Manny Pacquiao Lost the Killer Instinct, Says Tim Bradley At LA Presser

BY David A. Avila ON February 04, 2014

Pacquiao Bradley LA PC 140204 001a c1326BEVERLY HILLS, CA.-Talk about time changing everything.

The last time Manny Pacquiao was meeting Tim “Desert Storm” Bradley it was mostly about how long it would take to defeat the Southern Californian. This time there was no such talk.

A lot has changed in 20 months since Bradley took the WBO welterweight title from “Pacman” Pacquiao in Las Vegas. After all of the hate mail, death threats and name calling by poor sports, Bradley simply stepped on the gas full throttle and defeated Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez.

“He had a magnificent 2013,” crowed Top Rank’s Bob Arum about Bradley during a Tuesday press conference.

Pacquiao recently defeated Oxnard’s Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios in Macao with a one-sided effort that saw the speedy southpaw Filipino superstar win almost every round. It was a litmus test for Pacman who prior to that fight was stopped by Juan Manuel Marquez. The world waited to see if Pacquiao could return to form and he did. Somewhat.

“He’s not the same Pacquiao,” said Bradley ,who praised the Philippine Congressman for his passion and good manners. “The killer instinct is gone.”

Bradley said he studied Pacquiao’s fight against Rios and noticed that in the past Pacman would attack, attack and attack. Yes, he was facing a stubborn and hard-hitting foe in Rios, but Bradley said he could see a significant change in the boxing style of the prizefighter who captured world titles in numerous weight divisions.

Pacquiao was gracious as always and more talkative than usual. Standing by his side was Freddie Roach and Justin Fortune, who had not been a part of Pacman’s team in many years but has returned.

“This is one of the toughest guys in the world,” Roach said of Bradley. “He is very resilient.”

Bradley predicts another victory, but this time a more convincing win. Asked if he was being cocky, the champion from Palm Springs replied: “I’m just confident. Very confident. That’s the kind of person I am.”

Pacquiao was classy as ever when talking about Bradley.

“One thing is assured, it’s going to be a good fight,” said Pacquiao. “We have something to prove.”

Bradley mentioned over and over he did not appreciate the behavior of fans after he was proclaimed the victor in 2012.

“I already fought Manny so I know how to fight him,” Bradley said. “He doesn’t know how to fight me.”

Pacquiao gave a brief analysis of Bradley.

“I respect Bradley. He’s a nice guy. He improved a lot his boxing ability,” said Pacquiao, who faces a tougher challenge than their first encounter. “He proved that in the Marquez fight and the Ruslan fight.”

The Crystal Room in the Beverly Hills Hotel was filled to near capacity. It was a lot different than their first press conference back in 2012 when few gave Bradley a sliver of a chance.

“He was a 9 to 1 underdog,” said Arum. “Nobody gave Bradley a chance.”

Arum said he expects a sold out crowd and to easily surpass 1 million pay-per-views in the rematch.

“They nearly had 900,000 in the first fight,” Arum said.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, Feb. 5.

Bradley is a Cali Cranium Crusher/Big Foot BIG-bleeping idiot. But it ain't his fault. The gift and lift wins that the powers that be gave him have sent him over the edge. And he is now among the walking-living dead.

Dude has overdosed on grandeur and illusions. Now he believes that he can read Da Manny's fight character. NYET!

Bradley is going to get tore up by this Godly-Angry-and-mean version of Da Manny that will enter dat squared jungle on April's fool's month.

Bradley is the biggest joke alive. A killer instinct is something that you never lose. Bradley is so d@mn confuse. He is already "concuss[ed]" over two months before he get whacked upside his big-@$$ cranium and his arse super thrashed. Holla!

Who is "pitty pat" putting down? Like he has anything to say.

Bradley cant crack an egg, Pac puts on a boxing clinic peppering Rios into walking zombie and Bradley who was concussed 127 times in the Russian fight(I make that number bigger each time) all of a sudden is a boxing prodigy.

I think Tim is still concussed, maybe he needs a brain scan.

Money on it that he wears "running" shoes into the ring, not boxing shoes on fight night

Hehehehehehehehe! @A-seng, that was one fun funny post of straight-up truth. Hahaha! You got me rolling over laughing my arse off. People are eyeballing me and asking me WTF is so funny. Holla!

The Shadow says:

Who is "pitty pat" putting down? Like he has anything to say.

I think Tim is still concussed, maybe he needs a brain scan.

LOL that's awesome! I gotta say, Bradley brings out the comedic creativity in you bro.

jzzy says:

Bradley would be wise to keep things civil, Pacman has enough incentive with the gross decision that
took his title, further stirring his competitive juices by cheap talk will backfire on Timmy and he'll
endure a frightful beating in the rematch.

Now Tim is being quoted as of yesterday saying that he won 8 rounds to 4. Indeed he is even saying the judges didnt give him enough rounds as he is crediting himself for.

I was a big fan of Tim, in fact I still remember watching the fight feeling bad for Tim 2/3's into it that he was not even competitive and really didnt do anything to save face.

Then comes Tim and his big mouth, he doesn't realize not only is he being dishonest but he is just insulting the fans and disrespecting his opponent who in all honesty looked like he carried Tim a bit out of compassion.

Tim would benefit from being humble, he has a warriors heart but an idiot's mouth.

The Good Doctor says:

I agree with everything you say but I have to ask, what do you expect him to say? Very few boxers are honest when they get a gift decision. Listen to Paul, after the Williams-Lara fight, listen to Tim after the Manny fight, listen to Juan Diaz, after his first fight with Paulie or even Evander after his gift draw against Lennox. Unfortunately, boxers egos will often disallow them from being honest in this situation. Tim is no different. Would it be refreshing to hear him say, "I got straight mollywhopped in the first fight but I am back for revenge" but it is not going to happen.

