Caption Fun: King, Arum Together Again

BY The Sweet Science ON January 18, 2011

Have at it, TSS Universe.

Jan. 18, 2011, New York, N.Y. ---  " TOGETHER AGAIN" ---  Hall of Fame Top Rank promoter Bob Arum (R) and promoter Don King appear at an promotional interview in New York City Tuesday to announce their first co-promotion in five years. Arum and King will be announcing a SHOWTIME Pay Per View extravaganza, headlined by WBA super welterweight champion Miguel Cotto defending his title against two-division world champion Ricardo Mayorga, Saturday, March 12, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.  --- Photo Credit : Chris Farina - Top Rank  (no other credit allowed)  copyright 2011

Editor Mike says:

"Both men checked their hands after, making sure that all their fingers were present."

I'm reminded of Pepper and Salt, or is that Ebony and Ivory. "Don't let dat handshake and dat smile fool ya! Dey're only tryin' ta screw ya! Smilin' faces...Smilin' faces tell LIES." Beware! How much is dat fare? Change is definitely upon us. Two of the greatest promoters in the history of the game is showin' da luv, unity and respect. What's next? Time will tell. But a rat, I smell. Holla!

Arum: You know,.. I really am sorry about taking the Whole Heavyweight division from ya,.. but Lovee wanted that 100 foot Yatcht so badly she could taste it,.. if it's any consolation,.. the Klitschos took the entire Heavyweight division from me over to Europe..... King: That's all right son,.. I'm getting ready to ensconce the entire junior Middleweight division from you and GBP after Hier Apparent, the Great Devon Alexander Brutilizes Bradley with an immaculate KO on the 29th of January.... Arum: Who you callin' "son"? kid,.. Ima year older than you! ....King: Yo mamma!

Isaiah says:

Arum: Hey, Don. Did you know that there's people today calling Manny Pacquiao the greatest pure boxer since Muhammed Ali? King: I guess Sugar Ray Leonard must have been a figment of my imagination. That's nothing. I hear they're even calling the Pacman the GOAT. ::Both men snicker:: Arum: Thanks Don. I needed that laugh today. So.... I guess these Flomos and Pactards never heard of Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Henry Armstrong, Muhammed Ali, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Harry Greb, Sandy Saddler Ricardo Lopez, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Marvin Hagler or Roberto Duran. King: Nope, anytime before Mayweather turned pro in 1996 just didn't happen. Simple as that to the brainwashed masses. Hey, did you hear the one about the guy who called himself greater than Ali or Robinson, yet ducked and chickened out from Freitas, a 140 pound Hatton, Tszyu, Margarito, Cotto, Clottey, Cintron, a young Shane Mosley, Collazo, Berto and Manny Pacquiao? Arum: How's ole KenDUCKy Floyd Chicken Mayrunner doing nowadays? King: I hear he's still beating on women and children, poking security guards in the face, injecting drugs in his hands, being surrounded by rear end kissers and ducking anyone with a pulse. How about Manny? Arum: Oh, you know... He's fighting old Mosley because I'm a greedy SOB who knows how to make money off a name. Boy, I'm glad Sugar Ray Robinson isn't alive in his welterweight prime today! King: You said it! He'd beat the living tar out of Pacquiao and Mayweather on the same night and then its, bye, bye meal ticket.

Arum :I see you moved that bum Bundrage to a title. King: so what you're about to maneuver a pretender, Chavez jr into a title shot soon. Arum: keep smiling and looking straight ahead, nobody will ever know.

King: "where do think Suliaman gets those diamond,Emeritus,Interim, and Emerald belts from?" Arum: "judging from the smell, outta the crack of his arse,......Bwaahawhaahaa!

FighterforJC says:

Oh I get it. I'm supposed to make something up that's funny, like Arum and King actually said it, or make some funny caption about the picture!

Pete Egley Jr says:

You write lyrics Radam G!! Poetry. Great stuff!!

Pete Egley Jr says:

The boys are back in town!!!

Latest Articles