Rosinsky: "Robbery is the Only Way Pavlik Beats Me!"

BY Michael Woods ON July 06, 2012

Pavlik Rosinsky  media day 120703 003aWill Rosinsky (pictured) and Kelly Pavlik both made weight, at 168.2, ahead of their Saturday showdown, on HBO. (Chris Farina-Top Rank)

Will Rosinsky is smelling upset. He's feeling it, in every bone in his body, every morsel of cartilage, every sinew of tendon.

Now, the guy is a realist, so his belief that he can and will pull off the Josesito is meaningful. I mean, he's an emergency medical technician when he's not boxing; he carts kids riddled with bullet holes to hospitals, where they don't make it, on his route, which is East New York, a throwback to the "old" New York City before NYC become more of a playground for the rich, and Disney East.

He knows there are no guarantees in life. This is not a guy prone to illogical optimism, OK? Maybe we should listen, hard, and let it seep in, that Will Rosinsky says he will beat Kelly Pavlik on Saturday.

He thinks Kelly Pavlik is ripe to get picked off, is not the same athlete he was at super middleweight as he was at middleweight, that he's been under mental duress the last few years, with personal problems and uncertainty if he wants to do the boxing thing draining him. Rosinsky thinks that on Saturday night, on HBO, a kid unknown outside of NYC will become a trending topic in boxing.

"I plan to put on a show and plan to win as dominant a decision or stoppage, if it comes, as has ever been put on Pavlik," the 27 year-old part-time fighter, who has an 16-1 record, told me. "That said, this year has been plagued with BS decisions, from Abril-Rios, to Williams-Lara to Pacquiao-Bradley, so all I ask is that I get a fair shake."

Rosinsky, who lives in the borough of Queens, is still a tad gunshy from what went down on Oct. 21, 2011, when he met Edwin Rodriguez, and lost a UD10, via 100-90, times three. He believes for sure, as did many at ringside, that he deserved more judge love than that at Foxwoods in Connecticut.

"When I win in the ring," he said, emphasizing the WHEN, "I pray to the boxing Gods I win on the cards as well. Honestly, a robbery is the only way Kelly beats me. I trained too hard to lose!"

His promoter, Lou DiBella, thinks his guys has a rock-solid chance at screwing up the Pavlik (39-2) comeback train. "Will is the underdog , an unknown commodity, but he was a great amateur," he said. "He's a high volume puncher, and think he was right there with Edwin Rodriguez, and I think Edwin would beat Kelly right now. He's one of the more live underdogs you will see. I think Pavlik will be hell the first three or four rounds, and Will will have to be careful. But if he can get to the later rounds, Kelly tends to fade lately. Will is a young lion, a hungry lion, with an opportunity at the right moment."

deepwater says:

hey will power I hope you do it. nyc beats ohio most days, and kelly will nevr be the same after old hopkins schooled him. your best bet will is to send a bottle of jack over to kelly after the weigh in. he will be thirsty enough to drink anything so once that sweet jack hits his lips watch out lamp posts out there. Rooting for will but my wallet says the the kelly still can handle will. if i lost money on this i wouldnt be too upset.

deepwater says:

who wrote this article? is every guy going to be compared with lopez now? will power will have a nice story to tell the kids at his gym class after this fight. he fought the ex champ and hung in there for a bit.

WOW! Are a lot of nowadays active pugilists stuck on DUMB? When Antonio "Expressed Train, aka Tijuana Tornado" Margarito said that he is "willing to Die in the ring," that phrase became the go-to smack for one too many fighters.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr started using it. Lamont Peterson, with steroid pellets all up in the doo doo inside his nasty a$$ started using it. Jailhoused silly "Lil Floyd" started using it before he hook 'em with Miguel Cotto. And bad-footed, scary-arse, pin-sized cojones Bambi - I mean Bradley -- started using it before he got the xenophobic gift decision of a lifetime against Da Manny.

Now every tomato-can pugilists are going crazy for the latest-catch jive -- fighting in the mode of "Joselito," and smelling a darn "UPSET in the air! These muthasuckas are smelling their top lips and bad breath up on their ugly mugs. Just __ __ _ with some state-of-the-hygiene mouthwash, floss and STFU!

And will somebody KNOCK Tim "Boxing Tom" Bradley da double fudge OUT! Now this ____ is pulling that "Lil Floyd['s]" bullsh*tology: "Thirty has tried and 30 has failed." YUP!

Bradley is the favorite of people like Daune Ford in dark societies, who hate "foreigners making American BIG money." And Bradley is also the favorite of gays, like C J Roth, who are mentally messed up and believe that Da Manny said that "gays are an abomination, and should be put to death." He never said such silly syet.

What will it be NEXT in "the threatre of the expected[?]"

"Pull the temple down like Samson," and kill joyseekers watching your dumba$$ smelling an upset in the air. I smell some ___ _____ ___ of Delilah! Hehehe! Holla!

deepwater says:
hey will power I hope you do it. nyc beats ohio most days

Hey Deep,.. NY may have a much larger pool of boxers

But down here in the cornfields. We have quality. yesssir....

My recent ex was from NY,... said the same thing LOL.

But after watching Rosinsky fight Edwin Rodriguez to a standstill.
a Fight that could have gone either way. Untill the judges voted unanimously for Rodriquez 100-90 in a horrible robbery that makes the Bradley-Pac fight pale by comparison....
Have to say the fiesty Rosinsky is gonna have Pavlik fighting for his very Career.

This is gonna be a much closer fight than I imagined.

unless Rosinsky can't handle Pavliks power, (and he maybe able after watching him eat uppercut after uppercut from Rodriguez)
I got this on pegged as being closer to a Pick-em' fight,... Few fans know Rosinsky outside of his state... but I bet they'll remember who he is after the Pavlik fight.

I have no idea who Rosinsky is but I suspect Pavlik's people would not put the Ghost in with anyone with half a chance to win with future money on the line.

deepwater says:

deepwater says:
hey will power I hope you do it. nyc beats ohio most days

Hey Deep,.. NY may have a much larger pool of boxers

But down here in the cornfields. We have quality. yesssir....

My recent ex was from NY,... said the same thing LOL.

But after watching Rosinsky fight Edwin Rodriguez to a standstill.

This is gonna be a much closer fight than I imagined.

yeah man you got some good guys out there, the ohio state fair is a great tourny

Hehehehehe! Deepwater is matching the Roast with funny, witty quickies. Yup! I reminded when Kid Radam whup some serious arses there in the Ohio Fair National Boxing Tournament back in da day. Holla!

Only serious fans, former amateurs (real fighters) or the seriously informed know about the Ohio State Fair tourney and it's significance..

It used to be one of the true institutions of amateur boxing, grueling and not for the faint of heart. Props to anyone who competed there

TY 2 the Roast. All we (real fighters) appreciate da luv. Holla!