EXCLUSIVE Rubio Insinuates Chavez Jr. Uses PEDs

BY Michael Woods ON February 05, 2012

Veneno-Rubio2Marco Antonio Rubio, in an exclusive interview on the Boxing Channel, insinuated that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. used an illegal supplement or supplements, which gave him an advantage in their bout which took place on Saturday at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

View the video, in which Rubio, who lost by unanimous decision,  said he was surprised at how big Junior was--he was 181 pounds, to Rubio's 171 on fightnight--and took issue with what he deemed favoritism towards Junior by the Texas commission. He said Texas didn't do drug testing for the fight.

“I feel he recouped exceptionally fast," Rubio said in Spanish to interviewer Marcos Villegas on TBC. "This really took us by surprise. There was no testing done, and in a championship fight, testing needs to be done. There was no weigh ins done the days or weeks before the fight and I feel that he was very well protected.”

Rubio should just shut da double fudge UP! And quit being a Fam May groupie, who got his arse torched by the better, clean fighter. Chavez Jr is just manly filling out. Enough said! Holla!

Rubio is right they should test for PEDs.. I don't understand why any fighter wouldn't want it unless there cheating.

There go SCLA Ali again! They do and always have checked for PEDs. How do you think so many fighters have been caught? Where have you been? Don't let me have to run off names. Not that that hyped-up jive does not help a boxer, who has no game an iota. Holla!

I'll be honest, I was bored watching this fight, in fact I turned it to watch the UFC.
Chavez did fairly well although was not impressive and what was Rubio doing? How can a fighter not know he is not an inside fighter and is smothering his own power? How does he not know how to adjust, step back or angle out to give himself distance to be able to sit down on some punches for himself? He knows after 6 rounds Chavez is just going to come straight in to use his size and try to swarm him, he should have been angling out quickly and really trying to make the Chavez who was drained and put on 21 lbs work hard and tire out.
My gosh Rubio.

Shane Mosley never tested positive before or after a fight but he testified that he took PEDs...Come on Radam u ought to know better...

Chavez handled a top tier journeyman last night, hope he's ready for a legitimate middleweight challenger in his next fight. And by that I don't mean Margarito, who fought for a 154 championship at 150 without having beaten a top ten Junior middleweight contender, and will probably be asked by Arum to challenge Jr at 160lbs. Andy lee want's it,.. if Chavez isn't ready to unify or take on Martinez,... nobody could scoff at Chavez vs Andy Lee. the Kid has proven he can handle rehydration and excessive alchohol consumption,.. if he can handle that,... he can step up his game.

TotoyBato says:

????!!! Take the test junior.

First! You are DEAD Wrong, SCLA Ali! Secondly, testing is taking place. Why do you think that it came to light that Sugar Shane was down and dirty with PEDs? C'mon, player! It is all right to be wrong. It looks like another LUV TKO! Leave it alone. I think you betta let it go! Holla!

mrblackmagicj says:

Actually, it didnt come to light that Shane was down and dirty via a pre/ postfight blood test. He passed those tests, and was caught years later when the company providing the drugs came under fire. Certainly testing is taking place, but for a fighter who has failed a test before and been suspended, who was having lots of trouble making weight, to for some reason "forget" to take a test, while the sanctioning body whose belt he holds has very recently came to his defense from fans and media calling him a "coward" seems strange. If i was the opposing fighter i certainly would have issue with what has been going on. And surprise, it is a Freddy Roach fighter. Hmm...

@Mrblackmagicj, read what I said. I didn't say or mean anything about the Sugarman getting caught "via a pre/postfight blood test," or even a pi$$ test. I simply said that "testing is taking place." [Of course many cats are not getting caught, and corrupted, paid-off officials are making sure of that.]

My reply to SCLA Ali was that doers of illegal PEDs will be eventually caught down the line -- no matter how long. And, of course, various types of PEDs being used nowadays will eventually become illegal somewhere down the line.

