Mayweather Says He Spoke To God, God Answered

BY Michael Woods ON June 01, 2014

Mayweather

Normally around this time, us keyboard tappers are giving the man the digital ink he so craves while trafficking in the topic of who's next...or maybe something TMZ has unearthed.

So, this latest Floyd Mayweather "news" is interesting if only from a novelty perspective.

Early Sunday morning, Mayweather, the 37-year-old last known as "Money," now tagging himself, in that Puff Daddy-to-P-Diddy fashion "The Best Ever," let loose this doozy on his social media accounts: "Yachts, private jets, foreign cars, mansions, unlimited shopping sprees, and I am just getting started! I spoke to God last night and I asked: "Is there a problem with how this lavish KING is living down here on earth?" and God said: "NO it was already predestined."

My first reaction, upon seeing the references to goodies, was a yawn. I could pretty much care less about the bling and the booty and the car collection and all that. I see it as lame fodder for the marketers, thrown out there to appeal to some of the most base urges within so many of us, our addiction to acquisitions of items.

My second reaction was: you spoke to God, and God answered back..and you chose to ask about the righteousness of your lifestyle, and the appropriateness of trumpeting its lavishness??

And then came the more severe disappointment. The Almighty, instead of furnishing some polite direction about the true nature of success and the like, signed off on the parading of the net worth and the trappings. What if God was one us, indeed...

Anyway, bottom line, score another one for TBE, who truly is in the mix at being TBE at manufacturing relevancy. Well played, TBE...

Follow Woods on Twitter. @Woodsy1069

deepwater2 says:

It wasn't God , Al Haymon had Sam Watson put on a white wig and robe and trick felonious Floyd .

Wow! "Lil Floyd!" My [great uncle]Tio Floy just turned 90 years old on May 28. He said since you spoke to The Big G, what is The Big G's Last Name?

C'mon, guys! Money May was probably concussed by Maidana's head butt that opened up the cut over the money man's left eye.

How does Money May knows that the voice he heard was God? It could've been the archangel Gabriel, whom Money May was hearing. And then again, it could have been the fallen angel "Anmael." She may be all up in Money May's grill since he dumped Ms. Jackson for aborting that pregnancy of those "twin boys." Holla!

Skibbz says:

Hahaha gave me a good chuckle this morning. He's enjoying the spoils of war which he worked so hard to obtain, no harm in that.. The only place he shouldn't be spending his money is in the casino. They massage their clients' every whim so it's obvious to see why he spends so much there. He might win a on occasion but it's not a viable in the long stretch.

If he got some of his money and gave it to some money alchemists then they'd give him a return in 10 or so years that would set up his kids for a long time. I say this because I've seen many people lose fortunes gambling, to have all the things they worked so hard for taken from them without remorse and the lives and dreams of their children shattered.

Sometimes it can be harder to hold onto your money than it is to make it!

Sounds totally credible to me. Some people have many gods. Depends on which god he was praying to.
If its the one that can be vacuum packed, folded, and is illegal to burn then Floyd is probably giving an honest account of his experience with the "Almighty".

thegreyman says:

Wow. The man's got so much money he's living in a fantasy world, completely cut off from reality. Wouldn't be surprised if he's blown it all within about 10 years though

Is the money putting him in a "fantasy world," or a real desire one of plentiness of just about everything he wants? Define "fantasy world" please?

I've never been able to grab on to why -- I assume middle-and-working-class -- people call the reality of other people "a fantasy world."

Help me out with the reality and actuality of what exactly is "a fantasy world." Isn't fantasy play stuff? Money May has real stuff. No bluff! Holla!

thegreyman says:

I'd say a fantasy world is one where your perception of reality differs from its actuality. If Floyd believes he is a king, and that his reign on earth is preordained by some deity, then I reckon that qualifies as fantasy.

Skibbz says:

It can work to benefit him if he believes that although his reign is preordained... He must fight to keep it. I think that's how he views it too although I could be wrong.

That would make him fight through any adversity, to give his everything to defeat any foe who comes close to taking his crown and ultimately being the fire beneath him that keeps him from getting comfortable. Sure he is frivolous and spends his money with what seems to us as disregard, but he is training when we are asleep, he is hungry when we are full, and he gives more than what he is capable in every task. No one is perfect, but in the sport where preparation and concentration are so vital to victory, Floyd doesn't miss a beat.

