Manny Is 143, JMM 142, It's PREDICTION PAGE Time-Who Do Ya Like?

BY The Sweet Science ON November 11, 2011

Pacquiao Marquez weighin 111111 002aNovember 11, 2011, Las Vegas, Nevada  --- (L-R)  Superstar Manny Pacquiao and three-division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez pose during the weigh-in  (Pacquiao 143 lb, Marquez 142 lb)  Friday for their upcoming third mega-fight.  Undefeated WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy "The Desert Storm" Bradley Jr. and Joel Casamayor  were both 140 pounds. Casamyor needed an extra hour to drop one poubnd, however. The card, promoted by Top Rank, in association with MP Promotions, Marquez Boxing,Tecate and MGM Grand, Pacquiao vs Marquez III will take place, Saturday, Nov. 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and be produced and distributed by HBO Pay Per View.   --- Photo Credit : Chris Farina - Top Rank

I believe that JMM is gonna get blasted out. Too many tough fights over the years. Pacman by KO in the 5th round. Then again, I've been wrong about every fight for the last month so what do I know.

MisterLee says:

Marquez UD. He has teh forumla pple are underestimating him. Truth be told, Cotto and Margarito could simply walk over Marquez, but marquez has cleverness and boxing skills. Marquez in the past has staggered pacquiao, which is something bigger fighters couldnt' do. Marquez boma ye!!

Whoa! The Caveman steppin out! JMM by UD?? You will be sitting down to a crow sandwich with extra stink sauce about twenty four hours from now my friend. Pacman will not be denied the Money superfight!

DaveB says:

I see Pacquaio winning once again but I see Marquez finishing the fight. The man is too crafty. Pac and May haven't been able to keep him down. I don't see that changing tonight.

MisterLee says:

I'll eat my crow, but I have to say, I don't deserve it. I was waiting for the worlds AND NEW WBO WELTERWEIGHT CHAMP...

Condor says:

A razor thin fight. We might get Manny-Floyd after all, because Floyd will deem him safe enough now.

we're all patiently awaiting the article regarding the Pac/Marquez verdict to drop. So far the general consensus is bordering from condesending to blatant outrage....the internet is in chaos over the decision..... Don't know how Marquez could turn back the clock as if the giant killer never had his stunning victories over much larger men. I'm totally baffled. And I would never believe Manny would intentionally look average in order to lure Mayweather into the ring... Especially after after Mayweather has already begun talking about a future May 5th contest. I honestly can't say that Pac won that fight.

I was totally wrong about Marquez,.. the man deserves an Angel Cake and a Hometown Parade.

Condor says:

I don't even think it's close. I think Mayweather beats Pacquiao by a landslide decision. And I'm a Manny fan, who isn't? But it's borderline not competitive, in my opinion.

I agree to a point Condor,well said... but who knows?... Manny may regain his super ability (speed power and accuracy) against the money man... boxing is so unpredictable sometimes.

REPOST: Cyberspace fanfaronades and fans are so fickle. They make me get on my tickle. And I'd not trust 'em with a wooden nickle. Da ___ _____ would try to convince somebody that it's mint and purchase a giant-arse pickle. WTF! Holla!

Money May can Buffalo soldier UP, any time! And get what get he reaps. __ ____ _______! Holla!

Shoulder Roll Defense says:

I have to agree. Styles make fights and Manny has problems with counter punchers and who counter punches better than Mayweather? All of that lunging in off balance will probably get Manny knocked down, if not knocked out vs. Mayweather. I don't think Manny really wants any part of Mayweather! The Mayweather vs. Marquez fight was like a grown man sparring with his 8 year old son. It was a total mismatch!

FighterforJC says:

I told you, this 3rd fight wasn't going to be any different the first two. No surprise. It was moral victory for Marquez and I can't help to be disappointed by the result as a big Pacquiao fan, but Pacquiao definitely won this one. This almost reminded me of Jimmy Young vs Ali except that Pacquiao was the clearer victor. It was man against boy. Marquez was there to survive, he couldn't hurt Pacquiao. Pacquiao wanted to fight, Marquez wanted to stink it up. Marquez should've been the one willing to risk his hide to get that 3rd win. He caught Pacquiao sleeping a couple of times and instead of capitalizing and stepping on the gas, Marquez was content to land the ocasionaly clean but powerless shot. At the end of the night, Pacqiao's face was unmarked except for the headbutt cut while Marquez' face was swollen up. Punch stats revealed that Pacquiao landed more punches, including jabs. Pacquiao obliged JMM's style hoping to get a fight but JMM didn't reciprocate.

