LOTIERZO'S LOWDOWN: Pacquiao's ESPN Comments Ensure Mayweather Victory

BY Frank Lotierzo ON September 26, 2012

PacquiaoMarquezIII Hogan 39 Most boxing observers have either seen or heard by now that Manny Pacquiao was on ESPN's show First Take last week and said that he'll let Floyd Mayweather have a 55-45 purse split advantage and he'll also agree to submit to drug testing and giving blood right up until the fight. We'll, that should do it and as it's been said here as recently as May 9th, Mayweather and Pacquiao will eventually fight. But not until Manny foolishly agrees to every single stipulation that Mayweather has made and it appears we're almost there.

For the better part of the last three years boxing fans have been going back and forth arguing over who would win if Floyd and Manny ever met in the ring. Both sides have made strong and compelling cases as to why Mayweather or Pacquiao will emerge victorious. However, in my opinion both sides have overlooked the most obvious reason as to why Mayweather has to be and will most likely go off as a nearly 2-1 favorite on the night of the fight. And that's because Floyd's one of the best and most patient manipulators in history.

It's no secret that Floyd is the most risk averse great fighter we've ever seen. He doesn't fight anybody until everything is in his favor. He knows that he's managed his career to the point to where he now must retire undefeated or he'll be remembered most for the fight he lost, regardless of who the opponent was that beat him. He knew by just sitting back and letting the fans think he fears Pacquiao, it would work to his advantage and it has.

He's strung the fight out so long that Pacquiao has run out of opponents and had to settle on fighting a fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez this winter, the only fighter who he's never beaten once conclusively in three tries. Assuming Pacquiao beats Marquez for argument sake, Manny will sometime in the not to distant future fight Mayweather and will probably have agreed to a 42% purse split along with agreeing to be woken up at midnight the night before the fight and submit to one last drug test.

The fact of the matter is, Pacquiao shouldn't have to submit himself to any special type of drug testing than what he's done for his past fights. There's never been a hint that Pacquiao has used any type of steroid or HGH in the past nor has he ever failed a drug test before or after any fight of his career. But Mayweather has manipulated the conversation so much so that the fighter who couldn't put a mark on Marquez in their last fight is too dangerous for Mayweather and must prove to Floyd that he's clean and drug free. What a joke!

So to all you guys who were debating for the last three years who and why either Mayweather or Pacquiao would win if they ever fought, you missed it. It's been obvious for years that Mayweather was never gonna fight Pacquiao until he started to show signs that he's surely on the decline and also agreed to jump through hoops agreeing to whatever conditions Mayweather insisted on him to make the fight.

In other words the fight was never gonna happen until Mayweather felt it was safe. And don't misconstrue that as me saying Floyd feared fighting Manny because I don't believe that. What I believe is Mayweather won't get in the ring with Pacquiao until he is beyond a doubt in his mind and heart that victory is certain for him. And he knew the Pacquiao fight would be there for him whenever he wanted it and that's why he could play that game and wait Manny out.

Well, that time has come.

As of this writing Pacquiao hasn't looked good in his last three fights and is surely not the fighter he was in 2010. His stamina has waned, he punches less and he's easier to hit and time with leads and counters. He reacts to getting hit with a little more trepidation now and is showing signs that he's tired of the demands that it takes to stay on top as a great fighter. On the other hand Mayweather has never looked bigger and stronger. And don't hand me the malarkey that he uses his legs less now. He moves less because he's smarter and more economical with his movement. In other words its by design and choice, not necessity.

The later the fight takes place between Mayweather and Pacquiao, it favors Mayweather more despite the fact that he is technically the older fighter. In reality Floyd has much more left on his odometer than Pacquiao does on his both physically and emotionally. Add to that Pacquiao will have agreed to Mayweather's foolish and over zealous demands in order to make the fight a reality.

So in essence game over.

