Roach Says "Shady" Ariza Gave Manny Mystery Drinks, Ariza Responds

BY Michael Woods ON January 10, 2014

roach-ariza a321eThe Freddie Roach-Alex Ariza relationship is still on a rocky road, with Coach Roach and Manny Pacquaio's former strength and conditining coach continuing their scrap, which got physical in Macau, in the media.

During an interview with Radio Rahim of Maxboxing and SecondsOut, Roach said that when Ariza used to work with Manny, he acted "shady."

"He used to give Manny a drink every day before a workout and I used to ask him what's in that drink and he would never tell me, and I said I need to know what's in that drink, because you gave it to my fighter, and if something goes wrong I'm gonna get the blame," Roach told Rahim.

Based on those actions, Roach said, he's not surprised Ariza has a cloud hanging over him in the eyes of some for his actions in the corner of Marcos Maidana after round 11 of the Argentine's fight against Adrien Broner. To some, it looked like Ariza fed Maidana gauze mini-pads, which those that believe Ariza cheated thinks could have been adulterated with a stimulant, to give him pep vs. Broner.

I reached out to Ariza, and asked him for a reaction to the Roach insinuation. Not one typically to shrink for an opportunity to be candid and return fire, he instead he went the mellow route.

"None right now, I'm focused on Mikey (Garcia) and his fight (Jan. 25 vs. Juan Carlos Burgos in NYC,)" Ariza said.

We are beating a dead horse. I said years ago, "we -- da Pac Posse and PacManites have our third, fourth, fifth and sixth eye on the sneazy-out peddler of snake oil and magic potions."

It was no way we were going like him put dirty jive up in Da Manny. If the taster of all Alex Ariza potions and posion would have come up dirty, OMFG! ____ ____ _______ _______!

I personally believe that Alex Ariza is the processing of doing exactly what TSS Reader Ali indicated Ariza would do after he got walking papers from Da Manny: "Start saying that he gave" Da Manny "roids and all types of PEDs syet."

About working with Da Manny and allegedly feeding him dat syet, Ariza is setting up hook or crook to write a lying-arse book. This is why he set up Bam Bam with being dirty in Macau, and purposely being caught in San Tony feeding dat syet to Marcos Maidana.

Ariza is foul. And with "The theatre of the unexpected," we are dealing. So there will be no healing.

Watch out, Mikey! Holla!

Hey, DUDES! Holla at my stuff at TSS "Random Topics. Holla!

ultimoshogun says:

Hmmm, my guess is he was just giving Manny a pre-workout supplement.

Hmmm, my guess is he was just giving Manny a pre-workout supplement.
Seriously cool avatar Ultimo.... I wish I still had my 100 plus collection of kung fu flicks. Many of them never got transfered to disk by the distributors...... Master copies lost... Films lost forever.. Brings back memories.

Ariza is a piece of crap. Any man who sucker kicks/punches an elderly man who has a disability has no morals or values in my opinion. What I would have given to see Roach one-two him or the hiding in plain sight Radam G triple machine gun him to sleep.

Preworkout supplements or drinks are a bad idea. Everything should be organic and natural. No way you would want a fighter taken a supplement that boosts circulation where the blood pulls too much into the arms and burns them out too quickly. I have used that stuff for lifting and running and your legs swell and cramp up slowing your agility.

Maybe that is why Pac had a year of leg cramps. Ariza is an idiot.

How can I get a job doing what he does?

ultimoshogun says:

Thanks Sug, that's a shot from "Snake in the Monkey's Shadow." I still have it on VHS and haven't owned a VCR in like 15 years. This film featured them all...Drunken Style, Monkey Style, Tiger Claw, and Snake Fist...great movie.

I agree .......used to be part of my collection too.

I love kung fu flicks.

check out the recent IP Man

fantastic

The Shadow says:

Maybe that is why Pac had a year of leg cramps. Ariza is an idiot.

How can I get a job doing what he does?

Just go to the gyms and offer your expertise. There are plenty of guys out there that need an edge or just some discipline through structure.

You went to school for stuff in that field, right?

You went to school for stuff in that field, right?

Yep physical therapy

i was being sarcastic

although i would love to train boxers.

maybe one day, for now, too busy with my boy and his baseball.

The Shadow says:

Yep physical therapy

i was being sarcastic

although i would love to train boxers.

maybe one day, for now, too busy with my boy and his baseball.

LOL OK, I see. I actually think you would be a good fit, a no-nonsense attitude and you can throw down and scrap if need be.

I went to the gym Rigo trains out of, they have a pretty good coach that strictly does the getting in shape stuff. Doesn't really do supplements, he just sets a solid regimen based on his knowledge of the body and so forth.

They start with a guy or two and usually guys will see results and will want to get on board.

