The Perfect Sacrificial Lamb: Why the Robbery of Pacquiao Was Necessary to Save Boxing

BY The Sweet Science ON June 28, 2012

PacquiaoBradley Hogan 17Regulated by the “Law of Moses,” and enforced by an oversight commission of high priests, the consequence for sin in the Old Testament era was death. Luckily, God provided a way for man to save himself through the substitution of another’s blood - usually a lamb. A direct relationship between sin and atonement was spelled out - the graver the sin committed, the purer the sacrificial lamb needed. In the New Testament, amongst Judaic-Christian circles, Jesus Christ is regarded as “the perfect sacrificial lamb”. So perfect, His life alone would serve as atonement for the entire world, thereby effectively ending the practice of the daily sacrificing of lambs. To this day, the spilling of Christ’s blood on the cross covers the sins of mankind until the end of eternity. If only boxing could have the perfect sacrificial lamb - a lamb that could atone for the sins of every blown decision for the last 150 years, and provide guidance, teaching and consequences to ensure a fair and just future. If Boxing ran parallel to the scriptures, its Bible would have prophesied June 9, 2012 - the day the perfect sacrificial lamb would be offered in the square altar, in order to redeem and save the world of boxing.

For decades, promoters, athletic commissions, fighters and their supporting teams, have recklessly roamed the landscape of boxing, often straddling the fence on both rules and ethics. And why wouldn’t they? There are no consequences for their actions. The sport of boxing grows more corrupt by the day because there is no single entity ensuring fair play.

The buck stops nowhere.

Few prosper.

Consumers suffer.

If ever there was a time for a redeemer, the time is now...

Oh come, oh come, Emmanuel.

2000 years after the birth of mankind’s sacrificial Lamb, Jesus Christ, a new saviour was born, Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao is the perfect sacrificial lamb. Born into a manger of less than meager conditions, he dropped out of school in order to prize fight in an attempt to feed his family. His star beckoned bright, summoning the attention of the Three Kings of boxing - trainer Freddie Roach, promoter Bob Arum, and the unwavering love, support and adoration of the entire boxing world. Even with 4 defeats and 2 draws, boxing fans and onlookers world-over see him without blemish, perhaps not even so much for his countless miracles in the squared altar, but rather the grace, compassion, sportsmanship, public service, benevolence and approachability he exudes on a daily basis. It is close to impossible to find one person in this galaxy, let alone in boxing, that doesn’t appreciate everything the man stands for. As if his stock as the People’s Champion couldn’t rise any higher, he recently recommitted himself to his faith in God and swore his fidelity to his wife, while pledging to live the rest of his life according to his manual on life spelled out in the Holy Bible. Because of his proven miracles in the ring, and more importantly the unconditional loyalty of his admirers, to cross this man in anyway would surely create a seismic storm and bring on a paradigm shift in the world of boxing as we know it.

On June 12, 2012, in the arid desert of Las Vegas, NV, a man recognized as “The Desert Storm” went the distance with boxing’s unblemished lamb. The judges weighed in. And to the uproar of the world, slayed Manny Pacquiao in front of millions of witnesses. The Desert Storm didn’t have one second to bask in glory as the first wave of a seismic storm had already struck in the form of a tsunamic wave - “BOOOOOOOO”. With each passing second, aided by social media outlets like Twitter and YouTube, the storm grew exponentially larger. By the ensuing morning, the storm had reached its peak strength, spilling over into morning radio, television, newspapers, and flooded sports writers’ blogs and Twitter feeds with non-stop chatter of the slaughter. As a result, U.S. Senatorial boxing heralds, John McCain and Harry Reid, have responded in tow and are asking President Barack Obama to establish the United States Boxing Commission (USBC) by signing the Professional Boxing Amendments Act of 2012 after it has passed through both House and Senate.

But this isn’t the first time legislature has attempted to intervene and save boxing on the coattails of a horrible decision and a sacrificial lamb. So why should anyone have faith now that the bill will finally find its way onto the president’s desk?

Oh come, oh come, Emmanuel.

The graver the sin, the purer the lamb.

Manny Pacquiao is no ordinary lamb - as were those sacrificed before him. He is the antithesis to the bravado and self-aggrandizement that champions of the sweet science have come to be associated with. He is, in the eyes of the boxing world, without blemish. No other sacrifice, but Manny Pacquiao, would be sufficient. His sacrifice at the altar was not only necessary to save boxing, but without substitution. Only his slaughtering alone at the judges’ hands could garner enough energy to stir the world to action and demand intervention from the leader of the free world.