For the last two plus years it's been said in this space that Mayweather would beat Pacquiao when they fought. Granted, I've always felt he was too big for Pacquiao and held the style advantage. But my choice of Mayweather goes way beyond styles and strategies. See, I always believed wholeheartedly that when Floyd and Manny finally fought, it would only be because Manny was slipping and was so worn out by the prospect of the fight hanging over him, that he'd finally cave in and like a fool give into Mayweather's BS and demands. In a way I sense that Manny just wants to get the fight over with so he can move onto the next phase of his life. It's easy to deduce that Manny's tired of chasing Floyd all over the globe to make the fight.

Yes, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are going to eventually meet. And it'll come at a time when defeating Pacquiao isn't the feat it was considered a few years ago. But Mayweather doesn't care and will spin it that because he beat Pacquiao, he should rank as the greatest pound for pound boxer in history. Which is ridiculous, but that doesn't matter, he'll still scream it to everyone he comes in contact with. But to those who know, it's a hollow claim.

One more time. Mayweather will definitely beat Pacquiao when they fight, and that's more so because he waited for Pacquiao to slip as a fighter before he fought him more than anything else. That's why I've always maintained Mayweather would win the over-hyped fight between him and Pacquiao.

Frank Lotierzo can be contacted at GlovedFist@Gmail.com

Pacquiao's ESPN Comments Insure Mayweather Victory
82K Download

Buzz Murdock says:

Maybe amigo, I think jail, and self-reflection might have changed Floyd...Catching somebody at the right time is figuratively still being configured...You don't hear much from Floyd anymore, there might be a hunt on, that your not catching---

ultimoshogun says:

I ain't buying what F-Lo's selling about Floyd waiting for Manny (who is younger) to decline. I think Floyd genuinely just wanted the bigger purse and to ensure a level playing field all along. This fight coulda happened before Floyd went to jail if Arum hadn't made the excuses that he wanted an arena built and the stitches in Manny's eye were not fully healed yet.

pikon says:

you still believe floyd would fight manny?...no way jose...lol...floyd has no heart..he sadi in costas interview the never listen to what the fans say...the most important for him is his health...if you dont know what that means then go back and review what he said on that interview..google it...

Kenducky Frighten Floyd is a master of bull$hitology. Roger DAT! He never intended to dance with the one-man Pinoy murder row anymore than Sugar Ray Robinson was going to dance with any cat on the "Black Murder Row." Ducking comes with the territory of going down in history as an ATG.

Money May doesn't give a double fudge about what anybody thinks. That thinker will not be the one getting PacKAYOed! Holla!

deepwater says:

Lol. I wish my comments ensured my victories. Lol. It's silly to say anything is absolute that hasn't happened yet based on talk . This is the reality= Floyd doesn't want the fight.manny wants the fight. Manny and Floyd have been negotiating for years and Floyd keeps putting up obstacles . Manny basically agrees to all may weathers demands. It shows me manny wants the fight very much.shoulda coulda wouldya blah blah lah what I shouldn't have to= all noise.manny is pushing hard for th fight and may weather isn't.

Coxs Corner says:

Frank is right on all counts:
1. Floyd has the stylistic advantaqe
2. Floyd waited until Pacquiao who is more battle worn started to fade
3. Floyd waited until Manny caved in to all his demands to take the fight giving him a psycological edge as well.

Face it. Floyd learned from Marquez the blue print to beat Manny he is going to sit back and counter and pot shot him and upset his rhythm. Manny fights more in spurts now than he did a few years ago, he is not as capable of a sustained attack and cannot pressure Floyd like he would have in 2009 when the fight should have taken place. Sure Floyd is slightly older but his style is to sit back and counter, Manny is smaller, shorter armed and has to push the fight to win. Waiting favors Floyd, not Manny.

I remember when Ray Leonard did something similar to Marvin Hagler. He got the blue print from Duran on how to box Hagler (that fight was even after 10 rounds), he waited until Hagler slipped a little bit, and manipulated the circumstances of the fight in his favor. Result Leonard won by decision.