Money May's nowadays actuality is his truth reality. It is not a fantasy. And he believes like the typical Amerkano that he is the king of his domain. And 99 percent of the Amerkano athletes believe that they are "preordained by some deity [God]" for greatness and wealth.

Wow! You are making a stretch situation out of an American norm. OMG! All the Yank athletes are trapped into fantasy then. And it ain't bad. It is their rabbit foot or superstition that gets the job done and the money rolling in and common people waiting for their next move.

Money May is just a Jack Nicklaus, GOAT Ali, basketballer King James, movie actor Denzel Washington and billionaire Bill Gates. Money May thinks about himself and his accomplishments and life like they do and have. Holla!

Well said .... Anyone earning hundreds of millions of dollars from athletic ability alone must have a firm grip on their personal reality. Mayweather didnt win by accident and he definitely didnt wish his fortune into existence.

thegreyman says:

Too true. I always thought that that sort of mindset gave the likes of Prince Naseem an advantage in the ring. If you genuinely believe that God is with you in the ring, willing you to victory, then it must confer a huge advantage to your mental state in the fight. If Floyd does believe that God wants him to rule over the rest of us, and that he must fight to maintain his predestined course in life, then I'm sure it must be a great motivator in training and fighting.

I guess it's my opinion of religion as a whole that led me to view his words as a little delusional. In the UK we're not so familiar with our athletes speaking directly to God as they may be in the US.

deepwater2 says:

Does Felonious Floyd think God told him to hit his ex and threaten his kids?
Was God in Floyd's ear and told him to say " control your bitch!! " to that silly rap guy?
An empty type of man tries to fill the emptiness by splurging on flashy things.
It's his money and he has every right to do what he wants with it but history shows many examples of these spending habits do more harm then good in the long run.
There are no kings, most men that take the claim of king fall hard or wind up with their head in the guillotine .
I wonder if paddy power is taking bets on what year Floyd hits bankruptcy or priso.

And I would agree.

With Floyd's perception that he is "the best ever" and with the rest of the logical and rational world knowing

he would have gotten smashed by SRL, SRR, Hearns, Duran, Hagler , JCC. and that he already lost the first

fight against JLC.....well then that to me constitutes that he is not in the same world of reality to me.

I don't even need to comment on the whole "king" issue..

there is NO such thing as royalty... the "royal" family in England is a complete joke.......

No person is born "royal" with the next person being "average" or what have you

it is such a ridiculous farce in so many ways...

If America tried to impose a tax for me to pay a royal family for being royal I would stage a revolt........

Does Felonious Floyd think God told him to hit his ex and threaten his kids?
An empty type of man tries to fill the emptiness by splurging on flashy things.
There are no kings, most men that take the claim of king fall
Does Felonious Floyd think God told him to hit his ex and threaten. is kids?
An empty type of man tries to fill the emptiness by splurging on flashy things.

I hear you Deep2. I understand your not fond of Floyd... A lot of people despise the ground he walks on.

But there's not a single person on the planet who has lived such an exemplary life that they can throw stones at a man whose already served his time for doing his crimes.

Unless of course there is one among us who is perfect in the sight of God.

And society is usually supportive of those who have been convicted instead of repeated attempting to retry the former offender in the nebulus court of public opinion...... which is fruitless anyway.

Perhaps he could be punished for the "control your bitch" comment. If there was ever a law against it.
But he's already issued a public apology to Tiny immediately after he said the harsh words to TI in anger.

Contrary to popular belief...and the hopes of many...... Floyd will never be broke. Even if he squandered every penny tomorrow on a bad bet.

Once you've made it to a certain level of financial celebrity and success in this country you can earn money indefinitely from your namesake alone. Even a real criminal like OJ Simpson was selling his autograph for up to $1000 a pop until he went back to prison... And he's still earning income.

I hope no one is holding their breath to see his financial demise....You'll never see Floyd in the poorhouse

There is some crazzzzzy DOUBLE jive that goes on on the mainland USA. I run into dudes all the time that claim to be speaking to God, and God Speaking to them.

Matter of fact -- no syet -- I was at a gym in Casa Oro, Spring Valley, Cali, a couple of hours ago.

