Mayweather Jail Term Postponed; Boxer Must Report June 1...WOODS

BY Michael Woods ON January 06, 2012

MayweatherOrtizWeighIn Hogan14Floyd Mayweather was supposed to report to jail today, but received a postponement from the court in Las Vegas and instead will report June 1.

David Mayo of MLive.com reported that Mayweather’s attorneys argued that the boxer has a fight due May 5, and a Jan. 6 report date would impinge upon the early summer bout. Mayweather was sentenced to six months for battery, and the justice of the peace  suspended three months of the term. He’d have been released in early April, giving him only a few weeks to get ready for a May 5 contest, against a foe to be named. The justice said she didn’t know of the early summer set-up when she sentenced him before Christmas.

Off the top of my head, this reads like a concession made to a person of stature which would not in a million years be given to a “Regular Joe.” Maybe a TSS reader more versed in our legal system wants to weigh in and tell me otherwise. Perhaps an argument could be made that the economic benefit to the community where the fight will take place takes precedence over the timeliness of the commencement of his incarceration…

Mayo also spoke to promoter Bob Arum, who kicked the Mayweather-Pacquiao can down the road. Arum said that Pacquiao won’t be ready to fight till June, so Floyd’s postponement doesn’t mean we will see the two megastars collide in May.

miguel1 says:

So it just might happen after all. It was tiny, but interest did wane a bit in the bout in the last year. Bottom line is neither is going to leave money on the table at this point, the fight just becomes less and less appealing as time goes by.

I'm darn versed in the banana-ism and straight-up powerful corruption in boxing. Nevertheless, once again, TSS Reader FJC proved to be straight-up righteous. He said that Money May would use a double to serve his term, or that he will manage to get out of it. WELL! Ditto! And not from da ghetto! Fam May has all types of corrupted Sin City connections. I even said that it was odd for Las Vegas to let its cashcow go to da slammer.

[I smell a group of deep-pocket billionaires all over this one. OMFG! The fright of jail and the threat of the secret society of moola shakers and makers have halted Team Money May and Fam May from being fakers. Money May rather get serious about taking his arse thrashing from Da Manny instead of going to see inside of the slammer and being told what to do by the warden and the top-dawg prisoners. They were going to probably kick Money May's arse for whuppin' his babies' momma and not dancing with Da Manny.]

Dude brings a half of billion dollars to Sin City during three-days of activities leading up to one of his bouts, then another 250mil the night and the next night following the his bout. Well! A dance between he and Da Manny will be HUGE! WOW! Try about 2bil in about five days of fights and activites.

Boksing is "the threatre of the unexpected," and you can bet on dat -- JACK! And Vegas couldn't help but to give money-making Money May maximum slack. Holla!

Wow! And January 6 is actually the true day of Christmas. Sin City got its homestead son a BIG GIFT the only way that Sin City could. Holla!

Pac that's your ***!!!! Mayweather is to steps ahead of the game in out the ring and I know it pisses u haters off...Now I just hope Arum don't come up with some bullshit excuse but I got a feeling his punk *** will though.

wow, what is worse than this is that shaeffer has made comments that floyd is looking at only two opponents, the ghost and canelo...

are you kidding me?

canelo, 22 years old and at a catch weight of all things and the ghost who has never fought up at ww before..

floyd is a waste of talent..

can you imagine how good he could have been had he tested himself

On the very day Mayweather is to report to prison, his attornies argue successfully to delay his incarceration. But this is no gift..... Mayweather hasn't escaped anything, in fact he's been given more rope to hang himself with if thinks he can be lax with his counseling commitments. One slip-up and Floyd faces severe consequences.
Otherwise if Mayweather can meet his obligations,....the whole arrangement is pure genius,...... it removes the stumbling block of Mayweather having to stay in shape while living in a facillity that's not conducive to being an optimal environment for training....and prevents the need for Mayweather to scramble to get in shape while promoting a fight simultaneously with just a 5-6 week time frame to work with.

Now he can focus exclusively on his next fight without being harrassed by Big-Bubba.