Wow! We must be in some Mick Romney ALTERNATE reality or some jive shyt. Da Manny whupped Marquez's arse three times -- offically two and a draw. YUP! Money May has learned a lot from Marquez about Da Manny, and that is that Money May cannot BEAT Da Manny and would GET KAYOED EARLY! Holla!

From Sugar Ray Robinson, Money May has learned a pink print. BYTCH and double fudge PUNK out against a murder row. Holla!

dino da vinci says:

Frank is right on all counts:
1. Floyd has the stylistic advantaqe
2. Floyd waited until Pacquiao who is more battle worn started to fade

Completely agree.

I would add that Floyd has always been favored to win this confrontation, regardless of what Las Vegas posted. But of course, that doesn't mean he would have won, and that's why we pay to watch. We live in an age of technology in which the bar is continually being raised, and one can only imagine the pageantry of what this match-up would have been. Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has deprived the fan base of an event that would have far exceeded the first Ali vs Frazier bout, which was appropriately billed as the Fight of the Century. If Floyd and Manny had fought two and a half years ago, no matter the outcome, this would have truly been an all-time memorable fight. I defy you to convince me that this is still the case.

SouthPaul says:

Frank makes a lot good solid points...some I agree with but I think he has a hard on for Floyd and it's leading him to be overly critical. This article would better fit Oscar de la Hoya say when Oscar was in the prime of his money making days piling up concession after concession against every opponent he faced. And lemme' spit it out now... Oscar got one hell of a resume but he was the mother of all manipulators. Floyd's used that blue print to a large degree but not to the fullest. Unlike Oscar and his team who genuinely stacked the odds in their favor knowing their man needed the extra help to ensure a win.. I sincerely don't see it that way in Floyd's case and I'd like to submit his dominance of just about every opponent he faced to back my claims. You know it so no need for me to spew it. Anyhow, Love him or hate 'em.. The kid got mad skills to pay the bills and any hesitation to fight anyone was likely just about wanting to be the big shot callin' boss man.

Both sides had their agenda and I truly believe they're pleased with the way it's played out till now. Lmao also at the Manny has no else to fight and somehow that's Floyd's fault as to why we're being subjected to a fourth Marquez bout. With all due respect.. I think Frank's arm may have snapped off reaching for that excuse. I also think his comment of questioning the IQ of many folks who aren't so thrilled about that fourth fight is a bit arrogant on his part. Hey, Frank, it was a great trilogy.. We all loved it.. I bet a lot of us here love steak and lobster washed down with a great drink but after a while even that gets boring. Think Tom Hanks in Cast Away towards the end of the movie when he sees the seafood spread on the welcome party table. It's not like folks are rejecting a part one of this rivalry. All that being said, good thought provoking articles..be you.. It's a good read even when I disagree!

SouthPaul says:

dino da vinci says:

Both sides had their agenda and I truly believe they're pleased with the way it's played out till now. Lmao also at the Manny has no one else to fight and somehow that's Floyd's fault as to why we're being subjected to a fourth Marquez bout. With all due respect.. I think Frank's arm may have snapped off reaching for that excuse. I also think his comment of questioning the IQ of many folks who aren't so thrilled about that fourth fight is a bit arrogant on his part. Hey, Frank, it was a great trilogy.. We all loved it.. I bet a lot of us here love steak and lobster washed down with a great drink but after a while even that gets boring. Think Tom Hanks in Cast Away towards the end of the movie when he sees the seafood spread on the welcome home party table. It's not like folks are rejecting a part one of this rivalry. All that being said, good thought provoking articles..be you.. It's a good read even when I disagree!

I once ate lobster 17 days in a row. But then again, I'm a New Englander.

Watching two of the best fighters of all time engage each other stretching over a period of years doesn't seem like much of a punishment. Actually, I was disappointed with Arum for not delivering the second and third fights sooner. (Fear?)

