Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 TSS / Boxing Channel Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2017 TSS / Boxing Channel Improvements

    Please share your recommendations for improvements you wish to see for these sites and why. Thank you in advance.

  • #2
    Originally posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Please share your recommendations for improvements you wish to see for these sites and why. Thank you in advance.
    Not sure if its possible but would streaming of some international broadcasts be viable? There is a lot of boxing that takes place globally that is not seen here in the US. Or it is viewed thru an illegal streaming network. If a website in the US could stream international bouts legally, there is an audience and it is not being done by anyone at the moment. There may be a reason for that too that I am not aware. But I have been hoping for years that a site would feature legal international broadcasts for us diehard fans.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bring in some old classic scraps. Those plies are da bomb! Holla!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Radam G View Post
        Bring in some old classic scraps. Those plies are da bomb! Holla!
        I like that too. I am always digging for old fights that have gone forgotten over time (actually have a little blog I run dedicated to those kind fights). There are so many good entertaining scraps that many fight fans either never saw or have forgotten all about.

        Comment


        • #5
          We're actively working on that. As for the older bouts, we do have our archive, which we are assembling for ease of use.

          What else ya got?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oubobcat View Post

            I like that too. I am always digging for old fights that have gone forgotten over time (actually have a little blog I run dedicated to those kind fights). There are so many good entertaining scraps that many fight fans either never saw or have forgotten all about.
            Ditto! Holla!

            Comment


            • #7
              In particularly, bring in some of the old fight films of dames, dolls and damsels. They will be on time with the return of lady boksing to finally getting some telecast love on tv and PPV. Holla!

              Comment


              • #8
                Rad, we need someone who can cover women's boxing from your side of the world. Can you help me with that request?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dino da vinci View Post
                  Rad, we need someone who can cover women's boxing from your side of the world. Can you help me with that request?
                  I will holla in da pugvine and see who bits. Holla!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thx R G

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dino da vinci View Post
                      Thx R G
                      I'm still searching what the right fit. Holla!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Appreciative of that, Sir Radam

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think BC should bring Kelsey and Laura back. Of course I'm totally biased.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I do have other ideas.

                            First, I think TSS should work on developing an App for iOS first and then Android. The App would get TSS at the forefront of that particular space in our sport. It could combine everything into one place and drive traffic while providing fans mobile content they want and need. It could have:

                            1. TSS feature stories
                            2. A boxing RSS Feed for other top news
                            3. Schedule / Results including TV schedules, times and PPV channel and costs
                            4. BC videos
                            5. Forum
                            6. Social Feeds of TSS and others like fighters, promoters, etc.
                            7. Other stuff I maybe haven't thought of.
                            8. App only special content (that would drive people to download and use it so you could potentially sell more ad space or get sponsors)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kmcc505 View Post
                              I do have other ideas.

                              First, I think TSS should work on developing an App for iOS first and then Android. The App would get TSS at the forefront of that particular space in our sport. It could combine everything into one place and drive traffic while providing fans mobile content they want and need. It could have:

                              1. TSS feature stories
                              2. A boxing RSS Feed for other top news
                              3. Schedule / Results including TV schedules, times and PPV channel and costs
                              4. BC videos
                              5. Forum
                              6. Social Feeds of TSS and others like fighters, promoters, etc.
                              7. Other stuff I maybe haven't thought of.
                              8. App only special content (that would drive people to download and use it so you could potentially sell more ad space or get sponsors)
                              I like these ideas a lot.

                              I have been thinking about this for a little time and have a few thoughts of my own.

                              1. Breaking news stories (goes along with number 2 on the list above)...a lot of news now breaks on social media like yesterday's news of Sullivan Barrera announcing the fight with Beterbiev on his twitter feed. Monitor and release news breaking news stories posted on social media.

                              2. A weekly themed article that is unique to a boxing website and could go hand in hand with the boxing channel site. On thought would be a forgotten fight series on fights that occured in the past and that have gone forgotten over time. I have a blog I run that is dedicated to such fights and that drives some traffic but I think such a segement, paired with a video on the boxing channel side, would go over really well.

                              3. Maybe somehow find a way to live stream fights overseas. A lot of boxing action happens that is televised internationally but not in the states. This would be a unique opportunity to show bouts that American tv is otherwise failing to do so.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X