Boxing’s perfect sacrificial lamb was slaughtered. But not in the glory and honor deserved the hero of fan. Any death contrary to one of a Samurai’s last breath would not be tolerated, nor forgiven, by the people. But yet, it happened. The perfect sacrificial lamb was sacrificed, perhaps for coin, by the 3 judges de Judas. Betraying him with a kiss and two points. He was sacrificed in an act of treason. His buyer - The CCTBDGOLAB - The Capitalistic Corporation of Treachery, Back Dealings, Greed, and an Overall Lack of Accountability in Boxing.

The sweet went sour and the science went theatre.

He was 33 years old. The time honored age for an accomplished man of faith and integrity to carry out his final act of unselfish mercy for the good of the world. The unblemished lamb, unbeknownst to him, was offered as a perfect sacrifice so that future box flocks may live in confidence, reinvigorated spirits and hold hope for the future. His sacrifice alone, shall serve as the blown decision heard ‘round the world. Just as an act of war demands the immediate response of an angry nation, so too does the sacrifice of Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand. The people want blood. And the only plausible reparation would be for Congress to establish the United States Boxing Commission.

Therefore, be encouraged, faithful followers of Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao and boxing alike, for his sacrifice at the MGM Grand altar shall not go in vain. Alas, his final act of greatness is behind us. The seismic storm that followed the sacrifice in the squared altar has given rise to new life. Therefore, if any fan is in the new era of the USBC, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! Dry your eye, pick up your mat, walk and cheer once again. The perfect sacrificial lamb of boxing is alive! And he will once again don his belts, but this time, under a new, fair, and just, world order.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @SeisGGonzalez or email me at SeisGGonzalez@gmail.com.

WOW! And a lot of these cyberspace instigators, haters, fanfaronades, faders, buster, fakers and ___ ____ _____ hate what I post. Danggit! They would be asking for my head by now if I would have scribble something similar to the above.

I'm gonna chillax for a bit before I comment on this copy with my O-P-P. Yall know ME! Hehehehe! Holla!

BTW, the on-the-fringe nutcases will believe that I secretly wrote "The Perfect Sacrificial Lamb:..." And that Da BobFather crooked it in and gave TSS so mean pay. WOW! What xenophobes and ethnocentric ___ ___ ___ and those with a taste of the "Ugly American" running through their grills and souls won't believe. Holla!

deepwater says:

holy moses batman this website is turning into a cartoon. i dont even know where to begin ripping this nonsense apart. to be honest I am more disappointed then angry. I cant even bother with this nonsense opinion.

Dave Kajay says:

Double wow! No make it a triple. Funny how Radam G.is the first responder because he was my first suspect after reading this most creative gem. "could the Radman have written this or did a real Seis G. Gonzalez beat him to it?" I questioned amidst the explosive Biblical thunder of this article's righteousness. If he did he would get a Wayne's World " I'm not worthy" bow from me. But as the thunder quiets the laws of rationality and probability return me to my senses and I conclude that there is a real Seis G. Gonzales and it is not Radam of the many tongues that authored this heavy weight candidate for article of the year. But then again we are talking boxing where rationality, probability and laws don't carry much weight.Well, just to be on the safe side: Congratulations to Seis G. and Radam G. Dave Kajay

SouthPaul says:

I sped read thru this all about get a reaction article but one thing caught my attention was the mention of Manny getting into the sport to feed his family. I was just telling a friend yesterday it was less than a decade ago this guy was just another broke as a joke average lumpia in the Philippines but now holds the biggest boxing lottery ticket of all time. What led into the conversation was Randal Bailey. This friend texted me the night of Bailey's upset and was clownin' him over being so emotional so I tried explaining to them why. Randal now has a potential $500,000 payday on the line. He essentially won the lotto that night.. is what I explained to this casual fan who had no idea who Bailey was. Anyow, there's talk of Cotto vs Mayweather 2 for Dec. All involved ... Arum, Manny, Floyd, Al Haymon, GPB's have really orchestrated one hell of a payday for all involved. In the mean time they just keep cleaning all the other chips off the table . Annoying at times but genius nevertheless.

SouthPaul says:

What the boxing brethren need to is get their creative and hustling juices flowing. Find a way to cash in on the madness with these evil geniuses. Me, I am thinkin' of having the mother of all boxing parties where I charge muthasuckas' $50.00 a head. That includes of buffet of Filipino food (Radam, hook a boxing homey up with a adolbo recipe!) and El Pollo Loco (Commissary Floyd's favorite eat????).

