Pacquiao Should Retire - Leaving A Hole In Mayweather's Legacy

BY Frank Lotierzo ON August 06, 2012

pacquiao862012It's a shame that there's so much money on the table, because in a perfect world Manny Pacquiao would fight Timothy Bradley later this year in the hope of erasing the stench from their first bout this past June, then after the fight announce that he's retiring from boxing.

Lets face it, Floyd Mayweather 43-0 (26) has won the waiting game. The fight with Pacquiao is two plus years past the sell by date and everything now favors Floyd. That's why it would be great for Pacquiao to help fans remember in years to come that despite his glowing record, the only fight the fans clamored for from Mayweather -- is the one he ducked and dodged when it was a legitimate pick'em Super fight.

There's no disputing that because of the way Mayweather has promoted and managed himself -- coupled with Pacquiao's less than stellar showing over the last year and a half, Mayweather is the one who can dictate the terms and conditions if they ever get serious about making the fight. Floyd has a legitimate claim for a slightly larger piece of the purse since he looked terrific in his last fight and Manny officially lost his. Also, Mayweather must be given all due props for being able to maintain his ability to fight at the highest level for over a decade. Not many great fighters can lay claim to that.

On the other hand, Manny has been pulled and drawn away from staying in great shape and has no doubt lost focus on what's most important in a fighters life. Manny has clearly lost that off the chart speed and intensity, not to mention he fights lazy and is more upright when he presses the attack now. He also has to think and process his aggression, something that used to be reactionary and instinctive. And if there's one thing he can't do against Mayweather, if they were to fight, is try to think his way in and process his battle plan mentally as the fight is unfolding.

I don't care how big of a Mayweather fan you are; if you can't admit that Mayweather wanted no parts of Pacquiao when he was really on his game, you must be alone living in your perfect world. The fact is Mayweather used every excuse in the book not to fight Pacquiao, and then let fighters like Miguel Cotto and Joshua Clottey take the risk instead. See, Mayweather knew that because of Pacquiao's energetic style, intensity and work rate, that he'd slow down if he could just wait him out. And hopefully to no ones surprise, that is exactly what has happened. Anytime from this point on, despite him being older according to the calender, Mayweather is the fresher and more live fighter. Something that didn't happen by accident.

Being that Mayweather is a counter-puncher who has hand picked his opposition for at least the last half of his career, he hasn't endured nearly the same wear and tear on his body as Pacquiao. Add to that Pacquiao was willing to fight bigger fighters when they were still a factor, has taken something out of him.

Suppose Mayweather and Pacquiao never fight - it is Mayweather who will be viewed by history as the fighter who didn't want the fight. Similar as to the way Riddick Bowe is viewed as the reason why he and Lennox Lewis never fought in 1993 when the fight was the most talked about match in boxing. Pacquiao is the fighter who is seen by most boxing aficionados as a throw back to a generation when the the top fighters and champions didn't order from the menu and sought to fight the best of the best every time out. Manny is also the smaller guy, yet it was Mayweather the bigger man who introduced excuses like Steroids and HGH use on Pacquiao's part in order to prevent the fight from becoming a reality when the bout was viewed as a pick'em. And it didn't matter one iota that Pacquiao never once failed a drug test.

If Pacquiao walks away after his rematch with Bradley, or whoever he fights next, Mayweather will forever be remembered, and rightly so, for not fighting the boxer who was seen as the biggest threat to his undefeated record who incidentally was smaller than him to boot. Wouldn't that be a kick in the groin to Mayweather? Regardless of how much he pleaded and griped, he'd be more remembered for the fight he didn't take than the 43 he won.

Rocky Marciano retired undefeated at 49-0 (43) and still he's not considered the greatest heavyweight champ in history. Some will highlight how Rocky fought during a pedestrian heavyweight era littered with older former greats like Joe Louis, Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott and light heavyweight legend and great Archie Moore. And that is the truth. However, the one thing that can't be said about Rocky is that he ducked or avoided anybody who was out there and viewed as a threat.

Sorry, but that's not the case with Mayweather. The fact is Floyd avoided Paul Williams, Antonio Margarito, Shane Mosley and Miguel Cotto when they were nipping at his heals as welterweights. Instead he waited for Williams to move up in weight as the others knocked each other off as time moved along and they got older. Then some featherweight Super-Nova comes along and all of the sudden he's using HGH/Steroids and is too dangerous to fight. Something that if you believed, you have to reside in another world.

Personally, I'd rather Mayweather and Pacquiao never fight. The fight has marinated too long and is no longer compelling to me. How can it be when one fighter is not only the more live fighter and he'll also demand that the other enter the ring in virtual handcuffs.

Sadly, there's way too many millions on the table for Manny to say forget you Floyd. I have more money than I can ever spend, not to mention other interest that will keep me busy after retirement. Oh, and my resume and legacy is more complete than yours. In fact I'll get a default victory over you in the eyes of the fans because everyone who follows boxing that is intellectually honest knows I wanted the fight with you when it really mattered. No, there's simply too much money guaranteed to Manny for him to go that route.