@SP. Please explain to me how fights fought on May '04, March '08 and Nov 2011 can be too often? I love watching fighters evolve and grow, fight guys they struggled with earlier in their career, to a different conclusion. This isn't like watching the movie 'Die Hard' four times. It's probably more in line with seeing the Die Hard franchise, stretched over a number of years, with improvements in technology and advances in character development. Look for a Good Day to Die Hard (DH5) in 2013, coming to a theater near you. And SouthPaul, look for Pac/Marq 5 in 2013 as well. :-)

whats the difference, the fight will never happen anyways as i have stated for 3 years now.
floyd doesnt want it, if he did it would get made.
cotto last week told reporters that if floyd wanted to fight he would sit down and make a deal and have the fight made...

you can match up styles all day, but at the end of the day pacman has or had one punch devastating knock you the F out power and could change or end the fight in a nano second..

thats why we make the fights, to see what could play out...

****, these two could have fought 3 times by now with 3 different endings each outing..

but we will never know...

thanks for nothing floyd, as usual

MUCHO DINERO says:

"And don't hand me the malarkey that he uses his legs less now. He moves less because he's smarter and more economical with his movement. In other words its by design and choice, not necessity."

Mayweather has definitely lost a step getting older ... he didn't look that much smarter losing 4 rounds against a very stationary Cotto and getting pinned against the ropes and being hit by those left hands and getting his nose bloodied...at the post fight conference his face was the most swollen and knotted I've ever seen from Mayweather. Even Devon Alexander said he had Mayweather soundly beating Pacquiao before the Cotto fight but after watching him take all those jabs from Cotto's left hand, he's not sure who would win the Mayweather Pacquiao fight.

Both guys have lost a step from 2 years ago. Either Pacquiao will win by throwing more punches and getting a decision by being more aggressive in the judges eyes or Mayweather will get the decision by soundly landing the cleaner counter shots. Neither one will get knocked out....

That is why I have mad luv for my stanks -- I mean Yanks. I love how you Hollywoodized reality or at a least live in alternate reality. Hehehe! I can name 10 or 11 southpaws -- amateurs and professional -- that Money May had difficulties with. But I'm just naming two.

In Money May's early pro bouts, lefty Reggie Sanders scissor up Money May's face. And had him confused and hurt a few times. When Money May sparred with the Pittsburg Kid, Money May got tore up. Holla at that jive on Youtube. Zab Judah clearly knocked Money May down, but the referee missed it. Holla at that jive on Youtube. WTF! I musta' fo'got! I said two and did forget the one to grow on. Hehehe!

Da Manny will destroyed Money May, and Fam May and Team May are well aware of that. See against Mexican, Da Manny was known as "The Mexecutioner." Against Ebonicans, you guys have suffer from inattention blindness. Every African American who has tangled with Da Manny suffered foot injuries. WHY! Because brothas be trying so hard to get outta an arse thrashing that their feet starting barking like kanine bytches in heat. Hehehe!

Against da brothas, Da Manny is the Footexecutioner. Brothas get all fudged up in their craniums when their feet are in burning, aching pain. Put some hurt on a brotha's dogs and you got him. Hahaha!

See Shane Shame was screaming like a crampling woman on her menstrual. You muthasuckas saw it and HEARD it. Dude was begging the wise, old Genie Naazim to halt the bout. But NO! The genie was not havin' it. He put a hex on Sore foot -- I mean Sugar Shame -- and made him finish the bout.

Now Tom Bambi -- I mean Tim Bradley -- wanted to quit too. But NO! The blind-in-one eye Mexican Aztec Warrior Joel Diaz did play dat syet. He told Bambi to shut da double fudge up and FIGHT! Maybe he already knew what the judges were going to do. Just saying!

Now if Money May dances with Da Manny, Money May's foot will go numb. And that numbling of da Money's dogs will fudge up Money May's shoulder rolling game. Uncle Roger's blind arse won't be able to see syet, so he cannot help Lil' Floyd. And scary-arse Pops Joy May will run up in dat squared jungle and plead for the ref to save his seed from Da Manny beatdown and KAYO, because -- according to Pops Joy May -- Da Manny probably sneaked some "A-side meth" in Da Manny's "@ss."

"And he gonna kill my son," Pops Joy May will be bytch crying.

