EXPOSED! Froch Beats Up And Stops Bute

BY Michael Woods ON May 26, 2012

imagesFroch admitted that if he lost, he would have retired. Many are saying it was one of the best showings from a British fighter ever.

Most anyone who’s laid eyes on Lucian Bute has liked what they’ve seen. But if there has been a persistent knock on the Romanian born hitter, it’s that he hasn’t been one to seek out the best and brightest foes to test his mettle. He’s been content to invite sub-stellar foes to his adopted home in Canada, critics have said. When word came that Bute would be tangling with Carl Froch, the rugged and skilled hitter from England, on Froch’s home turf, no less, critics had to acknowledge that come the night of May 26, questions about Lucian Bute would be answered.

That they were at the Nottingham Arena in Nottingham, England on Saturday night, but not in the manner in which many experts surmised. Froch mugged Bute, whupped him from post to post, and took him out in round five. At 1:05 of the fifth, after two right crossed which snapped back the head of an overmatched Bute, his corner waved a white flag, and pulled the plug on the favorite. Froch got in his face, rushed him, flurried and then backed Bute up, never giving him room to do any long-range sniping.

Critics will now by and large denounce Bute as protected product, and note that it was no grand plan that his promoters invited oldsters, and journeymen to take on Bute, as he accumulated title defenses. It will be said that they knew what they had in the Romanian, and what they didn't.

The IBF super middleweight champion Bute (age 32; 30-0 with 24 KOs entering; 6-1 ½ lefty; coming off UD12 win over oldster Glen Johnson last November) was 167.75 pounds on Friday, while Froch (age 34; 28-2 with 20 KOs entering; 6-1 righty; coming off a loss in the Super Six finale against Andre Ward; ex 168 titlist) weighed 167.3.

It was a tight first, with Froch not wanting to let the lengthy Bute choose his preferred distance. Froch clanged Bute’s chin a couple times in the second; anything resembling a connect drew a roar from his fans. Froch clearly won the third; he had Bute holding on three times, and had him against the ropes throughout. Froch moved to his left, taking away Bute's dangerous left. His right hand, delivered up close, bothered the visitor early in the round. Bute was eating again in the fourth. Bute's left eye was now swollen and red, and his body language looked even worse. Why did I get on that damned plane, his face said as he went to his corner. Froch didn’t respect his power, or his hand speed, his jab, or anything. Bute froze while the Brit flurried, fury on his face, repeatedly.

Froch finished off Bute early in the fifth, trapping the fatigured Romanian on the ropes, as the ref watched hard, and the crowd went delirious. It wasn't clear if the ref halted it, or the corner threw in the towel, or what, but everyone knew the champ had a fork stuck in him.

There is a rematch clause, but goodness, one wonders if Bute can bounce back from this decisive walloping. Yes, he didn't look like he got untracked, and he might well be more comfortable on his home turf. But Froch bullied him, owned him, and he will need to have some head-shrinking done to get his confidence back. Bring back Jesse Brinkley...

Froch after said it was still sinking in. The now three time champ said he was deflated after the Ward bout. But he said he was never more amped and focused than on this night. He said it would have been the same for 12 rounds, if the fight went into late rounds. "A lot of people wrote me off," he said. The bookies got it wrong, he said, as well, and many local folks will be flashing wads tonight at the pubs. He said he couldn't afford to be lazy, or flat footed on this night. He gave props to "guru" Rob McCracken, the trainer. Mac mentioned that Mikkel Kessler might be next. (Kessler beat Froch UD12 in April 2010.) Promoter Eddie Hearn called Froch a warrior, and said it was a last chance for Froch. He said a rematch is fine, given that Froch beat Bute up. Will Bute want it, he wondered? Froch said that Bute can punch, and that he is a great champion.

Bute trainer Stephan Larouche said after that Bute can come back, and likely will be back, but they will need to talk, and assess what happened before they sign on to do the rematch. He said he didn't regret going to England, that Bute could have eaten home cooking in Canada forever, but he wanted to test himself. The fighter didn't underestimate Froch, he said, but he did spend too much time on the ropes. That is arguable; Froch made him back up into the ropes, because Bute tasted his power and backed up because of it.

