Rumors Abound: Pacquiao-Bradley II Is Set

BY Michael Woods ON January 21, 2014

Timothy-Bradley-and-Manny-Pacquiao1-21-2014 63982

Their first fight was mega controversial, with the majority of watchers coming away believing that Manny Pacquiao had beaten Timothy Bradley. But the judges, two out of three, said different. Duane Ford and the egregiously flawed CJ Ross gave Bradley, a California-based boxer who used movement and volume to impress the arbiters, the victory on June 9, 2012 in Las Vegas. Pacquiao, it looks like,  will get a chance to scrub that stain, and show fight fans and Bradley that the loss was an aberration, a mistake of monumental proportions, as the Congressman has chosen Bradley as his next foe, in a rematch to be held April 12 in Las Vegas.

So says the rumor mill, though official word hasn't come from Team Pacquiao or Pacman's promoter, Top Rank.

I reached out to a publicist who does work for Top Rank in the late AM, and that person said that bout wasn't set to his/her knowledge. Pacquiao advisor Michael Koncz, via text, said the bout wasn't official, either. "Cannot confirm that yet," he said. But word has leaked out, and tellingly, I'd say, the lack of a refutation from Top Rank or Team Pacquiao is telling.

Bradley's star has grown brighter since that first Pacquiao tangle, as he got a W over rumbler Ruslan Provodnikov last March, and followed that with a masterful effort against Juan Manuel Marquez last October, handling him with relative ease comparing to how Pacquiao has dealt with the Mexican counter-puncher.

Bradley is now 31-0, with 12 KOs, and there will be a solid minority of fightwatchers who will tab him the favorite against Pacman, with their reasoning being that at 30, he's a bit fresher than the 54-3-2 Pacman, who turned 35 on Dec. 17. Then again, Manny worked all the angles and his hand speed and stamina looked spot on in his last effort, a wide UD12 over Brandon Rios in Macau on Nov. 23.

Readers, your thoughts please. Do you like the choice of Bradley over Pacman pal Provodnikov, if indeed rumor turns to fact? Is Manny the odds on favorite here or are you picking Bradley? Weigh in!

Carmine Cas says:

Should be an interesting fight, Bradley looked good in his last fight

Bradley had more success against Paq than anyone except Marquez. And Bradley outboxed Marquez...not as effortlessly as Mayweather but he outboxed the Manny Mangler just the same in a clear victory.....and Marquez outboxed Paq in at least 3 of their fights.... Many people don't like the ABC TRIANGLE THEORY but I think its appropriate here.....I expect an even more competitive bout this time. and I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset if Paq gets caught slippin' again.

Bradley beat a 40-year-old Hulkquez zombie, not a mad-skilled Marquez, who got his arse whipped three times by Da Manny -- officially twice and a gift draw. And if the match is made between Da Manny and the Big Foot/Cali Cranium Crusher, been-given-too-many-gift decisions Bradley, Bradley is getting KTFO.

His luck has run out. And the evils that be are finished using him as a T baby. It is pathetic what evil people have done to this two-losses, undefeated ¢o©ky clown. Holla!

I wonder what Bradley is getting PAID? There were stories about him holding out for 8 mill.
Top Rank was screwed if they paid it. But where else are they gonna find a compelling challenger. All the good welters are on Showtime.

Pac vs Alvarado would have been a more exciting matchup. Yes Mike is a bit beat up, but with time off he could come back strong and has a fighters heart. He is an exciting fighter. Would Pac beat him to a pulp? yes, but at least it would be exciting. Bradley will be running again all night.

Big Foot is getting paid above his worth, but not $8mil. But he's such a ¢o©ky, big liar and delusional that he will tell that lie to haters and his groupies, fanfaronades and _____ ____!

Many fighters -- getting low purses -- will inflate them because of know-nothing fans' and hang arounds' myth. For instant, Don King would give Larry Holmes a purse of $350, 000, The "Easton Assassin" would LIE and claim that he got $2mil.