As Sugar Ray Leonard once said, unfortunately, it'll never happen that way. Manny will in fact eventually meet Floyd on Mayweather's terms and lose, thus giving Floyd the bragging rights he always craved.

It would be nice if, for once, Mayweather outsmarted himself, which would be the case if Pacquiao walked away. And it wouldn't matter what else Mayweather wound up doing in his career. The talk will follow him for the rest of his life.

Frank Lotierzo can be contacted at GlovedFist@Gmail.com

ultimoshogun says:

Wow! Major fanboy article. I don't think one must be from "another planet" to suspect Manny or anyone else for that matter has used PED's...especially after these cancellations we've had over fighters getting pinched. Maybe blind fanboys who don't know all the specific details will blame Floyd...but if Floyd and Pac never fight, I for one, and i'm sure i'm not alone, will remember it was Team Pacquiao who continuously made excuses not to fight. Again, here's the long list of excuses from Team Pacman I read on another site. Mannys excuses as follow:1-I am afraid of needles.2-tests makes me weak.3-I refuse the test due to religious matters.4-I refuse the test cause I am clean athlete never tested positive for PED.5-I dont need floyd for my legacy.6-30 days cut.7- 21 days cut. 8- 14 days cut. 9- 7 days cut. 10- 10m for each extra pound above weight limit. 11-I dont need to follow Mayweathers demands. 12- I will choose gloves size. 13- I will choose ring size. 14-Agreed to the blood test but not by USADA. 15-Refused the fight due to Floyd asking for higher purse.16- He will negotiate with Floyd after Marquez fight. 17- He wants to fight Marquez for the 4th time. 18- Agreed to Floyds blood test demand (knowing floyd going to Jail). 19- Wants to stay active and fight on May (thinking Floyd going to serve his term from Jan5th). 20- Cant fight May 5th due to cut. 21- need more time to promote the fight. 22- Need bigger venue for this fight. 23-can fight late May or June (knowing floyd going to Jail June 1st). 24- Will accept lower purse. 25- wants 50% of the purse. 26- Floyd is out of the picture. 27- They dont know who to contact on Floyds behalf. 28- Floyd is not serious. 29- Floyd should contact Top Rank if he is serious (they refused to negotiate).30-Floyd wants to fight Morales. 31-Floyd wants to fight Robert the Ghost. 32- Floyd wants to fight Mexican fighter. 33- Floyd calling Manny to promote his next fight. 34- Floyd has no one to guarantee his purse.- Adrien - Boxing News 24

deepwater says:

Pac should do whatever pac wants to do. make the mayweather fight or dont. a or b. if pac retires then it should be his choice and for his own reasons. if pac retired just to try and damage mayweathers legacy then karma would find a way to get pac.. pac seems like a decent man and his decision to retire should not have anything to do with floyd or trying to tarnish floyd.

SouthPaul says:

You didn't even need to reside in another world to imagine a not so perfect person dabbling in enhancing performance drugs. The problem for me came in the exaggeration in which the Money Team spun it. Not only them but all those goofballs who bought into believing it like it was fact. And only fact remains is; and the author points it out..he continues to pass drug test affter drug test. As if what Pacquiao did wad so fantastic and such s pipe dream that only taking special Filipino power pellets with his Wheaties would have made it all possible. Lets keep it in full perspective; PAC's extraordinary but not to the point of supernatural comic hero book type stuff, unless you're an immature buffoon.. with a unrealistic imagination. In fact; what Floyd has done over the course of his illustrious career better fits that scenario. All that being said.. I never bought into Floyd being afraid of PAC. It's more ego and brilliant managing than anything else. Collect all the other belts and big paydays in before the Fort Knox of fight purses. Thats wasssssssssuppp. Well orchestrated on all sides, including Manny and his team. And me, you, and every other critic...fanatic... Hater... We all the fiancees of this mega event so don't be made at them... It's on you! Lmao. Floyd, for his ring entrance.. should hire a orchestra to do a live version of For A Few Dollars More.

SouthPaul says:

A lot of those excuses came from every one besides the man himself. The bottom line is and it seems to usually escape many folks minds ... The testing isn't mandatory. Manny has followed all the rules in place and passed with flying colors. No special treatment... No funny business then a guy comes along and tries slandering you into taking tests hardly anyone else is subjected to. Those who ..for the most part...did so cause they got no juice. No pun intended. I wouldn't advise anyone to pass up the loot to made on this event but I do hope Manny finds a way to hold firm on not testing. All for one...one for all...but not till then should he test. Even if he conforms now...what's it prove to the past? And thats exactly the angle many will take..including Floyd. Don't the play into his game, Manny...

ultimoshogun says:

A lot of those excuses came from every one besides the man himself. The bottom line is and it seems to usually escape many folks minds ... The testing isn't mandatory. Manny has followed all the rules in place and passed with flying colors. No special treatment... No funny business then a guy comes along and tries slandering you into taking tests hardly anyone else is subjected to. Those who ..for the most part...did so cause they got no juice. No pun intended. I wouldn't advise anyone to pass up the loot to made on this event but I do hope Manny finds a way to hold firm on not testing. All for one...one for all...but not till then should he test. Even if he conforms now...what's it prove to the past? And thats exactly the angle many will take..including Floyd. Don't play into his game, Manny...