Wow! And see this is why I have mad luv for you guys' imagine syet and putting much fantasy and alternate reality into the ___ ____ ____ ____ that you hope and believe. Hehahahe! Only in America! Holla!

Mr. Lex Luthor says:

Let me get this straight, when Arum doesn't meet Floyd's demands it is Floyd's fault. When Floyd has the same demands for 4 years and Manny gets on tv using Floyd's name to hype his fight against JMM by saying he will now meet the same demands, it is Floyd's. When Manny has repeatedly said Arum makes his fights and is called a coward by hiding behind his promoter by Sergio Martinez, it is Floyd's fault. When Manny is out-boxed by JMM in their third meeting, it is Floyd's fault. When Manny loses a controversial decision against Bradley, it is Floyd's fault. When Manny is late to the rink because he is watching basketball, it is Floyd's fault. When Manny makes more money than all his other his other opponents and makes them adhere to his demands, it is Floyd's fault...........

Mr. Lex Luthor says:

Yes Floyd should listen to all the haters and "fans" because the way he has been doing things is obviously not working. He isn't at the top of Forbes list, the top of the pound for pound list, undefeated, future hall of famer and completely in control of his career and brand. I do not know what Floyd is thinking.

Mr. Lex Luthor says:

Manny was NEVER going to outbox Floyd so his only hope at victory is to KO one of the greatest defensive boxers ever who has never lost a professional fight or even been knocked down in a professional fight. Reality check, Manny is only dominant against slower fighters who try and stand in front of him and beat him to the punch. He possesses no hand speed advantage against Floyd and Floyd will never abandon his fight plan and fight Manny's fight. Floyd's reach advantage, accuracy and superior skills, will make this fight a lopsided victory for Floyd. Boxing experts know Manny only has a very slim puncher's that is even slimmer when factor in the fact that Manny has only displayed the ability to overwhelm defensively deficient true welterweight's but not the power to KO any of them. Oh yes!! Vegas wants this fight because they know fools will bet against Floyd due to emotional hatred even though logic is screaming put your money on Money.

Mr. Lex Luthor says:

Floyd was never going to fight Manny until they conceded to his demands because if anyone has been paying attention, Floyd's in ring and out of ring success is a direct result of his ability to take control. The only times Floyd gets in trouble is when he isn't in control, i.e. baby mama drama. Manny signed his own death certificate by opening his mouth on First Take. The Top Rank lil island boy cash cow is almost out of milk.

SouthPaul says:

I once ate lobster 17 days in a row. But then again, I'm a New Englander.

Dino

It's a matter of variety, not a matter of not recognizing skill-set and greatness. Maybe Franks nostalgia is running higher than his boxing IQ these days. And maybe being that I haven't followed the game as long as has ..I ain't sharing that nostalgia bug. So that could be why I ain't as thrilled as him over a fourth fight. It ain't no punishment, though, it just isn't my craving. Franks also repeatedly said he thinks both fighters are slipping so why not just leave it at the trilogy where they've showed us 3 different episodes.. at least 1 or 2 where they had fully evolved to the point of being great?

Calendar a day to watch all those Die Hard flicks while I spend a couple hours watching The Shining. No sequels, no trilogies, no need for character development or improvements in technology. Greatness captured on the first try, baby, all time classic! I dunno, that's the best I can do this late....or....early depending where we all call home. Good night..good morning... Good afternoon! Lmao. Anyhow, per usual, good reads coming from you. Thanks for the contribution...

deepwater says:

floyd sure does look like a bum throwing $50,000 at crakheads.seriously his face looks like its aged 10 years. check it out.