All in all, I do believe we should all first and foremost laud Froch, and his effort, and his willingness to take on the biggest challenges, before we focus on whether or not Bute was a fraudalent fabrication. The Brit's track record at accepting the stiffest challengers, and on this night, kicking the stuffing out of an unbeaten and skilled pugilist, makes him my favorite, to this point, for 2012 Fighter of the Year.

just watched the fight, what a joke or a set up.

bute was out boxing froch then just decides to lay on the ropes in the second round

and take shots, then precedes to continue to lay on the ropes and absorb punches through rounds 3 and 4 after boxing well in spots.

just strange.

also, frochs promoter jumped in the ring during the standing count from the ref

wouldn't that be a disqualification? although i wouldn't like to see a disqualification by anyone but either boxer.

just an odd and strange boxing match....

John P. says:

Anyone who remembers Bute almost getting knocked out in the final round a few years ago and only being saved by the hometown referee's long--very long--count, might have seen this coming. If you hit him hard, he falls (or gives up). His management chose easy foes for him, avoiding the Super Middleweight tournament and making sure he fought only older or lesser fighters, and then almost always in his own town of Montreal with friendly fans and friendly refs. It's good to see there's still some justice in the world.

mortcola says:

Bute is a very talented, offensively polished fighter with a weak chin and little sense of how to survive when buzzed. Fatal weaknesses. Froch has grown and shown considerable adaptability and class - I disliked him at first, but, respect.

leon30001 says:

wow after that post, Amayseng, it is quite clear your opinion counts for nothing whatsoever. From now on, I will skip past your posts entirely. I kind of had my suspicions that you were a dullard but this confirms it!

we dont call names here or show disrespect, there are other immature and name calling boxing websites for you to go to and employ your harassment.
we are a respectful bunch here that enjoys each other's opinions and we love to debate and learn from one another.

i had a stream of fairly decent quality. i saw bute box well in spots with froch coming in hard, then i saw bute numerous times lay on the ropes and just stand there covering up allowing froch to tee off on him and get stunned. i have watched bute fight for 3 years, i have never seen him just lay on the ropes and allow that.

the fight was just strange to me, i have full respect for any one in that ring.

but thanks for the demeaning and degrading comments...i apologize that you had to begrudgingly read a word from me

perfectly stated

DaveB says:

I didn't see the fight yet but I have to give Froch credit. My question now is how good is Andre Ward?

can't wait to see this on youtube....

I was straddling the fence between Bute's pinpoint accuracy with the uppercut and liver shot versus Frochs tenacity (even if they were just journeymen, it's still an accomplishment to stop those guys the way Bute did)

And I had to consider Frochs emotional Baptism by fire,.... the way he weathered his way to the finals of a grueling, demanding, SuperSix tournament that had every participant soul searching his way to it's epic conclusion.

What really threw me for a loop was Bute's willingness to fight in Froch's extremely loyal and biased backyard.

But on the leadup to the fight Bute was the very epitome of confidence.

I'm really glad for Froch... he's obtained a measure of redemption for himself.. and extended his career.

Ward hasn't ruled out a rematch with Froch if he survided Bute..........

After SOG disposes of Dawson...

And trust me,.... Ward will dispose of Dawson because there's no way Dawson can drill down to supermiddleweight and have the second-to-second mental focus necessary to beat Ward.
Ward will be landing punches every time Dawson blinks.

Anyway this was a FANTASTIC Outcome of a much anticipated fight,....and I'm glad I could relive the moments of shock and amazement thru the eyes of the TSS!!!

can't wait to see this on youtube....

But on the leadup to the fight Bute was the very epitome of confidence.

Ward hasn't ruled out a rematch with Froch if he survided Bute..........

After SOG disposes of Dawson...

Ward will be landing punches every time Dawson blinks.

Real Talk says:

Carl "the Cobra" Froch is BACK in the saddle again!!!! My baby calls him Crotch LOL, she's a comedian, I'm happy for Froch and this is good for boxing because Froch has got balls or what they say in Britain ...bottle and will take on all comers. I didn't get to see this one because I was working but I'm looking forward to this one. Congratz on the KO champ! Looking forward to many more good action fights and got Froch producing many more. The fight game is alive and well. Yeah Buddy!!!! Dueces

BHarper85 says:

"EXPOSED!" is dead-on accurate. Honestly, I picked Bute by close decision, but wasn't too surprised it ended the way it did. I just thought that it would've happened in the later rounds, if it was going to at all. I think this fight is a great example of how you can't really judge a fighter's greatness until he's thrown into the fire.