Yeah, some the excuses come from Arum himself. I'm pretty sure everyone here at TSS is well aware the random blood tests aren't mandatory, but for me it raised a red flag when Manny refused.

SouthPaul says:

Red flag alert.. Right according to the Money Teams plan. Nuggas' been hoodwinked. I think that talk will follow Manny longer than it will the talk of Floyd supposedly dodging him, like being outright afraid. C'mon, Frank, you truly believe this guy is afraid of another fighter who struggled with the fighter he himself basically made look like a a rank amateur? Lmao. Floyd ain't scared of Manny. No way, no how. Anyhow, yea, he damaged Manny's name on some level.

pikon says:

reaquiao should retire- leaving a-hole mayweather...

Not taking a blood test won't raise a red flag, a blue one or a white one for the peeps in da know. Boxing is 75 to 85 percent mental -- playing games and syet -- as IS life!

Money May is playing da know nothings. Besides when Manny said "OKAY, I'll take random blood tests," Money May then changed the tune to, "Manny, I will give you 40mil cash, but I will take all the PPV money...."

Bottomline, Money May was going to get a serious arse thrashing -- and he still WILL -- so he PUNKED OUT, because he knew that, with his playground lies, U.S national hatred and ethnic jingoism would eventually build up against Da Manny on the U.S. mainland and the "Ugly American" would favor him -- Money May. And they DID! So MUCH that the STANKS -- I mean Yanks -- ripped Da Manny off against a bambi bytch, who's probably secretly "Big Foot," to put an end to the yearning for a match between Da Manny and Money May. Money May got his WISH -- a masterful DUCKING of the the one-man Pinoy murder row. [Bradley was a surrogate fighter for Money May's victory over Da Manny without ever stepping in dat squared jungle to face Da Manny.]

No matter whom Da Manny fights NEXT, that person better be ready for a PacMan combo of GODzilla and a BIG GOrilla -- King Kong. Now if it is bambi -- I mean Bradley -- let him handle that DOUBLE-gonna-whup-his-a$$ jive. He will be ___ ____ ____ ___! Holla!

pikon says:

reaquiao should retire- leaving a-hole mayweather...

ramilomo says:

Give this coward Mayweather a lesson for not fighting you Manny,you should retire now! pleassssssssssse.

ramilomo says:

The writer is 100percent right.Give this fraud a lesson for not taking the fight.Manny should retire and let this coward felt his entire boxing career a full of regrets.

SouthPaul says:

Too wealthy of an event not to happen. Neither guy will pass up the opportunity. They're both guilty of delaying it, at different times , for many different reasons but one theory I won't subscribe to is Floyd being afriad of Manny. The author is wrong there. Don't forget not too long ago ...this match up was laughable had you brought it up around the boxing brethren campfire. The consensus was...Manny couldn't even carry Floyd's spit bucket. I got mad respect for Manny but that's the truth at one time or another. I ain't no Floyd fantatic by any means but I still think he'd shut Manny down, specially this one who reads too much bible and no longer drinks or fornicates. Lmao.

Not truth, SouthPaul? For as long as there has been pugilism, some fighters have feared other ones and refused to fight 'em. Not even for a ton of moola. I'm reminded of how Jack Dempsey wouldn't fight the "Brown Panther" Sam Willis for what would be 50mil by nowadays money worth.

Money May is indeed frighten like a scared kitten in a tree of Da Manny. Just be happy that Money May can run a beautiful con and fool 95 percent of of his fans and a 100 percent of his groupies. Pops Joy May doesn't even believe that his seed can beat Da Manny. This is why Fam May put on the bullshytology about "Filipino A-side Meth." Holla!

Radam

Not even when I wear my Manny Pacquaio goggles do I see a scenario of Floyd being frightened of 'em. Seriously. But, like you, I do believe fighters can be afraid and fearful of others. In the end; it goes back to my supernatural inhuman comment. That no fighter is..they too have emotions and feelings they have to manage and some can't manage that fear. There was a time way back when I was convinced Bernard Hopkins was fearful of the Jones rematch. I mean when a man beats you as handily as Jones did first time around...that's gotta leave a pretty insecure lasting feeling on the loser.

Pacman would not cut off his nose to spite his face. It doesn't make sence, or dollars. Nobody is afraid of anybody here. The devil is in the details. It will work out. It will happen sooner or later. Too much money not to happen.

It will happen just as much as the late, greats Sonny "Night Train" Liston and Smokin' Joe Frazier did almost 50 years ago. It will happen just as much as the late, great Sugar Ray Robinson fighting even one pugilist on the "Black Murder Row" 60-odd years ago. It will happen just as much as the late, great Jack Dempsey fighting the on-the-comeback late, great Jack Johnson 80 years plus ago. It will happen just as much as _ _ _ __ __ __!

Money doesn't mean shyt to a fool or coward or both. The only thing that matters is his ability to control and away stroll. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

The more we debate it ... the more they make. They're laughing at us bickering over it. Floyd told me on Tweeter he wants a piece of Radam. Says you can get it for a buck fifty.

