Adrien Broner Stops Vicente Escobedo In Fifth

BY Michael Woods ON July 21, 2012

BronerEscobedoWorkout Hoganphotos5Weight woes for Adrien Broner dominated the lead-in to the main event at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio Saturday, in a bout shown on HBO, and in fact, almost scrapped the event for TV. But Broner showed the skills that had us talking about him, as opposed to his flippant disregard for some of the standards of the sport, as he patiently hacked away at Vicente Escobedo, and whaled away at him in round five, forcing the loser's trainer to wave a white flag towel in surrender.

The end came at 2:42, as ref Gary Rosato concurred with trainer Joel Diaz, and we can now all keep our fingers crossed that weigh-in foolishness is over for Broner, who probably lost as many fans as he gained in the last two days with his disregard for the rich tradition of trying to adhere to some basic rules.

Broner went 114-257, while the loser was 58-232, so it was clear he had the edge in punchstats, if not class and dignity. Escobedo got teary post-fight, as he lamented the loss and contemplated what the stoppage means to him moving forward, a first time father now entrusted with providing for a baby girl.

After the scrap, Broner, down on one knee, hinting at a proposal, asked a galpal to brush his hair. He then got a bit more serious. Max Kellerman said he had a weight advantage, and he said he outgrew the weight class, and that is that. Max gave him the opportunity to be humble, but he eschewed that, and joked that he Tweeted a pic of Twinkees because he is addicted to them, and was asked by HBO pre-fight about any secret weakness. He said Antonio DeMarco, or Juan Manuel Marquez or Brandon Rios could be next. He then asked people to follow him on Twitter. Props must be givem he has us fooled, thinking he would propose to the lady; I do wonder if she was in on it, or is now an ex galpal, not happy with being a pawn in this prank. I will say this, same as I say of Floyd Mayweather--Broner does help me do my jab, by being "interesting."

Esco said after that Broner was faster, had power, and did back up his talk. Did the weight matter? "I'm not the judge of that," he said. He said, though, that he was pro, made weight, Broner didn't, but that Broner was the better man. He got teary, and said that was because he missed his family, and was bummed he didn't get a "fair fight." It was clear he was trying not to offer excuses, but that the circumstances did nag at him.

The WBO junior lightweight belt was on the line for Escobedo, but not Broner, who was stripped of the strap for being over weight.

The Cinci resident Broner (23-0 with 19 KO coming in) was 133 1/2 pounds on Friday, 143 on Saturday AM, while Escobedo (26-3 entering), coming down from 135, was 130 on Friday, and 142 on fight night. Broner was 147 on fight night, for the record.

The Californian Esco came to the ring to Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" with the knowledge that his purse, win or lose, would go toward a few years of college for his six week old baby. The first time father said he has more drive now to succeed in the ring. "I have a lot on my plate, but it's good food," he said of the baby girl new to the world.

Kellerman, before the fight started, opined that Broner should have moved to 135 if he knew 130 was not doable for him. He said if Broner wins, and looks spectacular, he will only break even, probably, in the eyes of the fans. Broner came to the ring mugging for the camera, chains heavy around his neck, with rapper Wacka Flocka alongside him. He didn't look repentant.

In the first, both men used the jab to set things up. Broner had a hand speed edge for all to see. In round two, a right uppercut buzzed Esco. Broner chopped rights to the body, as he calmly assessed the man on the defensive. Trainer Mike Stafford asked for feints after the round, and said he wanted the right hand over the top, and more body work, to both sides. He also asked for uppercuts from Broner.

In the third, we heard Roy Jones say that a man showing that left shoulder, a la Mayweather, as a defensive tactic, can be exploited. But he then refused to say how, saying it was not his place, rather bizarrely, in my opinion, so we didn't hear how Esco might be able to get at Broner. Harold Lederman had Broner up 3-0 after three, liking his jab and his D. Esco smartly tried to work downstairs, mostly with the left hand, in round four. The round was pretty darned close.