Just watched the fight and that was freaking awesome! Froch dominated from the third round on. He just mugged Bute Jack the Ripper style. Froch threw alot of punches, he might miss two, three, four shots but the one, two punches he landed were damaging. I was thinking Froch might land that right hand to the chin up the middle and he did. You gotta love a fighter like Carl Froch. Completely schooled by Ward and gets right back in with the unbeaten Bute with no tune up or confidence builder. Give credit to Bute for taking a tough fight in the other guys backyard. Lastly, Rachel did not dissapoint. Smokin hot in that pink dress, tears in her eyes, jumping up and down. I still think Rachel is THE hottest wife/girlfriend in the history of boxing. Before I stop, These cornermen/promoters have got to stop jumping in the ring before the fight is all the way over. If this fight was in Texas Lawrence Cole would have DQed Froch in a heartbeat.

Ditto that Roast,... just saw it myself,.. you could feel the tension.

You could see both of these guys had a lot of respect for each other by how tentative and reserved they were in the opening rounds. Still Froch was always first.

But Froch got over the butterflys fast. while Bute seemed to be unable to let his punches go,.. possibly because of Froch's tendancy to let his punches fly at the same time Bute fired, I don't know.

At the end Bute looked like he reverted back to the same guy who got knocked senseless by Andradae in the 12th several years ago.

Bute didn't have the slightest inkling what to do when he got hurt.

Ward should have signed Bute first. Now he may have the unsavory task of having to deal with Froch again lol. Good show Froch!!

deepwater says:

Someone owes me an apology for saying delusional or something like that. Just like I said. Froch hits harder then the Mexican that knocked bute put. If bute didn't run he was done. Froch ward 2 in England

deepwater says:

Dude you said I was delusional for picking Froch just the way it happened. Don't be a hypocrit . Admit you made a bold prediction that backfired . Big deal . Don't say it was a setup . It was a proper beating . Good job Froch . Froch vs ward in England . 60-40 ward . With split ppv

leon30001 says:

Amayseng don't cry, darling, please. You intimated that the fight wasn't on the level (a "set-up"), or was a "joke"(????) whatever that means. That's disrespectful to The Cobra right therrrr, G!

fightscorecollector says:

how did all you have the fight at the time of stoppage , i had it 40-36 Froch , great performance

I agree with amayseng for the most part Bute was doing a good job in the first 2 rounds coming forward and staying in the middle of the ring. Then all of a sudden he thought he was James Toney laying on the ropes trying to counter punch. It was obvious it wasn't working but he stayed on the ropes anyway like a idiot. I don't think Bute threw the fight or anything but like Motorola said he's a fighter with a weak chin who doesn't know how to survive when hurt.

BTW B-Sug what's up brother? I usually agree with your post but I think Dawson is going beat Ward even at 168. I willing make a friendly bet on it.

Fightscorecollector how did you score the first two rounds? I had Bute winning both rounds..

fightscorecollector says:

Ali i had Froch winning both of them , the first was very very close but i just thought that he landed a decent right hand midway through the round that won it for him. 2nd was close aswell but froch finished better

deepwater says:

@deepwater u are right. I was way off. I apologize but truly felt a Froch who got handled so easily
and who lacked skills would be without his confidence and be hesitant.
However it was Bute who looked all those things.
Ward vs Froch 2 in England will be great

No problem dude. Bute looks like king kong against hand picked opponents . Follow the money and look at boxrec.com and you will pick 3 out of 4 fights. $$$

deepwater says:

Dawson doesn't have the killer instinct ward has . Ward is better focused and will get dirty to win. Bad chad won't go to camp because his girl says no. Chad thinks boxing is a job . Ward doesn't. If ward vs Dawson at 168 ward by ko. Ward vs Froch 2. Super fight. It's up to ward.

gibola says:

As a Brit I can't come on here and crow about how I always knew Froch would win - I picked Bute on points. However I must give praise to Froch yet again for being the ultimate fearless warrior of boxing following what may be his finest win. After boxing comfortably with Bute in the first two rounds Froch took it to Bute and every time Froch landed Bute was shaken down to his boots. Bute never recovered from the third round mauling.
Froch a champion again - a credit to the sport and to UK boxing. He may never beat Andre Ward but he's earned the right to have a go in his own country. To the people who are saying Bute was protected and the first Andrade fight was evidence, etc - show me your betting slip or your prediction on TSS that Froch would KO him! Give Froch the credit he's due for a fantastic win.
For the record thats consecutive fights with Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson, Ward, Bute. A muderers row of Supermiddleweights - no fights falling through because of ridiculous demands or overbearing promoters or even demanding home advantage. Remember when Dirrell-Ward was scheduled as the next Super6 bout but seemed to never actually be set? An anomoly in modern boxing Froch just turns up and fights the guy in the opposite corner - the way fighters used to. He allows the fights to get made because he believes in himself and he isn't afraid to lose. Some fighters on the p4p list haven't proven themselves the way Froch has - and I include the people right at the very top. Well done Carl - brilliant performance!

Well, I've stood by my words that Bute was a protected marshmallow who would get exposed outside Canada. But for what it is worth, luckily that he did not fight Froch in anywhere in North America. Bute woulda, coulda, shoulda won that bout by DQ! It is an automatic DQ when anybody jump in the ring while the referee is counting. The bout should be declared a no contest, and Froch should get another opportunity to kayo Bute.

I didn't say JACK before the bout, because you muthasuckas always called me a hater of Bute. But I suspected that he bit off more than he could chew. Maybe he should have drunk some of Money May's Mountain Dew. Hehehehehe! Holla!

WOW! SCLA Ali, get off those 40s, and whatever else you are sippin' on. SuperBad Chad is not coming close to beating SOG.

I'm about to ride up on 39th and Middleton. Hehehe! But this Crenhaw Blvd. ho, with a BIG A$$, is all up in my grill. I told her that I'd take her to see SCLA Ali. And I keep tellin' her to chill, because my evil-twin wife would quit her arse just for da thrill. Holla!

DaveB says:

I just watched the fight. Bute didn't do as badly as I thought. He was taking a beating from round four which continued until the knockout. The fight turned in round three. I think he may have a chance in a rematch if his confidence isn't too badly shaken. I know that is a big if. The first few rounds were kind of close. I don't like the way he kept pawing with his right hand. Either shoot it or not but don't paw. Froch will always get my respect for fighting anyone. Radam G is right, Froch should have definitely been DQ'd due to his corner entering the ring while the ref was making the count. I'm sure the rematch will be in Canada. It may have the same outcome but I think Bute will do better next time out.

Gibola great post..I didn't realize that Froch had the many tough fights in a row. He only has two losses in those fights and two of those could have went either way he did get a gift in my eyes against Dirrell but I thought he beat Kessler. At the end of the day much props to Froch for taking on the the top guys at 168 and finding a way to beat most of them.

hey dave i agree all the way, except i get called a dummy and bullied by some random guy, anyways i re watched the fight on youtube a good clean quality video and like i thought i had bute winning rounds one and two with froch winning 3, bute was clearly winning round 3 through the first half until like 1:50 where he for no apparent reason went to the ropes and invited froch in and stood there full gaurd and allowed froch to tee off on him, i have no idea why and this is why i stated it was just strange and weird. i cant remember but i think bute was winning part of round 4 when he did the same thing. just stupid, froch is a strong and hard puncher why in the world would he want him just teeing off on him?
anyways, bute does not have a terrible chin but not a great one either, he has to box and move and stay with his game, not allow froch to try to decapitate him.
props to froch for coming out guns blazing and going for the kill after the clinic ward put on him..

i had dirrel beating him as well, dirrel did run a bit but he clearly won more rounds, i had kessler edging out froch i believe(been a few years) 7-5 in a good fight.
i think froch beats dirrel in a rematch just from his experience while dirrel has been on the shelf, but froch has many options that is for sure.

Deepwater Ward by ko now that's a bold statement. I know you was right about Froch kicking Bute a** but o think your wrong about Dawson vs Ward.