@lex luther,

mayweather has been down, zab forced him to put a glove on the floor after a punch due to loss of balance, in the rule book that is a LEGIT knockdown....just because the ref missed it does not dismiss it from happening in real life..

shane at 38 had mayweather half out , legs buckling and holding on for dear life almost getting put to sleep...

the best defensive boxer is vulnerable...

floyd also got half starched 8 years ago in his early prime against a southpaul

chop chop corley, check it out on youtube...

the shoulder roll D is vulnerable to south pauls

when will he grow up or change? its sad

dino da vinci says:

dino da vinci says:

...nor do I.

dino da vinci says:

Vegas wanted the fight for the same reason the rest of the world did. It had the potential to be a fight for the ages. However, I have no doubt that that time has come and gone.

dino da vinci says:

Dino

Calendar a day to watch all those Die Hard flicks while I spend a couple hours watching The Shining. No sequels, no trilogies, no need for character development or improvements in technology. Greatness captured on the first try, baby, all time classic (hagler vs hearns) I dunno, that's the best I can do this late....or....early depending where we all call home. Good night..good morning... Good afternoon! Lmao. Anyhow, per usual, good reads coming from you. Thanks for the contribution...

So.Paul, please don't make me have to chase you around, cutting off the forum as to work you into a corner, exerting huge pressure to change your mind. 'Cause I'll do it! Don't make me go there SP. You mentioned Hagler vs Hearns. Who on this forum wouldn't have been thrilled to see H-H II? Not to mention 3, 4, and 5? Really, in a sport where no one wants to fight anybody who can fight back, can you have too much of a good thing? Put me down for no. And put Michael Woods down for no. And put Frank Lotierzo down for no. And mortcola down for no. And even crazy Radam G down for a big no. And...what's that? Umm, someone peering over my shoulder is saying I might be a bit out of line by assuming all others mentioned share my enthusiasm for such things, so ok, maybe I got a little out of line there, but definitely me and most probably the others I mentioned. And I'm about a hundred percent certain for Radam. Wanting the fight...not necessarily being crazy. Well either way.

Paul, I trained at Petronelli's gym, thought Marvin walked on water, and bet Marvin in that fight. When the announcer Al Michaels mentioned that they may stop it, I'm saying to myself, PLEASEDON"TSTOPITPLEASEDON"TSTOPITPLEASEDON"TSTOPIT. Now, had it been stopped, you don't want to see it again?!? And again? And again. Globally, there are just not that many world class guys that can produce this quality of action.
Last note on the Hagler / Hearns fight. Not only was the fight incredible, so too was the call of Al Michaels and Al Bernstein. Making it that much better.

Don't make me stalk you SouthPaul. You will like rematches. And rematches of rematches. And...

GeoNot says:

"It's no secret that Floyd is the most risk averse great fighter we've ever seen. He doesn't fight anybody until everything is in his favor."

Lazy analysis. Has Mayweather held the advantage in some fights? Sure. But EVERY fight? Gawd. Here are just four fights, from his last ten, where Mayweather didn't have everything in his favor.

1. Fought Cotto at the 154 lbs. limit and accepted Cotto's preference to fight with 10 oz. gloves; Mayweather wanted to fight in 8 oz. gloves.
2. Fought De La Hoya at the 154 lbs. limit. Moreover, Mayweather let De La Hoya PICK the gloves, Cleto Reyes, rather than the the Grant gloves he prefers. This is akin to Federer choosing the racquet Nadal gets to use in the Wimbledon final.
3. Fought Baldomir without Uncle Roger in his corner.
4. Fought Gatti in Gatti's backyard.

ultimoshogun says:

MR. LEX LUTHOR, and GeoNot...I like what you guys bring to the table, welcome to TSS.

GeoNot says:

3. Fought Baldomir without Uncle Roger in his corner.
4. Fought Gatti in Gatti's backyard.

dino da vinci says:

3. Fought Baldomir without Uncle Roger in his corner.
4. Fought Gatti in Gatti's backyard.

I agree with you, but not necessarily for the examples that you offered. As for #2, De La Hoya gets to dictate terms in any fight he's in, regardless of whose name shares the marquee with him. That was the fight that Mayweather needed on his resume in order to go on and accomplish what he has since then. And interestingly enough, Floyd chose to retire before fighting a rematch, which remain one of the great mysteries to me. Regarding #3, with all respect to Uncle Roger, he hasn't offered his nephew any strategic advice that was game changing in the last ten years. Pertaining to #4, he could have fought Gatti in his living room, and it would have had absolutely no affect on the outcome. That was a match-up of styles and one that one of my favorite fighters of all time had absolutely no chance of winning.

