 p.m. PT, HBO Pay-Per-View will present Morales vs. Maidana and Guererro vs. Katsidis live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV.

FighterforJC says:

LOL. HBO trying its hardest to de-value Pacquiao by airing the last fight he lost. How come they're showing Maidana's losing effort against Khan? Shouldn't they air Maidana vs Ortiz? Or how about Morales vs Pacquiao 2?

BoxAnne says:

Probably when you are trying to sell a Morales PPV, Morales beating Pacquiao is what you show. Not to say they don't resent MP as well, but, if I were selling a Morales PPV, that's what I'd show, even tho' I like Manny Pacquiao.

@BoxAnne, ditto you. I agree. Ya gaddi goin' on, GIRL! You know your boxing. Never mind that haters, busters, fakers and faders have convinced themselves that you and I are the same. But that is because they don't know JACK about IP trackers and tracking. Holla!

Another disgraceful PPV. I will be shocked if Morales gets out of the first round. When was the last time HBO had Morales on the airwaves? They know he is beyond done. I'd like to hear Lampley or Kellerman try to build the excitement before the fight starts with astraight face. They should just be honest. Morales needs the money so he is willing to take a beating to get paid. I hope for a once great fighter like Morales gets taken out quick. I hope the ref isnt Smoger, Mercante Jr, or Cole.

FighterforJC says:

Then why show a replay of his opponent losing? Just to show that Morales has a chance of beating Maidana? Why not show Maidana beating Ortiz, that ought to sell a Maidana PPV.

Morales is well known. Only boxing fans know Maidana. I'm presently in SoCal, around San Diego way. And everybodeee and dey mommas keep asking who in the heck is Maidana? "The Argentine guy who just lost to Amir Khan," I holla at. OOooo! Is their response. HBO is doing smart promoting. Eyeballs in front those small screens and butt in seats will show up just for curiosity sake. The Pinoy who kayoed Da teenage Manny, fought not too long ago in the Philippines and drew a mad crowd and mad money. This was just because of his notoriety with Da Manny. Holla!

Latest Articles