In the fifth, Broner stepped it up. Blood came from Esco's nose and face. He looked to back him up, but still tilted his head back, a la Floyd, and kept that right tucked high in defense. Joel Diaz stepped up with a white towel as his man took clean shots. I didn't see that intercession coming, but always always always, I like to see a trainer, or a ref, pull the plug too early, rather than too late.

deepwater says:

What a dick. I rather not watch broner .that was beyond stupid

mortcola says:

Broner is on my **** list. Classless little show-off prick, like Mayweather was when he willingly dishonored the contract and any honorable effort at a fair fight against Marquez. End might have been the same regardless of weight, but this is a kid who needs a beating - and at the higher weight, being shorter and easier to hit than Mayweather, someone will be able to do it.

Wow! The jury is still out on the Lil FLoyd clone. Holla!

Entertainment fellas y'all dislike for him is only going to make him a bigger star.

ali i disagree, the dude is a prick, having dude comb his hair does not make one a star.

the guy has no class. and most dont find it entertaining to watch him act like a

classless clown. the guy wants to be a clone, he is not even original, he is a wanna be

a follower, pretty sad if you ask anyone with class and humility.

once he moves up to his normal weight and fights guys his OWN size he will get

sparked out.

does anyone see broner beating garcia or mathysee or even zab at light ww? i dont..

TotoyBato says:

At this time, Adrien is Floyd's equal. I want to see NEW Money vs. OLD Money. Now is the time. Can't wait for Floyd to get any older, can't wait for Broner to get any stronger. SUPER Superfight!!! Free Money May!!!

SouthPaul says:

The kid has the skills to pay the bills and the personality of attention whore that will gain many fans and many haters. I ain't mad, do you Broner, nothing would be worse than a cookie cut world. Keep it diverse... That's wasssssup!

Not making the weight; what angers me most is the lack of oversight of the athletic commission. It's nonsense for fighters to negotiate their own weights let alone day of the fight extorting and holding all involved hostage till they settle amongst themselves. I hate rules but sometimes they are necessary to protect and to serve integrity. I am dead against catch weights! Takes away from the win or loss or whatever. I hate you Mr Commissioner! You're a joke and a sham and Id like to sucker punch you right about now.

amayseng I do agree with some of your post he's not original and I can't stand a copycat (I guess that's why i don't like Kobe ) 2nd when he does moves up i could see him getting scaped we'll just have to wait and see. Now what i don't agree with is u don't need to have class to be a star Roy Jones clowned during alot during fight. Mayweather, Ali ect as longas Broner keep winning he will be huge star.

SouthPaul says:

If this cat really applies himself the sky is the limit. PAC vs Broner at 140...omg....fireworks!

SouthPaul says:

I sort of agree. Broner's the real deal; he'd give Floyd and Manny serious problems at 147. I might even outright pick him to best Pacquaio if they somehow were able to make a fight this year. The kid is a beast and bet if he wasn't such a ham a lot more folks would agree. His antics will distract a many good eyes at spotting his true value. Don't sleep, folks, this cat is the real deal. My only real question is..how well he takes a shot from the hardest of hard punchers.

I wrote yesterday the kid has the skill and talent
to carry the torch for america in the future.
The problem- no one is going to want him to because
He is a prick, plain and simple. Only a few personalities will support
this guys antics.
Broner vs anyone great or elite is interesting but let's not get ahead
of ourselves, floyd would give him a boxing clinic easy money
and Pacman would starch him out in 3 rounds no doubt.

Broner just doesn't have the proper experience to deal with those two yet.

It's OHIO BABEEE,... WE produce champs, presidents, fortune 500 companies and world class athletes from every variety.

Call us the cornfields, or the breadbasket.... or the talent capitol of the nation.

That being said,... Broner did win by an unfair advantage.

However those of you still looking for moral inspiration from a boxer should take notice that this is the blood sport of boxing,...these are not applicants for knightship at king Arthurs round table.
I don't expect Broner to be recruited for the next face of a wheaties box,.. or his deeds to be extolled from a preachers pulpit.. but in the ring he displays undeniable talent,.. that fans will pay to see him get brutally KO'd and others will pay to watch him win via a merciless stoppage... .

How far he goes will be interesting to watch.. although I don't think he's better or as good as Mayweather was at the same level of development. But he's not too far behind.

time will tell.

Just like Donaire,.. the road for Broner will become increasingly more difficult as he fights in the weightclass he belongs in.

props and sympathies for Escobedo who is another casualty of war,.. a fine fighter who chose not rock the boat in exchange for a little more cash and the opportunity to give the fans a show,. went out on his shield tonight... I wish him well and a speedy return.

