Lomachenko vs. Linares on May 12 at Madison Square Garden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomachenko vs. Linares on May 12 at Madison Square Garden

Various sources are reporting that Lomachenko vs. Linares is official for May 12 at Madison Square Garden. At stake will be Jorge Linares's lightweight strap. Lomachenko will be bidding to win a world title in a third weight class in only his 12th professional fight.

The match is yet another example of Bob Arum's new-found willingness to do business with rival promoters. Last week it was Eddie Hearn, this week Don King and now on May 12 Oscar De La Hoya with whom Arum once had a harsh falling-out. Will Floyd Mayweather be next?

The best part of this is rival networks are working together to make sure events do not overlap. Finally some common sense in this sport and hopefully this is the start of a trend. One of the biggest issues in boxing is the running of major televised events concurrently that force fans to choose between events. It hurts all involved. By working together, networks and promoters can ensure more eyeballs are on each event.

Comment

Linares's face will look like a chees and sausage pizza by the 6th round. This will be a slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Blast View Post
        Linares's face will look like a chees and sausage pizza by the 6th round. This will be a slaughter.
        I don't disagree. More excited to see the networks and promoters working together. I wanted to see Tevin Farmer get this date against Lomachenko and still hope Farmer gets a shot at Loma soon.

Comment

Originally posted by oubobcat View Post

I don't disagree. More excited to see the networks and promoters working together. I wanted to see Tevin Farmer get this date against Lomachenko and still hope Farmer gets a shot at Loma soon.
          line 'em up for the slaughters

Comment

Working...
          X