Tim Witherspoon was one of the only fighter who would rat DK out. DK would promote that TW was getting $650,000, but would give him $90,000. TW would sing like a lark.

"Imma send somebody to kick your @$$," DK would bark. But when two or three goons would come to fudge TW up, he would knockout all those bytches.

As some know, in the end, TW beat DK in lawsuits to get some of his contracted money from DK.

BTW, Bradley is one of the worse fighters to lose at least 10 round to Da Manny. But as time goes by, haters lie. Eric Corrales was the only fighter to ever outbox Da Manny. Marquez lost three times. And Hulkquez was getting madly out boxed until his stepped on Da Manny's toe, tripped him up, and kayoed him with a lotto punch. Holla!

I'd rather see Ram Bradley vs Provodnikov rematch and Pac take on, gee I don't know, Floyd Mayweather?

dino da vinci says:

Radam, you're on an island if you think Manny won his first encounter with JMM. And if I didn't secretly think there is an outside shot that if you are not indeed Manny, you are actually closer to him than you let on.

You should know better. Score the three knockdowns and the round for Manny, put it on the shelf, and move on. It then became the JMM Show, Starring: Juan Manuel Marquez. Co-Starring: PacMan. Guest Appearance by: Joe Cortez

I know you were once nice enough to point out the additional rounds that Manny won, but they didn't allign with what happened in the ring.

The rest of this does not apply to Radam.

Me at just about any fight immediately after a knockdown:

Guy next to me: Wow! You see that shot?!?
D da V: Yes, I'm sitting here next to you. Hard for me not to.
GNXT2Me: He's out on his feet! They should stop it.
D da V: Actually, it was a flash knockdown, and...
GN2M: Ohh My Goddd, another big shot! What's holding him up?
D da V: Umm, his legs?
GN2Me: This referee is going to get this guy killed!
D da V: Actually this referee is happens to be Pat Russell, who just happens to be the finest referee in the worl...
GN2Me: Another big shot! Oh... My... God... !!!
D da V: Easy fella, you're lookin a little queasy. It's OK, it's OK, he's rolling with the punch.
GN2Me: Ohh No! His mouth is full of blood!!! Stop this! Stop this!!!
D da V: Shhh. You're making a spectacle of yourself. He has a red mouthpiece.
GN2Me: I CANNOT stand here and witness a murder! They are correct! this sport should be banned!
D da V (turning to friend sitting to the right of him): I scored it 9-9, whatchu have?

ultimoshogun says:

I'm thinking along the same line as Sug...let's do it again and see what happens. I think Bradley was a bit intimidated the first time around. I think he'll be loose and more confident this time around.

Wow! My reply to you disappeared, Dino da v, so I guess it was not meant to be. But two of the three talking head that night are on board with me. So is HBO unofficial judge Harold Lederman. HBO!

The Shadow says:

Exactly. LOL, I'm starting to think he might be Manny, too! Certainly, the tales of being a Lil Kim Ho would fit since Manny has been known to be down with the O-P-P!

And Dino -- that 2004 fight wasn't co-starring anything. It was starring: JMM and Joe Cortez. Stand-in: Manny Pacquiao.

I scored that fight 11-1 for Marquez, no worse than 10-2. It was easy work, complete domination. It looked like a seasoned professional schooling an amateur.

The second was a little closer, a 7-5 type of affair. 90% of ringside media scored it in favor of Marquez. The third fight was a 8-3-1 one type of fight, also in favor of Marquez, but the public perception and their standings at the time hurt the scorers' objectivity.

Manny did best in the fourth, winning at least three rounds, although that bowling ball overhand right was thunderous. Had Manny not gotten overzealous, he might have gotten the decision because he finally figured out how to solve the Marquez mystery with those feints Roy kept pointing out.

You gotta admire Manny for adding layers to his game.

But yes, let us put that whole debate to rest...

I actually think the rematch will be closer than people think. If I'm Manny, I would leave Bradley the hell alone while people still have the perception he won 10-2.