I remember the guy that worked with M. Spinks, Hopkins and Jones when they moved up in weight, Mackie Shilstone I think his name was.

A real OG, no "MannyPaks," or things of that nature.

Are you a single father? Sounds like you have a lot of time devoted to fatherhood. That's awesome.

A real OG, no "MannyPaks," or things of that nature.

Shillstone was a pioneer using technology in sports science and athletic development. I read some of his book, he is quite intelligent.

Actually Hopkins said he would call up Shillstone again to get done in weight properly should he and Floyd fight.

I support some supplements, but as Radam states, natural foods are the key.

Yep I am a single father, over 14 years now. I also coach what we call Babe ruth baseball , 13.14.15 year

olds are my kids. I coach spring, summer and fall. BUSY, but I love helping the kids and actually have

something worthwhile to pass on.

Funny I come off here being no nonsense, as I am quite sarcastic in the non forum world. ha..

The Shadow says:

Actually Hopkins said he would call up Shillstone again to get down in weight properly should he and Floyd fight.

I support some supplements, but as Radam states, natural foods are the key.

something worthwhile to pass on.

Cool, I didn't know he had a book. He seems like a real pro. A lot of these strength coaches seem like they're up to no good a lot of times, or like Radam likes to say, are peddlers and slangers of "dat syet."

Props for handling business with a son alone for all those years! And taking an active interest in sports. Have you ever taken him to the gym to try boxing?

On a different note, I'm curious to see the aftermath of all these drug allegations. These are some serious charges.

If a nice, stand-up guy like Mosley willingly cheated, I wouldn't put anything past anybody.

Too many of the Strength-and-Condition coachs are also controlling con men. They'd have someone's fighter taking a non-working supplements because the maker/supporter/supplier of it is giving the S&C coach BIG moola to peddler it.

I find that no different from U.S. "medical" doctors peddling pharmaceutical experimental drugs to naive pseudoeducated and miseducated patients in abject social conditions.

Shillstone is the best for what he does. He just have modern-day technologized "OLD SKOOL" to da Max, BABEEE! Holla!

HeNeverSawTheHookComing! says:

Wow! So Freddie say's Ariza gave MP mystery drinks in the past! It is mighty funny what losing will do to a person. When Manny was winning and knocking everyone out at higher rate while moving up in weight (then he did at the lower classes, but I digress). Now because Ariza is no longer apart of Manny's team he begins to tell on him? Really this is nothing but a itch move by Freddie to cause Ariza business to hurt (plain and simple).

I also have sympathy for Roach's illness, but where I am from if you step to a man in aggressive way you better be ready to defend yourself and Roach is not elderly. Anyone who has ever done (hitting the mitts work) knows what I am talking about. Just saying.

When Da Manny was winning, TNBC Freddie spoke about "a mystery drink" then. Holla back in history about it. You will find it. Nothing is new about it.

The "mystery drink" was brought publicly by TNBC Freddie, himself. Holla!

The "mystery drink" was brought publicly by TNBC Freddie, himself. Holla!

HeNeverSawTheHookComing! says:

@Radam: Then why talk about it now when he no longer is affiliated with MP? Better yet why wasn't Ariza fired on the spot? Man that dog don't hunt!

Boxing news have been slow, so scribes will rehatch and reinvent. "That dog doesn't hunt," because its smell to find is obviously bias and block by discontent. That dog is straight-up hating and like licking that bone, because he has no teeth for the bite.

How many years have Money May's roids-and-PEDs usage been rehatched and reinvented? That is what I thought! Every time their is a slow day, week or month. Holla!

Listen to what TNBC Freddie said: "mystery drink!" -- not loaded-with-dat-syet one. FYI, HNSTHC, these new-in-da-hurt-business "Strength-and-Condition coaches" are like boxing cutmen. They don't tell how they do their biz. Cutmen have gone to the grave, not revealing their secrets of what they used to stop a cut. Also hand wrappers are the same. They do the do, and don't tell how they DO DA D@mn THANG [sic]! It is all about the money. You PAY, they PLAY!

Nevertheless, many $&C coaches will give you any of the type of services -- roids and PEDs or exercise and diet only -- that you desire. They are hired guns -- mercenaries. If you want dat syet in you. Give them the MONEY, and they will give you the KILLA-@$$ HONEY! Ain't ur [sic] d@mn FUNNY! Dat syet doesn't help you fight, anyway.

The game is dirty, but Da Manny is CLEAN, and back to being straight-up kick-arse MEAN. His next opponent will be crushed "like a jelly bean! "

As the late, great Music man -- "The hardest working man in show business -- "Godfather of Soul" James Brown crooned: "It's yo' thang! DO what you wanna DO! I can't tell you who ta' SOCK it TO!"

Don't be full of poop, because you are not in da loop! And don't agitate because you like to hate. Most is not what it appears as in this game. And on people writing and talking bull corn, you blame. Holla!