I just have MAD LUV for d da v! Hahaha! "Match-up of styles" is why Da Manny will KAYO Money May EARLY! Money May's shoulder-roll style and now staying-on-da-roll style -- because he has lost that two-step stroll -- will be a disaster against the PacHOOK, left or right, and the PacStraights -- both hands. Holla!

GeoNot says:

3. Fought Baldomir without Uncle Roger in his corner.
4. Fought Gatti in Gatti's backyard.

1. heavier gloves equal a less quick floyd, but less power for cotto, so NO advantage
2. 154 not an advantage for an aging and slowing, non active DLH, cleto reyes gloves help a power puncher minimally, altho with floyds D not a true factor
3. floyd would beat baldimor with one hand behind his back, with or without roger whos same advice for ten years is " keep whoopin his ***"
4. gatti, rip, was war torn, older and had slowed down far too much to even be competitive, so there was every ADVANTAGE for floyd...

SouthPaul says:

Dino

I like rematches and trilogies but I just so happen to favor variety more. Example: Instead of a second MAB/Morales bout I'd rather have seen Marquez brought into the picture. Barrera vs JMM during that timeline would've been more appealing, IMO. Something new, something fresh. Variety. Instead of seeing Morales fight Pacquaio for a third time I'd have rather seen Marquez vs Morales. Variety. But to be absolutely clear...no... If given the choice... I'd rather not see any two fighters brawl eachother four times regardless of the dates, times, improvements, etc. I'd opt for variety. Instead of calling up a friend to come over tonight who I'm pretty sure would be accomdating in more ways than one... I'm gonna instead take a chance with someone new. Variety.

dino da vinci says:

Dino

Apples and oranges.

So, let me ask you this? Why watch round two of any fight? Hmmm?

Mr. Lex Luthor says:

If Floyd isn't doing it the right way, no boxer is. Floyd haters can continue to try and finds flaws in him and his resume but the fact remains, he is the most successful boxer that you have ever seen. Not only is he undefeated and widely recognized as the best in the sport, he is on top financially and makes millionaires out of other boxers. If that isn't enough, he has transcended the world of boxing.

Mr. Lex Luthor says:

No, Floyd has never been knocked down in a professional fight. It is your opinion that his gloved touched but your opinion isn't official, the referee's is.

SouthPaul says:

Apples and oranges.

So, let me ask you this? Why watch round two of any fight? Hmmm?

Apples and oranges are lovely but I also have kiwi, cherries, pineapple and strawberries on hand as well. Variety.

As for the last question? I'll answer it with a equally goofy question. Why watch any other bouts ...instead Dino should only tune in for rematches, trilogies, and quadruplet matches? lmao.

dude, it is NOT an opinion when you can clearly see the glove TOUCH the canvas...

I am a huge floyd fan, he is the best boxer in the sport the last ten years or so, but

dude, im not gonna lie and be biased like YOU and make shiiit up..

chop chop starched floyd, zab knocked him down and swept the first 4 rounds and

shane mosley at 38 put him on queer street....

vulnerabilities are what make matchups intriguing...

Have some humility and value, a fact is not an opinion....if you think so you are here

to argue not discuss boxing like the rest of these cats...there are other sites to start

trouble on and not talk boxing...

Floyd Mayweather has been officially knocked down in a professionally bout, PERIOD! And it ain't an opinion. It is a hard record. Bluffing doesn't help you know shyt about da game, because there real dawgs always around who are in da kno!' And not tore up from da flo' up with bytch bluffing and playground attempts at putdowns.

How about some respect, new dude (nyet!) under one of your many comic heroes' pseudonyms. Holla!