@TGD, the-not-great fighters are that way, that you post of. Not one single great has lied that he won when he know and later saw by film that he LOST. Holla at SRR, SRL, GOAT Ali, Brownbomber Joe Louis, Old Mongoose Archie Moore, Money May against J-L. Castillo in Bout I, and the list goes on and on.

Everybodee and dey momma expect for Bradley to be a real MAN -- a seeing one. Maybe Timmy needs to get a darn seeing dog if he is that darn blind.

But dat bytch is not BLIND! He believes that he is entitled. And he's daring his fellow AmerKanos to believe that he lost. Because he cannot lose even when he is beat, because he's entitled and a child of God -- I mean America. Holla!

BTW, SRL said from the jump that he lost that fight to the everyone in the boxing loop.

Holy only said that his bout with Lennox Lewis was close and could have gone either way.

Even Marvelous Marvin Hagler admitted to defeat when he lost and would just came back revenge it. He was and is upset at SRL for not giving him an immediate rematch.

MMH simply said that he won the bout by landing the heavier punches, and that SRL was "piddy patting and fighting like a little girl."

Sorry, TGD! But "egos" of great boxers don't trap them with optical illusions of hard reality. Check the whole record, not the promotional one.

Even Bradley's trainer Joel Diaz says that Da Manny "barely hit Tim." And Tim had no facial damage after the bout, but Da Manny's "face was f*+#€d up."

Nonetheless, Bradley has scars on his forehead and cheek that he didn't have before the Bradley-Pacquiao dance. WOW!

Dude is so full of syet. And he's playing to the ignorance of the PPV crowd and the nosebleed-seated fans.

On cocoa-colored and darker-skinned fighters you cannot see thin-cut facial damages and bruises because of the types of tints of blue, yellow and red lighting used in broadcasting picture signaling to televisions and moving screens.

Those in da game and those who get near the playas of it know whazzup [sic]! Ninety-five percent of fighters get some type of facial damage in every d@mn major fight.

Bradley had bruises and small cuts on his mug in his gift win against Da Manny and in his lift win against the Siberian Rocky.

Optical illusions are everywhere in our seedy, shady, sneaky game. Holla!

The Good Doctor says:

I sort of agree with you. Ali did admit Norton beat him when he got a gift against Norton in Yankee stadium. However most of the other guys you listed would not immediately admit to the loss right after the fight nor for a while later and thats what I am speaking of. In addition, if we are talking of gift decisions I believe you are referring to the following:

Joe Louis over Walcott: Louis said in his autobigraphy he thought he won.
SRR over Dupas: SRR said I thought I won and I never question official decisions
Money May v Castillo: I beat this guy with one arm. I hurt my rotator cuff the last week of training and could not use my jab effectively.

I do understand where you are coming from though. The point of view that how dare you act like you are a champion when everyone knows you lost is very valid.

All the fighters that you named, TGD, didn't say that they won. Trust me! They are speaking in coded language because their public relation team and the publicity one told them how to word things.

C'mon, Doc! Like I said: "Optical illusions" are everywhere up in boksing. "Tricks of the trade," my good doctor. Holla!

The Good Doctor says:

Joel Diaz is so full of syet. And he's playing to the ignorance of the PPV crowd and the nosebleed-seated fans.

On cocoa-colored and darker-skinned fighters you cannot see thin-cut -- scatches -- facial damages and bruises because of the types of tints of blue, yellow and red lighting used in broadcasting picture signaling to televisions and moving screens.

Optical illusions are everywhere in our seedy, shady, sneaky game. Holla!

I don't doubt with your connections that you know what guys say in the loop. However, we are judging Tim and most other guys by what they say publicly. You say that Holyfield said it was a close fight and he did. Holyfield got beat and we both know that.

"I thought I won" is not "I won" to a BIG-ego boksingero. Sane boxers are masters at coding words. Hang out with the great ones, and see what they will say. They will tell you every gift-and-lift decision that ever got.

The Good Doctor says:

100% correct. You are making my point for me. I am saying that at the end of the fight, tell the truth. No coding, no PR mumbo jumbo, no murky, unclear language, no coaching just say what you really believe. Very few do that.

I'm glad that I made your point. And thanks for making mine. It is about seedy, shady, sneaky ways of coding the truth for money and fight reasons.

Not being a straight-up liar. In boxing, just as in religion and life, there is a thin between da haps and a lot of syet in da gaps. Holla!

The Good Doctor says:

Cant argue that. All that back and forth to come to different sides of the same point!!!! LOL!!!!

brownbomber says:

What do you expect him to say??? Tim is a very humble guy by the way..

I agree with everything you say but I have to ask, what do you expect him to say? Very few boxers are honest when they get a gift decision. Listen to Paul, after the Williams-Lara fight, listen to Tim after the Manny fight, listen to Juan Diaz, after his first fight with Paulie or even Evander after his gift draw against Lennox. Unfortunately, boxers egos will often disallow them from being honest in this situation. It even took SRL 10+ years to admit Hearns beat him in the rematch. Tim is no different. Would it be refreshing to hear him say, "I got straight mollywhopped in the first fight but I am back for revenge" but it is not going to happen.

good question

since after he was recorded in the ring in video and audio saying to Bob sorry that he lost, he tried but couldnt beat the guy i expect him to say that it was such a close fight he could see it going either way.

not that he won 8 rounds and routed Pac.

he looks ignorant.

its one thing to be bull headed and I know, I am an athlete, no one wants to admit defeat, but Tim looks ignorant, thats the problem