I thought Thurman was riveting,.. even though he dismantled a "C" class fighter he showed remarkable vision, taking advantages of a wide array of angles and opportunities from every unconventional and unorthodox angle imaginable. his corner was poised and always provided compentent instruction which Thurman dutifully implemented.

I'd take Thurman over Bradley by KO today.

Al Hamon is an invisible beast,... quitely growing an impressive stable of boxers like, Lopez, Garcia, Thurman, Broner, Mayweather and many more.

Folks talk about Top Rank and Golden Boy,... but Haymon may be the unlikely candidate to take over as the supreme boxing powerbroker once the smoke clears.

It's good to see new talent being developed, Boxing is not dead,.. what we saw last night is just the tip of the iceburg.

I'm sure HBO didn't appreciate the prefight Chaos..... HBO has or will undoubtedly make it clear to Broner that they'll not tolerate such dramatics in future fights. But they probably view the overall results as a success in terms as entertainment value.

The Cincinnatti fans seemed to have gotten their monies worth.

I'd like to see much more of Broner, the guy can fight and is very watchable,.. hope he doesn't become another Brandon Rios, or Juan Guzman as far as the weights concerned.

As much as I enjoyed watching Broner I think the real highlight was the emergence of Thurman. He may not have arrived yet,.. but he's already knocking on the door.

Shoulder Roll Defense says:

Ok, I agree that not making weight was very unprofessional by Broner. However, there was only a 5 pound advantage on fight night. Broner rehydrated to 147 and Escobedo to 142! If Escobedo had the skills, 5 pounds wouldn't have made a difference. I'm glad that Broner is finally moving up to the lightweight division because there is a lot more money to be made and I would love to see a Broner vs. Gamboa match. I predict that Broner will eventually rise to the top of the P4P charts if he doesn't self-destruct outside of the ring; thats my only fear about the young man. Inside the ring, his skill set is already P4P worthy (defense, speed, power, ring generalship, etc). I don't see anybody at lightweight or jr. welterweight beating this kid!

DaveB says:

We all know what Broner did was very unprofessional. I think he is trying to emulate Floyd by doing what he did to Marquez, he is reading the Floyd Mayweather handbook/groupie guide. I disagree with he only came in five pounds over on fight night. He had a huge advantage over this kid. Making weight is about sacraficing and sweating out and going through maybe a little bit or a lot of hell to get to the contracted weight. For one opponent to avoid that is a decidely unfair advantage. I don't blame Escobedo for taking the fight. I can understand why he prostituted himself for the payday. That is what was so interesting about Mayweather and Pacquaio's negoitations each fighter had enough money that they couldn't be bullied into an unfair disadvantage. This fellow needed the money. That is the sad reality. I would have done the same thing if I was in his shoes. HBO's main concern was that the fight went on. That is understandable but as Editor Mike said these networks have to reign this behavior of not making the contracted weight, especially when it it done with contempt he showed, right now. The penalty has to be very severe. If this kid hadn't taken the fight he would have left with nothing. I don't know which is worse agreeing to take an unfair fight or agreeing to not fight and going away with nothing for all your efforts. While I acknowledge Broner's skill I would be ashamed of him if I were his fan. He sends the wrong message and it is hard to defend.

MisterLee says:

Broner beating Escobedo is nothing closed to a bigger and experience Pacquiao and Floyd... esp. in this point of their careers. We'll see if broner can look brilliant agst the BEST in his fight categories... between 122 pple moving up and 130 or 135 pple catchweighting or on the weight limit. Yes he's good, but let's see if he can be great... agst another potentially great opponent: garcia, lopez, russell, gamboa, hasegawa, gonzalez...

Gamboa vs Broner would be an incredible fight I hope that fight happens real soon.

SouthPaul says:

I was very high on GAmboa. Sort of forgot he's even still around. Another cat missing the mark on the scales. Good match up though.

SouthPaul says:

Gamboa vs Broner, explosive! Good one. Someone mentioned Joan Guzman. Sort of forgot he's even still around. Another cat missing the mark on the scales but that too has the makings for explosives. The IED!

WOW! I'm always AMAZED -- NO, kinda DAZED -- how marginal fans and fanfaronades and groupies get all hyped up about a lot of NOTHING YET!