Brittle-@$$ hands Money May went down in the six round against Carlos Hernandez -- some "referee"-shyt. A person slips more by his lips than by his feet, and this supposed-to-be newbie LL has us all beat. Fact check, babeee! Don't be a make-up jive trainwreck. Holla!

I THIIIINNNNK yaaa BETTAH let it GOOOO! It looks like an NOOTHER Money May NUTHugger T-K-O! And if dat muthasucka ever grows a pair of real-man cojones and flex up in dat squared jungle across from Da Manny, Money May will get referee-ruled KAYOED--EARLY! Holla!

in total agreement, we all have our favorite fighters but what is right is right, and just cause a referee missed a knockdown does not mean it didnt happen in real life....
i respect all opinions except for ones that are from true bias, what is the point in debating if you are so biased you never learn anything from anyone?
some peeps are sad, so much to learn in life and they have such blinders on they will never better themselves....

SouthPaul says:

Dino

I think you've misunderstood what my gripe is here. I ain't implying the 3 other bouts were fought so horribly and were so unentertaining and how dare we be subjected to a fourth installment of all that. Nope. Thats not my stance. Four times now, Dino, we aren't debating a rematch or a trilogy... It's going on four clicks now. And by yours and Franks opinion... The fourth will be fought by 2 declining greats.

I think this fourth bout will likely end in a ko.

A "KO" for whom, SouthPaul? And the big D is a part of living and dying. My 117-year-old giant turtle is on decline. But he is better than half of those sorry-arse nowadays heavyweights. My 109-year-old Uncle Mamoy is on decline. But his eyes are 20-20, and his johnson snap to attention whenever he sees a ho WALKIN' daaat walk! Hehehehe! Even the black in my bush is on decline. WTF! I saw a few more gray hairs the other night when my evil-twin wife was bytchin' dat my johnson was taking too long to expand and ___ ___ __!

I told her not to make me go Money May whuppin' a baby's momma's @$$ on her! So she hit with a karate chop and Kung Fu elbowed da snot outta me.

"Putong na amo!" I bytch screamed. "Can we all get along!" Then we got our ___ ___ ON until the break of dawn! I discover that I'm on 'unforgivable" not on decline! I'm da MAN! Haha! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Lmao off at the turtle comment. I once had one. He lived in my grandmothers backyard for years. Dug a bunker in the far end of the yard and lived under there until he eventually went missing. But good mention about declining yet still better than most of the current crop of fighters. In total agreement but... We need to confirm that, literally. The truth will be reviled in both the contender and the veteran when they actually meet in the ring, not here on the forum fantasy debates.

I favor Manny winning by ko. I think Top Rank does too which is why they're going with a fourth fight. Manny ko's JMM..most everyone gets excited... dredges up any lost interest in MAyweather vs him.... They finally put an agreement together for next year... The revenue will be so huge it'll be the loudest register cha Ching heard around the universe. And if I think I got this right Floyd will win that then go on to make another ocean of cash against Canelo but this time and for the first time.. He will clearly lose a fight. His O will go at the hands of Canelo.

Unforgivable undefeatedness finally broken.

dino da vinci says:

Let me help. If you get knocked down, get up.

i honestly laughed out loud reading this post....
it was fantastic

Mr. Lex Luthor says:

Calm down, I forgot about Hernandez. Take a deep breath and count to 10.

Mr. Lex Luthor says:

Lets recap, Floyd has officially been knocked down once and Manny has lost 4 times and drawn twice. Hmmmm.....whose victory is more likely???

jawbreaker says:

Very well written article, but may i just add that floyd in addition to being a great manipulator is also an outstanding promoter. it doesnt even matter if the public hates him, they will still buy his ppv figths just to see if he will finally get his *** handed to him. Which hasnt happened yet. I think a 55/45 split is fair in this case for Manny since realistically, its floyd"s mouth that will hype this fight up out of proportion.

boxingfan24 says:

I think this is the best time mayweather should fight pacquiao.since the last fight with bradley we all know if manny doesnt knock mayweather and goes twelve rounds mayweather will win and both again becomes rich and the funny all of us will buy into this.