Pacquiao Says He Won't Be Careless With Rios After KO Loss

BY The Sweet Science ON October 29, 2013

Pacquiao Rios Singapore 130801 001a aa666Manny Pacquiao Write-up/Blog Part 1

Monday, October 28

Q) The majority of your professional fights have been in the US. Why fight in Macau now? How do you ensure that you knock out Rios and not the other way around?

A) Pacquiao: “This was an exciting opportunity to be a part of the biggest boxing event in a blossoming boxing market. I love meeting new people and this is a big chance for the sport of professional boxing to develop interest in it to one of the biggest untapped markets in the world. It’s great for the sport and it gives me a chance to fight near my country where they don’t have to spend a lot on travel to see me in action. Plus, it’s nice not to suffer from jet lag traveling to a fight. Macau and the Philippines, where I am training, are in the same time zone and have the same climate. I could get used to that!

“It’s important for boxing to develop new markets like Macau, China and all of Asia. It’s good for boxing to have more good Asian boxers turn pro. Hopefully the more shows we do in China, the more Asian fighters will be encouraged t become professional. I think Macau, with is early success with Zou Shiming, could become a boxing capital.

“I never go looking for the knockout, but you can be sure after getting careless with Juan Manuel Márquez, I won’t be setting myself up for getting knocked out. With age comes maturity and with maturity comes patience. I will not rush in looking to knock Rios out but rest assured if the opportunity presents itself I will go for it.

“This has been an excellent training camp. The first six weeks were spent on conditioning and now I am sparring three days a week. It’s great to have Master Freddie [Roach] back in camp with me. This will be my longest training camp. I feel so fresh having taken 10 months off. I have never done that before. My legs have an extra bounce to them and I feel so strong and fast.

“Freddie has studied a lot of film of Rios’ fights and has developed a very special plan for fighting him.

“The question isn’t “Am I ready for Rios?” It’s “Is Rios ready for me?”

Above photo courtesy Chris Farina/Top Rank

Face Off with Max Kellerman: Pacquiao/Rios debuts Saturday, Nov. 2 at 12:15 a.m. ET/PT on HBO.

Pacquiao vs. Rios takes place Saturday, Nov. 23 live on pay-per-view beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.

Beautiful VIOLENCE is what you will see Da Manny displays. VIOLENCE is art and science. VIOLENCE is religion and poetry. Don't hate on VIOLENCE because from Macao on Nov. 23 that is what you will SEE! Mano-i-Mano at it prettiest.

If you don't want to see Bam Bam get SLAM-SLAM! Don't tune in. There will be a lot of blood spilling in China. And the gods love blood spilling. [Money May can still get some. It would be thrilling.]

And don't try to sell me weak, passive nonsense about commonsense. Holla!

i expect controlled aggression from pac, rios walking straight ahead being beat to a pulp.

yep,, Roache aint forgot Rios going viral mocking his Parkinsons, pac will make an example

of him....

Your probably right Amayseng...
But unless the OT keeps up I doubt that I buy it.... Not that I absolutely can't do it... It's just doesn't seem proper to have a 4 figure annual boxing bill when people are starving in the world......then again... I paid for the Bradley fight....how much more frivolous can it get?

B-sug I am super cheap. hahaha i will admit it, i am pretty stingy with buying ppvs unless i can guarantee it to myself if it is worth the price..
my last ppvs are pac vs shane, floyd vs cotto, the european summer ppv for like 25 bucks with ggg and some other decent fighters, that was a good deal and a saturday mid day fight card, something different.

how much is this pac rios going for?
i heard not many are happy with the undercard, i forget who all is fighting on it.

i do remember reading somewhere where we can stream it from a portable device for like five or ten bucks...any truth to that?

wonder if Froch vs Groves is a part of the pac and rios ppv?

also, i added hbo for the month of November, fights each weekend the entire month and showtime does not have one card

Mga kuriput kayo, gayod -- you are guys cheapskates, really. Hahaha! Travel to Macao and get some nosebleed seats for 750 USD. Hehehe!

You guys don't even want to be PPV eyeballs for 65 USD. It is true that you can get free a stream of the American Force Network in Asia and see the bout for free. AFN gets all the ma√or PPV bouts free. Holla!

Alright RG.....nowvBetter known as The Pacific Big baller ....your starting to hurt my feeling..we all know about your globe trotter ways. You could probably watch PPV all year on what save from the frequent flier miles...and your International Players Discount Card alone.

how much is this pac rios going for?

Amayseng your tightwadness is renown on thevTSS....you are the new era Jack Benny... Probly have more money than us all tied up mutual funds 401k's and company stock....and it probably kills you to draw $2 from from your pocket LOL..

but I have yet to access a back door to PPV for free that isn't a pain in the neck. Good luck.

kidcanvas says: