Source: Floyd Mayweather-Robert Guerrero Almost Signed, Sealed..MARKARIAN

BY Raymond Markarian ON January 09, 2012

MayweatherOrtizFinalPC Blevins9Welterweight champion Floyd “Money” Mayweather 42-0, 26 knockouts, is close to an agreement to fight lightweight champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 5. A source with knowledge of the negotiation told me that the two sides were very close to securing a deal that could be announced as early as this week.

A clash with Mayweather will be undoubtedly the biggest fight of Guerrero’s career. For months, the Gilroy, California native has told the boxing world that he will be the one to defeat the undefeated pound for pound king.

Guerrero says he knows Mayweather like the back of his hand, and that a fight between Floyd and Guerrero, a multilingual Mexican-American, will sell on Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas.

Mayweather’s advisor Leonard Ellerbe said their camp will announce Mayweather’s opponent this week and the signs are pointing towards Guerrero (28-1, 18 knockouts) getting the shot he desires.

Fight fans expected May 5to be the day Mayweather and Pacquiao finally fight. But both parties have apparently failed to come to terms once again. As it stands now, Pacquiao is expected to fight in late May or early June leaving Mayweather without a dance partner for May 5.

The anticipated May 5th date was nearly derailed when a Las Vegas judge sentenced “Money May” to begin a 90 day jail term on January 6.  On Friday, the judge postponed the ruling until June 1st allowing Mayweather to go through with the bout he announced nearly two months ago.

I don't like it. Guerrero is too soft, too small, and too injury prone. I bought Mayweather's last ywo PPVs, and I hate PPVs, but I won't buy this one. Floyd is the WBC welterweight champion. Shouldn't he fight a welterweight?

this is a complete and utter joke. this would be equal to floyd stepping up two weight classes to MW and fighting a sized guy like pavlik or taylor.

the ghost is a career super featherweight and lightweight i mean are you kidding me floyd
is gonna sign this fight? too small, too light, too weak, too short, no reach.

floyd wins 12 rounds to none or early knockout if he really wants.

ya the ghost is good but watch the katsidis fight he had trouble getting to him, could barely land a jab. he didnt dominate and impress.

how can anyone support this fight?

Never saw this coming.....fight better be free.

I ain't feeling this fight at all the ghost just talked his way into a big fight...Alvarez Cotto or Martinez is the only guys I would want him to fight if he's not getting pan.

Real Talk says:

Yeah...I'm not feeling this one either, but if you think about it...what's thediffernce between this and Pacman vs Marquez??? Guerrero is bigger than Marquez, maybe not as skilled but bigger. I'm not paying for this joint, really it's not a fight out there I'd pay for besides Berto vs. Ortiz. At least with that one I know it's going to be fireworks. I wish I didn't order Pacman vs. Marquez 3. I'd pay for a Floyd vs. the winner of Berto vs. Ortiz or Floyd vs. Pacman but that's about it, but Bob Arum is ducking that wreck LOL. Dueces

dino da vinci says:

Real Talk: I wish I didn't order Pacman vs. Marquez 3.

Why would you feel that way?

Whaddup, Real Talk! Team Money May and Fam May are gettin' on their snake-oil salesman's optical illusions to the public be damn and dumb! They are letting everybodeee and dey momma falsely blame da BobFather for blocking Money May's tumble and stumble. It is he who has held up the Money May-Da Manny rumble. But it is all good. Dude is a master prizefighter, not a pride fighter. If there are fools foolish enough to buy Guerrero-Mayweather, then why should not Money May take a low, low risk fight bout with high, high moola? All the bias boxing media are going to keep voting him the best with their severe inattention blindness to reality and actuality.

I'm luvin' how Money May is ducking Da Manny arse thrashing in plain view and still gettin paid. Go MONEY! GO! He is one of the biggest legal money thieves of all time. Holla!

Latest Articles

klimasdubiousthatwardkovalevcouldbemade
nextforlomachenkoqiwantnumberoneq
celinathesweetheartsalazarwinsincostarica
commissionerscornerataleoftwodivisions
fightnetworkthrowsuslaunchpartyinny
gggwow
onkovalevhopkinsandthecontinuationofthecoldwarthaw
countingdowntoaug9goldenboyshowatbarclays
examiningchilembavscummings
douglasandsorofighttodrawon200thshobox

Who's the best Mexican boxer today?