This UFC dude saw me working out and said that God Just Spoke to him and told him to spar with me. WTF! I told the dude, "NAAA! I doubt it!"

He responded: "YES, God Spoke to me and Commanded me to spar with you. I will go easy on you."

This dude was HIGH on some type of religious delusion. He then exploded and started to cuss out the gym manager when the gm intervened and told the wacko UFC clown to settle down and that he wanted no part me - Radam G.

The apparent UFC small-shot clown wasn't have it. He thumped on in my chest with with two fingers. I grabbed and twisted his fingers, slapped him in his ugly mug, and grinning like a laughing hyena, I jumped into the ring over the top rope and told him to "let go!" [I had on my handwraps. He had on those 4oz MMA/UFC gloves.]

"You and that god of yours are going to get double fudge up," I hollered like I was in a Kung Fu flick. Yall know me! I'm down with O-P-P!

Dude about 5-foot-11 and 80k climbed into the boxing ring, still full of him, rushed almost 5-foot-7, 143lbs --mean as I wanna be -- me when the bell rang. I wanted to play with him before KHTFO, so I shot triple jab, moved to the right. And as I expected, he swung a bytch right hand at me that missed by a mile. I popped missiled with a couple of more southpaw jabs, hook to his noggin and turned the hook to an uppercut to his gut, followed by a double left cross -- a shot to torso and one to the head.

Dude got pi$$ed off and rushed me like a bull. I sidestepped and he went throught the ropes and almost felt out of the squared jungle to gym floor about two-and-a-half feet below.

I let him gather himself. He called me an "evil-satan gook." So I opened up on him with about six torso shots and a nuclear hook and cross to the noggin. He dropped like a bad habit. And was out for couple of minutes before waking up and telling that he was sorry.

Forever grinning, I told him: "That's okay! But you need to quit trusting that talking-to-you version of God that you have. That invisible G didn't and couldn't help you. Because make-believe invisible syet doesn't work on people that you cannot psych out...and don't believe da hype!"

I also got back to the P-Islands without whuppin' an arse. At least no dame, damsel or doll got me in touble for following their arses to eroticism. Hehehe! Holla!

deepwater2 says:

Of course I am gonna give Floyd a hard time for saying he spoke to God and God said its good to own foreign cars etc etc and be a KING. He has a huge public platform and he brings up God for this purpose? Where was God for his misdeeds? God only comes to Floyd to tell him to spend money and be a king is as funny as Floyd playing telephone games with stacks of money with his best friend 50 cent. I stand by my original statement ,it wasn't God talking to Floyd, It was Al Haymon by way of Sam Watson in a white wig and robe. Maybe the Watson twins were singing hymns in the background while Sam was sticking his face in the camera and whispering to Floyd at the same time.

Skibbz says:

Unorthodox banger Radam G. Sometimes people just want to get beaten up... Should have told him to go eat his balut and come back when he was ready!

@D2 hahaha you got me again. You put it in a way I hadn't even clocked.. Shame on Floyd!

Dude was on me like cheap, sweaty suit. I'm just one of those guys that look like an easy take to the know-nothing-naive-never-being-around-elite-boxers public and UFC/MMA. Holla!

thegreyman says:

Forever grinning, I told him: "That's okay! But you need to quit trusting that talking-to-your version of God that you have. That invisible G didn't and couldn't help you. Because make-believe invisible syet doesn't work on people that you cannot psych out...and don't believe da hype!"

I almost got back to the P-Islands without whuppin' an arse. At least no dame, damsel or doll got me in touble for following their arses to eroticism. Hehehe! Holla!

Sounds like a lot of jive.

Skibbz says:

I wonder what Amir Khan thinks. He's a devout Muslim so he must have an opinion on what Floyd said. What d'you guys think?

Sounds like a lot of jive.

Didn't I say it would jive to people who are not in boxing environments. Knuckleheads come to gyms looking for fights all the time. They actually believe that they can fight. Or if they are MMA/UFC, they believe they can beat a boxer.

TSS reader/poster "The Shadow" can drop you some articles of lawsuits of knuckleheads who came to gyms and got beat down. ,And every single boxer, scribe and various people who go to gyms can skool you about da haps in gyms.

