Bradley Deals With Fallout From "Win" Which Resulted in Death Threats

BY Michael Woods ON March 06, 2013

Bradley media day 130226 001a We like stoppages. We just do. Does that make us savages? Nah, we do so many other things which remind us that we are animals, looking for finishes in fights is about 997 on the list. But let's put it this way…more people will be talking about Keith Thurman on Monday morning if he takes out Jan Zaveck in vicious fashion than were talking about ultra-skilled Gary Russell Jr. on Monday morning after he did his thing but couldn't stop Vyacheslav Gusev in Vegas.

This brings me to Timothy Bradley--he fights Russian Ruslan Provodnikov Saturday, March 16, in his first outing since beating, or "beating," Manny Pavquiao last June, and on a Tuesday conference call to hype the scrap, we heard that Bradley is a new Bradley (29-0 with 12 KOs). We heard that he's grown, from trainer Joel Diaz, and that he might well be the first man to stop the Russian with the 22-1 mark. "Tim is really smart and now his punching power has now increased because we made some adjustments," Diaz said. "You are going to see a different Tim Bradley on the 16th and don’t be surprised if it doesn’t go the distance."

The two will tangle at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., and the bout will be broadcast live on HBO World Championship Boxing®, beginning at 10:15 P.M. ET / PT.

So anyway, the stoppage idea sounds good to me, and what with all the idiocy flowing from judges' pencils, who in their right mind would settle for a decision anyway?

"I am looking to make a statement in this fight and I am looking to damage this guy," Bradley said. "I am looking to put this guy out. I don’t want to go 12 rounds with this guy. The longer he stays around the more confident he will get so I want to get him out of there as soon as possible."

You got the sense that the "win" over Pacquiao didn't bring Bradley (photo above by Chris Farina-Top Rank) what he might have expected to gain from it. The win didn't bring him the megafight he'd expected, or the riches, or the respect. He said he's stopped reading about himself and now doesn't care what haters say. You felt for the guy when he shared how he got hammered after the win. "Some people talked about my wife, my kids," he said. "People sent me death threats after the fight because I won undeservingly. (I got death threats thru the) mail and phone calls. I didn’t report anything. I am in my house and nobody will mess with me when I’m in my house. I didn’t really take them seriously. People were mad but I didn’t think they would come to my house and take me out. I don’t think that would ever happen."

Yikes, think people take their sporting events a bit too seriously?

It is clear Bradley, all these months later, is still trying to figure out that Pacquiao fight, the result and the ramifications. When asked about Pacquiao's KO loss to Marquez, he said, "Do you want the devil's side or do you want to good side of me? One side said ‘that’s what you get for not re-matching me.’ The other side said ‘that was a helluva fight and I can’t believe what just happened.'

Trainer Diaz created some buzz when asked about Freddie Roach, who is training Provodnikov, and has for his last three bouts. "Freddie Roach is not my concern," he said. "My concern is the fighter. Freddie Roach was just a name that was created. I think Freddie Roach lost the love of the sport. He created a name and it’s out there but he doesn’t have the compassion for the sport that he had a few years ago…Freddie Roach is always trying to play mind games. Freddie says Tim is going to run – that is just Freddie playing mind games. They don’t know how we are going to fight. He is trying to get under Tim’s skin. At the end of the day Tim is going to be a winner, and that’s what matters."

Later, when he was on the line, Roach responded. "I could tell him where to go but he doesn’t know me," he said. "He doesn’t know what I do every day. He doesn’t see me in the gym working with these fighters. I know he’s just saying it to get under my skin. I have a game plan and the right fighters to carry that game plan through and on the 16th we’ll see who’s the better coach or who’s the better man." He then softened on Diaz. "I don’t read anything he says," he said. "I just don’t have time for that. I'm sure he is a nice person outside of the ring.

Readers, could Provodnikov spring the upset?

(Remaining tickets to the Bradley-Provodnikov world welterweight championship event, priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, can be purchased online at AXS.com or by phone at 888-929-7849 as well as The Home Depot Center Box Office (open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.). Suites are available by calling 1-877-604-8777. For information of group discounts, please call 1-877-234-8425.)

deepwater says:

Nice article . Not sure if Bradley means it or not. The Russian is tough. Bradley should try and get rid of him early if he's ready to eat some shots and catch the guy in between punches.or Bradley should box but he should move lateral instead of backwards . If he is on the back foot most of the time I don't see him winning and he might get overwhelmed .

What comes around, goes around. Now dat everybodee and dey momma know that Big Foot is the 5-foot-5 Cali Cranium Crusher on dumb, they won't pity him when he is jobbed in his own home state.

It is all up in the air. Don't be surprised that Bradley loses on a controversial verdict -- decision, or kayo or DQ. You heard it here, first! Holla!

stormcentre says:

A simple way to assess whether Tim Bradley beats Ruslan Provodnikov *may* be to ask whether Bradley is better than Mauricio Herrera and/or whether Provodnikov will present a tougher challenge (for Tim) than Luis Abregu did in 2010.

That question and the backgrounds to the Herrera V Provodnikov and Bradley V Abregu fights may tell all that’s needed to know about the fate of the Provodnikov V Bradley fight.

Bear in mind also that Tim Bradley fought Abregu, as Tim’s first welterweight fight and also whilst Tim was practically a light welterweight. Not a bad experience to call on for a guy like Provodnikov.

Needless to say Abregu was a fully blown welterweight with a high KO percentage when Tim fought and beat him, and Tim wasn’t really even a welterweight at all; as substantiated by the fact that Bradley went straight back to light welterweight and then successfully walked down Devon Alexander for the WBO and WBC light welterweight titles in 2011.

