Sergio Says He Will Knock Chavez' Teeth Out

BY The Sweet Science ON July 17, 2012

Chavez Jr Martinez LA PC 120710 002aCHÁVEZ JR. and MARTINEZ CONCLUDEINT’L MEDIA TOUR IN MÉXICO CITY WITH FINAL VERBAL BLASTS!

MÉXICO CITY (July 17, 2012) – Undefeated World Boxing Council (WBC) middleweight champion and Son of the Legend, JULIO CÉSAR CHÁVEZ, JR. (46-0-1, 32 KOS), of Culiacán, México, and two-division world champion with the matinee idol looks, SERGIO MARTINEZ (49-2-2, 28 KOs), of Quilmes, Buenos Aires, Argentina, may have been promoting their upcoming Méxican Independence Day World Middleweight Championship clash but it sounded more like they were preparing for a head-on collision! Chávez Jr. and Martinez concluded their four-city, two-nation media tour today, in México City, with each combatant verbally spitting in each other’s eye, predicting a decisive victory and emerging as the rightful Middleweight Champion of the World.

JULIO CÉSAR CHÁVEZ, JR.:

"I want to prove that I am the best middleweight in the world and I will beat Sergio Martinez on September 15 to prove it. It will be a great night of boxing, a great night for boxing, and a great night of celebration for México as we will celebrate Independence Day and my great victory. This is a real fight between the two best middleweights in the world and one that history will remember for a long time"

SERGIO MARTINEZ:

"There is no way Chávez Jr. can beat me. I will knock him out inside seven rounds. I gave his father a baby bottle today so he can take it to his baby after I give Junior a real beating. He won’t be eating solid food with the few teeth remaining after I get through with him."

Chávez Jr. vs. Martinez will take place Saturday, September 15, at the Thomas & Mack Center, on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. It will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View®, beginning at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT.

Promoted by Top Rank, Zanfer Promotions and DiBella Entertainment, in association with Wynn Las Vegas, AT&T and Tecate, remaining tickets, priced at $600, $400, $200, $100, $75, $50 and $25, can be purchased at the Thomas & Mack Center box office and Town Square Las Vegas Concierge. Tickets can also be purchased online at www.unlvtickets.com. To charge by telephone call (702) 739-FANS.

Sergio Martinez is doing a wonderful job hyping his last famous words. SOAL JCCJ is going to do some serious damage to the hyped-up long-da-tooth cat, who claim to fame is beating up a hyped-up marshmallow and a drunk. Holla!

deepwater says:

That's not the Sergio I know. Wow he sounds like a bully and he brings that Lil girl to his fights to take a stand against bullying. Keep your emotion in check or you might get khane

It will be hard to knock Jr's teeth out what with the mouthpiece and all. Then Serg will have to knock that silver spoon out the kid's mouth.

Toto Llagas says:

Chavez Jr. is to much for Sergio Martinez, I think the other way around will happen contrary to his daring speculations. Jr. has a very strong chin, besides, he has improved a lot on his footwork and volume of power punches thrown in every round. Sorry Sergs for my prediction... you will not last 6 rounds and that's probably the end of your boxing career.

SouthPaul says:

I don't see what Martinez is doing as bullying. The Chavez' kicked off the trash with all their Mexican machismo nonsense so Sergio just reacting to that. Genuine dislike here but he also selling. I ain't mad. Not that Martinez is some all time great himself but JR is an overhyped pretender. Martinez got plenty enough to deal with it. My early prediction is Martinez in 10 rounds or less.

deepwater says:

I don't see what Martinez is doing as bullying. The Chavez' kicked off the trash with all their Mexican machismo nonsense so Sergio just reacting to that. Genuine dislike here but he also selling. I ain't mad. Not that Martinez is some all time great himself but JR is an overhyped pretender who has benefited from some good ol' nepotism. I ain't made at that either. A father works hard to make life easier on his son. Great, but Martinez got plenty enough to deal with it. My early prediction is Martinez in 10 rounds or less.

I never heard sergio talk that way before. its kind of outta charaacter for him but I understand the head games and such. I would like to pick sergio as the winner and if the fight was in nyc around december I would put the $ on sergio. I can not bet against the son of a mexican legend on mexican independence day.I expect a good fight

Hehehehehe! OMFG! Leave it to the Roast to come up with the two-line comedy shot of the year, after coming up with a one-liner against the another son -- Cory Sprinks -- of a legend. Hahahaha!

I'm gonna have to file a lawsuit against the Roast for causing me to crack my ribs by laughing at his quickdraw, slick-shooting comedy. Holla!

i believe martinez is on fire, the dude is mad, he was stripped and chavez has his belt, which sergio feels personally disrespected.

sergio has been in the game for a long time and when he has finally made his mark he once again gets put on the back burner...

chavez jr is tough, he has definitely improved, but sergio will start out fast and end this

one fast, no boxing and moving to fight ten rounds, he will get chavez out of there in

5 rounds with a referee stoppage. i believe jr will will blazed and stunned and sergio

will follow up with 20 punches with the ref stopping it...

radam, dont think sergio is gonna move back for ten rounds and allow a 185 lber to lay

on him and wear him down..

sergio goes for the kill early and gets it.

deepwater says:

will follow up with 20 punches with the ref stopping it...

on him and wear him down..

sergio goes for the kill early and gets it.