He's not a good style match-up for Manny. They thought he was before the first fight. Turned out he wasn't. He will stink the joint out and he won't get tagged cleanly.

No matter how badly I want to see it, there will be no violent KO.

Pay Scheafer some $$$ for Guerrero, Maidana or D. Garcia or line up Provodnikov. Make Manny look like a million bucks.

There will be a kayo of of the Cali Cranium Crusher Big Foot Bradley. Haters and pundits -- the same ones that said Da Manny won the first bout -- are now hypocritically claiming Bradley won the first bout and now he is going to win this one. Yup, RIGHT!

I'm reminded of Erik Morales. He beat big Da Manny in fight one, but got KTFO in fight two and three. CCCBFB is goose crease. And Da Manny is gonna fry his arse with it. Da Manny has never truthfully lost to an Amerkano. So expect for the Bluecoatbuster to tear CCCBFB's arse up and kayo him the Morales way. Holla!

I'm came close to being J Lo Ho too for a sec. Hehehe! But I couldn't handle all dat fine arse and the way that she could shake and bake. It just _____ ____ my snake. I would have to cool down by jumping in a lake. Hahaha! Holla!

Skibbz says:

Timati has improved much since his first fight with PQ, he rode the Siberian Streamtrain all the way till the final bell and lady lucked paid him in kind for it. He looked confident in his own self against JMM and believes he can slug it out when the time comes or he can outbox you if that's how it's gonna be. He's not unbeatable, but a man with an iron resolution on winning form, who has beaten 3 of the top welters in the world in his last 3 fights is a tough cookie for whoever he's facing.

PQ showed he's still got the goods vs. the mexican punch bag but we all know you don't lose skill if you lose a fight. What PQ has to show he still has is the same desire to win and strength in his own mind that he is still one of the best P4P fighters in the world. As a big fan of PQ I hope he still has that fire that burned so many people in the past but the light is fading in my opinion, how many congressmen can dedicate themselves to the rigors of fighter training whilst still maintaining the legitimacy of the their position. Celebrity isn't always enough to keep you in a powerful position, it can work if your consolidating your position or you're 100% dedicated to that position by working for it. You can't decide to be both people, you've got to make a choice. I mean if people say you can't be a recording artist and a fighter when there surely can't be a way that you can be a fighter and a politician as they're both two of the most time consuming and energy sapping occupations available in the world of work.

I hope Da Manny, as RG affectionately calls him, reignites that internal fire he has inside of him and KTFOutta Timati for stealing the decision from both him and the iron willed siberian tiger. Let's hope for a great fight!

How is Tim better now than before?

he was concussed 7 times against the Russian Rocky, truly lost the pac fight and also truly

lost the Russian fight.

He beat JMM who was finally not juicing, yea i hate to be that guy but its true he was using....

so Tim is honestly 1-2 in his last 3 fights. He just received gift decisions.

he is living in an illusion.

flackoguapo says:

Their first fight was mega controversial, with the majority of watchers coming away believing that Manny Pacquiao had beaten Timothy Bradley. But the judges, two out of three, said different. Duane Ford and the egregiously flawed CJ Ross gave Bradley, a California-based boxer who used movement and volume to impress the arbiters, the victory on June 9, 2012 in Las Vegas. Pacquiao, it looks like, will get a chance to scrub that stain, and show fight fans and Bradley that the loss was an aberration, a mistake of monumental proportions, as the Congressman has chosen Bradley as his next foe, in a rematch to be held April 12 in Las Vegas.

Manny should beat Bradley this time around. I do believe that Bradley has a way better chance of winning this time than the last. He probably figures Manny couldn't KO him even when he had badly hurt his foot. He also cuts a big number of pounds to get to 147. He is above 160 on fight night and he will have Manny at about 149 max. Im assuming. So being all that heavier and boxing and "getting on his bike" a little bit against a Manny who seems to have slowed down a tad, I think will be Timmy's advantages. Manny has to sit down on his punches a teeeeeny bit IMO.I know it's his style to be bouncy with crazy footwork, but I just feel he really needs to try to get Timmy in a dog fight early. They both got the king kong nuts for it.