Regardless of that win, Bradley is still not a KO artist. Doesn’t mean he can't handle one though.

Fact is, Bradley handled Luis Abregu relatively easy. As demonstrated by the wide scorecard margins. To do that he had to know how to negate Abregu’s power, because Abregu was at that stage pretty much already a KO artist - that is unless winning by the easy route 80% of the time deserves another more apt and less flattering description.

To Provodnikov; he had a life and death struggle in a great fight with Herrera, whom is arguably a class (or two) down on Bradley. There is no doubt in my mind that Herrera would be destroyed and perhaps ruined permanently, if he fought Bradley.

Provodnikov looks like he fights with a controlled rage and that may or may not be a good/bad thing. It certainly makes him predictable and available for a wide variety of shots; particularly for the fighter that doesn’t buckle when being rushed and attacked.

Provodnikov may also have a little more intensity than Abregu, but from Bradley’s perspective it’s not unreasonable to imagine him thinking that fighting a welterweight OK artist Abregu - whilst Tim himself was easily a weight division below - probably means that Luis’ additional torque on his forward gears makes up for any extra intensity Provodnikov may have over Abregu.

Aside from that Tim’s underlying strategy for fighting Provodnikov probably won’t be too dissimilar to Luis Abregu, or any other fiercely competitive puncher that, if he has more than 1 dimension, it is rarely on display.

The principles on how each style deals with another never change, just the means and ways it is employed and wrapped up in anything additional and special that may constitute and exhibition of ancillary skills and special effects.

Currently Ruslan has been putting almost 70% of his opponents to sleep. Whereas Abregu (who appears to have battled better competition) has effectively used the sleeping pills in both hands to finish approximately 80% of his fights early.

A relatively shop worn DeMarcus Corley, whom had lost no less than 5 fights in a row prior to Provodnikov selecting him as an opponent, managed to stay out of harm’s way and avoid a charging Ruslan Provodnikov - who attempted to throw murderous punches almost completely throughout his fight with Corley in 2011.

Corley (not without some style and other similarities to Bradley) in his fight with the Russian Ruslan Provodnikov laid out one way to avoid Provodnikov’s KO attempts. It’s not an insignificant consideration because a KO must surely be the most obvious way he can beat Bradley, unless someone out there sincerely believes Provodnikov can stick and move with Bradley and win on points.

Interestingly, DeMarcus’ game-plan and ability to survive Provodnikov on that night was also not without its similarities to how Kassim Ouma (someone else both Corley and Bradley have similarities with) fought for 12 rounds and unexpectedly extended Golovkin; who is another fighter with a Russian/Kazakhstan decendency that sometimes (like Provodnikov) falls in love with punching - even though it doesn’t always have a strategic purpose.

Corley had been successively beaten by several top level or pretty good guys prior to his fight with Ruslan Provodnikov; but Provodnikov - despite arguably selecting Corley for a KO win (why else fight a name opponent that had just lost for the fifth time in a row prior to your offer?) - still couldn’t get him out of there early.

If Provodnikov can't get a past his prime and defensive minded Corley, who is approaching his sixth loss in a row, out early; the question is what did Corley do to nullify Provodnikov and can Bradley do the same and or better? Stated like that, it’s hard to arrive at the conclusion that Bradley can't

Over to perhaps something positive about Provodnikov’.

Emmanuel Augustus, after a lengthy and tough career found Provodnikov across the ring from him in 2010. At that stage of Augustus’ career (unlike Corley) he was unable to move, punch and think defensively when faced with reasonably big punchers; all at the same time. He was KO’d in 9 rounds by Provodnikov.

After Ruslan Provodnikov fought DeMarcus Corley he then fought and knocked out Torres and Reynoso; whom, whilst not stiffs, were hardly tremendous challenges. They served their purposes though and Provodnikov got KO wins on both counts by simply running over them so hard that they couldn’t get out of the way.

Provodnikov is a vicious body puncher. And, when given the chance, he doesn’t go to the head too badly either.

While all that happened for Provodnikov, Bradley had fought Alexander, Casamayor and Pacquiao. Bradley beat them all, and knocked out an ageing Joel Casamayor. Furthermore, Pacquiao who was arguably a better KO artist than Provodnikov, failed to knockout Tim when Tim controversially beat him.

Prior to the Alexander win, Bradley successfully fought the above-mentioned; Abregu, Campbell, Witter and Peterson, Cherry and Holt. Looking at that line-up; it’s not even worth mentioning Provodnikov’ competition during those same times - unless you didn’t want to draw comparisons or conclusions from the competition/differences.

When Herrera fought Provodnikov in 2011 both guys, particularly Herrera, were pushed to their limits. At times Herrera was so tired and hurt that he was merely punching on instinct. But the fact he kept punching and countering after Provodnikov came in and landed or missed - regardless of how tired and uncollected Mauricio was - became significant and paid dividends on the scorecards.

That was because of Provodnikov’ lack of meaningful defence.

If Herrera was able to remain composed enough to both make Provodnikov miss and also deliver his own power shots, without putting too much muscle/effort behind it; Provodnikov probably would have gone down. Still regardless of all this, even when Provodnikov got caught, hit and buzzed; his game-plan never changed.

That will not be a good thing against Bradley and it’s probably why Roach is saying that Provodnikov will fight Tim differently; regardless of whether it’s true or not.

If Corley can get out of the way and survive after 5 losses; it’s probably fair to say, so can Tim. And if Abregu can't land enough telling power shots against Bradley, then Roach better be serious when he says Provodnikov will fight differently; not in the least as not only had Bradley shown us that he can take away guys like Abregu and Provodnikov’ main weapons - but Provodnikov may also just be easier to hit than most of Bradley’s opponents over the last 3 or 4 years.