Broner is speedy, talented and explosive, but has no discipline or self-confidence. What is, thus, driving him is the thought of people telling him that he is remindful of Money May. But he is NO MONEY MAY -- not even quite a clone. [One can do the wrong thing and get the results for years. Money May has shown this. But one must also bullsh*t and duck opponents who would kick his arse. Money May has done this. Apparently Broner is not that smart. Especially if he goes after the people he named at lightweight and catchweight.]

Money May is a masterful con man. Broner is a masterful tin man trying to be like the con man, but sooner before later, a whup-a$$ muthasucka will show all the ___ ___ ____ and the boksing world that Broner is without a HEART! He oughta go ahead and holla at a shrink YESTERDAY. The sec that Broner steps in the ring with a "shoulder roll" solver, that will spell the BIG DEEP END.

I know that the Broner's groupies, fanboys and ___ ___ ____ didn't hear it, but a lot of people DID. Roy Jones Jr clearly said that "The shoulder roll has a [lot] of weaknesses." And since -- as Money May also doesn't -- Broner doesn't do the boxing old-school taught shoulder roll, aka Philly crab/shell correctly, his copying-off-of-Lil' Floyd-bootleg version is even more solvable.

A shift puncher is gonna put Broner totally outta business. Broner stands straight up, goes straight back, punches while being straight in front of the opponent and never does any of the Money May's tricks of the trade with that superbad Pops Joy May's bootlegged invention of the Philly crab/shell.

Feinting, jabbing, uppercutting and shift punching will easily EXPOSE Broner. Because, as I said above: Da sucka is ignorant to Money May's tricks of the trade with that PJM's invention. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

I believe I am one who can sort out the bullshit thrown my way; and I've done it with Broner and I can tell you without much hesitation the kid is possibly the next coming. It's there; he's got the all the tools. He ain't trying to be MAyweather as much as he's just selling and marketing himself. Don't let it distract you from acknowledging real talent. He got it. Even if he loses long as he gets back on the horse he be ok. A loss can be a positive thing. Anyhow, Broner gets it. It's working too cause he got us all fired up on this lovely Sunday afternoon talkin' em up. He kinda corny and silly and not as funny as may think but the kid has mad skills to work off. He got it, Radam. Mark my words...

SouthPaul says:

I actually roll my eyes at some of the antics these cats throw are way. The kneeling down and pretending to propose wasn't even funny. I think Max found it pretty stupid too, seemed a bit agitated. Still, I ain't mad. Designed to get under the skin... Keep us talking. Whatever. Someone mentioned Joan GUzman. Thats an interesting match up. Like to see it. 2 very skillful guys. I see a chess match with multiple explosions. Someone would be koyed. I use to be very high on GUzman but maybe to your point.. If you get too ahead of it all and start to not take it as serious as you should..you'll he left behind sort of how Guzman is these days. I really thought he'd be in a much higher fight bracket by now. Go figure. That's the fight game.

@SouthPaul, I'll do no less than to mark your words if it turns out that Broner is a REAL GREAT in da making and coming. As I said, he is speedy, talented and explosive. But just wait until he runs into a shoulder-roll arse thrasher and a lot of reality actuality.

I'm reminded of when I was a little fart. A whole lot of stink was coming out of Ohio about Michael Dokes, Tony Tubbs and Tony Tucker being "GOAT" Muhammad Ali like. YUP! THREE MUTHASUCKAS were supposed to be MUHAMMAD ALI SUPERBAD! NYET!

They got the media attention and that Broner is getting. But when push came to shove, the world saw that the donut-eating Ohio playaz -- I mean muthasuckas -- were not capable of wearing the GOAT Ali's jockstrap. Hehehe!

Broner loves his donuts and baby making. But he won't love getting solved and beat up when he steps up. I'll give you one year, and I'll gentleman bet that Broner will be off the boxing radio screen or somewhere over the rainbow -- I mean being a hobo. Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Lmao at the baby making comment. Yea, wow, 3 or 4 already? Yikes. I ain't trying to anoint him to Ali status just yet but thinking he got what it takes to be special if he can maintain his head. As for the shoulder roll arse thrasher... Who could that be? Ain't no one done it to Floyd yet?