BTW

BYOB, nuggas'!

C'mon! Bring it ON, posters! Let me see what you GOT! That was good, Dave Kajay and SouthPaul.

Anyway, just so you will be in da know. Da Manny is the People's CHAMPION. And all the high priests in the Holy City of Jerusalem are going to lay some serious luv on TPC. And he's going to ask them to pray for the most-hated world-title-belter hold of all times, Tim Bradley, who's gettin' plenty of hate and threats.

C'mon, PEOPLE, CHILLAX! TB wasn't a judge. Let him have his glory of being an Unforgiveable champion by crooks.

WOW! Unforgiveable Blackness" baldheaded Jack Johnson was hated in the USA by about seven-million people in 1910. And WOW! WOW! TB is hated by almost the whole seven-billion people on the planet earth in 2012. WTF! TB and his fam are going to Hawaii for vacation. Danggit! And in the U.S. Pacific paradise, TB and his fam will find little love. Shame! Shame! Shame! Or is that D@MN, D@MN, D@AMN? Hehehehe!

I wouldn't want to be in Bradley's shoes. Those muthadogs are too BIG, anyway! A 100 old ladies and her kids could fit in TB's shoe. Hahaha!

What was Goliath's head and shoe sizes? Maybe that muthaloser, with a peddle taking him, is the one-thousandth-degree grandpops of TB. That would explains those big, ole feet and that cranium. (giggle, giggle) Holla!

SouthPaul says:

Radam, you've let the cat out of the bag... Is obvious you have a foot fetish. Lmao.

SouthPaul says:

Think about how big those feet are... Bigger than your dubs, Radam. Even if you ballin' and glidin' on 26's... He still got you beat in foot size. Envision it. Hows that for proper perspective?

undisputed34 says:

This was a funny read to me. Seems like filler, but it was well written and though comparing Manny to Jesus Christ is a bit much, i like the overall message. The judges tried to put him on the proverbial cross but they couldnt kill what he stands for. As far as i am concerned, there may be fighters out there who possess individual characteristics which surpass Manny Pacquaio's but in this generation of fighters there are none who better embodies the phrase " The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. " The very best part of the Bradley vs Pacquiao fight in my opinion is how Manny treated Timothy afterward.

xianli says:

it's june 9, 2012. do your research with the right book, mr writer..

WTF! Hehehehe! I'm just freakin' out about how a muthasucka who is less than five-foot-five tall can grow dogs that BIG. Danggit! That why Bradley hurt those biggems. Now dude gone on vacation in Hawaii. He won't a surf board. Dude can just use those feet that would give a blind man a fetish. Could you imagine Stevie Wonder feeling on those jokers. Stevie would develop sight for the first time.

I see it NOW! Danggit! I can now see the LIGHT -- I mean da FEET. Hehehehe! Holla!

zdrx says:

what an article. who could have thought of JESUS and pacman analogy? now that the consequence of that boxing debacle has reached biblical proportion...something biblical also crossed my mind.
1) in Isiah 7:14...it was prophesied that a son be born from a virgin, and his name be called EMMANUEL. pacman was born of different circumstances...but pacman's name is EMMANUEL!
2) isn't it JESUS died (or sacrificed) at the age of 33?...same age as pacman was sacrificed at the altar of the squared circle?
what a coincidence ha ha ha. but what struck me most was how he took the sacrifice... as meek as a lamb. i saw him congratulating bradley (as bradley is an innocent beneficiary). i saw him climbing the ringpost, trying to calm angry boxing fans by pointing to heaven and his heart...and gesturing for them to pray. he also asked the whole world to respect the judges' decision...for they are only humans who also errs.

So-called "comparing" Da Manny "to Jesus Christ is a bit much" GRAND. The Romans ROBBED JC so badly that He SCREAMED OUT: "___ ___ Big Poppa Have Thy Forsaken Me? These Sin City super stanks are robbin' -- I mean these Romans are whuppin' -- My Holy A$$!" Huh!

Da Sin City super stanks ROBBED Da Manny so BADLY, that Satan had a nightmare when Jesus Rolled into da Helldom of Satan and whupped his arse over a couple of milleniums ago. WTF! The nightmare caused Satan to rise outta Hades and go straight to Sin City, and say:

"D@MN! You bytching sinners, we are not gonna have any dinners. You are so foul, fake and fraudulent, I'm retiring from evil and running Hades and turning it over to you muthasinners -- bunch of non-righteous muthacheaters -- when yall expire.