Herrera has shown us that.

Provided Bradley can handle and diffuse Provodnikov’ power, and remain composed; he should have it in the bag. Bradley’s skills, movement, combinations, better class of opponents and overall experience tell us that.

maromero says:

Bradley....hmmmm...when I think about Bradley I think about a spot that I would not like to be in.He defeated Manny but it seems like thats the worst thing that happenned in his career.

Bradley will be beat or jobbed. Either way, he's getting the BIG payday. This dude is the most despised fighter on two big-@ss feet and big-@ss cranium. Hahaha! Holla!

The Cali Cranium Crusher Lmmfao!!!
@Maromero real talk winning a fight against PAC was suppose to be a dream come true instead it's turned into a nightmare.

well thats because he lost 10/12 rounds and got a roberry decision and runs around bragging about destroying pacman..

its honestly looney...

alls bradley had to say was that it was a close fight that could have went either way and he respects manny and would

fight a rematch..

how hard is that?

apparently it is disturbingly hard...

ive never seen a more muscular person with absolutely no punching power....it amazes me

bradley should be on espns sports science for the ridiculous fact of how he has no power

its an anomally

He has neither brain power or punching power, just cranium crushing your syet with dat big-arse cranium crusher. And his can run like bambi with those size-13 dogs. WTF! People ought to quit searching for "Big Foot." My theory is that Bradley is the culprit. He cannot admit to losing. Maybe he will fess up about being Big Foot.

Bradley should be getting mad pay. He's a freak. How many 5-foot-5 cats do you know that wear a size nine hat and a size 13 shoe? After his squared-jungle career, he should sign up for a traveling circus or carnival. And he can keep up his fantasy of beating Da Manny and how Da Manny is scare of him. Holla!

stormcentre says:

All good points Amayseng. I have often wondered too, why Tim didn't just concede the Pacquiao fight was very close. As for Bradley's lack of KO wins, that's interesting too. As, you would think, he will need some power to tame Ruslan; unless he intend to use his head (again).

stormcentre says:

What 5 5 dude wears a 9 hat and wears 13 in shoes hahahaha! Lmmfao!! His head got wayyyy more power then his fist .

Sure! I know it very well. The corrupted-arse USADA allow roids and PEDs that VADA and WADA deem illegal and BIG no-nos. It is like the whole hurt bitnezz of boxing. Nevada and California allows an amount of syet in a fighter that other state and country commissions will not. In the U.S. capitol city of Washington, you can shoot pellets of roids up in your poot inside your anus, and pay a quack to say that you had a medical illness of "Low T" and needed a roids-and-PEDs boost up da @ss. Give me a break!

I'm all for Texas and the Philippines. Double fudge the d@mn TESTS. Fight muthasuckas! Look like Hulks if you like, but real fighters will whup yo' sorry @sses! No matter whatever is in you. Holla!

riverside says:

Stormcentre, I like your analogy! my boy beat Ruslan on pure skills. Looks like Ruslan has improve since and hoping for an upset here! looks like TM is very confident since my boy,is a mere sparring partner for him. He has been helping him prepare for the fight. I will not be surprised if timmy jumps off the canvass onces or twice, Ruslan is very strong. I still got Timmy winning UD.

Wow! The Cali Cranium Crusher is short on skills. His best skill is his trick of the trade of cranium crushing. He'll smack that whole-size-nine head straight-up in your mug and bust your eyelids wide open. And he will bambi hop and trot with those size-13 dogs of his instead of rumbling; and then those dogs will start barking after dey start stumbling. Hehehe!

Much luv to him, but his will be fighting near LA, not Palm Springs. Expect for him to be treated with the cold shoulder by the City of the Angeles' fight crowd. Holla!

stormcentre says:

Sure! I know it very well. The corrupted-arse USADA allow roids and PEDs that VADA and WADA deem illegal and BIG no-nos. It is like the whole hurt bitnezz of boxing. Nevada and California allows an amount of syet in a fighter that other state and country commissions will not. In the U.S. capitol city of Washington, you can shoot pellets of roids up in your feces inside your anus, and pay a quack to say that you had a medical illness of "Low T" and needed a roids-and-PEDs boost up da @ss. Give me a break!

Yes, I think I understand you. Agreed.

stormcentre says:

Thanks. I can see where you're coming from with those comments. Ruslan is the kind of guy that can drop most guys at, or around, his weight. But Tim "should" have the skills to move and box and capitalise.

stormcentre says:

Stormcentre said = Radam, you do know that Bradley opted for USADA testing rather than VADA don’t you?

Yes, OK. I thought you were aware of it all and that was what your big-head comments were alluding too. As soon as TB elected not to go with VADA my spider sense started to tingle. His reason for doing so was also pretty average.

radam you kill me with your bradley shoe size talk

hahahah

Bradley is more than a one trick pony.. his kills will be on full display in an excellent display against Provodnikov next week.

But he is a one BIG-@SS cranium con muthasucka, who is probably the missing-link "Big Foot." He'll bambi again until those size 13 dogs start barking and howling. Bradley will get more big-foot injuries. Holla!

Bradley is definitely on the roids. He matches Barry Bonds in dome size and dog size, and dat sucka is eight inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter than Bonds. I bet Bradley can hit a baseball out of a b-ball park by 50 kilometers. See that roids jive doesn't help his hitting in pugilism. Dat jive just eye candyizes your body in Hulkized, but no bang, pop and crack. Holla!

stormcentre says:

Hey BS, I was hoping you would wade in on this thread BS cause it's always good to have more experienced insight with these things. Plus I was wondering what your view of Bradley might be, as he’s become quite controversial now for a few reasons.