You see fights break out at weight ins. What make you believe that they don't happen in the gyms?

Did not even British pug David "Hayemaker" Haye slug the heck outta a fellow Brit who was stalking him at a Doc/bro K fight in Germany last year?

And didn't a S&C coach bytch kicked Top Notch Trainer Freddie "Always Ready Coach No Joke" Roach in Macau at a gym last year?

And tell me about what happen between Iron Mike and Brit Lennox Lewis back in the day at press conference? A d@mn fight broke out.

My friend, you know not da inside haps of da game in the gyms and no where else.

Where a lot of egos, wannabes, and knuckleheads full of testosterone are, you are going to have brushes.

I suggest that you go to a REAL gym even in Britain, and stare and smile at somebody too long. You will be invited to scrap by the weakest link there.

Nobody needs to jive here, because there are too many who have been there, and saw that. We know every bullsyeters who has come to this Universe and faded to black. Holla!

DaveB says:

When people say they talked to God and God answered them, how do they know it was God? Did they hear a voice or did they see a vision? And most of all when God answers them with something they have said many times before and you would expect them to say anyway, it doesn't mean jack, Jack. It is all quite pompous.

The Commish says:

Great line, Deep, about talking to Al Haymon. Had I seen it earlier, I would have ysed it on the air tonight and given you credit.

-Randy G.

In the Bible God talked to as many unbelievers and so called "evil doers" as he talked to believers. The way to know if you have talked to God is that you will KNOW something with a certainty that you had no way of knowing before.

Personally I don't have any knowledge of what context or frame of mind Mayweather was in when he said God told him it's ok to be "Lavish" with his riches. But like the Editor said, you can take the most mundane quotes on a slow day and turn it into news, if it was said by the one and only Floyd Mayweather Jr.....

But I hear from people who say they have spoken to God ...... Almost every day.

And I don't live in some vacuum where I'm isolated from the outside world. ..... I am the outside world.

Maybe that's why I'm not as outraged as some of the other TSS alumni.

Neither did I feel that Mayweather calling himself a "KING",.... offensive to me as an individual.

He didn't say he was our king, or my king.

didn't they call Hagler, Duran, Leonard, and Hearns the Four Kings?
wasn't the movie about the "Rumble in the Jungle" (Ali/Foreman) called "When we were Kings" ?
nobody had a problem with that.... so it's quite amusing to me that there is so much animosity and judgement whenever Mayweather says anything. So brace yourselves for the Don Sterling-like backlash....lol.

But I guess I wouldn't have a reason to post if everybody thought the same way.

Personally I think everybody is a KING,... (or should be the King of their own domain)

When my previous girlfriend moved in with me I only let her pay 33% of the rent and utilities.
She wanted to pay 50% but I explained that even though it's more or less a 50% - 50% relationship I could not allow her to pay 50% of the bills because she might feel like she is entitled have 50% of the input on some important decision I had to make somewhere down the line and I could not permit her to have that much power because I will always be the KING of my castle.

There can be only one.

LOL.... anybody can be a KING,.... even if it's only being KING of their own back yard.

thegreyman says:

Didn't I say it would sound like jive to people who are not in boxing environments. Knuckleheads come to gyms looking for fights all the time. They actually believe that they can fight. Or if they are MMA/UFC, they believe they can beat a boxer.

I think you need to consult one of your calming herbal remedies Radam.

I think you need to consult one of your calming herbal remedies Radam.

Thoughts are free. So are comments. Pass them up. It is not that difficult. Scrap with somebody else. Holla!

Latest Articles

pacquiaoandalgierihitdodgerstadium
cxmayweathersreadingabilitybelieshowsmartheis
hopkinskovalevnycpressertuesdayavailableonstream
oneoftheworldsbestboxingbarsisinmunich
hopehedoesbetterthan50cent
jleonlovegetskayoedonqshoboxq
boxingoddsgonzalezvsyaegashiforwbcflyweighttitleseptember5
boxingoddsmartinezvsframptonforibfsuperbantamweighttitleseptember6
emmanueltaylorwillfaceadrienbroneronseptember6
boxingoddsortizvsmatthysseforwbcsilverlightwelterweighttitleseptember6

Who's the best Mexican boxer today?

55%