I agree with that. Thats the only way sergio wins. he can not go backwards and win a decision even if lands more blows.

"B" says:

"Chavez may think the sun rises with him in Culiacan (Mexico) but on Sept. 15 he's going to find out that it's going to set on him in Las Vegas."
--Sergio Martinez--

I am not sure who is going to win, but this is grade-A trash talking If I do say so myself. I could see the fight going one of two ways. If Sergio wins it will be a one punch KO or early stoppage or he cuts Chavez up on the way to a late stoppage. I just know that Sergio is going to be Loading up and planting his feet to deliver full power on his shots especially when there is some distance between them ( after clinches and exchanges) because Chavez does not defend at all because he feels he cant be hurt, chich is dangerous for any fighter. Chavez better be careful of this because he seems to be an ok fighter with really good pressure skills but in my Opinion Chavez's best attribute is that he has outgrown the division size wise. He is just still young enough to make the weight and not be completely flat( he is a huge middleweight on fight night in case you guys have not been watching) He really does not have refined technique or great athletisism but the guy fights like a d*** mummy he just walks through shots and keeps coming, squared up and all. Now on the other hand Chavez could win if he can make it so he stalks and not chases Sergio around the ring. If he can handle Sergio's awkward style and excellent lateral movement he could very well rough Sergio up on even stop him. But he has to move his head and keep his hands up when he walks in because Sergio has amazing hand speed and he is very smart. he could walk into a shot that he does not even see. Sergio is tough because if you look at him from an untrained eye he can look like an amateur at times. But trust me, he knows the game and he studies apponents well. He is unlike any fighter by far. I just hope it is a great fight. It does not mean much for middleweight division in my eyes because I think Chavez will be forced to move up very soon( he was probably about 175-185 his last few fights). This is a great matchup though. Tell me what you think tss nation

Sergio just wants to preserve the fear that's been congealing tightly aound the hearts of Jr, dad and Arum since Suliaman helped them surreptitiously absconce with Sergios belt like the glory hungry vipers they are..... Redemption, justice, and the natural order of the predatory hierarchy of boxing will be on display as Sergio surges forth to reclaims his throne in the most sadistic, ruthless and undeniable fashion allowed by municipal law.

Even now Jr can hear the demons of his demise echoing fateful whispers through the vacant corners of his subconscious mind " you don't belong here".

I predict the fight won't even get made. New excuses will be forged about Jr's inability to make weight and the subsequent health issues that entails. .......Suliaman will use his David Copperfield-powers to miraculously create another title at 168 for Jr and Youngstown's bad boy/misfit Kelly Pavlik to fight over.....Froch....Ward, Kessler and Quillin will never ever get a shot.
If Sergio and Chavez do fight....junior will be out of his leaque . If I'm wrong MrLee can serve me 3 square meals of Crow on a rectangular penitentiary tray.

--Sergio Martinez--

Very nice "B". Sergio is long distance bike rider not a sprinter like Andy Lee.

Make that a dirty tray.

dino da vinci says:

--Sergio Martinez--

"B". Remember a year ago when Sergio was clamoring for this fight and everybody on chat boards was saying, "Yeah, yeah..." But calmer heads here said to give the kid a year to season before that fight is made. Now the question you have to ask yourself is, has he closed enough ground to find a way to win?

"B" says:

@_ Dino da Vinci. I am really not sure man. Sergio has been in there with really tough competition. Chavez has never shown me anything besides the fact that hes a huge middleweight. And he has nevrr been hurt and he probably has no idea what to do with adversity since he has never had to deal with any. Chavez to me is like a bully....and we no what happens to bullies

SouthPaul says:

Chavez closed some ground.. He's showing a learning curb... He's making effort but he's still protected/sheltered. No offense to Andy Lee..but that dude isn't anything special so let's not be too impressed with that win. I mean, it's impressive, he's not a complete slouch.. but it's Andy Lee. He never looked sturdy on his feet. Dude was fragile coming in. His foundation and frame was already weak, made to order for the promotional darling. Sergio gonna show the SHAAaaaaaayyyyyyyvez' summin' different. JR bout to be put to sleep! Never been more positive in my life! Lmao

dino da vinci says:

@Brown Sugar, "B", SouthPaul. Monday I'm going main page to cover this topic. I think 'youse guys' will get a kick out of it. And SP, thanks for the offer. So I know, what city will I be crashing in?

can't wait bring it on Dino

my opinion is simply that ,... an opinion, if you bet the house and lose everything based on someone you never knew then you reap the rewards, I am in no way liable....... I maintain that this is one stangers opinion in the midst of a multimillion multiverse. My advise would be to think for yourselves and be responsible for the subsequent consequences... be they positive or negative.