Another interesting element related to this (that I forgot to mention in my previous analytical stab) is the fact that Provodnikov is stepping up and fighting at welterweight for the first time. Whilst that may mean he has more energy in the latter rounds, there is also a good chance that it will also work into Bradley's favour in quite a few ways.

Sure Rulsan may carry more power, but it is unlikely (at least in my view) that, as a result, it won’t simply lead to him wanting to load up, try the “new” power, and land; once he’s lent a few rounds to doing a few things different (Roaches’ prediction that Provodnikov will fight differently).

That will make him predictable and if Bradley controls the distance, the fight should be his. Not in the least as Provodnikov looks so vulnerable to counters when in with guys that aren't intimidated enough to stay in the pocket, catch, unload, and throw.

Bradley in my opinion is the kind of guy that fights well with something to prove. And with the last Pacquiao fight (regardless of what anyone’s view of the controversy was) and Roach’s comments about that, Tim’s fighting approach within it, and also the way Freddie has been publicly stating Tim will (cowardly) fight with when faced with Provodnikov; as you say, I reckon Tim will do his best to put on a clinical display demonstrating how guys like Provodnikov don’t belong in there with him.

Bradley is certainly more than a one trick pony that's for sure.

stormcentre says:

Yes aside from Bradley's unconvincing comments about why he selected USADA and not VADA, that we previously commented on in this thread; there is also the fact that within some recent video of Bradley that I saw, where he was talking about the Provodnikov fight - he claimed that between his camp for Provodnikov and the Pacquiao fight he hadn't been training for some extended period of time. I can't remember the exact timeframe but I am pretty sure that it was either 12 or 18 months.

Firstly, I don't believe anyone at his level and in the Top Rank stable, would not train for that long even if they didn't have a fight lined up. I know and do believe his foot injury is genuine. But, secondly and in any event, that boy is amazingly cut and/or ripped for someone that hasn't trained like a world champion for even 6 months!

Thirdly Bradley's protective and deflective comments about Lamont Peterson - when the Kahn fight was cancelled as a result of Lamont's surgically justified and surgically inserted (but completely unnecessary in my opinion) testosterone pellets; pushing his testosterone levels into the vicinity of a race horse - were very telling and unusually accepting. Particularly considering how the scandalous and publicly released aspects of that matter were only in their infancy (and therefore relatively unknown to most) such that it was practically impossible for anyone to know - with the confidence Tim exhibited - that Peterson would have an suitable explanation to deem the entire situation acceptable.

I know Bradley and Peterson are friends, but the entire situation came across to me as if Bradley knew - only too well - that advising your doctor that you suffer from the symptoms that men with low testosterone experience can easily result in medically approved testosterone pellets being inserted that - whilst not initially acceptable to some PED tests - can not only overturn a positive PED test revealing hight testosterone levels, but also mask other PE substances.

Each individual above-mentioned Bradley related circumstance can probably be easily explained and is "perhaps" understandable or maybe justifiable. But together, to me, they all represent an "interesting" pattern.

Your thoughts?

Bradley has already agreed to VADA TESTING for his next fight... also when Bradley defeated Peterson ....there's no way to measure how high a concentration Peterson was using that day as he was beaten from pillar to post while eventually being floored.
Suspicion is much easier to manufacture than proof.
Anybody on the street can hurl an unfounded accusation....with little effort.
Truth supported by facts is a much harder commodity to obtain.

No, B-Sug! The Cali Cranium Crusher agreed to USADA, not VADA. Besides, there is no rule against using. It is just the amounts used and the banned ones not accepted for a certain commission. Ninety-nine percent of boxers, including Bradley and Money May, are using roids and PEDs that give their bodies that Hulk-eye-candy look. Holla!

Maybe I spoke too fast. An in da know just skyped me that he believes Bradley indeed is using VADA with a few waviers. Holla!

bradley is a joke, he turned down a 2.6 mill payday with peterson who is looking terrific,

for a no name (to the nonhardcore) for what like 25% the money..

also he says the boxing public needs to see more of him..

ive had enough and dont want much more..

plus he said he rewatched the pac fight and won 8 rounds...

bradley is up there with ortiz

stormcentre says:

In the video I saw Bradley himself said he initially went with USADA because they were all he knew. It was a very, very lame reason in my view. Particularly considering that every fighter knows how controversially flexible USADA have been and that VADA exist. Recently he may have changed over to use VADA, but I will be extremely surprised if Bradley has opted to use VADA without conditions and/or limiting VADA’s scope. I hope I am wrong.

stormcentre says:

Update; I have located the video of Bradley.

In it he's actually stating that he’s been inactive for 6 months; with the exception of strength training - which can be a worry (ah la Vargas before Mosley).

Bradley, also (interestingly in my view) in the same video, confirms that he had VADA originally scheduled for the PED testing in relation to the Provodnikov fight, but then opted to switch over to USADA (whom are more relaxed than VADA, not as inflexible as VADA, and are less stringent and comprehensive with their tests than VADA).

So Bradley went from the more reputable PED testing regime - to the less reputable PED testing regime; according to this video.

If anyone wants it email me via the forum.

dino da vinci says:

Update; I have located the video of Bradley.

If anyone wants it email me via the forum.

Storm, this forum isn't like the other places on the net. Post it in this thread. And a great thread at that.

@Radam. You have major dislike for Bradley. Why, G?

No way that I dislike the Cali Cranium Crusher/Big Foot -- aka Tim "Lying-arse" Bradley. I'm just funning and retorting to his bulljive. Holla!

But TB is personally rude and moody and a fibber. No doubt that he has roid rage, but his big-arse head couldn't fit in a Mighty Joe Young cage. I just hope that he is never given a movie part and a knife. I'm reminded of OJ Simpson's ex wife.