Hehehehe! SouthPaul! You're crazy, man! Lil' Floyd will never get any of Da G. It's all GOOD! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Lmao. They should name their fight Unforgivable Currency.

Wow! Hahahaha! SouthPaul, you are on a roll! But down that green brick road away from Da Manny, Money May will keep gettin' on his stroll! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

The heat got me all twisted. I've had 11 heat strokes today..and counting. You realize though how much this fight is going to cost the general public? PPV $95.00, $110.00 for HD? Nose bleed starting seats starting at a grand? Closed circuit.. $150.00 a head? Hotel rooms up... Alcohol and liquor also at record breaking costs? It'll be ground breaking nonsense for it and mega event preceding. All because we the general demanded it. Be careful what you ask and demand for, folks.

SouthPaul says:

Floyd just Tweeted .. He'll come in the ring wearing a backpack loaded down with stacks of Ben Franklins and still box circles around Manny Pacquaio.

I'll check you later, homey. Tap dance lessons await me...

Im scared of needles is the red flag for me cause its a flat out lie.(he has tattoos) I want all the fans to answer this question why did Pac lie? Please only serious answers.

SouthPaul says:

Im scared of needles was the red flag for me cause its a flat out lie.(he has tattoos) I want ask all the Pac fans to answer this question why did he lie? Please only serious answers.

Good question. Had this same debate with a good and very knowledgeable boxing friend a few months ago. I told him.. I've had both. They aren't even comparable. Apples and oranges comparison. Poll 10 people who've had tats.. Be willing to wager all 10 more than likely agree.

You can't mention red flags without ever admitting the first red flag was waived by Floyd. He didn't just ask, either, he demanded and slandered...made outright accusations. Roadblocked it from the jump. Personally, I think he did it to spite Arum more than Manny but yes... From the gettyup.. He came out of left field acting all disrespectful. I wouldn't expect a pretty please with a $100 bill on top from him but when another man trips like that.. Some people aren't having it. Wouldn't you be offended to have your career slandered?

Carmine Cas says:

Although I am critical of Pacquiao's level of competition during his venture upward in divisions, I have vouched for him the past on this issue and I still will. I honestly think the testing issues came down to self pride and psychology. Apparently before one of the Barrera fights pacquiao retook a blood test 24 hrs prior to bout. After the test he felt weak during their fight; he lost. Since than supposedly pacquiao has had a fear of needles since than. Team Pacquiao had agreed to Mayweather's drug testing protocol and he continued to act as if it was still an issue. When asked about the fight Mayweather than made excuses such as "Pacquiao brings American money to the Philippines and that ain't right", "I want 100 million" "Whose Manny Pacquiao" etc.. And every ignorant fan follows along as if Pacquiao still won't take the tests. Pacquiao could make a lot of money fight others instead of fight Mayweather to sacrifice his pride. All in all I think Mayweather saw Pacquiao as a threat to his perfect record, the same with all his other past prime opponents. 2 or 3 years ago the fight would have been very competitive and Pacquiao would have the edge. If they fight now Mayweather wins with ease. But if Pacquiao miraculously regains that speed and explosiveness for one more night Mayweather's less mobile style will fall victim too Pacquiao's super fast awkwardness. It's funny because technically is one of the best boxers we've seen for a while. All he needed to do was take a page out of Marquez' book and use distance and lateral movement to offset Pacquiao's non stop offense. Mayweather has the physical tools to match Pacquiao's, he just didn't believe he could accomplish this at Pacquiao's peak. Everyone has holes in their game, Pacquiao's were/are much bigger than Floyd's; yet Mayweather fear for his 0 was greater than his desire to build his legacy.

To keep it short, I think Pacquiao shouldn't let Floyd lure him into fight if he feels he can't perform at his best. His life divided between politics acting and boxing, it's time to stop the multitasking and take one career. Retire before it's too late unless you can dedicate your full attention to boxing...

That was media manipulation and bullsh*tology. Da Manny never said that he was scared of needles. The former made up that shyt, and Money May's groupies and nuthuggers ran wild with it, just as they did with the fib that Da Manny said that all gays should be put to death. Every bytch -- I mean red flag came from Fam May. Money May punched out. And that was smart on his part, because he knew that his fanboys and fanfaronades would never condemn him. Holla!

spit bucket says:

Pac lost to Morales once and was 2-0 against Barrera...

Radam

I don't see the media being all at fault here. Sometimes true but other times a scapegoat. All this drama has been created by Top Rank, Golden Boy Promotions, and The Money Team (Floyd, Al, etc). All goes back to the day Floyd has to buy his way out Top Rank. Floyd never forgot those $750,000 big ones. He was unhappy before and even more so afterwards. Held a grudge since...hasn't had anything nice to say about his ex promotional company...hasn't worked with 'em either. This isn't about drug testing. It's about squeezing out the old and bringing in the new.

Floyd and Al had a plan from the jump to not allow Top Rank to get their paws on even a measly rusty old penny. That is what kicked off this battle between all involved. He then works with Golden Boy...albeit grudgingly as well because he also can't stand putting money into Oscar's pockets. That grudge goes back to Oscar and crew stacking every concession against Floyd they could when it came to those two fighting.