The Good Doctor says:

As my pops used to say, he has "the raw". He is fast, has a decent punch, ok defense. However, I feel about Broner the way I do about Canelo; beat somebody before I buy stock in you. However Broner is susceptible to a few things:

1. Unlike Floyd in his shoulder roll, Broner does not move his head nor protect himself as well from left hands. He also needs to tuck that chin a little more.
2. Broner is a little wide with his punches. Someone with a straight left or good uppercut could eat his lunch.
3. I think someone above mentioned it earlier, he stands right in front of his opponent. I think this has as much to do with ego as it does training.

I wish the best for the guy as he does have some personality and gives people something to talk about. Hopefully he refines his craft and takes the talents he has and becomes a great fighter, not just a very talented guy who happens to box.

SouthPaul says:

That description you give reminds me more of Keith Thurman. He's solid but he needs a lot work. Swings wide...throws with his gloves open...squares up to his opponent.. Lacks hand speed, etc. The Floyd comparison is interesting. I'll take the stand in front of the opponent and the belief in ones power and ability to give it as good as you take it all day long over the 1 2 combo and peddle off on a bike ride style. That's what has me excited about this kid. Get him in with someone who can crack. Like to see him take a hard wicked shot. Truthfully, a JUdah fight might be it. Zab is still quick and throws a wicked uppercut. Always entertaining to watch. Give ZAb his last chance! Fun match up. As for stocks..I prefer buying 'em lowest price possible so I'd invest in the kid right now if I could.

dino da vinci says:

That description you give reminds me more of Keith Thurman. He's solid but he needs a lot work. Swings wide...throws with his gloves open...squares up to his opponent.. Lacks hand speed, etc. The Floyd comparison is interesting. I'll take the stand in front of the opponent and the belief in ones power and ability to give it as good as you take it all day long over the 1 2 combo and peddle off on a bike ride style. Take that nonsense to the triathlons. That's what has me excited about this kid. Get him in with someone who can crack. I'd to see him take a hard wicked shot. Truthfully, a JUdah fight might be it. Zab is still quick and throws a wicked uppercut. Always entertaining to watch. Give ZAb his last chance! Fun match up. As for stocks..I prefer buying 'em lowest price possible so I'd invest in the kid right now if I could.

It's overvalued now. I'd short it. Didn't this kid lose to Daniel Ponce De Leon? That's what everyone in the building told me.

@Good Doctor. Is that what passes for personality these days?

DaveB says:

One thing I noticed is that he leaves his mouth wide open ala Victor Ortiz. That could spell trouble. I saw he got popped a couple of times pretty good in the head. What happens when a good puncher tags him? Does he really move his upper body that well like Mayweather? It is going to be an exciting ride even if he does turn out to be a flash in the pan. Or not. Oh yeah, Mayweather will be freed after his dues paying time. He is not an innocent victim of the legal system. LOL

The Good Doctor says:

@Good Doctor. Is that what passes for personality these days?

Lol. I never said it was a good one. You can't call him dull though, like Chad Dawson for example.

SouthPaul says:

@Good Doctor. Is that what passes for personality these days?

Breaking news to me, wasn't aware of the De Leon situation? Details ??? Not surprising. The kid doesn't leave me with the feeling he'd very dominate as far as long term champs go. And I am ok with that. Not every one can be perfect. Perfection can also get boring. Perfectly efffff'ed up....now thats wasssssssssuppp! To answer your question from days ago...where is that room is located you'll be put up in... Lol... Bit of a gypsy I am so I run from Long Beach to Riverside to San Bernardino and every thing in between so you got choices. Lmao

Real Talk says:

Not impressed, if this is who boxing wants to past the torch to then it's a wrap. Broners fundementals are coming apart already and he hasn't done anything yet but got a KO off of Litzau who fought like an idiot. His chin is too high and his legs are too straight, he needs to tuck that and bend his knees. I got Broner getting STOPPed real soon, this dude isn't anywhere close to Floyd, doesn't have half the talent. He tries to hold his gaurd like Floyd and use his blueprint but forgot about hard work and dedication. This dud (spelled that way on purpose) get's in the ring with Gamboa, Rigo, Mares or Nonito his career is over. STAMP THAT!