Bradley needs to get off the roids. No rhyme. He will go berserk in time. He is suck a fake. He'd push you in a lake. And then pretend that you fell -- no mistake. And that he was trying to save you for goodness sake. Somebody oughta smack him with a cake. And inside that cake needs to be medicine for the insane. Maybe TB would eat bit of it like a-big-headed one-trick pony snacking on a sugarcane. Hehehe! I gotta catch this plane.

Here I come LA. And karma is coming for TB -- OKAY! Holla!

McHomer says:

I think it will be interesting to see if Bradley has enough power to get Provodnikov's respect. If Bradely doesn't have enough pop and Provodnikov stays busy and works the body, Bradley is going to have to run all night.

Bambi -- I mean Bradley -- is going to run all night. Those 13-size dogs are going to be barking, blistering and howling. And Bradley's big-@ss dome is going to be getting popped, as Bradley is gonna be Cali Cranium crushing da mug of the long-name Russian at every turn. If it is a good ref, Bradley will lose points for dat jive trick of the trade.

Nobody is running to Tim Bradley as if he is a Cali gold rush. That muthachump may get D'Qed for causing a Provodnikov an-over-da eyes blood gush. Holla!

stormcentre says:

@Radam. You have major dislike for Bradley. Why, G?

OK Dino. Here goes . . . .

Yes, well I wasn’t sure. Some forums don’t approve of posting URLs. Plus, there were a few participants within this thread that made claims (some a little strong) that conflicted with what Bradley himself stated whilst also seeming to doubt that previous claims I made were based on enough sound probability to justify my opinion; so I wanted to provide them with an opportunity to gracefully (not publicly) modify their views, as well as the opportunity to also see how the probability of that which we were originally discussing and extrapolating is certainly not incomprehensible. And to also illustrate in a manner that wasn’t misinterpreted as a justification for a forum war, how the view was beyond mere suspicion; even if you deleted how obviously prevalent PEDs and positive tests are in boxing.

Personally I found it quite interesting that some were quick to dismiss, ridicule and claim that there was a lack of substantiation; whilst when it was offered . . . .. . . I received no emails.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Even if they aren’t substantiated and seek to expose. I guess that is one purpose of a forum.

However, in this case the view which was detailed in my above-mentioned posts was - contrary to what some claimed - actually quite well supported by the truth, facts and a little more than suspicion. The main foundation of my post was that Bradley was unconvincing in his reasons for switching from VADA to USADA. That resulted in some claiming my post was unfounded and devoid of the truth because it was claimed that Bradley actually was being tested by VADA. I am cool with this, but unfortunately that view is wrong unless what Bradley himself states about the matter in the below video (which substantiates my views and claims were not unfounded) is incorrect. In my view, particularly if you're going to assert that someone is hurling unfounded accusations without any truth or substance, it’s always better to check your own facts first; otherwise you risk coming across a little hypocritical and bitter.

Just so it is clear, my view is that Bradley’s actions and physique (both, not just the latter), at times, are quite revealing and they also betray his words. Particularly those that suggest he supports cleaning up the sport from PEDs and fighting clean.

Bradley releases these claims whilst at the same time (in complete conflict with what anyone would do if they really wanted to ensure all fights were clean and had a choice between USADA and VADA) he not only confirms that he would be more comfortable with a significantly less stringent PED testing regime and an organization (USADA) that;

a) Not only has a history of, in some cases, detailing up front whether its random tests will check for a particular PED; therefore providing the tested athlete with the opportunity to clean up or safely remain in “cycle” if the dope used is not tested.
b) But is also an organization that has a history of entering into agreements to move certain well known PEDs out of scope.
c) As well being as an organization that (Bradley knows) is known to fail in its ability to detect certain PEDs and banned substances; including those that mask the use of other PEDs.

Furthermore, the organization Bradley not only prefers (USADA), but explicitly states he has chosen above VADA (whom exhibit none of the relaxed and controversial characteristics of USADA); has also been known to;
a) In certain circumstances, offer promoters and/or fighters the ability to alter the scope of the PED testing regime, after the fact. That is after positive tests have been relayed to (in some case only) the promoter and fighter. This kind of “business process” would, of course, offset the fact that a certain banned substance was detected but perhaps not included in the pre-testing negotiations pertaining to the test’s scope.
b) Remain quiet when promoters engage in questionable conduct to circumvent and/or associate accurate PED results (usually from VADA, but also USADA) with ambiguity; via the use of USADA and/or other athletic commissions.
c) Participate in activities that have the appearance of both; assisting promoters to contain the fallout associated with positive PED tests and retaining clients. This includes favorable and unusual media releases. As well as repetitively testing boxers scheduled to feature on well publicized and expensive promotions (whom have just turned in a positive result); in a “suspicious” manner that is not only undefined and/or improperly explained (if at all) but one that appears perfectly designed to produce a negative test result that can be used to create ambiguity either at the time or later - just like this http://www.boxingscene.com/erik-morales-plans-return-releases-usada-letter--63176

But he also openly states that he purposefully dismissed VADA and opted for USADA, whilst providing reasoning for it that is so lame that it alone justifies anyone having a suspicion. Here is the link to the video that confirms this. But seriously if anyone really needed to wait for that link to know whether what I was saying was accurate or not; they mustn’t know how to use a search engine and type “Tim Bradley USADA testing”.

Bradley is, in my opinion, unreliable when it comes to his actions and comments on PEDs. I discuss this and other related matters in my long post “Mayweather V Pacquiao - The Unnecessary Controversy”
Anyway, please bear in mind, that when Bradley confirmed he preferred USADA testing (11.40 in the video) and had canned VADA; it was after Bradley knew that VADA managed to detect those amounts of testosterone in Lamont Peterson’s system that were apparently there for “medical purposes” and the result of a testosterone pellet; whilst USADA had not detected them.
Bear in mind also that testosterone, like many other substances that USADA don’t test for and/or don’t “see” even if they did test for them; can mask other PED’s - including those that are dangerous and may not be well known.
VADA not only knows this and meaningfully does something about it, but their approach to bending to promoters and fighter’s needs - particularly after a positive test has been delivered - is in some cases a complete contrast to USADAs. That has been well documented.
Therefore my above comments about Bradley are more than simply unfounded suspicion without truth.
They rely on;
1) The state of the sport.
2) The increasing amount of boxers over the last few years that have unexpectedly/expectedly tested positive and/or been associated with banned substances. (Holyfield, Mosley, Oscar, Roy Jones, Joey Gilbert, Toney, Morrison, Klitschko, Vargas, Tyson, Mayweather, Marquez, Mayorga, Tarver, Bowe , Peterson, Berto, Botha, Chavez, Gamboa, Morales; to name just a few).
3) The promoters interesting actions and both them and fighters often find the more relaxed USADA and their less stringent tests, a more convenient choice; whilst remarkably at the same time claiming they want to clean up the sport.
4) The difference between what is said and done with respect to PEDs.
5) USADA’s difference between what is said and done/expected with respect to PEDs.
6) VADA’s similarity between what is said and done/expected with respect to PEDs.
7) VADA’s success in detecting PED’s and VADA’s unpopularity.
8) USADA’s failures in detecting some PED’s and UAADA’s popularity.
9) USADA’s interesting business processes that allow promoters and/or fighters to intervene, influence and/or become involved in ways that are not openly advertised and should be unacceptable to anyone claiming to clean the sport up.

Add to the matter Bradley has just recovered from an injury; a circumstance that historically has a very high probability of involving PEDs - as much as it is commonly used as an excuse for their presence; even for those not predisposed to them. And, I believe, there is some substantial reasons to be concerned about Bradley in this context - as much as it shows that the manner in which I (and others) are concerned about Bradley in this context is not entirely without merit and far more evaluated and considered than say any accusation that wrongly asserts that the views are the result of simply casting suspicion without consideration; may state.
That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate anyone’s opinion; because I do, and I hope, in turn, they appreciate mine.
There is more probability to this though. As there is also the fact that Tim says he has only been doing strength work whilst recovering. What is a common origin and activity for most PEDs in boxing. Is it not strength trainers? Is this not where Vargas, Marquez and many other were said to have gone astray? Roach himself and several others that are respected in the sport, have has alluded to removing strength trainers from boxing as a means of cleaning it up from PEDs.
From my perspective we have a guy, Bradley, whose boxing friend Peterson very publicly tested positive in a VADA test - whilst USADA were asleep at the wheel. With that, VADA not only demonstrated that they have the ability to detect substances that USADA can't, but they also showed that Lamont Peterson had medically justifiable (but questionable) testosterone pellets inserted and that they can be used to mask other PEDs - even if you assume Lamont needed the pellets and accept that his high but medically justifiable testosterone level provided no advantage.
I certainly don’t accept that his high testosterone level provided no advantage.
We also have Bradley stating that he wants to ensure that the boxing canvass - playing field is level, and that none of his opponents are cheating.
Yet when fighting a guy like Provodnikov - someone whom, if you were assessing whether to participate for PED testing, has several of the hallmarks of a PED assisted fighter (I am not saying he is dirty; but his power and stamina centric style is certainly one that would greatly benefit from some PEDs to the point where, if I were fighting him and given the choice between USADA and VADA; it would be VADA for me even if - unlike Bradley - I hadn’t already been shown that USADA are so relaxed that many dangerous and serious things can easily go under the radar and/or get negotiated away after the fact); Bradley opts for a superficial testing regime.
Actually it’s worse than that, because it required less work to have the best testing regime in place; as that was what was there at the start before it was all agreed upon. Yet Bradley, despite his claims about cleaning up the sport, went to the effort to switch and ensure USADA testing was in place; before he agreed.
Add to all that all the above-mentioned reasons that increase the probability that Bradley would like to have tests that (in accordance with the ability to predetermine the scope) that check for some things and not others; for reasons that benefit him - and another picture or explanation for motives quickly comes into view.
Why wouldn’t you want the most stringent testing regime (VADA) when your personal objective is to clean up the sport and ensure your opponents aren’t cheating; as Bradley states? Why - when your personal objective is to clean up the sport and ensure your opponents aren’t cheating - would you go to the effort to switch from VADA to USADA, when you know from a boxing friend’s first-hand experience that some substances that both provide a cheating advantage and also mask others that provide a cheating advantage, are not detected by USADA; whilst caught by VADA?
This makes almost the same amount of non-sense as Bradley’s physique is curious. Particularly considering that he confirms he has not trained intensively and properly for six months; whilst others whom have far less breaks blow up and look unfit. Yet Bradley is ripped everywhere all the time.
Perhaps it’s all a coincidence and just suspicion.
Remember Bradley has waited a long time for the big time. Even after fighting and beating Pacquiao the fame didn’t come. He knows that being ready can mean the difference between losing and winning, or fading off into the realm of the forgotten. Even if you're not a Top Rank fighter that didn’t play Joshua Clottey in there with Pacman.
Then there is also the fact that within the video where Bradley himself explicitly confirms he switched from VADA to USADA (not the other way around); his explanation for doing so is supremely left wanting. So much so that to be concerned about Bradley in the manner discussed here in this post is both more than justified whilst also going a little beyond suspicion. As the probability of this matter speaks for itself.
Furthermore, any claim that assumes my previous comments were unfounded accusation plagued by the difficulties and value of the commodity called truth; appears to rely on Bradley agreeing to VADA testing. A quick glance at the posts that followed substantiates that. However, this is despite those views;
a) (In their efforts to assert my claims were incorrect, unfounded and without substance) not only being completely at odds with that which Bradley himself has explicitly confirmed.

b) Overlooking how the slippery truth of the matter - contrary to what was asserted - actually supports my concerns in more ways than simply defining, in Bradley’s own words, how it was incorrect to claim that my version of what testing Bradley agreed to; was wrong.