Arum has thrown a major roadblock against a May 5th fight with Pac... with more outrageous excuses like.... "it's not possible to build a 40,000 seat stadium in time for May 5th showdown with his P4P Pinoy Pride and Joy) and if the construction workers being too slow isn't convincing enough, Arum now says Manny needs and inordinant amount of extra time to allow his cut to heal.

Although the hopes of a summertime fight between Pac and May are probably dashed.....This is still a win win situation for Mayweather as it provides him the opportunity to get in some much needed work while the Event of the Century continues to percolate. It also affords Mayweather the advantage of doing his jail sentence after a fight and during his normal "POST-FIGHT DOWN-TIME-RECOVERY CYCLE" when boxers tend to rest and heal until the next event.

As it stands now, elite boxers are coming out of the woodwork to meet Floyd on May 5th, These names include Alvarez, Cotto, Guerrerro, and Khan. While Arum continues to make excuses and cause delays, the figh game keeps moving along,.. don't worry folks,.. in the worlds of PT Barnum,.. "One Monkey Don't Stop No Show". Arum can continue to do his best to impede this Epic confrontation but at some point Manny will put his foot down and force Arum to deal in good faith and actually put forth an honest effort to make the fight.

I beleive we will see Mayweather vs Pac but probably not until November 2012

but brownsugar this postponement would be all for not if he is not facing pacman.

what would be the point of it then?? he doesnt need the money, he doesnt even have

a contract with a fighter signed. what is the point? seriously, i am asking.

the guy is used to taking up to two years off and fighting without rust with an 8 week

training camp. yes i know he stays in shape between fights but he is gonna serve 2

months, not 2 years in prison. dude can still do pushups and situps and resisted ex.

as far as arum is concerned, WTF is he talking about a new stadium? floyd only fights

in vegas. pac wants the fight, roach wants the fight, uncle roger wants the fight,

does floyd want the fight? im asking, he doesnt seem to mention clearly if he does.

if this fight doesnt happen it will be the blame of boxing shiiiting the bed while the

UFC just gains momentum and becomes mainstream because they have dana white

setting fights and if u dont want to fight you dont get paid and are gone.

DaveB says:

I don't understand this worth a damn. The only reason why his sentence has been postponed is because of the money he generates for Las Vegas. Is this judge incompetent or something? Does she know who he is and what he does for the economy of the area? Then why was she not aware of this until the day of his incarceration? Something smells awful fishy here. I am disappointed in all the principals - Team Pacquaio and Team Mayweather - now they are disputing the stadium. The stadium of all things. And just when you thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous. I bet they are going to both end up fighting sub-par opponents so they can avoid one another. They are making boxing into more of a circus and laughing stock than it all ready is. I respect everyone here, even those I disagree with, because at least you guys show passion and would make this match if it were in your power in a heart beat. I can't say the same for the powers that be. This fight will still be hot but I don't think it will ever be red hot again like it would have been two years ago. I never thought I would have lived to see this day in boxing, an all time low. Should have been a no brainer.

daveb you are correct. something is off here. yes floyd makes money, but think about it, whether he made money in may or after he got out of jail he is still making money, and the 3 months is going to happen either way. another thing, floyd isnt active, so he isnt making consistent money all year round, sometimes he takes two years off, so vegas can thrive without him.

i mean , this is all a bunch of garbage. mad props to dana white and the ufc for making the best fights happen. seriously, it pains me to say it, but the ufc is doing things right for the fans....

Wow! Money May is rolling. I shoulda known something was up when his arse was hanging around Abu Dhabi and hanging out with billionaire Arabs and sailing on their yachts and jives. Now this is IT, not any bullSH*T! Fe'Roz is right! Da Manny is a fight a chump and Money May is fight a baby lump! Dude is going up against Canelo Alvarez. And the richest man in the world set it up years ago. A Thousand and One Arabian/Mexican Nights.

How you ever heard of Carlos Slim, the richest on the globe and a Mexican citizen. He is behind this whole thing. Including delaying Money May from going to jail, which he will never go. I'm doing more investigatiion, so I'll be back later. Holla!

miguel1 says:

Carlos Slim is responsible? Ok I dont follow.

Apparently in less than 24 hours I went from having some hope for the match happening, to being back to sure it wont happen.