SouthPaul says:

Donaire would get his *** stomped by Broner. No way Nonito holds off that speed and power...walked thru...walked on... Stopped no later than mid rounds. Stamp that, and boy oh boy hopefully some of these bouts we are discussing materialize. Slightly aroused now at the thought. Lol

SouthPaul says:

I wish I had the ability to rewind Broner and give him an introverted personality then reintroduce him as the same exact fighter. Be interesting to see what the difference in opinions would be from this same group of aficionados.

alhmiel says:

Broner at 22 with all those kids just typical ghetto hood lifestyle accepted in the ghetto but laughed at in Suburbia by the educated.

alhmiel says:

People wonder why boxing is declining and the fans are tuned off? Just look at Broner who is a disgrace in and out of the ring. Worst of Luck and a quick KO hopefully soon.

SouthPaul says:

James Holmes was an educated young man who grew up in the suburbs. Just some think before you speak food for thought...

dino da vinci says:

It's just that I always assumed that when people said 'guys got personality' it's implied it's a good one.

Over the years, I've honed a bit of a formula and some systems that have served me well in qualifying talent. Unfortunately, I can't make it work for any other sport. I'd imagine it would be applicable to MMA as well, only I don't know the sport. I also attribute this to the uniqueness of the sport, (what other sport let's you punch someone in the head? Not only do they allow it, it's encouraged!) as a business model, none are more unique, with a ton of moving parts, where most of the mechanism is unseen.

As applied to Broner, danger signals abound. If I only had one word I could use to sum up the Broner brand it would be: IMPLOSION.

Wow!!! 39 post about Broner for a minute I thought the article was about Mayweather this is just what Broner wanted. Everyone who has posted a negative comment about him will be watching his next fight i can pretty certain of that. The reason why Mayweather is because so many ppl dislike him and want him to get his *** whooa Boxing is a brutal sports so u make the most out of it while u can it's a business first fellas.

Think about it Broner gets more press then Andre Ward and Broner hasn't done nearly as much as Ward. Why? Now there are some fighters who have become huge stars without out all of the dancing and trash talking but everybody is different. Joe Louis, Mohammed Ali both were huge but went about it in different ways and that's great if they all did it the same it would be boring *** hell. Mayweather, Pac different just appreciate the talent.

dino da vinci says:

Wow!!! 39 post about Broner for a minute I thought the article was about Mayweather this is just what Broner wanted. Everyone who has posted a negative comment about him will be watching his next fight I am pretty certain of that. The reason why Mayweather is huge is because so many ppl dislike him and want to see him get his *** whoop. Boxing is a brutal sports so u better make the most out of it while u can it's a business first fellas.

@Ali. Well, don't we have to talk about something?

I pulled all the fighters names you posted in this last entry.

A) Broner
B) Floyd Mayweather, Jr
C) Andre Ward
D) Joe Louis
E) Muhammad Ali

Which one of the above does NOT belong in the group. Hint: Name rhymes with goner.

Attempts at humor aside, I do hope he becomes a star. At this moment, he hasn't registered a career defining win, but that's just a matter of time. But love him or hate him, great fighters are in short supply, so that is how we'll root.

alhmiel says:

Broner turns off the good fans who actually purchase the tickets and Cable events. Ghetto antics make me want to throw up.

Dino LMAO!!! I feel u but he ain't the only one Ward isn't there yet but looks like one day he might be.

@alhmiel he's from the ghetto the fake proposal was funny he reminds me a Chad Johnson he's just having a good time loosen up alhmiel.

Thanks for this post.

Thanks alot for this post

Matthew says:

When it comes to pre-fight weigh-in unprofessionalism, Broner is just following the example set by his hero, Mayweather. And yet, this is just the latest in a growing trend of fighters who are over the contracted weight and don't even try to get down. Brandon Rios had the same thing happen to him recently. This is the problem when you have guys who are undisciplined about what they eat and only fight twice a year. You never saw Alexis Arguello or Roberto Duran skirt the rules and not make weight (even though Duran's weight struggles were legendary). Unfortunately, the power and influence of Al Haymon have this kid believing the rules don't apply to him, and that he can skirt them without consequence. Maybe this kid is the next big thing, and maybe he isn't (I tend to think the latter). The fact is, he's only 22 and we just don't know yet. So far, I think he's a decent imitation of Floyd, but not as talented. By the way, the fact that he already has four illegitimate children by the age of 22 is disturbing.