Not in least because Bradley made a conscious decision to give preference to (the lesser) USADA PED testing over (the better) VADA PED testing. Furthermore, he did this at a time when all he really needed to do - particularly if his personal objective was really to clean up the sport and ensure his opponents weren’t cheating - was to agree to the already proposed VADA testing, leave it all alone, spend no effort, and focus entirely on fight preparations only.
Please note that lends to what I and others were saying far more than if Bradley had, at the start, just been given the option of USADA testing only, and elected not to explore his other options. Other options such as, say, those related to VADA. Anybody can assume that an accusation is unfounded. But before doing so it is important to check your own facts first; well at least in my view.
Even given the above - which itself is a significant body of evidence - at least enough to substantiate that we are not simply hurling unfounded accusations, and that our suspicion, concerns and the above-mentioned threads that remark on Bradley and his inconsistencies, are justified; the fact and truth of the matter is that there are even more reasons to exercise caution, concern and probability with respect to this matter, PEDs and Tim.

Please note, that after the interviewer puts Bradley on the spot for switching (from the more professional VADA) to the more flexible and easier to manipulate USADA; as mentioned above, Tim’s reason for switching - given after he had previously stated his personal objective (in relation to having PED testing for the Provodnikov and other fights) was to clean up the sport and ensure his opponents aren’t cheating - that he provided was almost laughable.

Bradley claims that a lack of understanding and knowledge about VADA and a familiarity of USADA drove him to switch from VADA to USADA.

Place that against Bradley’s PED mission statement “my personal objective is to clean up the sport and ensure my opponents aren’t cheating”; and then recall all Bradley’s knowledge of, and his public comments about the Peterson V Kahn fight being cancelled. Something is amiss. And, in my opinion, it’s more than just being a Top Rank fighter (more on that later).

In the video it can be clearly seen that Bradley’s implausible and incredible explanation for switching is associated with lots of hand gesture/movements and other micro-expressions that are normally associated with nervousness and lying. Micro-expressions are more than guesswork and are commonly used and successfully relied upon in government security circles.

However, in this case the micro-expressions are really just ancillary indicators and interpreting them is not really necessary.

Because, for other well known reasons, it is clear Bradley is lying and again being misleading. Not in the least as, contrary to his claims for switching, Bradley is actually extremely familiar with VADA. As prior to that interview and the Provodnikov fight in question, his friend Lamont Peterson was tested positive, by VADA, for a substance that went undetected with USADA. Bradley not only knew this, but he commented on it at length in other interviews where he was asked for his opinion about Lamont’s tests and the subsequent cancellation of the Kahn fight. Even aside from this, if there is a boxer at Bradley’s level that doesn’t know VADA test and catch everything, and that some other fighters and promoters have been sensationally exposed with VADA tests that they can’t scientifically debunk; it will be remarkable.

In any event, I refer to Bradley’s curious knowledge of those matters in my above and other posts/threads.

So now we have all these “coincidences” associated with Bradley. The very same “coincidences” are also commonly associated with PED use and detection evasion. And we also have Bradley’s selection, preference and incredible explanation of USADA over VADA; that simply defies the imagination.

Sure, Tim went with USADA rather than VADA because, as he says, he only knows USADA. Only problem with that (aside from not being true) is that he not only knows VADA, he also knows they have the greatest probability of catching unclean fighters out - even those with “so called” medically approved substances that also mask other performance enhancing agents - whether they're in his friend’s bodies or not.

To contemplate all these circumstances and all Bradley’s explanations and to still not arrive at the conclusion that it is justified to, at least, interpret matters as the probability dictates; is one thing. But to push it all aside and instead believe that Bradley’s actions in no way allude to another (yet to be announced and more accurate) PED related explanation. And to also believe that Bradley’s PED related actions - particularly those that differ to his words - are not suspicious, whilst at the same time assuming that anyone that thinks otherwise is simply subscribing to untruths and hurling unfounded accusations; surely must be exactly what Bradley would like us all to believe.

Unfortunately I am not so easily convinced. Perhaps 10 years ago I may have been. But there are too many “coincidences” and lame explanations in there with Bradley’s actions for me.

This entire matter has particular poignancy when you consider that Bradley himself claims that he wants to ensure his fights and the sport is clean. But at the same time and in his own words Tim went from one organization;

VADA; whom are known to be so excellent at finding PEDs that they're unpopular for promoters and fighters like Bradley - as much as they have caught Bradley’s friend out for having banned substances, that USADA failed to detect, in his body that both provide real advantages and mask other banned substances).

To . . . .

USADA; whom, at best, have a very controversial background with some fights and influential promoters.

Put that with all the other above-mentioned facts, probability and references, and I think it more than substantiates how any concerns about Bradley are a little more than simply hurling unfounded suspicion and disregarding the truth. The guy is ripped 24/7 regardless of whether he trains, and has just opted for USADA over VADA for reasons that not only seriously conflict with his own PED testing mission statement - but they also are reasons that are completely inconsistent with his own actions and words.

For the record; I actually think Bradley is a good boxer and respect all opinions on the matter.