Btw who did u pick between Dawson and Hopkins?

This post is dedicated to Johnny Tapia. R.I.P. I hope those demons are silent now. Forget that noise about DQing Froch because his promoter jumped into the ring. That crap only happens in Texas with Lawrence Cole and that idiot who DQed Molina in the Kirkland fight. The Ref in the Froch-Bute fight waved his arms signaling the fight was over then he decided to give Bute a count. The Ref has to be definative. It would have been unsportsmanlike to give Bute a DQ win just as it was to give Kirkland the win in Texas. The Ref has to interpret the rules as well as inforce them. Froch could not control the actions of his promoter and should not be penalized just as Molina should not have been penalized. Athletes win on their own merits not on technicalitys. (the Roast has reached the 1,000 post milestone, the Roast pulls the post out of the ground and holds it aloft ala Ricky Henderson. Flashbulbs pop, the fans go wild. The Roast would like to thank TSS and all the people who make this site what it is. Also I'd like to thank Radam G for being the Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and the Pinoy Pete Rose of TSS . I strive to help make TSS the best boxing site on the Net and with my TSS brothers we will continue in the love of boxing)

deepwater says:

Btw who did u pick between Dawson and Hopkins?

If the fight is held at 168 ward by tko or wide decision over seriously weight drained Dawson . Ward is a nice guy but he is vicious and a sob who will almost cheat to win. Chad does not got that killer instinct. It's no secret chad would stay on the back foot and jab ward most of the fight to keep his advantage. Watch ward close he distance in previous fights. If the fight is light heavy expect a different outcome with Dawson hanging in there. I was rooting for Hopkins .old man Hopkins should of been knocked cold in that fight but Dawson couldn't overwhelm the 47 old guy.

Ali,... everybody disagrees with me, that's why I keep coming back LOL...

Ward will be fighting Dawson at a different frequency,... a slightly faster one that what Dawson will be able to adjust to.
He'll negate his reach, then he'll be making contact more frequently than he's used to.

Not like I'm trying to preach to you,

you know your stuff,..

But whenever these bigger guys go down in weight they are almost always at a disadvantage. (remember Chris Byrd and Glen Johnson)

Statistically speaking, Boxers have more success moving up than down.
It's an intriguing fight,.. one that grasps the imagination.

but I doubt it lives up to the anticipation in practice.

Besides, Dawson hates to be hurried. Ever since the Adamak fight nobody except Pascal has put any meaningful fast paced pressure on him. The mental pressure Ward will put on him will cause CD to crack in my opinion.

If you want to bet.

I'll set up a PAYPALL account so you can wire my account in Zurik,... it 2K enough,.. lol.

catch you on the next one. pc.

a slightly faster one that what Dawson will NOT be able to adjust to

DaveB says:

Amayseng, I thought you made a good comment and it was your opinion so you have a right to it as long as you are not baiting others into an argument with ridiculous personal attacks. What's wrong with that? You answered him in a way that was dignified and I'm glad you didn't get in a gutter war and you and the guy didn't flame one another and offer to get into a fight on the street. I thought Bute made a good showing of himself in the first few rounds. He was a bit cautious and I think that because of the final outcome the fight appears to have been worse through out than what actually happened. Bute was doing well for the first few rounds. This is devastating for his psyche because he was an undefeated fighter. But the best learn and come back stronger. His keys to a better fight next time will be to box and stay off the ropes. It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

DaveB says:

Roast, I think a DQ was a valid observation. I'm glad it didn't happen because Froch definitely got the knock out. But if you look at the ref he threw his hands up in the air, weird I know, to break the fighters up, not to declare that the fight had ended. You are right the fighters can not control what their corners or promoters do but it is still against the rules. Good victory for Froch. Congratulations on your 1000th post. You and Radam G kept this site going in its infancy. I'll be here for your next 1000.

DaveB, it is a valid observation. It could have happened. It would have been a travesty, an abomination, a miscarriage of justice, but it could of happened. I'm sure if we could ask Bute if he wanted to win that way, he would say no. Bute will regroup and plan for the rematch he is due. The Ref has to be definative. If he wants to give a count he has to throw the fingers up and start his count. Thanks for the congrats DaveB, you are one of the best. You were here before me, when I got here in 2009, I saw that TSS already had a great Dave so I went with the nickname I was given in my bong and basketball days. So if not for you, there would be no Roast on TSS.