Someone mentioned MMA, maybe Alistair Overeem should be sent to beat Bob Arum with a sock full of quarters

I'm back quicker than I thought that I'd be. Here is the skinny. Carlos Slim, An Arabian-Mexican, with the deepest pockets in the world has been courting Team May and setting up this coming May-5 date to fight Canelo Alvarez for over two years and a half. On the night, that the bout is held, it will be "A Thousand and One Nights" since the setting up started. [And for all you suckas who won't believe my syet and think that I'm sometype of nutcase, you will be wrong like always. You don't know syet about me, or the backrooming, siderooming or the sh*trooming haggling of boksing.]

Wow! The game is no doubt "The threatre of the unexpected." WTF! All this news in 2011 about "The Arab Spring." Now in boksing, you will have "The Arab Bring" bringing some BIG CASH! Now this is PRIZE FIGHTING! I luv da prize! Later for that pride-fighting jive! MONEY talks, bullsh*t walks, a fanfaronade/groupie stalks.

Alvarez-Mayweather will no doubt be the richest boxing match ever held. I should have known that this battle was coming. I recall in one of my wars with the late Isaiah about how I was telling him to quit being so naive about Mexicans being red-headed and one possibly fighting Money May for the right prize. Referring to Canelo, I told him that "the dude is full of Lebanese and Syrian, and that is probably where the red hair comes from....Beside you can see red-headed Mexicans every day of the week in Mexico, New Mexico, Arizona, Texico... and nowadays even in Indiana and Great Britian or the Philippines....Mexicans are like Pinoys, they're every hue and everywhere on the planet getting their work own...." Then Andy from Newscastle posted that Pinoys and Mexicans were on his Carribbean Island. [Of course that is a recreating of the post between Isaiah and me. But you give the jist of it.]

Anyway, @Ali, like always, you should quit riding Money May's cojones. He is a prize fighter, not a pride fighter. He goes where the money is to be made BIG, and could less about his smack talk of "being a soldier," or "down with" so stupid xenophobic race pride wanting to beat a Pinoy. No money, no honey! And that is the way it is, and has been, and will always be.

___ ______ ______ ____- ____ ____ _____. Holla!

Your the biggest dick rider on TSS u nut case...

good point amaseng..... I like your no holds barred response,.. we'll talk later

OPEN SE-SA-ME! Hehehehehe! The true always hit _____ like a ton of bricks. When it come to you, Ali, I'm reminded of the Cihinese Filipino -- Chinoy -- saying that translates this way: "Ignorant and prejudice people like to be deceived and that is what they get. Why confuse them with the truth?"

Those are some fitting shoes. Wear 'em well, _____ ______ ______ _____! I know that it hurts. And "Lil Floyd" would screw and spit on you at the drop of a hat. Because when it comes to ______, he said that he "cannot stand 'em!" And he got it like that. Money May is my P. Da Manny is my P. The distinction in those Ps is that one is my pal and the latter is my peeps.

It is cool if they don't ever get tangled. Because if they do, Money May will get mangled! P beats P! Holla!

Shoulder Roll Defense says:

I'm not going to get very complex with this post. I love Manny because he is great for boxing. I'm about to order a pair of his Nikes; when is the last time a boxer had their own shoes or a multitude of endorsements? Pac-Man is a great person, but I think he knows deep in his heart that his boxing skills are inferior to Mayweather's. Why else isn't he demanding that Arum make the fight? Everybody is blaming Arum, but I blame Pac-Man. He should put Bob in his place and demand the fight! Arum had the nerve to go on 60 minutes last year and say that Pac-Man was better than Ali! Are you kidding me, Bob has bamboozled a lot of people, but those that know boxing and are unbaised know that Pac-Man is a good boxer, but far from great. As far current Pinoy boxers go, I would take Donaire over him in a heart beat as far as skill are concerned. Pac-Man needs to "grow a pair" and take a page from Ali-Liston. He should become his own promoter in a sense, why not drive a bus up to the "Big Boy" mansion at about 2:00am and park it outside and demand that Mayweather come out to get his a$$ whupped lol? The bottom line is that Arum doesn't want the fight and Pac-Man doesn't want the fight. First it was Mayweather is going to jail in May so we can't fight him (Arum). Now it's, Manny has 28 stitches that he is still healing from! You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time. Wake up folks, Pac & Arum don't want to fight the new and improved Sugar Ray Robinson/Jack Johnson, better know as "Money" Mayweather. The only brother in sports that basically calls his own shots, Holler!