No sport reveals and exposes a person like boksing. If Broner is the real deal, we will know in about a year. His antics and mouth will earn him a fight with a real dawg, and then we will see if the kid has a bit of bite or just a lot of bow wow!

This kid is no where near like GOAT Ali, SCLA Ali. You need to get your facts together. The GOAT Ali combed his own hair. He never humilated his pops or any one of his babies' mommas by calling them over to comb his hair.

Broner can definitely get down and dirty with the pugilism, but he is immature, mudholed and a jeck with the personality! And he is free to do that. But I predict that somewhere down the line a whupa$$ will show that he has no heart. SURE! Right now, Broner can play the part, because the muthasucka hasn't fought anyone that's hard. [He is just like that black Russian that you muthasuckas were bragging on. And you know what happened to him -- HE GOT EXPOSED AND REVEALED.] Holla!

Let me make one thing clear I do not think Broner is/or will ever be better then Floyd. Radam i never said he was like Ali but i won't wasn't anytime on explaining it to u._

Okay, SCLA Ali, I guess that I misread your second post about the Mayweather/GOAT Ali part. I apologize, but I cannot make out what you post sometimes. Holla!

dino da vinci says:

'cause they're in English, Radam?

Look at you apologizing. Showing off the classy side of Radam.

Danggit! Too bad that I have a heart. My momma didn't like the tin man. She was not gonna be oiling his arse everytime that it rained. Hehehehehe! Holla!

Radam do me a favor and don't read of my post fam I won't loose any sleep over it. Another thing why do you always have to say something negative about the sh*t I post do u hate your self so much that u have to try and degrade me every chance you get. SMH!!!!!

Firstly, SCLA Ali! No can DO, BABEEEE! I'm gonna keep trying to decipher your sh*t and keep reading it.

Secondly! I don't "always have to say something negative about the sh*t [that you] post."

Thirdly! You MUST BE CRAZEEEE, DUDE! I don't hate myself. [I luv me some Radam G, BABEEEE!] Everytime I look in the mirror, cupids start shooting at my reflection and themselves, so that they will be more in luv wif diz SUPER G CAT! Hehehe!

Did I ever tell you about the time that I was rolling up on 39th and Middleton, but had to turn away because on the babes and hos were looking at a Pinoy like they were going to get on the nasty with him? Hehehehe!

And I will never "degrade" you or any single creature. I don't roll that way. But By The Grace Of God, there go I. I'm UP with the UPGRADING. The "degrade" syet is fo' da faders, fakers, clones, agitators, busters, fibbers, vaporers, etc., etc.

Man, I'm a champ, not a tramp! And biting on TSSU Reader Real Talk: "On that, you can put a STAMP." Holla!

SouthPaul says:

So Broner's prank of marriage proposal is now making it into mainstream new wires. Have seen it a variety of places that rarely cover anything boxing related. Love or hate 'em----- sort of brilliant. No news is bad new specially in this grimy business. Lmao

Rip George Jefferson!

Rip George Jefferson!

Sherman has moved on up.

I hope they put on another show in Da' Natti', we are staving for boxing down here in the cornfields....

I'd love to show up wearing a $50.00 "Free Money May" T Shirt and would give less than a damn to anybody who doesn't like it.

I remember Broner in some of his previous outings, they haven't all been that entertaining, as he's been recently.

particularly his sleep inducing win over the War Torn Ponce De Leone.

After that fight Broner was given what employers call..... "a verbal", ......"either produce some in ring action and excitement or the hype train stops here".

Broner has responded with 3 eye catching KO's.

Broner is a pure exhibitionist,.. a perfectionist,... he cannot bear knowing he didn't impress viewers with his performance.

Guys like that have a need to show off and if you criticize them the wrong way they shut down.... and lash out in counter productive ways.

But I guarantee you Broner is enough of an exhibitionist to do anything necessary to insure his continued claim to fame.

Broner has justifiably incurred the scorn, wrath and enmity of hardcore fans all over the net.
he's been preclassified as unworthy to watch... and labeled "a very bad person". and to make matter worse ,.. he's linked with another "bad person" (yes.... the notorious Floyd Mayweather Jr) and every keyboard tapper outside the state of OHIO is lusting to see his crushing defeat....