MisterLee says:

Totally dominant, besides the fact that Froch fought a great fight, I feel he was also on a totally different class than Bute, which is why Bute started wilting early (kind of like Gomez vs. Cotto). Bute backed into the ropes b/c his punches weren't affecting Froch, b/c he was intimidated by Froch and his power, and b/c he couldn't conjure any answers. Bute was a hype (I called it), and I also called that Bute would lose to ANYONE in the Super Six (Kessler, ward, Froch, Abraham, or the pre-Abraham Dirrell). This confirms my belief!

MisterLee says:

Just so that you will know, the Roast. Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb were left-handed and Pete Rose was a left-handed gambler. It's been lefty time for some time. Hehehe! Tell those nuns in Italy to quit slapping left hands. And what is up with the Pope's butler? Danggit! Holla!

dino da vinci says:

Hello Mr. Lee. I'll tell you why I have a different opinion. There are two reasons Andre Ward didn't fight Bute coming off of his Super 6 win:

#1. Bute didn't deserve the big fight/payday, without running some of the risks the others subjected themselves to. Why allow Ward to do all the heavy lifting and make his reward
instantly available to Bute.
#2. Bute can fight.

OK, a combination of the two. But please note #2.

dino da vinci says:

Reread my previous post. Although I didn't word it properly, I believe it's still relatively clear what I was trying to say.

Condor says:

Andre Ward is a special fighter. He deserves more love and appreciation, in my opinion.

admin says:

Leon, please refrain from name calling and such. THANKS

admin says:

Pls, no nastiness

wow after that post, amayseng, it is quite clear your opinion counts for nothing whatsoever. From now on, i will skip past your posts entirely. I kind of had my suspicions that you were a dullard but this confirms it!

MisterLee says:

MisterLee says:

Ward whooped Froch, and the other man that beat him: Kessler. AND he made it look easy! And besides, Bute is on Jeff Lacy street anyway, so any speculation is a non-issue. Bute, There's No Easy Way Out! : http://youtu.be/oO4SAunDgZ0?t=18s

MisterLee says:

Crap, that link doesnt work any more, here it is: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx_vb54Uco0

[QUOTE=admin;16765]Pls, no nastiness[/QUOTE]

Aww come on EM! We got to have some nastiness!

dino da vinci says:

[QUOTE=MisterLee;16768]@Dino, yo man, I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree. First, the reason Ward didn't take the fight was b/c he broke his hand in the Froch fight. Second, he was coming off of having fought Miranda, Pudwill, Kessler, Bika, Abraham, and Froch within a 2 year period. He had just won the Super Six, he needed a break. And beyond all that, Bute sucks! His best wins were against limited, face first, straightforward pressure fighters (Andrade, Miranda, Johnson), and Jessie Brinkley & Brian McGee SUCK. Why would Ward be afraid to fight Bute? Bute is a hype, with his fake shoulder roll, B level slickness, and occasional bomb of a left hand. Ward is faster than him, smarter than him, more versatile, stronger, younger than him, and more seasoned than him. Ward essentially shut out every top opponent he's faced in the last 2 years. And you think Lil' Bute would have presented a problem? Nope. Bute was and is a hype. I called it yo. Pc man![/QUOTE]

Mister Lee. Love Andre Ward. Has worked on the Boxing Channel in the past. The man is a great fighter and class act. Happens to be my favorite 68 pounder. I did gain some appreciation for an overmatched Froch in his last outing. (Vs. Ward. And I said as much, here). Segway time. Speaking of the Boxing Channel, I believe Andre first told of his injury on the Boxing Channel at the conclusion of his bout w/Froch.
Now, Andre will have to fight somebody, Mr. Lee. If Bute can't fight, pick an end of the year date and make the undefeated opponent your next tiff. Upon winning, he really looks like a monster. Personally, I don't know why more guys don't wish to be the first fighter to blemish an opponent's record if they're clearly the better fighter. As in, "Bute was never the same fighter after he fought Ward". Of course, it could have something to do with some undefeated fighters preferring to die rather than lose their first fight. I'm fairly sure Andre doesn't fear anyone although I'm sure he respects all opponents. And that Mister Lee, should tell you something. Lastly, just watched my Celtics lose in overtime in a game I felt they could have won. They didn't play well in game 1. (think Bute) And weren't given much of a chance in the rematch. (think Froch vs. Bute II). Ah, well...Hey, I remember when people were dissing JM Marquez. (Who may be undefeated against an opponent some are calling the greatest fighter of all time), and I'm thinking, OK, the world will go on if not everyone doesn't see it as I see it. I only have two words for you Mister Lee: Terry Norris.