They practically forced Floyd to sign away his first born and constitutional rights. But, and this is a guess..Al likely go thru to Floyd and said we aren't working with Oscar..we are working with the real brains behind Golden Boy. Richard Schaefer. Al says ..if it makes dollars and cents...than it makes sense for the Money Team until we come up with our own promotional license. In comes Fifffffty Cent. Now let's cut out Golden Boy or at least minimize their role.

Al and Richard are good friends so no need to completely ruin that relationship. It's business. In between it all Floyd keeps insulting.. Polishes and perfects his villain role with a couple appearances at the WWE (no doubt in my mind Vince Mcmanhon schools Floyd on how to perfect his bad boy image) . Thats wassssup! The time has come, these suckas about to cash in the mega lotto ticket.

No scaregoat whatsoever, SouthPaul. The media's biz is about making bucks and creating inattention blindness and confirmation bias. And they do their job well. And I ain't hating no nobody and his sidekick for not seeing it.

Media manipulation is STRONG. It's the media's version of boxing's tricks of the trade. The media can really put some magic on your arse, and if you don't know how the trick is done, your brain eat dat syet up like truthful energy.

The optical illusions are in full effect when there is moola to be made Holla!

Radam its on YouTube Pac said he's scared of needles. Damn even when you he Pac say it out of his own mouth you still deny it.SMH

SouthPaul says:

I've got my personal film crew following my nugga' Radam. Documentary. Unforgivable Pinoy Fanatic. Lmao

Hahaha! You're crazy, SouthPaul. I'm hiding in plain sight. And to your film crew all of us "Unforgivable Filipinoness" look alike. I thought that I was looking in the mirror the other day, but it was a window.

Dude starting gettin' on his grin and movin' and jive. I went WTF! My reflection is acting a fool. Dude then told me to F myself, because he was Korean. Hehehe! I better stay the heck outta Los Angeles Korea Town. Danggit! Those Koreans even look like my arse.

Did I ever tell you about the time I fought on a Don King card and he had the announcer to fib that I was from Korea. I asked DK why did he do that syet. And he told me because a Pinoy couldn't draw flies to a bout. Now DK is drawing flies to his super senior citizen arse. Hahaha!

Don't even tell me how much money that Da Manny has made world-wide, but just on the mainland USA. Holla!

You are fibbing, SCLA Ali! Go to see YOUTUBE and holla at "Who says Pacquiao is scared of needles." GOCHA, SCLA Ali! Cut out the Money Mayology syet. Like most people don't, Da Manny "doesn't needles," he has NOT said that he was scared of 'em. I REPEAT! That is some made up syet, just da syet about Da Manny saying all gays should be put to death. Holla!

Money May is the one who is scared of needles. The needles that would be needed to cure him if he ever grow a pair and step in that squared jungle with Da Manny. Holla!

With all of the dubious accounting on PAC's books,..... the only HOLE will be the chasms, holes and fissures found in the diminutive Dynamo's savings account.

Floyd is the gold standard, the prototype, the most complete boxer since the near perfection once manifested in the Sweet boxing career of one Sugar Ray Robinson.

Acclaimed as the pound for pound greatest by every trainer, fighter and career fight industry pundit that matters.

However Good news in on the way: Arum has made headlines saying he's all good with the prospect of doing bidness wit Fiddy Cent.

Fiddy has replied with shot recently heard round the boxing world : YES,... I think I can make the Floyd-PAC fight happen.

This recent development renders the opines of this article ..... a moot point.

MORE TO BE REVEALED>

Grimm says:

Only in the unreal world is everything black or white, right or wrong, yes or no. Only in the unreal world can a man - if he even said so, I don't know - not fear needles leading up to a fight, if he once - a decade or so earlier - got himself tattooed.

In the real world, people are a complex kind of creature, contradicting their actions and words all the time. Heck, I've more than once said and done things that didn't correlate with my normal opinions. If we add some spice to it - that is, a loudmouth making insults and demands - the emotions involved can easily make a man - we can call him Manny - say things he really don't mean, while what he really means is: go f--- yourself.

Next point: with two questionable performances, Manny has gone from the-one-to-beat-the-daylights-out-of-Money-May to he-don't-stand-a-chance. Sure, he's not the awesome version anno 2008-2010. Then again, neither is Floyd. And while we know Manny has problems with boxers that kills his angles, fact is Floyd hasn't met anyone quite like him - not even this lackluster version of Pac-Man. The evidence suggests Pac-Man hits hard, and harder than most. Cotto, not remotely as quickhanded as Pac-Man, was able to tag Money from time to time. And it's about there we still have some kind of drama lined up: there are, after all, still some "if:s" left to be answered...

Finally, Radam is 100% right about the game about the game, and we all look like sheep running around and citing so called sources that have seen this and heard that, red flags waving in front of us blind bulls. Damn. We got two great warriors here. If they fight: good. If they don't: we'll survive til another day, another great fight.

That is not even truth in "the unreal world," Grimm. Have you check that syet, lately? Their are lines of gray in every type of world. And in all these world, there is never always a "right or wrong, [and] yes or no."

Reality distortion and optical illusions are everywhere. Money May is great and a coward at the same time, as was Sugar Ray Robinson. Da Manny is great and naive at the same time, as GOAT Ali, Brownbomber Joe Louis, Flash Gorde, Jack Johnson, Homicide Hank Armstrong, Carmen Basilio, Willie Pep and the list goes on and on.

Money May is an artmaster with his bullsh*tology. And he is a genius the way that he can fool all da know nothings, da making up syets and pure haters. Da on-the-declined Manny will kick da holy hebejeebeez outta da on-the-declined Money May. And Money May knows this. This is the unique reason that he has bullsh*tted his way outta of the bout. He is no doubt -- GREAT! And in every iota of the sweet science.

Sugar Ray Robinson claimed that he didn't fight the "Black Murder Row" because "there was no money in fightin' colored fighters." But a peep at his record will see that he fought several colored fighters, who he knew were ripe for him to beat. WOW! Sound very much like the modern-day Money May. How many fighters he fought when they were ripe for him to beat? Just to name a few, the late Gatti, Mosley, Cotto, Zudah and the list goes on and on.

Much POWER to Money May. He knows his art and science of da whole game of da sweet science. And Da Manny would knock him off it and out, so Money May stays away from the One-man Pinoy Murder Row, just as SRR stayed away from the "Black Murder Row." But they both will whup a woman's arse at the drop of a hat. Hahaha! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Lmao at the Don King story. Good stuff. The man has fallen off his spot. Will he ever get back his mojo? He also needs to hang up that American flagged Rhinestone denim Levis jacket he always be wearing these days. Looking dusty and crusty & faded.

Money May is the bronze standard for boksing. At least Sugar Ray Robinson cojones up and fought one Pinoy and beat him in a close fight. And the Sugarman was undefeated as an amateur. Money May got his arse beat six times, with southpaw torching that arse four of the six. Dude cannot fight a speed-demon, hard-punching southpaw. He gets his arse beat every time. Just go to Youtube and observed how the lefty Pittsburg Kid fudged him up in a sparring session. And observe how Money May will spar with a Pinoy lefty, but will not allow camera recording. Dude knows da deal. And da Pinoys always fudge up his meal. U.S. O-Games medalists have been notorious for gettin' their arse stopped by Pinoys. Money May doesn't want to fall into that list of gold medalists Kennedy McKinney and Oscar Dela Hoya.

BTW on-da-deep-deep-fringe stanky -- I men Yanky -- scribes are cyberscribing that Da Manny "has been showing a lack of power because he's stop taking steroids." OMFG! These bytch-up haters will come up with any piece of bullshyt and fantasized nonsense. But when Da Manny kayos the next opponent, these ___ ___ ___ ____ will cybersh*t -- I mean cyberscribe -- that Da Manny is now back on the "Filipino A-side Meth." What a bunch of jingoistic cowards and vaporers.

There has never been a near-perfect boxer, PERIOD! The pound-for-pound best was no doubt Willie Pep. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

I say this as respectfully as one can but one of the stupidest opinions concerning MAyweather vs PAC is those who say it ain't ever happening. Absurdity!

Real Talk says:

Was this rant disguised as an article motivated by hate for May .........or sympathy for Pac? That is the million dollar question. Peace out (in my Cris Tucker voice)

REPEAT, SCLA Ali, "Pac said he" "doesn't LIKE needles." There a big distinction between being "scared" and not liking. I don't like bullsh*tology, but I'm not "scared" of it. Da Manny is NOT scared of "NEEDLES!" Team and Fam May said that syet, not Da Manny. Most Ebonicans in South Central Los Angeles don't like da po-po! But dey ain't "scared" of any cop. Sugar Ray Robinson didn't like elevators, but he wasn't scared of 'em.

I REPEAT, and I will KEEP REPEATING! Da Manny, or even Radam G, and Pacmommy and G momma don't like NEEDLES. But needles won't make us PUNK OUT! Da Manny will take da NEEDLES and Money May's goose egg. GET over it, SCLA Ali! Da Manny will kick Money May's arse. Hit dat muthasuckas with a thousand punches. And Da Manny will take a thousand-and-one needles to get the opportunity. Holla!

OneTonMan says:

Actually, the fight was already ON the first time around when it was announced that the two will tango. But Mayweather came up with excuses after excuses, and the whole thing just imploded. Mayweather opted OUT because Mayweather Sr cried drug foul after Pacquiao blasted his fighter Hatton out. Sr instilled fear in son's phsyche to back out.

dino da vinci says:

@OTM. There are things about Mayweather, Jr I will never understand. Not wanting to fight Oscar again, not fighting Pacquiao two years ago, feeling a need to have a few pound weight advantage over Marquez. I sometimes get the feeling that Floyd doesn't realize how great he really is. The shame is, and mark my words, history will talk him down the all-time list, not up it. In the make believe world of P-4-P, I'm 1,000,000% sure history will not be kind to Floyd the Younger.

Change that. 2,000,000%

The simple fact of the matter is The first fight didn't get made because Pac refused to take the blood test.
Pac flat out refused to take the blood test two weeks before the fight even after Mayweather had agreed to some rather outrageous weight stipulations (10 $$$Mil Per Pound)

How is a blood test random with a cut off date?
It's enough to trigger all kinds of red flags and valid suspicions.

Floyd never had any history making weight and only rehydrated to between149 - 151 for the Cotto fight .
He weighed the same when he beat a 165lb Del La Boys. (When Oscar was still Oscar & 4 years before his counterpart fought him at 145 / with a rehydration clause)

Which fight was more fair?.....
.and in which fight was Oscar literally handicapped to insure he would lose?
It was a mismatch that rivals Marciano vs in proportion.

Floyd did miss the Marquez bout by 2 pounds ...
However he's consistantly weighed 146 for his last 5 fights over the last 5 years while barely rehydrating over 151lbs

A feat of consistancy that dwarfs the performance standards of most boxers who come in 20lbs over the limit the day of the fight.(and I'm referring to junior feather weights for starters)

Defeating 20 champions consecutively over15 years including many HOFmers while they were at the weight they were comfortable with is an unparrelled achievement that's just beginning to gain recognition . Amongst other things like defense.

Sure Pac can fight but why is there a double standard? Pac still refuses to fight Cotto at 154 and will: only box him at 150.

Where is the gamesmanship in that?
And you question Mayweather? I just don't get it.

Floyd called out Pac after Cotto and just recently on YouTube 2 days ago.
Hell......they don't even have to deal with GoldenBoy.
But still no fight.

The way I see it... Pac got his best publicity fightingFloyd's left overs...always fighting them several years after Floyd beat them.

It hardly adds up to a disparity of standards between Pac and Floyd based on that fact.

...Sure....it will be disappointing if the fight doesn't happen.
But how does this guy affect Floyds legacy?
I feel that anybody can play the blame game.

He's got to get past Bradley and Marquez first. Well maybe not Bradley.

Da Manny said that he would take a blood test up to about a week before the day of the prospected bout, but Floyd Kenducky Chicken kept making changes to every d@mn thing else because he's frighten of LOSING that goose EGG. Da Manny kicks his @ss, PERIOD! Now the declined PacMan will kick the declined Money May's @ss! Holla!

Money May is a master at making his groupies listen to his flute and fall off that cliff. He fought Da Manny's leftover and didn't have the cojones to come in at the agreed upon weight. He fights another one of Da Manny's leftovers, and struggled like a bytch. He couldn't knock him out. Money May is the SRR of our days. And an artmaster at targeting the __ __ __! Holla!

HA! The groupie calls out other groupies!! I love it!

The Roast, it's a great distinction between Da Manny's PacPosse and the Money May's groupies. Posses don't ride with excuses and alibis. We have the straight up hardcore truth of actuality and reality.

Jimmy Ellis, as a middleweight got his @ss torched by Hurricane Carter, and nobody ever bytched that Ellis would have beat the Hurricane at heavyweight. Things are what they are. Fighters fight. And suck an @ss whuppin' up and move on. Could, would and should, are for those groupies that NEVER! Holla!

And the Hurricane use to beat da holy hebejeebeez outta "The Night Train" Liston in sparring sessions. And nobody ever complained about the little man putting on weight and coming up to heavyweight and making it a fair fight. Big muthasuckas cannot handle the speed, quickness and super slickness of an undersized cat. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Debate it till your fingers turn blue but truth be told concerning PAC vs MAyweather is there hasn't never been any "official" negotiations. Just a bunch of mudslinging and finger pointing while each of them cash in on other fights until they meet up to fight. They make truck loads of money while we bicker over he said she said; who's fucking who and who's testing and who's not. It's gotten pretty stale, friends.

Dino, why would Floyd need to ever fight Oscar again? He beat the guy fair and square doing so even while Oscar attempted to stack the house against him. Maybe for a few dollars more but for history and his standings in all time pound for pound... No need to in my mind. Makes no sense.

dino da vinci says:

What makes the sport so great is every fighter brings their own set of strength and weaknesses. Some guys have trouble dealing with power and/or speed, others nullify it relatively well, and still others make it look easy.

Brown Sugar. Two words. Pat Lawlor.

Roast. I'm an island.

Have you ever heard the song that no man is an island. But some dames are beaches. And I love hanging out on beaches! Hehehe! Holla!

What in da double fudge heck is the Roast? A damsel's looker -- or is that a girl watcher? Hehehe! And WTF! In cyberspace, he is single like muthaplaya. Some guys get all the luck. Maybe the Roast needs to holla at Doc Mortcola about how to get da dames' mouths and booties off his brain cells.

My evil-twin wife told me if I ever think that I'm single in cyberspace, she is gonna fudge my left-handed arse up worse than the nuns use to do. Of course, I told her if I were like Money May, she would be running, because I would whup her arse. Then she flexed on me like an evil lady lion. I ran like a Tom bambi bytch -- I mean like a Tim Bradley chump. Then my little-arse feet started hurting. Hehehe! I hate this fudging wheelchair. Holla!

Dino,... I like the analogy... can I hire you for the Brownsugar Spin Team? LOL>>.

dino da vinci says:

SouthP, because that is what great fighters do. They fight the very best. Oscar, to his credit, went out of his way to fight the very best. Yes, he had an exceptional team. Like Kraft-Belichick-Brady, Arum-Trampler-De La Hoya rolled through the sport and fought a who's who of extremely worthy contenders and fellow champions.

Paul, today at Mayweathers Gym they had on Pac vs Marquez II. And so begins a how did you score this fight, how did you score the other two fights scenario. While the bantering is going on, I'm trying to catch glimpses of the bout because I missed it the first time around. And it occurs to me just how amazing these two really are. They really are whatever comes after insanely great. Yet, there are some who would say enough with Pac / Marquez, let's move on. However, those people weren't standing in front of the screen today. I can assure you every last fighter, trainer, former world champion (I counted three) and me would be thrilled to see a fourth go 'round. And a fifth if it warranted it.
It takes many years to become great, and there is really only a handful of truly great fighters applying their trade at any given time. When they are willing to face each other we should be most appreciative. But it's a two way street.
When I think of rivalries, be it the Pats-Colts, Red Sox-Yankees or what have you, I think of what adjustments will both teams make to better their likelihood of being successful. Now you may say, well they had twelve rounds to make adjustments, and to a degree you'd be right. But there are so many other factors. Who had a particular injury that didn't allow for certain movement or adjustments. Also, things that can be fixed in a gym, or with better instruction.
Paul, if in the history of basketball the Celtics (Greatest franchise ever...I can't hear you, I can't hear you) only played the Lakers one time and never felt a need to play them again, they'd of left a lot of great moments on the table, now wouldn't they?

dino da vinci says:

Is that like where we'll be spinning plates on a stick?

All kidding aside, I would be honored and humbled to be considered for any team BrownSugar was assembling.

SouthPaul says:

Excuse what may seem like brown nosing but per usual good stuff coming from Dino's keyboard. I don't entirely agree but you got me thinking up a variety of topics. Good stuff. Still, I ain't interested in a fourth Jmm bout. They've provided plenty of great moments in the 3 past fights so no need to provide any more. I'd rather see a veteran like Jmm fight an up comer like Broner. If there's something to undress there ...by all means... Let's see a veteran expose it. Or, let the up comer prove his worth. In order to do that he needs to face a very experienced fighter like Jmm. Better that than a fourth fight with an old rival. Glad you also mention all the people who once helped Oscar advance to a mega star. The guy seems to suffer from selective memory. Totally fails to acknowledge some of those folks and the importance they played on his career. I also still think most of Floyd's unwillingness to go thru with a de la Hoya rematch was because of unfair concessions thrown his away which is ironic because he's done the same with Pacquiao. The abused usually go on to abuse others themselves! Vicious cycle.

SouthPaul says:

I think it's also worth mentioning that Oscar while having a very stellar resume of opponents he too failed to create some better rivals. Ike Quartey was worthy of a rematch.. Tito Trinidad was worthy of a rematch.

Ditto SouthPaul! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

I'm making a mock video of you called Unforgivable Holla. Lmao. I read your Bob Lee comments earlier. You got the curious cat in me in curious overdrive. Take the duct tape off that mouth tell your story in it's entirety. Don't sweat the judge..we all family here...ain't no one snitching a homey out and I doubt that judge you mentioned is a member of TSS. Hooooooolllllllllllllllla!!!!!!!

SouthPaul says:

Di pwede, pare! Tagod na tagod ako, andam. I like da moola dat da judge awarded a Pinoy, so I ain't talking. Walang mausap ako, talaga! Hehehehe! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Lmao. We'll respect the gag order.

The Good Doctor says:

Very nicely put. I find a large contingent of people who think Floyd should have fought Oscar again and maybe I am in the minority here but I must ask why outside of money. Floyd beat him soundly and anyone who believes in that judge who scored it for Oscar is taking something that probably isn't legal.

Agreed,.....

Floyd didn't fight Oscar again because he was more aware than anyone else, that while the fight was a tactical masterpiece and a showcase of pure boxing skill.... it really wasn't very intertaining at all.

For the money that fight earned, it was a pretty dull affair for the casual fan. and no refunds were offered.

Most expected Floyd to "Gatti" Oscar.

But as we all know Oscar is much better than Gatti ever was.... Oscar was even ahead on the cards against a prime Bhop at middleweight (until he gave up the liver shot)

Oscar also gave Tito a boxing lesson,....... in a perfect world he would have had his hand raised instead of Tito's.

The thrill and anticipation of Floyd vs Oscar that garnered 2.4 Million buys was the appeal of watching a real good little guy... against a very good bigger guy.

The matchup between 2 of the most technical fighters in the sport left much to be disired.
Floyd knew the rematch wouldn't have sold well. The fight would have been another tight and tactical affair.

Then Oscar struggled against 2pounds Forbes in his tune up after a long period of activity.

Public interest went down the tubes.

Floyd bowed out rather than host an event with minimal support.

dino da vinci says:

Good Doctor, I had Floyd in that one. I've only lost money on Floyd twice, and he is definitely a profit center. No, I figured if people thought the first one close, I would be more than happy to wager on Mayweather in the sequel. It was an entertaining fight, why wouldn't ya do it again?

Latest Articles