FYI: I am a newbie here. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and TSS articles. I had no idea things like this were out there since I'm not a big computer guy. But I really appreciate there being so many knowledgeable people in the game and shooting the **** back to us. THANKS

ultimoshogun says:

Manny should beat Bradley this time arouond. I do believe that Bradley has a way better chance of winning this time than the last. He probably figures Manny couldn't KO him even when he had badly hurt his foot. He also cuts a big number of pounds to get to 147. He is above 160 on fight night and he will have Manny at about 149 max. Im assuming. So being all that heavier and boxing and "getting on his bike" a little bit against a Manny who seems to have slowed down a tad, I think will be Timmy's advantages. Manny has to sit down on his punches a teeeeeny bit IMO.I know it's his style to be bouncy with crazy footwork, but I just feel he really needs to try to get Timmy in a dog fight early. They both got the king kong nuts for it.

Welcome to TSS, always good to see new knowledgeable members taking part in the discussion.

Da Manny is gonna KNOCK the Cali Cranium Crusher Big Foot da DOUBLE FUDGE OUT!

In fight ONE, Da Manny was HIGH on a SISSY VERSION of GOD. Now he realizes that THE STRONG GOD that TAKES no prisioners is the real DEAL PUNISHING ONE. And HE is JUST DOING HIS JOB, and it is all right to whup da hebejeebeez outta an arse, because if it is the will of THE STRONG GOD it will heal. And also THE STRONG GOD Doesn't Roll With a punkedified [sic] anything.

He Is All About Force And Doing da darn thang to da maximum FORCE! He BLESSED Da Manny to be able to finish off an opponent. So nobody and know nothings should get it twisted. Da Manny held back in Bout I. It will be none of that stupid jive in Bout II.

Da Manny will not let up on the CCCBF this time out -- no WAY, no HOW!. CCCBF doesn't have a chance in hell. Dude is an illusion, a two-loss undefeated clown with a tude, and has been used by the haters that be. Dude is so much of a modern-day T--baby similar to yesteryears "White Hope" Jim Jeffries in his not-a-chance-in-hell-to-win match with "Unforgivable Blackness," the late, great Jack Johnson.

Da Manny will not be Duane Ford black legioned for watching a Pinoy-coached basketball game and delaying the star of the bout this time.

Da Manny won't be C.J. Ross-ed for media lies about some make-believe syet that Da Manny said that "All gays are an abomination, and should be put to death."

"Unforgivable Pinoyness" is gonna Jack Johnson CCCBF's arse and put him too SLEEP. And halt the hopes of haters. Da Manny -- Da Bluecoatbuster -- is gonna bust up CCCBF's mug and ribs and kayo him by ring LUCKY 7. Holla!

Da Manny is gonna KNOCK the Cali Cranium Crusher Big Foot da DOUBLE FUDGE OUT!

The Shadow says:

The Roast, where you at?? Hahahaha....

RG, I remember you mentioning that Bradley will be used like Carnera as a circus freak, sideshow? Please explain that one again so the new readers can get acquainted with his fate.

Also, please share the tales of you watching Timmy do his road work from the sky aboard the Radam jet! That was a great story.

In all seriousness, how do you think Manny is going to knock him out? I don't see him landing more than two shots cleanly in a row, Bradley has some defense for Manny.

Bradley is not going into a slugfest either. I hear ya with the apocalypse prophecies and thunderbolts and all that, but how do you see it happening? How's he going to set him up?

I see Manny winning but it might be a split decision again. I don't see it being another Morales scenario, although that would be interesting.

Remember: as Manny is counted out now, so was he in 2008 after the fight with Marquez when people said they detected slippage.

He was also called shopworn after losing to Morales, announcers alleging that his wars had caught up to him.