dino da vinci says:

MisterLee says:

dino da vinci says:

[QUOTE=MisterLee;16863]I dunno Terry Norris! I gotta watch him! Btw- what's the historical context behind him, or his example? Did he make a killer comeback or something? Good analysis![/QUOTE]

Terry Norris had the misfortune of having a champion's heart and a glass head. His beard would betray him from time to time, but he had great tools and an indomitable fighting spirit. Terry was one of my favorite fighters from that era. Mister Lee, today's fight fan is quick to write a fighter off or make him the next boxing god well before it's time. Fighters lose sometimes, even if they can fight a lot, especially when fighting guys that can fight back. That's why Carl Froch deserves all the credit he's just starting to receive. And taking the advice of the late, great Pat Putnam of Sports Illustrated fame when he told me to finish where I started, [B]look at the records of Terry Norris' opponents[/B]. Norris' manager was the second bravest man in boxing, one slot under Terry.

I always rooted adainst Terry Norris. He beat alot of my guys starting with John Mugabi. The night he beat SRL I was with my girlfriend in a hotel room and after that fight I was so bummed I couldn't achieve...I couldn't perform... you know. I also thought Norris cherry picked some guys who were past it like Donald Curry and Meldrick Taylor. Thats the way the fight game goes, I hold no grudges. I was happy when past it Simon Brown knocked him out in 4. The truth is almost every boxer stays too long and ends up getting knocked out by a guy he would have schooled in his prime. Who was that guy who finished Norris, Keith Mullings or something like that?

@the Roast, you are too darn funny and so cold. Hehehehe! Holla!

diezel power says:

No for sure Bute got expozed yo iam from montreal but i dont like over hyped boxers... the guy as soon as they put him with big name boxer he got schooled i knew it all along as far as some people finding him strange in the ring against Froch i find that STRANGE of course he was on the ropes doing nothing he was half gone from punches i dont think your brain sends signals to your arms to... put it up .. quite frankly i dont think you know what time it is BRO... set up? brotha please...nothing strange bro or contrevercial he got wacked over classed , out classed , out boxed, EXPOSED ....

DJNEWRY says:

Massive credit has got to go to Froch for that performance. Out off his league in his defeat to Andre Ward but he showed incredible guts and determination to produce what I just witnessed against previously unbeaten Bute. One off the best stoppages I have seen in a long long time. I would urge anyone who missed the fight to watch it. Real life Rocky Balboa stuff. Kessler rematch has gotta be next up for the cobra!!!!
Ps just a word on the Referee, he could have gotten Bute seriously hurt in that fight. He took about 5 sickening blows that he should have.

Buzz Murdock says:

[B][I][/I][/B]I picked bute...all the cards seemed to be in his favor---fresher, left hook to the liver...and Froch never exceeding in an eye catching manner---i was so wrong it's sick...

Latest Articles

martinezsaltyatpearsonforpullout
canthecongressmanstillkayo
espn2willteleviselivethe12roundibfeliminatorfightbetweenmiddleweightcontendershassanndamacurtisstevens
quotesfromfightersonsatmayweathershoboxcard
newsonbaylessinqcorneredqgolovkinrubiotixinfo
mexicanboxinglegendslikechavezandmoralestalkmarcosmaidana
ronnyriosandantonioorozcoonoct9fs1gbpshow
checkoutthissneakpeakfromallaccess
lanellbellowsnotachampyetbutsaysqimalreadywinningq
kikomartinezcarlframptonliveonawesept6

Who's the best Mexican boxer today?