As for Pac-Mayweather, hopefully this is the final straw in convincing Mayweather to step into the ring against Pacquiao. Styles make fights. You can label Mayweather a "counter puncher" but not all counter punchers are the same. Marquez was matching Pacquiao nearly punch for punch and despite the overly cautious approach, JMM still had the nerve to trade with Pacqiao when he had to. If Mayweather doesn't do that then Pac would steamroll him. If Mayweather chooses to exchange then we have a great fight in our hands.

FighterforJC says:

It was a close fight, but Manny absolutely won that fight. Marquez won more on sentiment and his ability to not get hurt this time out. He frustrated Pacquiao at times, but that was all. JMM succeeded in sneaking in some clean punches that were more noticeable than Pacquiao's punches, but clearly it was Pacquiao who was in charge. Just because he didn't devour JMM it doesn't mean he was losing. Pacquiao did his share but JMM didn't. JMM did what he thought he was supposed to do. He had the perfect foundation to beat Pacquiao, but he did NOT build on that foundation. He was content to have Pacquiao frustrated and unable to land big shots, but JMM failed to press the action and did not capitalize on the holes he found in Pacquiao's game.

Pacquiao's face was marked up in the first two fights but was unblemished for the 3rd fight. Pacquiao also outlanded JMM this time out and JMM's face shows it. Pacquiao did more work and had more passion in this fight than JMM, and in a fight as close as this, that spells the difference. JMM played it safe. Pacquiao was the one willing to take the risks and took some clean shots for doing so, but he is to be given credit for trying to make it a fight.

With that said, I think what compounds the difficulty of Marquez's style for Pacquiao is that Pacquiao doesn't have the size advantage in this fight. Say what? You heard that right. Pacquiao's "size advantage" comes from being the smaller than the welters. It's not so much the speed, which definitely is a factor, as it is Pacquiao's much smaller "turning radius" that gave welterweights such problems. JMM doesn't give Pacquiao that luxury.

Tell 'em, FJC! Hatred and jealousy and stereotypes make people extreme idiots and nutcases. Enough spitted! Holla!

Money May would do against Da Manny the same as Buffalo soldier Lamar Clarence Sinclair did against the Pinoy Sulu warriors. [And don't let me have to holler about Roscoe Otis Mayweitter. The name was modified to Mayweather as time went by and by the time the mother of Pops Joy May moved to New York, where he was born -- not Grand Rapids, Mich.] Run like a b*tch and then get captured and get his arse BEAT. Sinclair was the great, great, great grandpops of Floyd Lamar Sinclair. I wonder who that is? [Didn't Money May say on one of the HBO 24/7 bullsh*t propaganda that he was not a junior? Well, he was not born a Mayweather for certain. And since you stanks -- I mean yanks -- like to check birth certificates, CHECK HIS!]

Somebody with the ability to arch-master research ought to check it out. Romanicization can be B*TCH once you know the truth -- and the whole truth -- to help you, GOD! Holla!

Nice comments F4JC,.. very well thought out and concise. And I thought you would be the one throwing a tantrum... it was close... Personally Robbery may be too strong a word... Bad decision is more fitting... and perhaps maybe "exposed" might be another...but that's my opinion..... Great POST!

FighterforJC says:

I don't know how "exposed" would be the right word. We didn't see anything that we didn't already know, which is that JMM exists to give Pacquiao fits. I never bought in to the ridiculous odds favoring Pacquiao. I could understand if they've only fought once, but to me their second fight proved that we will always get similar results whenever they fought each other. Personally,I think it adds some flavor to Pacquiao's legacy as the great ones all have their close, contreversial wins. There's Norton /Jimmy Young for Ali. Leonard's greatest win was just as close against Hagler. Trinidad-De La Hoya. Whitaker-Chavez. Leonard-Hearns 2. You can add Pacquiao-Marquez to that list.

TerryIgnacio says:

I like reading predictions. It's amusing how some would mock others' prediction, only to find out that these were right. I didn't poke fun at others, but my prediction was way off (to use Roach's words). It's amazing that after 36 rounds, nothing was settled. I would watch match number 4 though, but prefer that Manny face Floyd this time. Now a thread on predicting the outcome of that fight would get a ton of response.