Not gonna happen anytime soon,... Broner is a product of a popcorn generation. Young fans and a few Old timers will eat his pretty boy antics up like Chocolate covered Jack ***, ....Diamond encrusted Jersey Shore and gold plated Mafia wives. and every other worthless,.. ignorant time wasting prime time phenomenom being recorded off cable....

So what?

This younger generation consumes and basically represents everything an older guy like me hates and dispises.

Broners crime is being young... and undisciplined.... and he's guilty a thousand times over.
Everyone can't be as polished and well rounded as Andre Ward,.. who was mentored to be a social, mental and spiritual marvel.

Broner's immaturity screams out louder than his multicolored socks.

his insecurity is betrayed by an armored facade of aloof arrogance.

and his youth is betrayed by bad judgement, goofy pranks. and a father who follows him around with a hair brush.

But even though he's been judged,..and convicted of being young, and youthful with exhibitionist tendancies,..

his drive for greatness has already forced him back into the gym... less than 2 days after his last fight.....

Whereever the next fight is.....or whomever it's with,.... count me in...
because I just love watching fast handed counterpunchers win in style....

beats watching a fighter like WK beat another fat overweight 39year old cruiserweight. (and yes I did watch those worthless fights with Mormeck and Thompson)

It beats watching Alvarez fighting another Junior welterweight. (call me when he faces Lara)

Or watching Chavez get away with skipping another urine test. (Martinez ain't gonna let you get away with any cheatin son)

Im not burdened with trying to fix a fighters character...

fighters ........who are for the most part a verifiably disfunctional group of the population anyway..... and neither am I concerned with seeing anyone(even the boxers I don't care to watch.... meet some kind of Karmatic Catastrophic blow thru some Unstoppably Cursed Fate... (I'll leave that one up to the haters)....keep on chanting....

I just want to see these young guys fight.... I want to see talent meet talent... in the ring before they get old.

Don't care about their speech, their music, their cloths, their idols, or their maritial status,.. or their social alliances...... just want to see em' fight.

And Broners going to be a very interesting one to watch. Dispite his obvious flaws. He'll get his act together,.. because he's wired to perform.

dino da vinci says:

Sugar well on his way to second crown.

Gamboa=Kryptonite.

The Andre Ward reference was amazing. Andre has class, character, attractive resume...all the things young Mr. Broner doesn't have. And people, stop comparing him to Floyd. There are planets in our Solar System that are closer to each other by comparison.

@Dino.....just venting my frustration of having to miss Tuesday night poetry because of having to make up time on the day job...sucks.

Got a new idea for a new poem about Ohio boxers.... gonna call it .....
"Children of the Corn"...

DaveB says:

He does create buzz, no doubt about that. I just wish in the future he will call out fighters where the matches can actually get made. He would probably pee his pants and HBO would too if Golden Boy and Top Rank actually came to terms to make the Rios or Marquez fights happen. I bet he would backpedal like a mother.

LOL....HA HA Ha!!! You Wish.... If this was proposed just one year ago I would agree with you. Marquez would a killed Brother one year ago. Today he'd be a made to order stepping stone. Even Pac would knock him out JM if they fight again. ( unless he's the Mexican version of Bernard Hopkins ) I'd love to see it.

DaveB says:

Interesting observation. I know you are big on Broner but why are you so down on Marquez? He had his last fight, at least to my knowledge, which was a good one. He was supposed to get knocked out and instead gave Pac fits but now you say he is going to get knocked out not only by Broner but Pacquaio too. Who peed in your Cheerios? LOL Man, please make sure you never miss poetry night again. LMBO

dino da vinci says:

I can't believe we're still talking about this guy!

Sug, you miss poetry night again, DaveB & me will be on call to recite Longfellow and Frost to you.
Wait, what's this? I feel a poem comin' on...

Marquez with a left, Marquez with a right
And there goes Broner, outasight
Now the referee is wearing a frown
'cause he can't start counting 'til Broner comes down

Who would of thought
That when they came to see this fight
That they'd be watching the launching
Of a black satellite*

*Courtesy of The Greatest of All Time, Muhammad Ali (I think we're covered by the satire clause, or at least that's the way I'm rooting)