FLOYD IS FREE Mayweather Out of Jail

BY Michael Woods ON August 03, 2012

MayweatherCotto Hogan 87Floyd Mayweather is a free man. The best boxer in the world exited the Clark County Detention Center late Thursday night-early Friday morning; he entered the facility on June 1 on a domestic battery charge.

The AP reported that about 20 family and friends met the 35 year-old pugilist, who last year was named the top earner in sports by Forbes, at $85 million. He said nothing to assembled press, the AP said, and sped away in a Bentley with his pal 50 Cent, with whom he is collaborating on a new promotional entity.

Floyd got out early for work time and good behavior. He stayed relevant in the press when his attorneys attempted to get him sprung early because the accomodations, including the food and water, were subpar. The justice of the peace scoffed at that stance and kept him incarcerated.

"Floyd Mayweather was released late last night & spent his first hours of freedom with family & friends. We're glad to have The Champ back," was the Tweet from his Mayweather Promotions Twitter account after he was let out.

Some speculate that Mayweather might not want to reward Las Vegas, the state whose justice system locked him up, and might instead want to fight his next bout, maybe against Miguel Cotto in a rematch, in, say, New York. 50 Cent received a promoter license in NY, and a insider source told TSS that he was given an assurance that if he did want to bring a Mayweather fight to the Empire State, and Madison Square Garden, "Money" would be welcomed.

So, the source was asked, there would be no difficult getting him licensed, on moral grounds?

No, the source said; if the world knew the rap sheets on about three-quarters of the people involved in the fight game who hold licenses, they would be surprised.

I asked Floyd's assistant David Levi about a rematch at MSG on Dec. 1.

"I doubt Floyd will fight on a date scheduled by an opponent," he said. Hmmm....sounds like a Cotto-redo isn't up next.

And what has Money been doing since he got free? "He hasn't mentioned fighting at all," Levi said. "Just relaxing with friends and family."

ultimoshogun says:

Makes sense I guess if both fighters are willing. We'd all rather have the Pacman fight but Arum hasn't even begun building his arena...and the stitches in Manny's eye probably won't be fully healed till next year. I read the rumored possible opponents for Cotto in December were Canelo and Hassan N'Dam N'Jkiam but I think GBP will save a high profile matchup with Canelo for Cinco De Mayo...plus I think Cotto's too small for MW. Since Floyd only did 60 days he should be good to go with no tune up fight.

SouthPaul says:

Floyd looking like a dusty mountain goat. Get to a barber. Welcome home. Nothing like home, eh? I think his next opponent gonna get seriously thrashed. I got him thrashing and cashing ... If him and Manny were to fight next...I got Floyd eating his bowl of rice.

ultimoshogun says:

Now that you've mentioned it, I can totally see Floyd taking out his frustrations out on his next opponent in dominating fashion.

dino da vinci says:

Nothing will change in the ring. And that is just part of what makes him great.

NO! NO! NO! Unless Money May was not in the Sin City five-star slammer, he will not be able to just re-adjust to everyday living and training and jumped into the ring before this year is out. Just an iota of knowledge about psychology will let you know that lockdown and not running syet fudged up Money May's neuroblasts up in the cranium.

His mind is now playing tricks on him. The 100,000 different chemical reactions that occur in the brain every second are all whacked and still feel like they are being attacked.

Yall TSS hotshots oughta holla at Doc Mortcola. He will explain to all you jacks of some other trades how even a day of not being your own person can give you post traumatic stress and slave disorder.

Yall musta' fo'got! After just about eight days in Money May started crying like a captured slave __ ___ ___ to be put under Big Boy mansion arrest -- I mean house arrest. His dad Pops Joy May even started tearing up and claiming that the system was putting his seed under cruel and unusual punishment. And that "He might not ever be da same again," PJM bytched.

I know that quite a few of you guys think that Money May has kryptoniteless cojones, but he doesn't. His little wee wee can be hurt just like yours. Hehehehehe!

BTW, I'm not sure if "nothing will change in the ring." But probably not. The ring is where Money May finds solitude and artistic and scientistic wonders and control. But like any near 40-year-old pugilist, he has certainly declined -- A WHOLE LOT! Somebodeee and dey ___ __ ___ _ oughta quit suffering from a thousand and one psychological blindnesses. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

If the forum head doc gives it to you real he'll be saying Floyd didn't spend nearly enough time in jail to have any serious long term affects. Not negative anyhow. He did 2 months in the country club of county jails, which you have referred to over and over as just that. Floyd will be fine mentally, if anything, a little less quick to jump in the Bentley and go shake baby momma around like a rag doll. That'll be the positive affect of it all.

Dino

Excellent point because for all the silly attention whore nonsense outside the ring...the guy is the polar opposite inside. Professional per usual...maybe a bit more of it perhaps. Going to jail can have lots of positive effects on ones behavior..

It doesn't take time, SouthPaul. It is the happening of the event, and losing control that fudges up a tough nut to crack. Time is irrevelent. [Oftentimes a person in a war zone just a sec is worse off one who was there for a year or two.

The late, great Sonny "Night Train" Liston came through jail just FINE. But a Detroit fighter -- first name is Ricky -- who lost to Evander Holyfield in the 1984 U.S. O-Game Boxing Trails, blew himself away after spending a while in the slammer. Like Money May, he came out smiling and was given much luv, but no mental treatment. KAPOW! God Rest his soul.

Lil' Floyd is no doubt mentally STRONG. [So was Ricky! We thought.] And Money May probably will get better, but he has indeed been affected. Once again, if not, he would not have tried to con his way out by begging for home-arrest lockdown.

Dude is a mental wreck, but is hiding it just fine with that golden smile and all da luv dat his flunkies, fluzzies, fanboys and flute followers are giving him. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Funny but even from that angle ...I can't see it. Floyd transferred all his commissary goods over to his BFF cellmate and he ain't looking back. Right now he probably dick'ing down Miss Jackson for lost time and eating El Pollo Loco in between.

You got me on that one. There is nothing like good sex and good food to kick start one after a bad situation. Holla!

TotoyBato says:

Yaayy!! Floyd is free!!! Now make the FIGHT HAPPEN!

dino da vinci says:

It doesn't take time, SouthPaul. It is the happening of the event, and losing control that fudges up a tough nut to crack. Time is irrevelent. [Oftentimes a person in a war zone just a sec is worse off than one who was there for a year or two.

Rad, Ricky Womack deserves a movie about his life and what might have been. If you think Mike Tyson's life was a car wreck in progress, Womack made him look like a boy scout.

I wish Mort would check in on this, and he would tell you what SouthPaul and myself believe; Floyd didn't get to where he is because he's easily rattled. As for wanting out early, who wouldn't? He was told prior that like Lohan, Paris Hilton, etc., he'd be home in a jiffy. They played the card, it didn't work, and he went about his business. Problem with Floyd is the same problem Riddick Bowe and Michael Moorer suffered from. The light never went on that being a dominant champion was much higher up the food chain than being a police officer, a Marine, or a wannabe gangster. (Considering that those three occupations would most definitely trade up to dominant champion status.) With the modest time served, Floyd will have more swagger, not less. However, he won't want to go back any time soon.

dino da vinci says:

Radam

Da Dino

SP. I predict the next time that you see 'Money' on the big screen, his aura will be so extreme and glowing so intensely, that you'll swear it was computer generated.

Funny but even from that angle ...I can't see it. Floyd transferred all his commissary goods over to his BFF cellmate and he ain't looking back. Right now he probably dick'ing down Miss Jackson and eating El Pollo Loco in between.

Real Talk I know he missed his kids and all but im pretty sure he miss some miss Jackson just as much.

MisterLee says:

@SouthPaul: What's with the rice comment? Can you keep racial slurs out of the forum please. It's like talking about Floyd and Fried Chicken when comparing him to Pacquiao. That is it.

I'm glad Floyd is out. It is good for Boxing. I will watch his next fight, and Cotto's next fight. Holler pple.

~Not a Pacquiao Fanatic.

Just spittin' a correct note of knowledge, as always. Actually, fried chicken is an oriental thing. And rice is an african thing, just as corn is mostly an American Indian thing. With all the mixing on the US mainland, people take a potshot at everything being a racist comment, when there is no pun intended. Holla!

BTW Money May love his fried chicken. That is why I use to call him Floyd Kenducky Chicken. As he called Da Manny "Sterice-taking bytch! There is a thin between being about da fun and being a knuckleheaded-@ss racist. As I don't come close to racism, neither does SouthPaul. He is just gettin' his clown on. Don't be surprised if he eats most rice than all da ___ ___ __! Hehehe! Holla!

@SouthPaul, I hope that Money May get down wif marryin' Ms. Jackson. I'll surely be there at the wedding gettin' my rice throw onto his arse. Hehehe!

THROWING rice at weddings is an Asian tradition that you Westerners straight-up STOLE! Jack us like muthathieves in da darkest of night. But that's okay. We be stealing you guys' syet all lightest day and darkest night.

Just ask running-for-a-U.S. Prez-easy-defeat Mick Romney! He loves outsourcing Yanks' jobs to our factories and work grounds. Hahaha! Holla!

SouthPaul says:

In for a quick minute and will repsond more later but nothing malicious meant with the rice comment. Just as Radam pointed out... Clowns don't know how to be policitally correct or walk on eggshells. We say what we say and that's that! Lol. It's all love, Mister Lee, make all the fried chicken comments youd like...won't phase me. Peace!

Remember when Bernard threw the bag of rice at Tito? Lmao.

Good move by Floyd to go incommunicado with the press during his stay in the county...it just fuels their desire for more information. Time served and dept paid ..... the cash cow of boxing is back and in position to quit plowing the fields and proceed directly to owning the Farm. Looking better than ever and growing hair in places he should no longer have the capacity to. ........The TMT Promotional platform builders are ready to expand and grow in multiple areas of influence.....both inside and outside the ring. Floyd's partner....Rap Mogul and Enterpreneur Juggernaut 50cent, ........who is homing in on a half billion $ fortune thru investments in everything from direct to home videos, vitamin water, platinum jewelry and music...to more mundane commodities like deoderant and energy drinks... is teaming up with Mayweather (whose Mayweather production company has provided services to facilitate Drake concerts among other intertainment ventures) to rock the world with another Blockbuster Event that won't require the massive promotional muscle of GBP. This much is certain. The only thing not certain is who the next dance partner will be.

dino da vinci says:

Why Brown?

You know that photo will be like a dagger in the heart of the Roast. Have you no compassion?

MisterLee says:

Good stuff pple. @Southpaul. No hard feelings!

The Roast is completely unflappable Dino....if memory serves me correctly ....he had this photo up before I did. And he's not the only one to who's ever had a tennis infatuation. Lol...

I can also boast that I've read the Williams Sisters biography ( plus watched the video) and enjoyed viewing many of their matches......Mr Williams coaching techniques should be required reading for every coach who hasn't obtained the desired result from whatever training program they have in place.

What Mr Williams had was more practical than mere genius. What he had was the ability improvise, innovate and or extrapolate a training method for every skill he wanted his daughters to learn. And he loved what he was doing enough to impart to them his highest standards and work ethics.

Something I wish the amateur mens' boxing coaches knew how to do.

ultimoshogun says:

Since we're changing our avatar's to tennis babes allow me to show off my girl, Maria Kirilenko.

The unflappable Roast(thanks B-Sug) will now talk tennis since we have no and will not have any real fights to talk about until September. First of all congrats to Serena for winning the gold medal. I did predict(Ultimo can back me up) that Serena would win gold cuz she has been on fire on the grass since rolling through Wimbledon. I am happy for Maria even though she took a beating in the final for getting a silver medal. I play alot of high level tennis so trust me no tennis player is happy finishing second in any tournament. Four Grand Slam tournaments every year are the goal for the pros. The Olympic tourney once every four years is the only place that coming in second is still cool. Serena Williams in my opinion is one of the top 3 women in the history of tennis. When she is healthy and playing her best NO ONE can touch her. If Maria needs a shoulder to cry on she can always call the Roast. I've been on both sides of the beatdown so I know how she feels. Except for being the highest paid female athlete in history, I have no idea what that must be like.

dino da vinci says:

OK, I wish to play the female tennis superstar avatar game as well. Has Gabriela Sabatini withstood the test of time?

ultimoshogun says:

Dino, the last time I saw Gabriela on tv, (which was at least three years ago) I didn't recognize her until she was introduced. IMO, she's maybe even prettier now than her playing days.

Wow, Tennis babes convo,... only on the TSS.

dino da vinci says:

Dino, the last time I saw Gabriela on tv, (which was at least three years ago) I didn't recognize her until she was introduced. IMO, she's prettier now than in her playing days...good choice!

Thanks, Ultimo. It's settled then. As soon as I figure out how to add the avatar, Ms. Sabatini will be making an her TSS debut.