Shoulder roll hellva post..

Shoulder Roll Defense says:

Thanks bro!

Prejudice come better then that Radam my favorite is black does that makes me a racist ...my 2nd favorite is The Flash how many times do I have to tell your hard headed *** that..Ismayl Sillakhv is my 3rd favorite I don't even know what race he is real talk chill out with all that racist talk triple O.G

Ali Baba, you are a master of striking up bullsh*t. It must be the water in da hood, or something foul in the air.

Have I ever called you a racist? Maybe you have what they said in da hood. "A dang guity conscience." Danggit! I know the game. You say that I said something, and without reading what I said, all the likes of you will say, "GOCHA!"

C'mon, MAN! Run your hood-dini act on somebody else. Hehehehehe! Cut the crab, Ali. The truth is, Ali, that I think you are like a leaf in the wind. The wind controls the time and when the leaf moves, the haters and faders control your climate just the same. You are probably somma diz and somma dat, but you are no racist. Touchy as heck, YUP and ______ da _______! But not racist. Holla!

Touchy lol!! I've never read a post and my feeling got hurt im having a great time going back and forth with even though you've call me every name in the book. Growing up in south central L.A u always got somebody bagging on u so my skin is far from then tripple O.G.. yours truly ali baba

none of us know exactly whos fault it it at this point. i recall pacman on jim rome in a live interview a few months ago, he answered jim and said he wanted the fight because the people wanted it, jim asked why it didnt happen last time and pac said floyd asked for too much money, they counter offered him and he asked for more still, there wasnt enough....
all this aside, what we do know is that over a month ago before floyds trial he went ahead and knowingly set up a MAY 5 date making a statement that he is fighting "the little guy" but intentionally failed to state a specific name. so if floyd wanted the fight why hasnt he called out pacman stating he reserved the date and the arena for them to fight and gone all big mouth, like he does, because if there is one thing we all know and floyd will tell you himself, he is a big mouth, always running it, so why hasnt he called out pacman for the fight since he has gone ahead and reserved the event date and arena and even got jail postponed?

i am just asking, why hasnt floyd called out pac publicly and tried to make this fight?

no arum, no roach, no roger, no pac, WHY HASNT FLOYD CALLED OUT PAC AND TRIED TO MAKE THIS FIGHT WITH PAC FOR MAY 5?

DaveB says:

Let's see what transpires between Arum and Pacquaio meeting this week. With Mayweather setting up a May 5 date I really think he will fight a Mexican opponent. I think Canelo will be the one. Also since Mayweather has postponed his jail time from the criminal case what will happen when they have the civil case? I'm not sure he will ever serve have any jail time though. I think putting off the jail time makes it easier to make this a pill people will swallow in their minds. The world is a strange place.

Shoulder Roll Defense says:

"If you want to get technical, he did call him out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhjPoMdtvE"

are you kidding, first of all that is 9 minutes of 12 people talking at once, i gave it 2 minutes and didnt hear anything about pacman.

secondly, im talking about a legit interview with a national voice, respected sports analyst, not a bunch of friends at home in the kitchen.
pac gave a national interview on jim rome live on his radio show stating he wanted the fight but floyd wont agree as he keeps pricing himself out.

what about this?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45fSsXPSw0A

Ali, I wanna come to your SCLA hood. Nyet! You won't have my back. I'll be gettin' it in the back. I know how you suckas attack. And I ain't bagging on ya! You know me! I'm down with O-P-P! Hehehehehe, playa! Holla!

Wow! SRD is gettin' on his whatever! Lil' Floyd knows that he has an arse thrashing coming. And his optical illusions will easily be solved by Da Manny. And you know dat! Money May is no Jack Johnson. Now he is a lot like Sugar Ray Robinson with all the ducking and jiving and going upside his babies' momma head. Money May oughta paint one of his Bentleys pink. Holla!