Even when he got jolted in the nuts and "his IZE ah CROSS!" he still managed to come back. So his demise has been spoken of for a decade.

I just don't think Bradley is the guy to relaunch him against. It's a bit of a gamble.

Should he erase Bradley in the manner RG says he will -- highly unlikely -- the public will believe he has a shot against Floyd Mayweather.

That perception is where the big bucks lie (pun intended)!

The Shadow says:

Sidebar: Have you guys ever noticed how Arum always starts yapping about a fight with Floyd when Manny's already scheduled to fight someone else?

People should really be on to this man's old tricks by now.........

Da Manny is going to beat this big-mouth delusional joker the same way that he did in Bout I. Only this time around, when Da Manny cracks him, and he folds and holds, Da Manny is going straight to Bradley's hat-size nine-and-a-half head, and drop that Cali Cranium Crusher Big Foot like a-shot-in-the-head buffalo.

On the night in question, Bradley is going to be put down by the ultimate pro. Why Money May doesn't want any of Da Manny, you will see and kno [sic].'

As Redcoat Ricky Hatton was out cold against Da Manny. Da Manny was out cold against full-of-dat syet Hulkquez. The CCCBF Bradley, the mirage for haters, will be knocked cold out by Da Manny, the Bluecoatbuster. Not a single Bluecoat has actually beat Da Manny. Holla!

The Shadow says:

Well, it'll be interesting to see. If he's not able to do that, do you think it will be due to slippage?

On a different note, Agapito Sanchez needs to stop ducking Manny and give him the rematch the world wants to see so Manny can set the record straight.

No! Slippage is no excuse. Everybodee and dey momma roll that way. Life and success for a true, top dawg is to adapt, improvise, and overcome. Punkedified [sic] whiners like Marquez make excuses and believes his own bullsyet that he's always robbed.

Slippage ain't stopping B-Hop. And it didn't stop the late, great Archie "The Old Mongoose" Moore. Or Rev. (Big) George Foreman. And Money May is still doing his optical illusions and Merlin, The Magician fooling the suckas born every minute outta their hard-earned weak dollars. Holla!

Can we put it on HBO?

pretty please?

Skibbz says:

How is Tim better now than before?

lost the Russian fight.

so Tim is honestly 1-2 in his last 3 fights. He just received gift decisions.

he is living in an illusion.

Yeah he was concussed after the Ruslan fight, and I don't disagree that he's an undefeated two loss fighter, but at the end of the day he's undefeated and just beat three of the best 47ers in the world. His head is swirling in dreams of avarice right now. He's so confident in himself right now and has been getting nudges and prods by Arum saying he's a 'world class fighter' and that he's 'terrific' that he thinks he can do the dirty on Pacman twice! Pacman has to come with that JMMPQ vengeance type fire if he's gonna win.

Nope he knows deep down in his heart he has two losses. That confidence is fake. It is all a front, and I dont blame him for it, he has to keep his brand appealing to keep getting paydays.
After the pac fight in the ring it is on video and audio of Tim telling Bob and his trainer that he was sorry that pac is just too good and that "floyd wont beat him" pac just keeps coming. Then ten mins later he is talking like he truly thought he won the fight handedly.

He also got a gift in the Russian fight, the knockdowns were missed and not counted. Bradly knows this as well.

ultimoshogun says:

Looks like Arum is trying to strong arm Bradley into signing a long term contract extension or he won't get the Pacquiao fight. I think both of them would be wise to cut ties with Arum once their contracts expire.

Big Foot is already frighten out of his mind, and trying to get out of this arse thrashing by saying that Da Bobfather is trying to trap him in a contract extension.

B.$. Bradley has definitely become extremely delusional. He's peanut-purse fighter with a tiny following. And most of them are groupies, fanboys, myth believers of superiority and jingoism and Pac-haters. Holla!

Big Foot is already frighten out of his mind, and trying to get out of this arse thrashing by saying that Da Bobfather is trying to trap him into a contract extension.