Peace boxing lovers.

stormcentre says:

Agreed. Bradley has to be able to deal with and/or diffuse Provodnikov's power to make it to the 12 round's final bell, let alone win. I am interested to see whether Tim can hurt Provodnikov. Huerrera did, so Bradley should be able to. Plus this is Provodnikov's first fight at welterweight.

All things being equal (which they probably aren't - but you know what I mean); Provodnikov is the type of guy that Bradley probably will only hurt later in the fight when he is tired and collects a few fast and unexpected shots he doesn't see.

Ditto, Storm! Team Bradley is a lot of loutish liars. Those muthajokers just cannot be truthful. They straight-up lies to top-gun newpaper journalist who bent over backward us them to get their jive-turkey blank-da-blank out.

Trueline and bottomline, Tim Bradley is going with the highly corrupted USADA because he know that VADA will not give waivers for being dirty that USADA has agreed to. Team Bradley is typical boxing -- SEEDY! Hehehe!

WTF is in TB's "vegan diet?" Roids are in his bean sandwich, and PEDs are in his smoothes. What a R &P wuzzy! Holla!

stormcentre says:

Ditto, Storm! Team Bradley is a lot of loutish liars. Those muthajokers just cannot be truthful. They straight-up told lies to top-gun newpaper journalist who bent over backward for them to get their jive-turkey blank-da-blank out.

Thanks RadamG. Yes, there are just too many "coincidences" with this one.

I think Bradleys bank account is more than enough compensation for bad press.... he gave Paq a good scrap..he didn't win in my eyes...but it was closer than what he's given credit for.
Bradley tried to give him a rematch...being the younger hungrier guy he might have won the rematch in an ugly brawl of a title fight. We'll probably never know now.

Bradley will give Paq credit for the first fight long after he's hung up the gloves...just like Leonard finally gave Hearns credit .......but for now that"W" will be used as an asset on Bradleys books. It will be part of hi introduction for every fight(the Paq Slayer). ......and every time casual fans hear it...they'll go "who's that guy?....he must be a beast".

RG....IF the USADA is the most corrupted drug agency..then why didn't Paq ever test? Surely he had the money ..prestige and connections to pay them off like you say Bradley must have done... instead he chose the weakest form of testing..the **** test.

by the convoluted standards of this witch hunt, Paq has to be juicing. Especially when you take into account that Paq hits ten times harder than Bradley.

No need to respond unless you can back it up with evidence.

Be it is pro boxing and there are already rules in place, though seedy as they are. Money May started that grandstanding syet for all this testing. I don't agree with testing. Those roids and PEDs don't win fights. As I already noted, I'm with Texas, the Indian Reservations and the Philippines. In the words of a great ref: "Let's get it on!"

And stop this jive of weak-@ss roids and PEDs testing. They're not giving jive suckas victories somehow, anyway. I can name tons of fighters on suspension right now for dat jive, and the users lost their bouts clearly.

Da Manny ain't no grandstander and fronter. He's a fighter, who test skills and talents, not myths about super syet dat ain't syet. Get rid of the condition trainers and roids-and-PEDs outfits. And just let 122-year-old professional gloved boxing be itself -- seedy to da T. Holla!

Oh, YUP! Maybe you haven't heard but punchers are born. Not roids-and-PEDs made. Bradley punching power could slightly increase by proper techniques. That flaunting and swatting give roids-and-PEDs noggin no cooperation. And bambilizing with those long-arse, size-13 dogs take away his power even more. Holla!

dino da vinci says:

@Radam. Bambilizing? That's a verb, yes? Radam, it's amazing how many things we agree on. Then you lose me when you comment on how you're 'more than ok' with seedy boxing. Here's a sport with no DL List, no Injured Reserve. No fighters benching themselves because they have to face left-handed pitching. Heck, compared to pugilists (& MMA fighters), those other athletes are sissies. More fighters go into a fight with nagging injuries of some kind than those that don't. These are amazing athletes in a great sport that has a clear need to be exorsised of it's seediness.

Boxing is war with gloves on, instead of war with guns, bombs and nukes. Where are the weapon of mass destruction? There were none, just a bunch of seediness. Where is the justice for Jack Johnson? There is none for "Unforgivable Blackness," just a bunch of seediness. Why are no million-dollar dolls, thousand-dollar damsels and cheaply-paid dames on ESPN fights anymore? Because fat-belly men are threatened by seeing members of the XX chromosome being able to whup dat XY chromosome @ss. Seediness of combat, and that's that. Hehehe! Holla!

Raiders says:

Tim Bradley does charity and is a good family man but he is hated, is it cause of the color of his skin? Where is the hate for Rios for his robbery of Abril which he celebrated.

Nobody but maybe a few sickos would hate Bradley because of his skin color. I doubt that many people hate him PERIOD! People just don't like a ¢ocksure clown playing with their commonsense. Rios's bout was close. Bradley's bout was not. For what all TB does, he's still delusional and a con artist. Holla!

nobody dislikes bradley because of the color of his skin, he could be green for all i care...

in fact i liked him before the alexander fight,

having to tirlessly listen to his rhetoric and propaganda telling us he won 8 rounds clearly and we fans dont know shyt

about boxing is old...

in fact after the fight he was in the ring caught on video telling his trainer that he tried but couldnt beat pacman that

floyd wont win either because pac keeps coming and wont stop....

then turns around and hands us the bs..........continuily for a year now... its old

stormcentre says:

I can certainly say that I don’t hate him and actually think he is a really talented boxer.

Really talented boxers also, sometimes, look for any advantage they can get.

And Bradley, for the above-mentioned reasons, makes me wonder when I hear him talk about cleaning up the sport from PEDs; but at the same time running away from the best way to do it.