Bottomline, PEDs and steroids are in every single athlete's body. So it is not a fight about that. The fights is about the level of usage. Money May uses Las Vegas's "legal" steroids in his brittle hands every single bout. This is why he won't fight anywhere but in Las Vegas. See! Money May's got the Sin-City hook up and entitlement to have his PEDs and steroids deem LEGAL! Holla!

Thanks homie I was just about to bust his balls

Radam let it go your wrong im right...step up your boxing knowledge its a damn shame u didn't know that but its okay im here to help u..Now my point was that boxing needs to upgrade the system they have in place cuz fighters like Mosley learned how to beat it...Radam triple OG do u agree?

dino da vinci says:

And so it begins...

And so it begins...

And so what begins?

dino da vinci says:

... while the sanctioning body whose belt he holds has very recently came to his defense from fans and media calling him a "coward" seems strange. If i was the opposing fighter i certainly would have issue with what has been going on. And surprise, it is a Freddy Roach fighter. Hmm...

This, Ali, is what I was referring to. The moment I heard the accusation I was waiting to hear Freddie or Alex's name.

I will say this. Moving the weigh-in from the morning of the fight to the day before changes the sport completely. One gladiator weighs 20+ pounds more than an opponent who just doesn't have the ability to put the same amount of weight back on doesn't seem all that sporting to me...or safe.

Danggit SCLA Ali you are so full of syet. How many times have I told you that I'm in the boksing loop, not in your cyberspace bullsh*tology poop. You can spit and turn and twist any jive that turns you on. And have groupie mates or hood mates trying to bail you out. I'm solid as a rock and read and clearly comprehend several languages, especially ENGISH.

When it come to the hurt bitnezz, I got all the meat and you are just a dawg trying to dig up a bone or a cadaver hound smelling syet and mistaking it for a body. And feeling good when you are patted on the back by a shot-gun reader, who doesn't read or understand what your's truly has just spitted. Hehehehe! Holla!

@Ddv, The WBC's own rules are not being enforced in a lot of bouts. If a fighter comes in more than 10 pounds over the weight the night of the fight, he supposed to be fined and would be stripped of the title.

Nonetheless, like always, power that be get amnesia when that television BIG MONEY is involved. Holla!

BTW! SCLA Ali, quickly quit being a cyberspace-crybaby BYTCH! You are always trying to get me in a GOTCHA post! Quit making yourself look pathetic to those in da know. Again, EVERYBODEEE and DEY MOMMA in da know know that testing has always gone on in the game. And syet doesn't always show up from testing. That is why they keep samples of syet for years.

You are such a Money May groupie falling off that May-nuthugger cliff from his pied piper flute. He started that PEDs-and-steriods jive, because Da Manny punked his ____ __ arse! Holla!

Dino thats a great point and it would force fighters to fight closer to there natural weight._

Chavez should be fighting super middleweights or light heavys

dino da vinci says:

Note: Radam achieves hat-trick. You da man, Rad.

dino da vinci says:

Well, thank you, Sir.

Triple OG relax homie it ain't that serious....u said some bullshit about one of my post and a guy I don't even know pointed out your mistake before I did...Why r u getting your panties in a bunch over it u where wrong and everybody knows it....u shouldn't be so embarrassed by it.

You never stop making up jive, light-skinned Ali. I got you ped and the four-one-one on you. Da eye in da sky is quite a spy! Quit acting all hardcore to fit with your dark-skinned hoodboys and groupie mates. "A guy [you] don't even know," misread what I posted and went on a different point of view. And you have taken that bullsh*tology and run like a bytch believing that you have gotten the one and only Radam G.

You cannot get me in a GOTCHA moment! So develop some cojones and man up and admit that you are full of syet and you hate to be wrong and challenged, especially by a Pinoy. Maybe it is because you are my complexion, light-skinned Ali. Whaddup wif da? Are you scared dat da brothas are going to question your ethnicity and black loyalty? Be easy, greasy, BRO! Hehehehe! Holla!