HeNeverSawTheHookComing! says:

Radam, the test came back negative right? Then once again why bring it up???? Matter of why did Freddie keep Ariza around for eight (8) years! Makes no sense at all.

Yes Floyd made the roids comments, but look @ how many fighters have been caught using some form of P.E.D.S. it has been numerous! So what Floyd was saying was not said in vain. Radam I have read many of your comments about Marquez or as you put it Hulkquez. What criteria are you basing your argument there! Holla!

HeNeverSawTheHookComing! says:

First off It's yo thang is sung by the Isley Brothers and 2nd of all no one is naive enough to believe the fight game is clean. The image boxing protrays is facade period!

If you question Marquez legitamacy how can you not question da Manny's????????

Radam, the test came back negative right? Then once again why bring it up???? Matter of fact why did Freddie keep Ariza around for eight (8) years! Makes no sense at all.

HeNeverSawTheHookComing! says:

amayseng (great name btw) you said: "and look at how many of floyds own fighters in his company have tested positive this past year." My point exactly. Without the people being made aware that peds are running rampant in boxing. I don't care who it is that gets caught, just stop the cheating.

I agree

Ditto, about the Isley Brothers, but ev'ybodee and dey momma sampled off the late, great "Godfather of Soul" James Brown. The Isley Brothers version is more famous. Just as songs stole from the GoS JB and "Little Richard" by Pat Broone, Elvis Presley and rappers are more known and famous.

First, Alex Ariza was not with TNBC Freddie or Da Manny for four years. And boksing is known for "strange bedfellows." And weasels betray you on the drop of hat. And if they could, they will beat you with a bat.

And it is not difficult to see why and how Marquez morphed into Hulkquez. He hired one of the greatest roids-and-PEDs cheat in O-Games history. And the dude had U.S. gov protection, Texas roughnecks protection and Mexican Cartel protection.

Believe what you please. Beliefs are like @$$es. Everyone has one. But everybodee and dey momma ain't in da loop. And know poop. I know what time it is. And those in da know know. Apparently you are not privilege to be in the loop or right circles or you'd know. Holla!

Carmine Cas says:

Damn first Bob Arum now Ariza, what's with all the "anti-semitism" around here? Lmao

What Money May says what is catchy-syet to fanfaronades, groupies, fanboys and super know nothings.

PEDs and roids have been heavily used in boxing for 50 years. And Money May has come up over the limit so much that the Nevada Athletic State Commission raised the ratio from 4-to-1 to 6-to-1 to protect day BIG-moolah arse.

Da game is shady and seedy, and the corrupted commissions, as Cali and Nevada, are quite greedy. They don't give an ant's @$$ about legit testing. The peddlers of da syet are rife.

Money May knows how to play politricks. And stir up all the _____ and ______ d¡¢ks. Hehehe! I ain't hatin' him.

Da game is full of optical illusions and mass confusions and a few contusions. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Wreckless & irresponsible comments by Roach. Truth is, all these cats around Pacquaio are acting like emo high school girls. It's a battle of who gets closer and more attention from the star football player. That sort of kiddish stuff. Put down the pom pom's, ge back to business!

Happy New Years!

@SP, all the PacMan-hating scribes are keyboard tapping that Da Manny is the "PEDs cousin of Lance" Armweak -- I mean Armstrong. Hehehe!

No "pom pom" coming from these haters. Nuclear scribing and da bomb bomb is how dey @§§e$ roll. Holla!

The Shadow says:

Is it just me or have people been quiet lately?

You went to school for stuff in that field, right?

Interesting .....I would have thought that increasing the flow of blood by dialating the blood vessels would allow more oxygen and remove more toxic waste on a cellular level. ... Speaking of toxic I feel like I'm going into some kind of toxic shock right now after eating 2 homemade angus cheeseburgers ... My first burger in over 8 months... Where is the nitric-oxide when you need it? Lol..

But if you say its not healthy Amayseng I'll defer to your expertise on the subject.

Those burgers will probably put you in bed for the day. ha.

It depends on the supplement. I use to use a supplement called NOexplode. Great pump but you burn out quick and when running my calves tighten up too much and hinder me.
However I sometimes use one called C4, its creatine and nitic oxide just like the Noexplode but I can run and not tighten up or burn out. For a professional boxer I would only use creatine. With a good quality creatine used correctly it can be pretty beneficial.

btw how did you go 8 months without a burger? I am anemic and when blood is low I crave them

Those burgers will probably put you in bed for the day. ha.

Been hearing a lot of good things about creatine, thanks for your opinion.
We have shifted away from any beef except prime rib once or twice a year... bad for heart health. replaced it with kale avacado beans and turkey.... And yes those burgers KO'd me for the rest of the day.