B.$. Bradley has definitely become extremely delusional. He's a peanut-purse fighter with a tiny following. And most of them are groupies, fanboys, myth believers of superiority and jingoism and Pac-haters. Holla!

It is hot-oven _______ season to make up syet and tell outrageous fibs on antiquated Jews. The giant-headed Cali Cranium Crusher has a history of make believe to get out of bouts and contracts. What did he do to his last promoter Gary Shaw? That is WHAT I though!

Bradley is just letting the green grass on the other side fool him, and he wanna get with the shadow Al Hyman.

BYE, BYTCH!

You know that you can pay your way outta this contract with Da Bobfather, just Money May did back in da day. So quit perpetrating a fraud to da knowing nothings, Pac-haters and Da Bobfather haters. Holla!

I hate watching Bradley fight.. Sometimes.

He slaps .. He wrestles... He grapples Brawls , bicycles.
He scuffles, trades and even boxes when it suits him.
But most of all he wins.
Yes, Bradley is a winner even if he didn't. They'll make him a winner.
Bradley's intriguing because he shows up to do one thing only

And that's to win....he's not there just for the paycheck [ Mosely, Clotty]
But By hook or by crook.
So if he wins again... I told ya so.

The seedy big wigs are tired and ashamed of using Bradley. Fighting Da Manny or not, they will hang him out to dry. Dude has a tude and a half and is mad dog delusional.

Likely no matter who he fights next, he will get robbed if he moderately and or even dominately win. What comes around goes around in this shady bitnezz.

If Bradley fights even Rios or Alvarado, he will be robbed. He will not leave Da Bobfather as a two-loss, undefeated champion unless he sits out the rest of his contract or pay moolah to get out of it.

Even the shadow Al Hyman doesn't want his arse, or he and/or Money May would buy Bradley's contract. Holla!

Skibbz says:

I think it was very well put by BSugar, Bradley comes to win and he does anything to claw that victory away from his opponent. PQ's face when he lost the decision to Timati said it all. He even clawed it away from Ruslan and f*ck there should have been 3 10-8 rounds in the Russians favour.

If you don't send Timati to sleep on the canvas then you're leaving it to Lady luck and her judges.. Pac needs to bang him then leave the danger zone when big foot starts flailing his arms around trying to find a target. He should go to his liver and make him take a knee at least twice to make sure it's in the bag.

Then again big foot can stand up even when he sleeps so putting him on the canvas is a mean task but if anyone can do it it's pac. Let's hope for a great fight, it'll be better than whatever's in May anyhow!

I respect Tim because he has heart. I can not stand Tim's cocky asshole attitude because he is like a lottery winner bitching and complaining all the time.

After pac starches him then what? Where does he go? He has absolutely no following. Gatti lost fights/WARs actually but the public loved him for not only his warrior heart, but because he was a good guy not a scumbag whiner complainer bitcher.

I miss Gatti.

Carmine Cas says:

People should really be on to this man's old tricks by now.........

Yes, the Rob Arum is one of the snakes in the grass. It's bs posturing, Carl Froch was doing the same thing to Adonis Stevenson after he signed to fight Kessler, chickens.

All tricks of the trade. Money May's Uncle Jeff is now yakking about there is no reason for Floyd KenDucky Chicken to fight Da Manny, because Da Manny just wants to be helped with paying his taxes. YUP! NYET!

The tax situation has been KAYOED just as Money May will be if he ever grow a pair. Family May and the May groupies and fanfaronades are full of air. They find every excuse. Just blame it on the old Jew -- I mean the rain.

Just dreaming how Da Manny will butcher Money May causes the intent pain. Holla!

Ever notice how Floyd always has a reason/excuse not to fight Pac?

Instead of finding a reason to fight Pac he is always finding one NOT to.

What in the world does a mans finances or tax troubles or fam difficulties have to do with NOT fighting him?

Floyd is a brilliant boxer but a tiresome drama queen

@$kibbz! Welcome to the Universe. And thanks! I appreciate da luv! Holla!