"I had put all my hot, wicked, money on Da Manny. Now I ain't got JACK da ripper, or Alice da stripper, or a dime or a Money May's behind to my dooming name, because of so many crooked judges in da game! OMFG! I'm not gonna be sitting in Helldom BROKE!

"My flickin' fire is gettin' ready to be repossessed. And my tears have been dripping and putting out da evil flames. D@MN! D@MN! D@MN!

"I hope yall Sin City stanks' a$$es freeze down there. See ya! I wouldn't wanna be ya! __ __ __ YALL!

"Dat Big-footed, big-headed ___ ___ ____ Tim 'Unforgiveable Gifted Decision Receiver of Sin City Stanks' Bradley couldn't wear Da Manny's jock strap. Not even in a Desert Storm mirage." Holla!

deepwater says:

what happened to the pharrises that killed jesus? they changed their name to bob arum and screwed over pac man. lol

Hehehehehehe! That is so crazy, Deepwater, but funny. Holla!

dino da vinci says:

So-called "comparing" Da Manny "to Jesus Christ is a bit much" GRAND. The Romans ROBBED and whipped 33-year-old JC so badly that He SCREAMED OUT: "___ ___ Big Poppa Have Thy Forsaken Me? These Sin City super stanks are robbin' -- I mean these Romans are whuppin' -- My Holy A$$!" Huh!

Da Sin City super stanks ROBBED 33-year-old Da Manny so BADLY, that Satan had a nightmare when Jesus Rolled into da Helldom of Satan and whupped his arse over a couple of milleniums ago. WTF! The nightmare caused Satan to rise outta Hades and go straight to Sin City, and say:

"I had put all my hot, wicked, money on Da Manny. Now I ain't got JACK da ripper, or Alice da stripper, or a dime or a Money May's behind to my dooming name, because of so many crooked judges in da game! OMFG! I'm not gonna be sitting in Helldom FREEZING and BROKE!

I swear Radam G has brought in a ghostwriter at this point to knock out these replies. Is there no end to you upping your game Radam??? This must stop immediately. Sure you're achieving dizzying heights, but is it all worth it? Well is it Radam?

Another thing. If you're the only Radam on the planet, (Could there possibly be two?!?) what need for the G?

irreverent satirical and amusing.

NOPEY-NOPE! There is only one Radam G on planet Earth. I kicked the other one's hinny one night in Sin City. The next thing that I heard, he went to Area 51 and Radam-G-jacked a couple of hidden alien aircrafts. Dat jive sucka and his posse then escaped into outerspace headed to Mercury and Juniper from some U.S. scrambling supersonic jets's rapid fire and serious lazsering.

Anyway! I made contact with my some of Martians cousin and they are on their way to double fudge up that other Radam G!

There cannot be two Radam Gs NOWHERE! I'm the one and only, and will keep it that way. Hehehehe! Radamology G until da day I can no longer peepee. Hahahaha!

In the meanwhile, some people will believe anything. Did I ever tell you the story about the girls I holla at from Venus. YUP! That is RIGHT! It was all in a DREAM, than I woke up from my ETW's backhand straight to noggin and hard foot to the kneecap.

WOW! I'm just LUVIN' diz Universe. Holla!

Seis G. Gonzalez says:

LOVED, reading your comments fellas.

David Kajay, what can I say, that was quite the compliment. Thank you. XIANLI - thanks for calling out my lack of attention to detail. We corrected that because of you (is that legal?). ZDRX, you're barking up the right tree...I try to write in code but your antennas are up! Deepwater and South Paul, stay with me fellas - "The Law of Numbers" tells us I'll give you something you like the more attempts I make.

And lastly, Radam G, my man. From one G to the next. Keep it cosmic, playa.

~Seis G.

AvirexVa says:

Robbery or not, pacmans last 2 fights have been subpar. He is slower and weaker. Did he get old overnight or did he stop juicing before he got caught like peterson and berto?

AvirexVa says:

It's all G good, BABEEEEEEE! We Gs get our rolls on straight-up COSMIC! Holla!

zdrx says:

boxing has been ruined by corruption...as floyd is ruled by greed. the sport is lucky to have pacman as the face of boxing...as he is a very good role model of sportmanship. floyd and pacman are poles apart...and can be compared to night and day. floyd is now in jail and wallowing in misery...while pacman is free and praying for his rival to one day see the light and enjoy a clean life. BTW... pacman will soon be on a pilgrimage to Israel...to trace the tracks, Jesus once walked on.